Advertisement

Author Topic: Was 48 oysters one too many?  (Read 756 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Was 48 oysters one too many?
« on: October 13, 2023, 02:07:09 PM »
Viral Story About Date Ditching Woman After She Crushed 48 Oysters Sparks Hilarious Reactions

Rolling Stone got confirmation that the story is true, along with some hilarious insight from the general manager at Fontaine’s Oyster House.

“No, this happens all the time,” Kelcey Flanagan said about customers bailing on bad dates. “People already think it's guerrilla marketing and it’s just like, it’s just Atlanta. You can’t make it up.”

She also revealed the man returned, saying, “I don’t know what was said. But he popped back in and then they left."

What’s particularly wild is that the oyster marathon was far from unusual. “I’ve had two ladies order six dozen each,” Flanagan divulged. “That’s not even the cherry on top—they were drinking white Russians. I didn’t know how to personally feel about that. I was just like, this is insane to me, but okay. … Like I had this one guy that was in an oyster-eating competition order 15 dozen. … I will say, it had been a minute since I had a single female eat that many. But then, you know, she was eating crackers and things like that. But yeah, she put it away. It’s pretty impressive.”

See original story below.

A woman has gone viral after sharing her alleged experience when she went on a date only to get ditched and stuck with the $180 bill.

TikTok users @equanaaa and her unidentified companion went to Fontaine's Oyster House in Atlanta, Georgia where she proceeded to knock back plate after plate of oysters. Taking full advantage of the establishment's $15-per-dozen deal on oysters that day, she ended up housing 48 oysters, in addition to crab cakes and steamed red potatoes.

Her date allegedly told her that he was going to the bathroom and never returned. "Running out on a tab is crazyyy," she later texted him, to which he responded, "I offered to take you out for drinks and you ordered all that food," adding, "I can cashapp the total for the drinks."

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements