Advertisement

Author Topic: 'No-Men'..'No-Women' Rule, all good as it's not a requirement in life that one  (Read 81 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...has to be in a relationship:

Law Student, 28, Sets a No-Men Rule for Herself After 'Miserable' Dating Experience: 'Never Been Happier'

"I genuinely think I look at life differently," Carly Galluzzo said of her decision to swear off relationships

One graduate student has officially said goodbye to the dating scene.

Carly Galluzzo, a law student from Long Island, New York, has cut out relationships from her life after 16 years of disastrous dating that left her mental health and self-worth affected.

"I think I was dating because all of my friends have been pairing up for so long, and that was driving me to find a partner. But I don't think that was a good motivation," she told SWNS. "I felt that I had to keep dating."

"It didn't matter whether the men were good or not. At the end of the day, my outlook on it was also not good," continued Galluzzo, 28. "It was just something that I feared that if I didn't pursue something straight away, I'd miss out on something."

According to Galluzzo, she began to realize that everything in her life revolved around her quest to find a relationship.

"The only conversations I'd have with college girlfriends were about boyfriends and finding a partner," she told SWNS.

The student also told the outlet that she discovered her "journey with materialism" went hand in hand with her dating life, explaining, "The quickest way to money is dating a wealthy guy, which, of course, can be amazing, but I know what's important now — real happiness and not just these monetary things."

"My ex-boyfriend was very wealthy and took me to a lot of great places and that validation from my peers felt good. But I can say now I've lived that life crying my eyes out on a yacht in the South of France," she continued. "I was so miserable and I was willing to give up my happiness for that."

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline JonniJacko

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
it's pretty much low key prostitution these days with some people.  :2funny:

Like this post: +1

Advertisements