Advertisement

Author Topic: Is Yang right about London?  (Read 167 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Is Yang right about London?
« on: December 28, 2023, 11:20:34 PM »
San Francisco rapper issues apology after Breed diss track

SAN FRANCISCO - A San Francisco restaurant owner offered an apology for a rap video that criticizes the mayor and other city leaders over their response to crime.

Chino Yang made a song with the lyrics, "London Breed, you ain't nothing but a clown, when we really needed you ain't never been around."

Yang, also the owner of Kung Food in the NoPa neighborhood, blames San Francisco for car and business break-ins, homelessness and attacks on Asian residents. He mentioned recording the song after his restaurant experienced its seventh break-in.

In the track, he raps that since COVID, not enough has been done to address violence against members of the Asian community.

"They're getting killed, they're getting robbed and the D.A. just dropping all the murder charges," he raps.

However, some San Francisco leaders have taken issue with Yang's criticism of Breed.

The San Francisco NAACP, and community activists defended Breed at a rally at Third Baptist Church, condemning the song and urging Yang to take down the video.

"Everybody always looking at her (Breed) like, ‘Oh, she got the city (messed up),’ the city been messed up. I been living in the city all my life. The city been messed up and she inherited a lot of these problems," said activist Laron Mayfield.

Yolunda Williams, president of San Francisco Black Police Officers for Justice, added, "Music is supposed to be a universal language and a communication that brings us together."

Yang has since issued an apology for the sake of his family and loved ones after he says he received threats from a "powerful" individual, the San Francisco Standard reported.

"I am sorry for my ignorance, my foolishness and impulsiveness," he posted on social media Tuesday. "I should be more informed about what she's done for our city."

Yang told the San Francisco Standard he plans to remove it.

Residents are divided on whether the diss track was appropriate.

"I think it's pretty childish. I mean if you want solutions about something, go to the local meetings," said resident Josh Marx.

Hannah Macaulay said, "I think it's important to use your civic voice. And if your media is a song and you're talking to the mayor, that's fine."

The 3-minute video has racked up thousands of views on YouTube.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
Re: Is Yang right about London?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2023, 04:11:43 PM »
I'm pretty sure he's apologizing because some people in power are threatening him with 'fake' dirt(s) to close his business and make life miserable for him. They know they can do it too... and there's nothing he can do about it. Look to the case with George Floyd and the cops... they were the sacrificial lambs to appease the 'oppressed' mob.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline Tajo

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +105
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2023, 04:50:46 AM »
She's an awful mayor.    Yang is telling the truth.   

Like this post: +1

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2024, 02:23:53 PM »
Rev. Amos Brown condemned over alleged threats against rapper Chino Yang

The Asian Justice Movement (AJM) condemned reported threats by Rev. Amos Brown against Chino Yang, a rapper and small business owner who released a music video criticizing Mayor London Breed for San Francisco's crime.

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +381
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2024, 09:56:12 PM »
Listen to this black fella. What he said about the black community is the truth.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CytGqM-OXvJ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=ODhhZWM5NmIwOQ==

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Advertisements