Advertisement

Author Topic: The Perfect Boyfriend is a Red Flag  (Read 109 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
The Perfect Boyfriend is a Red Flag
« on: February 21, 2024, 11:31:16 AM »
It seems to be very prevalent in today's mating ritual, but many relationship experts are saying that it's a red flag. Psychologists who have expertise in narcissism warn that it's a manipulative tactic used to make someone a primary supply.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 01:19:02 PM by Believe_N_Me »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: The Perfect Boyfriend is a Red Flag
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 12:10:20 PM »
I had a discussion about this with a friend who believes the women are just dumb and desperate. However, I don't believe the women in these situations started out that way. I believe they were misled by the man acting like the perfect boyfriend.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 01:19:47 PM by Believe_N_Me »

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: The Perfect Boyfriend is a Red Flag
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 12:26:31 PM »
I'll find the time to provide the link but there is a a guy who is a clinically diagnosed narcissist and he goes on Youtube to answer people's questions about having a relationship with a narcissist. According to him, a narcissist can get married but it is always for their convenience. There isn't real love because narcissists cannot love another person. The person serves as a useful function for the narcissist. For example, she has his children, performs house duties, provides a second income, etc. Whatever function she serves, she now becomes his primary supply. So sometimes, a narcissist will marry their primary supply, but the supply is miserable of course. When asked why the supply doesn't just leave, he says because the narcissist knows how to play the game to destroy the spirit of the supply. Many times the supply feels trapped and isolated.

Sounds like many stories on Hmong Youtube story channels.

Advertisements