Advertisement

Author Topic: People leave a relationship when...  (Read 222 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
People leave a relationship when...
« on: January 08, 2024, 03:29:51 PM »
...there is no sense of commitment anymore.

A friend and I were talking about relationships and why some of them end. We agreed that one person's bad behavior doesn't always result in a divorce/ending of a relationship. There are many marriages where one person is not behaving respectfully towards the other spouse, whether they are cheating, have an addiction, non-contributing, bad attitude, short tempered, etc. But the spouse stays because they feel like the bad spouse is still committed to the relationship. This is in addition to all the other complex factors: family pressure, financial reasons, don't want to be alone, etc. However, all those other factors become irrelevant the moment one person feels like there is no commitment from the other person.

It's a very complex subject. There are people with a very toxic partner but they still have a feeling that this partner is committed to the relationship. Their bad behavior is just that "a behavior", but not necessarily a full reflection of how they feel about the relationship. For example, people with a very bad temper don't necessarily want to break up even if they are easily irritated by their partner. Cheaters also don't necessarily want to leave their current relationship. This may be why their spouse chooses to stick around and hope that patience will eventually pay off - maybe they can stick around long enough to see their bad partner change. But if that bad partner starts to give off a non-committal energy, the other partner will start to let go. This explains why some couples break up even when there is no betrayal.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: People leave a relationship when...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 12:05:48 AM »
People stay in an unhappy situation because they're too settled in to leave. It may take them years to finally make the move. For example, I don't believe OGs would ever abandon their families if there wasn't a mos ab in waiting. It's always easier to leave a situation when you're excited about what's waiting on the other side. 

Offline JonniJacko

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2024, 08:25:44 AM »
Staying in a detrimentally toxic unhealthy relationship is like a bad habit, they knows it's bad for them but they stay. The outcome of ones life and happiness relies on the habits they keep or kick.  Have a coworker in her 60s and she finally got the clue and divorce her verbally abusive husband of 40 years. Better late than never. The thing though is hot temper people are highly sexually stimulating. So it's usually the sex that keeps someone in a toxic relationship. Lols

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2024, 11:15:37 AM »
Staying in a detrimentally toxic unhealthy relationship is like a bad habit, they knows it's bad for them but they stay. The outcome of ones life and happiness relies on the habits they keep or kick.  Have a coworker in her 60s and she finally got the clue and divorce her verbally abusive husband of 40 years. Better late than never. The thing though is hot temper people are highly sexually stimulating. So it's usually the sex that keeps someone in a toxic relationship. Lols

Is that so?

Will all the men whose been with toxic, hot tempered women please come verify this claim. lol!

« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 08:46:50 PM by Believe_N_Me »

Advertisements