Advertisement

Author Topic: This is what I noticed about unhappy couples...  (Read 519 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
This is what I noticed about unhappy couples...
« on: March 15, 2024, 12:44:43 AM »
...whose been with each other for a long time - if there was a lot of drama, they are more likely to stay in each other's business. They might even opt to stay with each other out of familiarity.

Why is this? Because they've put up with each other's crap for so long and are completely comfortable showing their worst side to each other. At this point, trying to start a new relationship means they have to change and show up for the other person. Also, they will have to adjust to the new person's flaws, which they don't have the energy to do. Therefore, might as well stay with the devil you already know.

Honestly, the only way this cycle ends is if the woman has self-respect and cuts off the man. Otherwise, he'll always use her as a supply for when things aren't going right in his life.

In fact, it's women who don't have self-respect that create the environment for these toxic on and off situationships to exist. Until she has a new man who is serious about her and marries her, she will keep this cycle going with the narcissist.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 01:36:07 AM by Believe_N_Me »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: This is what I noticed about unhappy couples...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024, 01:46:32 AM »
Btw, this is also true for many marriages. A lot of them stay because they don't want to start over and take on someone else's problems.

I was listening in on a conversation between older women and they said that once a man mistreats you, it will only get worse as the relationship continues because now he knows you won't leave. It will be one thing after another. A lot of married Hmong woman stay because they already have children, are settled in, and don't want to start over. Plus, getting remarried will just compound the problems now that children are involved.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 01:52:40 AM by Believe_N_Me »

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2024, 02:39:49 AM »
I don't know about holding onto a relationship out of fear. I prefer to be in a relationship because my partner is my best teammate. I want to be in a relationship because we build together, are planning how to make our dreams come true, and bringing out the best in each other.

Offline JonniJacko

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2024, 08:53:50 PM »
I don't know what makes couples unhappy, but most of the people I knew growing up went from telling me to hurry up, to don't get marry. LOLs

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2024, 09:50:45 PM »
I don't know what makes couples unhappy, but most of the people I knew growing up went from telling me to hurry up, to don't get marry. LOLs

Aaahhhh...they're just making you their permanent babysitter.  ::) j/k

Offline JonniJacko

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2024, 12:26:08 AM »
Aaahhhh...they're just making you their permanent babysitter.  ::) j/k

haha good point actually.

Advertisements