Advertisement

Author Topic: I think one of the reasons is the new Supra doesn't have world class  (Read 851 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
..power like it's predecessor. I mean when the 1993 Supra came out with 320 hp, it was in the upper tier of horsepower production when compared to other mass produced sports cars of that time...It is the best looking Supra generation though IMO but looks alone won't sell that well when it comes to sports cars...gotta have performance to match.

Toyota Supra Sales Plummeted Last Year Because You All Have Terrible Taste

The A90 Toyota Supra is a good car. A very good car, in fact, with some of the best styling and engine sounds on the market today. Yet, according to Toyota’s year-end sales numbers, none of you have actually gone out and bought one. This is a travesty, and I won’t stand for it.

Toyota sold just 2,652 Supras in 2023, down from 4,952 in 2022. That’s a 46-percent drop, and it’s a crime. The Supra is fantastic little car, and you’re all ignoring it. For what? What else are you buying?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: I think one of the reasons is the new Supra doesn't have world class
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 11:13:28 PM »
Even an outdated 2007 Nissan GT-R had more power than the new Supra overall performance. Back in the 1993, the Supra's HP was on par with the likes of the Corvette but not anymore.

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
Re: I think one of the reasons is the new Supra doesn't have world class
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2024, 06:11:28 PM »
Supra's main competitor is the Z. The Supra is so good that it takes the GTR to even out match it. Supra is 60k and GTR now is over 100k. If you drive a GTR and GR Supra they arent even alike at all. The Supra is way more comfy and better for a daily. If you have an older GTR and the GR supra both on BPU they're pretty much head to head.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 06:14:46 PM by Boost »

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Advertisements