Advertisement

Author Topic: Avoidants thrive in a Friends With Benefits Situationship  (Read 104 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
Avoidants thrive in a Friends With Benefits Situationship
« on: April 03, 2024, 12:59:18 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yezIyGPJXlc&t=803s

If you decide that an avoidant is your person and you want to stick with them, just know that they can discard you at any given time depending on what triggers them because they have an attachment disorder. The trigger can be as small as expecting them contribute around the house. Basically, anything that can appear as a means to control them or pushing them into a romantically committed relationship.

You really have to be okay being in a friends with benefits situationship in order to keep them coming back around because the avoidant will be in and out a lot. Sometimes it will appear as though they're in a romantic relationship with you, but mostly they will behave like it's casual because they have a severe need to feel in control of their independence. Don't be surprised if they frequently share stories about the other women they've been with because they mostly view you as a friend whom they can get a female perspective from. It's also a strategy that blocks romantic feelings from developing.

After awhile, they will often withhold sex because this creates distance and sets low expectations so that you won't get the impression the relationship is serious or growing deeper. You'll even notice that once you've moved on to having your own life - even dating someone else - they will start to feel sexual desire towards you because you have to remember they feel safer when you're unavailable to them. Plus, if they are able to get with you, they feel validated as though you chose them over your other suitors. Avoidants have issues with self-worth, and crave to be desired but have a great fear of rejection at the same time. This was caused by childhood trauma where their primary caregiver neglected them OR their first experience with a romantic partner was really abusive. They developed a fear of intimacy and concluded that they can't trust anybody.

You might even notice that they have a lot of really close connections with married women, and female colleagues. (This can apply to avoidant women but according to therapists, avoidants are typically men). This is because they are engaging in emotional affairs for stimulation with unavailable people. You have to remember that avoidant men are masters at being charismatic and appearing like the perfect partner. They're really good listeners so women going through rough situationships/relationships find them to be healing. Avoidant men are highly likely to cheat because an affair is stimulating while the secrecy of it means they don't have to hold any accountability . The married women/female colleague can't call him out because he'll always use her situation as the reason why he can't put forth more effort.

So again, a friend with benefits situationship is best for an avoidant and for YOU because as a friend, you might not feel as rejected or hurt by the avoidant's behavior pattern. As only a friend, you probably have an entirely independent life apart from him. You won't take his actions so personally because you won't expect him to meet the expectations of a fully committed romantic partner. You'll have a friend in him first, and that's why he stays with you for the long haul. At the end of the day, the avoidant still has needs and desires to have a ride or die partner. Someone he can come home to, depend on for resources, help him with the mundane things in daily life, etc. But he just doesn't want to be married, romantically tied or be in an obligatory commitment to that partner.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 05:18:40 PM by Believe_N_Me »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Avoidants thrive in a Friends With Benefits Situationship
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 03:18:31 PM »
Just want to put a disclaimer that these posts about avoidants are not about the average person who may be guarded when it comes to relationships and in fact, don't really get into one. This is about people who are clinically termed as having an avoidant attachment disorder and their behavior pattern when they are in a relationship.

Did you know that the majority of the population either has avoidant or anxious attachment style when it comes to relationships? But until they are diagnosed as having the disorder, it doesn't mean that they have it. Also, we all have narcissistic traits, some are stronger than others, but that doesn't mean that we're narcissists either. Again, a person would have to be clinically diagnosed as one.

These videos are meant to help those who have experienced or are coming out of traumatic situationships (or even a marriage). It is to help them understand that the breakup may not have been personal at all, and that they were dealing with someone who has an attachment disorder (or maybe was actually a narcissist). 

« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 03:23:24 PM by Believe_N_Me »

Offline JonniJacko

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2024, 11:04:57 PM »
maybe avoidants is a heredity thing. I went fishing with a bunch of old married cousins, distant brother n laws, and as soon as we get to the river, they whipped out their secret phone and start calling away to young girls overseas. I took out my phone and pretended to be talking to someone once they asked me if I was going to call anyone too. :2funny:

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2024, 01:04:33 PM »
maybe avoidants is a heredity thing. I went fishing with a bunch of old married cousins, distant brother n laws, and as soon as we get to the river, they whipped out their secret phone and start calling away to young girls overseas. I took out my phone and pretended to be talking to someone once they asked me if I was going to call anyone too. :2funny:

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

I remember the time jammed said that he didn't believe all the PH singles who were complaining about how they couldn't find anybody because even married people were getting some. Then Mrs. Vang said that "tus piav tes xwb los tseem mus ua el cheater lawm thiab." Okay, she didn't use the term "el cheater" since that is a relatively new term coined by Nancy Yang, but you get the gist. lol

If those conjoined twins can find a man to marry then so can you!

Offline JonniJacko

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2024, 05:19:49 PM »
Lols right. even deaf people knows how to take advantage of their uniqueness..lo l

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2024, 11:04:49 AM »
A conjoined twin just got married.

Advertisements