Advertisement

Author Topic: Why you don't need to forgive in order to heal and move on with life  (Read 71 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZXGjyF4M4w&list=PLTi6COY1KUltCjjYLxsSUqYwJvsiNoZcP&index=123&t=322s

A lot of people make the recommendation that you need to forgive those who hurt you in order to heal, but according to Dr. Ramani, "no, you don't."

I heavily agree with her, especially if you've given someone another chance (or in some cases, many chances) after the first time they betrayed you. With some actions, it is not up to you (the victim) to forgive them but the divine (God) to be merciful on the offender. Those who repeatedly offend after they've been given a chance to do right will pay the consequences through karma.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 04:20:16 PM by Believe_N_Me »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline JonniJacko

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
Re: Why you don't need to forgive in order to heal and move on with life
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2024, 07:43:04 PM »
yeah I know right? if you can't forget, than you can't forgive. or is it forgive but don't forget? I guess it's a personal preference.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
Re: Why you don't need to forgive in order to heal and move on with life
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2024, 11:32:16 AM »
yeah I know right? if you can't forget, than you can't forgive. or is it forgive but don't forget? I guess it's a personal preference.

There are some cases where you can't forget nor forgive.

I once knew someone who made me feel a type of way. I still liked them but the thought of getting together with them or even talking to them made me feel dread.  ;D Actually, there have been two people who made me feel that way. One was a woman who was like a frenemy. We instantly hit it off, and always had an amazing time hanging out. We also felt really comfortable getting real with each other about all sorts of topics. But something in me said that I really couldn't trust her. She definitely had a shady side to her. One day in conversation, something slipped from her lips (and it was such a small thing but I picked up on it), that she was definitely capable of blindsiding me. So I just started pulling away my energy. The other person was a suitor. Amazing chemistry, amazing when we spent time together, amazing everything! But something was off. Then one day he said something that again, very small, but I picked up on it. Turned out that my intuition was spot on.

I have very strong intuition about people and I'd say 99.999999999% of the time I'm correct. It's not like I'm trying to look for these things. I can't help that my strong intuition picks it up. I've had people start being careful about what they say because I can pick up any slight of shadiness - NOT THAT I BRING IT UP OR ANYTHING, BUT THEY FEEL GUILTY, THEMSELVES.

If a person is sincere, genuine, and authentic, then they have nothing to worry about. I'm actually a very forgiving and understanding person to a fault. I understand the human condition. And that's why I have some very loyal friends because they know that I'm loyal to them.

Advertisements