Advertisement

Author Topic: So Asians scare White folks that much eh?  (Read 279 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
So Asians scare White folks that much eh?
« on: November 29, 2023, 06:04:26 PM »
Fear of Competition? Research Shows That When Asian Students Move In, White Families Move Out

Asian Americans increasingly find themselves at the center of scorching debates over educational opportunity and fairness, whether related to admissions practices at highly selective colleges or pressing concerns over social exclusion in school.

Now research evidence demonstrates that they face racial isolation simply by entering the classroom. A recent study of wealthy California suburbs finds that white families drift away from public schools as more Asian students enroll in them — and fears over academic competition, rather than outright racism, may play the biggest role in driving the departures.

Circulated this summer by the National Bureau of Economic Research, the paper offers an unusually granular view of population-level changes in a highly affluent and desirable milieu. It also reveals a stark and somewhat disturbing response to the presence of Asian Americans, one of the fastest-growing and highest-achieving ethnic groups in the United States.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
Re: So Asians scare White folks that much eh?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 02:00:57 PM »
It seems to have always been that way... :D

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023, 09:38:57 AM »
Well... Whites always want to be the top dogs... Hence, with the perceived "Asian achieved more" stereotype, they don't want their children to compete against Asian. They would rather have Black/Latino graduating from school without mastering the basic so their white kids will always be ahead of them.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2023, 11:27:37 AM »
Well... Whites always want to be the top dogs... Hence, with the perceived "Asian achieved more" stereotype, they don't want their children to compete against Asian. They would rather have Black/Latino graduating from school without mastering the basic so their white kids will always be ahead of them.

Hell has frozen over. So succinct.

Online JonniJacko

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2023, 02:17:22 PM »
there's something really wrong when 90% of regular workers are minorities but the CEO is always a White guy. lols

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2023, 02:52:40 PM »
there's something really wrong when 90% of regular workers are minorities but the CEO is always a White guy. lols

:2funny:

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
  • Respect: +242
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2023, 01:30:37 PM »
I remembered when I moved to NC from CA and enrolled in high school the counselor put me in 3 honor classes.  I was like, "what why?.  She told me my grades were good in CA.  I felt out of place lol.

Different 💩 same smell

Advertisements