Advertisement

Author Topic: Speaking of SMF, Sacramento has a small airport so it's pretty dead  (Read 425 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...compared to the larger airports I've been to around the country:

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Speaking of SMF, Sacramento has a small airport so it's pretty dead
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 11:33:44 PM »
Inside:

Like this post: 0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 11:35:24 PM »
Tram and last gas station for car renters nearest to the airport and yes, that ARCO gas station has been there a long time..:

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +381
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2023, 04:28:58 PM »
Is that the place located between Metro Air Park and Sacramento River?

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2023, 06:23:30 PM »
 O0

Offline JonniJacko

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2023, 07:18:51 PM »
Not going to lie but back in my young days when I was still trying to figure out life and what not, I would drive through the airport here at night..haha the building itself isn't too big and flashy. but the whole premise is I say huge. I only stopped doing it because Someone told me,There are government agents that tracked every car that comes through the airport...esp. after 9/11..lols Heard stories where people try to sneak into or somehow got into prohibited zones in or around the airport premises and within 5 minutes men in black are confronting them..haha so yeah.

Offline JonniJacko

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2023, 07:31:32 PM »
Tram and last gas station for car renters nearest to the airport and yes, that ARCO gas station has been there a long time..:

funny story about this particular am/pm. Long while back in the early 00's. My brother and two of his friends needed someone to pick them up from the airport because the person who was suppose to either forgot or had some kind of emergency. So He calls me. ANd I was reluctant because I have never picked anyone up at the airport before so I didn't really know what to expect. But he says it's easy, just pay attention to the signs, go park in the waiting zone, and when i get a text, just drive by the arrival area and look for them or they will flag me down.

anyway, when i got to the airport, right before this am/pm, there is this little dirt road to the right that is prohibited for public access. I don't know why or how the hell, but I turn there and got stuck in the mud...lols. they usually have it blocked off with one of those metal flaps or something..but it was open for some reason that day or moment I got there...but it was raining, so it was muddy. I finally manage to get out of there after putting the car in the lowest gear...and I drove to this am pm...with a muddy ass car...leaving a streak of muddy trail all the way to the am/pm here...lols looking for the car wash. I can't remember if they have a car wash in the am/pm but I remember I look at the car, and because it was raining pretty good, most of the mud and dirt was washed off by the rain..so I drove to the wait area, wait for them to call, and I told them what happen and they laughed their ass off...

so yeah. Important life lesson...if something is your first time doing, don't stress it, embrace the challenge..hah a

update: I'm pretty sure the Airport security survellience members had a good laugh too..lols

« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 11:03:37 PM by JonniJacko »

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2023, 12:46:56 PM »
so yeah. Important life lesson...if something is your first time doing, don't stress it, embrace the challenge..hah a

update: I'm pretty sure the Airport security survellience members had a good laugh too..lols

"If you're not making mistakes, then you're not doing anything. I'm positive that a doer makes mistakes."

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2023, 02:31:38 PM »
Not going to lie but back in my young days when I was still trying to figure out life and what not, I would drive through the airport here at night..haha the building itself isn't too big and flashy. but the whole premise is I say huge. I only stopped doing it because Someone told me,There are government agents that tracked every car that comes through the airport...esp. after 9/11..lols Heard stories where people try to sneak into or somehow got into prohibited zones in or around the airport premises and within 5 minutes men in black are confronting them..haha so yeah.

You got a mental illness bra.  Back in them days, the closet neighborhood are notamas homes and it is still far of a drive to the airport.  To drive there just to do a cruise, well that's straight up boredom there. 

I lived near the UOP campus.  Any given Weekend, I would cruise that campus, rolled down my windows and try my best to hear party music.  I would then cash them college parties. Most are free and most are organized by a student group of some sort like the international study association or the viet society or frat parties.  If nothing, I would still have fun by playing some pick up basketball on campus.  Good way to meet people and people watch.   O0

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline JonniJacko

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2023, 04:01:48 PM »
"If you're not making mistakes, then you're not doing anything. I'm positive that a doer makes mistakes."

shizzos, if someone asked me to go pick them up from SF airport, I'd probably leave the house 6 hours in advance and cruise around the airport a few rounds to get familiar..lols ..but yeah Totally align with that saying. You don't learn if you don't make mistakes.you gotta get out of your comfort zone every now and then.

Offline JonniJacko

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2023, 04:24:14 PM »
You got a mental illness bra.  Back in them days, the closet neighborhood are notamas homes and it is still far of a drive to the airport.  To drive there just to do a cruise, well that's straight up boredom there. 

I lived near the UOP campus.  Any given Weekend, I would cruise that campus, rolled down my windows and try my best to hear party music.  I would then cash them college parties. Most are free and most are organized by a student group of some sort like the international study association or the viet society or frat parties.  If nothing, I would still have fun by playing some pick up basketball on campus.  Good way to meet people and people watch.   O0

i'm not shy about my mental health history. I would be one of the first person to ignore the stigma and admit to suffering from it at one point in life..haha I lost friends and even family because they thought I would be a life long burden to them..they want nothing to do with me....now they all want to be a part of my life because I got money everywhere...a nd it's like they say, if you didn't accept me when i was at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best...hahaha j/k...I'm not that mean, I still play it cool with these folks, but I will never forget what my value to them and I will only value them at how much they valued me..eventually once they realize that, it's back to being estrange family or a friend who came and gone, came back and gone forever...haha

but yeah check this one out...still hits me in the heart...didn't follow theses siblings..but I remember the brother had a match where he just couldn't miss because his punches were too fast to be seen coming or blocked..haha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7WwVZ9y9Ks

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2023, 02:08:11 PM »
Starring to look a little like SJC. I remembered when it was Sac Metro and no walk bridge or parking structure.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2023, 02:29:06 PM »
Last time I was there in the 00's they still had the luggage sculpture. Is it still there?

On a side note, I spent a night in the lobby of the hotel across the airport because I missed my flight. Being broke and young made you adventurous.

Advertisements