Advertisement

Author Topic: Have not heard of this Asian Rapper until now, guess it's too late now??  (Read 349 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
After reports of Lil Tay’s death at 14, father, ex-manager won’t confirm
Statement on Instagram said the teen influencer’s death was ‘sudden and tragic’
Her brother passed away too, and both deaths were said to be ‘under investigation’

The death of Lil Tay, a young social media star who went viral for her foulmouthed videos, as well as the death of her older brother, was reported Wednesday on social media by an unnamed family member. She was 14, according to multiple reports.
No details were immediately available. The statement said the deaths were “under investigation”. Subsequently, the father of the rising Asian rapper, Christopher Hope, and the star’s former manager, Harry Tsang, said they could not confirm the teen’s death, according to Insider.
The Instagram statement said: “It is with a heavy heart that we share the devastating news of our beloved Claire’s sudden and tragic passing”. (Lil Tay’s real name was Claire Hope.)
“We have no words to express the unbearable loss and indescribable pain. This outcome was entirely unexpected, and has left us all in shock,” the Instagram statement continued. “Her brother’s passing adds an even more unimaginable depth to our grief.”

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Guess she's alive and well?  ???:

Lil Tay not actually dead: Child rapper and her brother are 'safe and alive' after apparent death hoax

It turns out that Lil Tay, the Canadian internet child rapper, is not actually dead.

One day after it was announced on her official Instagram account that she and her brother, 21-year-old Jason Tian, had both died, the provocative performer and social media influencer — who found internet fame at age 9 with her foul-mouthed antics and cash flashing before abruptly dropping off social media in 2018 — has surfaced to say it was a hoax and that her account was hacked.

"I want to make it clear that my brother and I are safe and alive, but I’m completely heartbroken and struggling to even find the right words to say," Tay told TMZ on Thursday. "It’s been a very traumatizing 24 hours. All day yesterday, I was bombarded with endless heartbreaking and tearful phone calls from loved ones all while trying to sort out this mess."

She said her Instagram account "was compromised by a 3rd party" and it was "used to spread jarring misinformation and rumors regarding me, to the point that even my name was wrong. My legal name is Tay Tian, not 'Claire Hope.'" She thanked Meta, owner of Instagram, for helping her get back into her account.

What happened?
The good news comes amid a very strange 24 hours. On Wednesday, the announcement that Tay and her brother, an aspiring rapper, had died appeared on her account, which has 3.3 million followers.

Screengrab of a statement of Lil Tay's death that appeared on her Instagram account.
Lil Tay via Instagram
"It is with a heavy heart that we share the devastating news of our beloved Claire's sudden and tragic passing," the Instagram message said. "This outcome was entirely unexpected and has left us all in shock. Her brother's passing adds an even more unimaginable depth to our grief. During this time of immense sorrow, we kindly ask for privacy as we grieve this overwhelming loss, as the circumstances surrounding Claire and her brother's passing are still under investigation."

The post has since been deleted, but the news of the two deaths was confirmed by Tay's management to Variety. However, doubts quickly grew. Media outlets weren't able to confirm the deaths in Vancouver or the Los Angeles area, where she has resided. Tay's ex-manager Harry Tsang told outlets that the situation called for "cautious consideration" and said he "cannot definitively confirm or dismiss the legitimacy of the statement issued by the family." Tay's own father, Christopher Hope, was reached at his law office by the New York Post and said he was "not able to give you any comment right now. I'm sorry — I can't." Asked whether someone else could confirm the news, he said, "Um, no, not that that I'm aware of."

A history of family drama
Tay became well known for brow-raising social media posts, which painted her, then 9, as living a lavish rapper life in Hollywood. She'd curse, flash wads of cash, pose by fancy cars she was way too young to drive and describe herself as the "the youngest flexer of the century," who escaped poverty by "moving bricks," which means selling drugs, according to Urban Dictionary. She drew backlash for using the N-word.

In 2018, Tay was the focus of a three-episode docuseries, Life With Lil Tay, about her road to stardom. Then, the same year, she abruptly stopped posting on social media. Her parents, including mom Angela Tian, began a custody battle and fight over the child's fortune. The exes were reportedly at odds about her career path. Along the way, the child's Instagram account was used to harass her dad during the custody dispute. Then most of her old posts were deleted. At one point the words "help me" were posted to a story. It's unclear exactly who has been managing the account.

In 2019, Tay — with her mom by her side — spoke to the Daily Beast about the "bad situation" she was in. She claimed her father had filed court papers saying she was "in danger and stuff" and "threatening to ... have my mom arrested." She said she hadn't seen him "for multiple years," and "it's obvious he just came back because he wants money."

Since Tay's announcement that her death wasn't a hoax, there is no new update on the platform further trying to clarify these statements.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
Guess she's alive and well?  ???:

Lil Tay not actually dead: Child rapper and her brother are 'safe and alive' after apparent death hoax

It turns out that Lil Tay, the Canadian internet child rapper, is not actually dead.

... Since Tay's announcement that her death wasn't a hoax, there is no new update on the platform further trying to clarify these statements.

So, she's dead, not dead... but she just announced that her death wasn't a hoax...  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Looks like she is really dead?  ???:

Lil Tay’s Family Confirms ‘Sudden’ Death of Rapper and Influencer at Age 14

August 10, 2:07 p.m. update: Lil Tay has announced that she is "alive and safe" following the false death report released on August 9, claiming that her social media "was compromised by a third party and used to spread jarring misinformation and rumors."

Social media star and rapper Lil Tay has died at the age of 14, her family confirmed.

“It is with a heavy heart that we share the devastating news of our beloved Claire's sudden and tragic passing,” Lil Tay – whose real name was Claire Hope – wrote in a statement shared via her Instagram account on Wednesday, August 9. “We have no words to express the unbearable loss and indescribable pain.”

The statement continued, “This outcome was entirely unexpected, and has left us all in shock.”

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
I've heard of her before the pandemic and I was inspired on how a young little bite size girl can have a filthy loud mouth as she throw shades at everybody and that we are poor and she's filthy rich.  Turns out her mom was all into it as she was into real estate and them million dollars properties were her client's home and so her daughter would stage a youtube live stream from there and claiming that it is her properties.  Her lambo and money were all borrowed.  She flex it like how them kaydoos be doing it in them rap videos. 

She got so famous that she and this other white trash chick called whoa vicky would meet up that catch me outside girl from Dr. Phil just to beat her up.  Little bite size big talk but when it comes to fighting, she went hiding behind bigger people.

Then she went disappearing when the cat got out of the bag that she is not who she was trying to portray.   All for likes and subs but hey, that's a business that pays. 

Now they say she's dead but don't tell the method of death.  Then today, she is alive and well and her account got hacked.  They professes that her name was different was an indicator. 

The youngest flexer indeed.  It could be foul play because faking your death to see if the world still cares about you is what little children do.  Whatever it takes to be relevant again because that is what them Kardashians are doing.  Once in a while, you see them back in the news somehow. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
  • ...luv me or hate me...
  • Respect: +267
    • View Profile
They say she was hacked so which was it?  ???

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Here's more to add to the confusion LL  :o ???  ;D:

Lil Tay is alive, but her situation is confusing and really, really sad [Updated]

Today, TMZ reported that Lil Tay—real name Tay Tian—was, in fact, alive, and that her account had been hacked. “I want to make it clear that my brother and I are safe and alive, but I'm completely heartbroken, and struggling to even find the right words to say.

Advertisements