Advertisement

Author Topic: Cheating: Avoidant vs. Narcissist  (Read 126 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
Cheating: Avoidant vs. Narcissist
« on: April 15, 2024, 09:49:37 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWb6gg57i7g&list=PLTi6COY1KUltvVzi4Q2aUA8rnGn2wTjyP&index=30

Which do you find worse? Both are pretty terrible and it isn't surprising that both carry crossover traits.

Personally, I find the severe avoidant worse because you never find out until it's too late. Narcissists are typically easy to spot and only really broken, insecure people ignore the red flags. On the contrary, severe avoidants are masters at appearing like secure attachment individuals. And remember that avoidants only discard when the relationship is going great, whereas narcs are narcs through and through.

So for me, it's worse to be discarded, cheated on, ghosted, and have the rug pulled from underneath me just as things are going great vs. a narc cheating during a rocky relationship anyways. Plus, avoidants don't always physically cheat. A lot of it is emotional cheating so they will gaslight you to make you think you're insecure and jealous. I know a severely avoidant guy who was always cheating, whether he was cheating while in a relationship, or cheating with others while he was single. He'd cheat with single, divorced, widowed, and even married women - claiming that he was just there to listen to their problems.  ::) But he often went further than just listen to their problems. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline JonniJacko

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
Re: Cheating: Avoidant vs. Narcissist
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 08:45:12 AM »
Damn it, Chuck Norris blew my cover as to why I never have anything lasting more than 3 months.  ;D

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
Re: Cheating: Avoidant vs. Narcissist
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 01:49:12 PM »
Chuck Norris?

Offline JonniJacko

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +46