Advertisement

Author Topic: I'm sure this Lawyer felt as paralyzed as Renaissance did on PH  (Read 82 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
I'm sure this Lawyer felt as paralyzed as Renaissance did on PH
« on: February 29, 2024, 10:29:31 PM »
...per the "legit" "ALL CATTLE" PROOF quote below. It was NOT good for that poor girl, Renaissance after following some "bad investment advice" from an idiot...  ;D:

GE stock as of today is $11.69 per share.  Someone is giving bad investment advice 

This millionaire lawyer fell victim to a shoddy financial adviser for 12 years — is now 'paralyzed' at the thought of her husband retiring. How to recover even after you've been burned

Rachel, 51, panics at the thought of her 56-year-old husband, Brian, retiring in the next few years. This is despite the fact they’re both lawyers with an annual combined household income of $270,000 and a total net worth of more than $2.3 million.

Yet, a negative experience with a former financial advisor, in which she lost thousands of dollars, and nearly losing her home when she was younger, has left her in fear of losing her home and her lifestyle.

“Our money psychology shrinks our view to only consider one or two options,” Ramit Sethi explained in an episode of his “I Will Teach You To Be Rich” podcast.

In other words, the problem isn’t always money (or lack thereof), but sorting through our psychological issues that prevent us from living our best life.

By expanding your vision of what’s possible, “you’ll often find creative ways to live a rich life,” he said.

Mortgage fears
Rachel told Sethi that recently she feels frozen, paralyzed and unable to breathe.

“Up until now money has been representative of fun and freedom, but recently Brian has talked about retiring early — within the next year and a half — and that has completely paralyzed me,” she said.

If Brian is no longer working, Rachel is worried they won’t be able to live off her salary and his retirement income.

“The fear of not being able to afford a mortgage just terrifies me, which is actually ridiculous because we have a second home that’s completely paid off,” she added.

While on some level she may know this fear is “ridiculous,” there’s a reason for it. When she was younger, she lost her job, almost lost her house and had to accept work and rent an apartment in another city to make her mortgage payments. The man she was dating at the time was living in her house rent-free and expense-free.

“I know that creates a lot of my fear,” she said.

Read more: Rich young Americans have lost confidence in the stock market — and are betting on these 3 assets instead. Get in now for strong long-term tailwinds

Bad investment
Another formative money experience had to do with a former financial adviser, who told her she should invest in a Roth IRA. When she asked him about his fees, he was dismissive and told her “not to worry about it” because she didn’t have to write him a check.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements