Advertisement

Author Topic: It's the 1st convenient store I've seen w/ shopping carts so bringing a duck in  (Read 38 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...could draw attention  ???:

Man banned ‘for life’ from all Buc-ee’s locations after bringing ‘service duck’ inside world’s largest store

The viral video, which was posted on the Wrinkle’s “SeDucktive” social media accounts, showed Justin Wood and his duck strolling around the Sevierville location.

In the video, an employee quickly walks up to the pair and tells them that pets are not allowed inside the store. Wood explains that Wrinkle is his service animal and shows the worker three forms of service animal certification. The employee allows them to stay in the store, where they are filmed interacting with other customers and looking at merchandise.

Minutes later, another employee walks up to Wrinkle and Wood and tells them the animal cannot be in the store.

“We are just shopping and experiencing the world’s largest Buc-ees,” Wood told the employee.

“You’re more than welcome to stay here but the animal cannot,” the worker said. “There’s no pets in here. Your animal — even if it’s considered a service animal — you have to be able to contain it and it can fly out. The animal just can’t be in here.”

The employee explained that service animals must be restrained or leashed and said that she was going to call the police after Wood mimed putting on a leash on Wrinkle.

At the end of the video, a police officer stops Wood as he is leaving and gives him a citation warning him against trespassing on any Buc-ee’s property.

“They’re requesting you be banned from the store,” the officer told Wood. “If you are caught on property and everything, you’ll be charged with trespassing.”

Buc-ee’s pet policy states the following:

“The Health Code prohibits live animals, including dogs, where food could potentially be contaminated. There are exceptions, however, for service animals and animals that work with police officers. For people with disabilities, specially trained service animals play an absolutely vital role. They make it possible for those with disabilities to work, travel, stay safe, and, in some cases, stay alive. By false claiming that your pet is a service animal, you are poisoning attitudes towards true service animals. In addition, if you enter a facility where an actual service animal is working, your untrained animal may jeopardize the safety of the service animal and its handler.”

Took these photos when I was at one:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
I'm gonna bring my service animal 'an elephant' to fly with me to Laos  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

I do believe that these service animal should be leashed... Some of these animal can not be trained.

Like this post: 0
- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Advertisements