Advertisement

Author Topic: Relationship Insight You Don't Hear in Modern Day  (Read 113 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
Relationship Insight You Don't Hear in Modern Day
« on: February 22, 2024, 12:09:11 PM »
Watch the video. Very interesting and insightful. So true! This definitely applies to Dok Chompa's thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCK-BwMqqc0&t=302s

"MORE relationship experience is correlated with LESS marital quality/stability"

First of all, relationship experience refers to modern style where unmarried couples are having sex and may/may not cohabitate. I see a lot of this with the younger generation, but the difference with them is that many of them are doing this with their first bf/gf and they are marrying each other. Unlike folks of my generation who are dating modern style, but not ending in marriage and only creating a lot of trauma bonds, emotional anguish, etc.

This may be why people choose to stay in their current relationship despite feeling unhappy. They're familiar with their current partner's flaws and don't want to have  to adjust dealing with a new person's problems.

I'll have to come back and write the key points, but definitely worth the watch.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 03:36:37 PM by Believe_N_Me »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline JonniJacko

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
Re: Relationship Insight You Don't Hear in Modern Day
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 10:57:39 PM »
waiting for the key points. dont wanna watch the video- its only gonna give me anxiety. lol

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
Re: Relationship Insight You Don't Hear in Modern Day
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 09:55:54 AM »
^^^

Don't blame you. It gave me anxiety!

Yeah, I'm still working on writing those key points.

Advertisements