Advertisement

Author Topic: Did you older folks have a club back in the late 80s & early 90s? I had one  (Read 231 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
..so I'm sure some of you MOFO had one too during that rampant car theft era especially Toyota cars because it was so easy to steal...Saw these $5 knockoffs and it brought back some memories of it..  ;D:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I think red was the most popular color as it's easy to see even at night and then yellow came in second:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
For our younger PH members that have no clue of that the club is, here's a sample photo of it in action  ;D:

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
Instead of the club, I had alarm. The annoying sounds of various decibels but luckily, never had my vehicle stolen however, a close family did. Cell phone back then was privileged so had a call on the home phone to go look at old pictures to see if license plate# were captured. Found plate# too in old photos and his GTS was recovered pretty quick with all tires gone.

Like this post: +1

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
I still have mine as of today.  Bought my car without adding the factory alarm so had to rely on the old school club.  Previous car had the starter kill added as an aftermarket item and it worked as intended but it worked too good.  It even prevented me from driving that car too as it sometimes have hiccups but really now, the starter was showing early signs of dying.   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline JonniJacko

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
i still have one in my car in the trunk somewhere..I also had the ones that lock the brake petal instead..that one was less embarassing to use..lols I see some people still using them though..you do what you gotta do...whatever gives you peace of mind..or help you relax..to some people it's the only car they have and if its gone, they are screwed..it's not theft proof and I think people know that but they put it on anyway because it will definitely deterred thefts from trying to steal the car..it'll take a lot of time, trying to saw it off or picking the lock out..lols

« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 10:23:54 PM by JonniJacko »

Advertisements