Advertisement

Author Topic: EV is not selling in the UK because...  (Read 75 times)

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
EV is not selling in the UK because...
« on: February 08, 2024, 09:09:50 AM »
Mr. Bean made fun of it, according to the UK's House of Lords  :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

The actor (Rowan Atkinson - Mr. Bean) was name checked in the House of Lords, upper house of the Parliament of the United Kingdom, recently during its environment and climate change committee meeting. The think tank Green Alliance presented its views on the main obstacles faced by the UK government in phasing out petrol and diesel cars by 2035. Green Alliance pinned the blame on an article written by the actor and deemed it as damaging to the cause.

The Rowan’s piece was headlined: “I love electric vehicles — and was an early adopter. But increasingly, I feel duped” he also wrote that EVs were “a bit soulless” and criticized the use of their lithium-ion batteries, which are made with minerals (graphite, lithium, nickel, manganese, and cobalt) that are mined from the earth - creating more environmental harm.

Like this post: 0
- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Adverstisement

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
Re: EV is not selling in the UK because...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2024, 11:47:14 AM »
Mr. Bean made fun of it, according to the UK's House of Lords  :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

The actor (Rowan Atkinson - Mr. Bean) was name checked in the House of Lords, upper house of the Parliament of the United Kingdom, recently during its environment and climate change committee meeting. The think tank Green Alliance presented its views on the main obstacles faced by the UK government in phasing out petrol and diesel cars by 2035. Green Alliance pinned the blame on an article written by the actor and deemed it as damaging to the cause.

The Rowan’s piece was headlined: “I love electric vehicles — and was an early adopter. But increasingly, I feel duped” he also wrote that EVs were “a bit soulless” and criticized the use of their lithium-ion batteries, which are made with minerals (graphite, lithium, nickel, manganese, and cobalt) that are mined from the earth - creating more environmental harm.

What's the point? You've posted numerous link regarding random single individuals affecting the thoughts and opinions of other larger groups of people in the past. How's this different or more impactful?

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
Re: EV is not selling in the UK because...
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2024, 11:58:13 AM »
i say it many times in the past

YOU DON’T WANT TO BE THE FIRST ONE, (guinea pig)
YOU ALSO DON’T WANT TO BE THE LAST ONE TOO

;D ;D ;D O0 O0 O0

thats just everything you do in life
let these thing sort itself out before you dish $60k+ for a tesla

God did not created man...man created god

Advertisements