Advertisement

Author Topic: What I learned from divorced people.  (Read 902 times)

Offline Prude

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
What I learned from divorced people.
« on: December 08, 2023, 07:37:05 AM »
They don't truly love the people in their new relationships if they already have
children from a previous relationship. Their love is still with those children
and won't ever change.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
Re: What I learned from divorced people.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2023, 04:26:08 PM »
That's probably true for some divorced people. However, I mostly see divorcees who favor the boyfriend/girlfriend over their children.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 06:34:15 PM by Believe_N_Me »

Offline Prude

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2023, 06:38:05 AM »
Those know true love for their lovers but are few.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2023, 01:05:20 PM »
One door closes another door opens and it's not the end of the world.  Self love is an essential ingredient to finding love again.

Also, people using the new found freedom to live recklessly will end up most often in disappointment s. 

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +381
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2023, 05:08:48 PM »
They don't truly love the people in their new relationships if they already have
children from a previous relationship. Their love is still with those children
and won't ever change.

Do these divorcees have religious belief? Most Hamung don't care if they marry a divorcee. Even Lukewarm Christians don't care they marry a divorcee either.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2023, 11:28:16 PM »
There are some couples (divorced or longterm bf/gf) who breakup or go through a down period and start seeing people. But then they reconcile and get back together because it's convenient and comfortable, rather then having to actually maintain a new relationship. I know some people whose entire relationship is like that. They keep hurting other people in the process because they drag these unsuspecting and undeserving victims into their drama.   

Offline JonniJacko

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2024, 10:38:17 PM »
you can't love someone if you don't love yourself..once someone is broken, its very hard to love themself..inst ead of working to find inner peace and recover self love and respect, like a evil spirit, they keep falling onto others to filled that void..or turn to other more sinister habits like drinking and smoking evil candies..haha

sorry folks..watched too many horror flicks today. haha

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2024, 04:54:55 PM »
you can't love someone if you don't love yourself..once someone is broken, its very hard to love themself..instead of working to find inner peace and recover self love and respect, like a evil spirit, they keep falling onto others to filled that void..or turn to other more sinister habits like drinking and smoking evil candies..haha

sorry folks..watched too many horror flicks today. haha

Agree. Broken people inevitably self-sabotage a healthy relationship before the secure person has a chance to leave them - something they're convinced will happen. It's usually in the form of pulling away, distancing themselves, and even ghosting. They're more comfortable with other broken/unavailable people because they don't become so emotionally invested. Also, when it ends, they can justify the breakup.

Offline Prude

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2024, 02:31:38 AM »
But chicken-and-bird-bone lovers also aren't always good matches once children come into
play, too.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2024, 12:16:28 AM »
I'm astounded by people who have no trouble discarding an ex-spouse whom they may have had children, built a home, and a life with. But then struggle to completely cut loose a toxic boyfriend/girlfriend whom they've been on and off with and isn't much better than the ex-spouse they divorced. And they even let this go on for decades. Honestly, these people are attracted to drama.

Lawv tseem mob siab thiab khuv xim tus niag hluas nkauj/nraug uas twb pauv tsis ntxiv tus niag txiv/poj niam uas lawv muab veg.  :idiot2:

These are people who as the saying goes, "khiav qav mus ntsib nab". (Translation: Run away from the frog to meet a snake).

Offline Prude

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2024, 04:46:14 AM »
I know why the elders go to Laos. Both men and women. When you're in
your 50s, you really can't find a single lover who  has no kids. Only those
few who just can't have kids might still be around. But if you want to start
a marriage again, you'll have to turn to divorced people who already have
tons of kids.

Are we married to take care of someone else's kids? Are we married
for true love when we already have kids? The answer to both
questions is no. If I have kids, I look for a woman who will love
and get along with my kids. But I'm not marrying someone just
because I care about her or his kids. 

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2024, 02:48:49 PM »
Older singles have more baggage. The more baggage they have, the least likely they know how to manage that baggage.

It really boils down to how a person handles all the curveballs that life throws at them. Some people are much better at it than others. You want to be with someone who is good at handling the baggage they're carrying.

Young, single folks get a pass because they probably don't have as much on their plate. But this doesn't mean they will be a good partner because EVERYBODY eventually accrues baggage. It is then that they may also become an older single with too much baggage.  :)

Offline Mong-X

• Your One And Only
  • Administrator
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2024, 11:02:52 PM »
Once you take a vacuum and suck out the air from these baggage, what you have left are the fine linings.  It's not a big challenge working with fine linings.

Offline Prude

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2024, 07:22:01 AM »
Older singles have more baggage. The more baggage they have, the least likely they know how to manage that baggage.

It really boils down to how a person handles all the curveballs that life throws at them. Some people are much better at it than others. You want to be with someone who is good at handling the baggage they're carrying.

Young, single folks get a pass because they probably don't have as much on their plate. But this doesn't mean they will be a good partner because EVERYBODY eventually accrues baggage. It is then that they may also become an older single with too much baggage.  :)

The love for the children usually supersedes the love for the incoming lover, no matter how one manages one's baggage.

Offline Prude

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2024, 07:22:55 AM »
Once you take a vacuum and suck out the air from these baggage, what you have left are the fine linings.  It's not a big challenge working with fine linings.

You mean, let the children grow up and move away first and then the couple fall in love or marry after that? 

I can do that. Just shouldn't rush into the commitment.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 07:27:18 AM by Prude »

Advertisements