Advertisement

Author Topic: Per this Asian girl's experience, why I respect and love my wife even more  (Read 681 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...after watching what she went through while carrying our daughter for 9 months:

A Video Showing A Woman Struggling To Poop After Giving Birth Has Received Over 8 Million Views, So I Spoke To An OBGYN To Find Out What New Moms Should Expect

I'm sure you've noticed that transparency behind pregnancy struggles are trending as women online are openly sharing the not-so-glamorous aspects of pregnancy and child birth.

I came across the Remingtons, who are a couple that make videos about the journey to parenthood. In an effort to de-stigmatize a common postpartum issue, they recently made a video — which has amassed over 8.4 million views — documenting the difficult process of passing a bowel movement after Tiffany vaginally gave birth to their son.

"It's time to poop after birth, and for me it's just as mortifying as birth," Tiffany said at the start of the video.

In the clip, Tiffany hovers over a toilet while explaining that she recently took Colace, a laxative that softens the stool, to help with pooping after birth. It's "actually not as bad at first," she writes on the screen, before sharing that her anus appeared "pursed" after giving birth to her first child. Finishing up, Tiffany then asks her partner to check her perineum, and he describes it as "puffy and inflamed."

When asked about how common this issue of struggling with postpartum pooping is in her experience, Dr. Jacobson told BuzzFeed: "Very."

"The female body goes through immense physiologic and physical changes during a pregnancy that involve all organ systems in the body," Dr. Jacobson told BuzzFeed.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements