Advertisement

Author Topic: No different than some Hmong  (Read 841 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
No different than some Hmong
« on: October 19, 2023, 02:09:48 PM »
In regards to hating based on skin tone color when a member of their community marries out of race  ???:

‘It’s Very Complicated’: Taye Diggs’ Ex-Wife Idina Menzel Says Black Community’s ‘Disappointment’ That He Married a ‘White, Jewish Girl’ Influenced Divorce

Taye Diggs’ ex-wife, Idina Menzel, has opened up about the struggles they faced as an interracial couple and how that ultimately played a part in their divorce.

The pair were married for 10 years after meeting on the set of the Broadway phenomenon “Rent” in 1995. In a recent interview, the “Frozen” actress dished how their racial and ethnic differences impacted their marriage.

Menzel was a recent guest on the “Dinner’s on Me” podcast with host “Modern Family” actor Tyler Ferguson.

While Menzel noted that she and Diggs were always “supportive” of each other’s success, she revealed her thoughts about the “All American” actor disappointing his “community” by marrying someone of a different race.

“It’s very complicated. I mean, very supportive of each other, always,” the 52-year-old said at the 23:48 mark. “The thing that came into play more, I would say, is the racial, interracial aspect of it.”

As she continued, Menzel suggested that being an interracial couple on Broadway greatly differed from being an interracial couple in Hollywood.

“When you’re in the theater, it’s just not a thing. We all love each other and sleep with each other,” she suggested.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements