Advertisement

Author Topic: If you give someone unconditional love and they don't want it...  (Read 215 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +459
    • View Profile
...honor their wish and let them go.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Online JonniJacko

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
Re: If you give someone unconditional love and they don't want it...
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2024, 04:37:27 PM »
What if they want it but can't accept it..lols

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2024, 11:11:30 AM »
It doesn't matter. You must move on. What's yours will be yours. What's not yours, will never be yours.

Online JonniJacko

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 08:39:39 AM »
It doesn't matter. You must move on. What's yours will be yours. What's not yours, will never be yours.

That's like saying, drive without your hands on the steering wheel and hope you don't crash. Lol jk

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2024, 10:17:12 AM »
What I'm trying to say is that some people are in no position to even be in a relationship. That means they shouldn't even be trying to meet or talk to people. They'll only create more emotional conflict within themselves and for the other person.

But for those who are in a position, meaning state of mind (because that's the most important), there will never be a perfect time. How your interactions are carried out will depend on the logistics of things. For example, if you're long distance, you won't be in the same physical space a lot but you could compensate by talking more on the phone.

However, if you're blessed to meet someone who loves you and will make the effort, why give that up? If you truly believe that you can't accept then you probably shouldn't have been open to meeting people to begin with. Trust me, this will be that one person who got away.

But I'm also someone who believes that God has something to do with who you get with. Sometimes the person whom you're only remotely interested in is very available to you. But the person who you really want to be with and loves you back, there seems to be all sorts of obstacles that you can't seem to overcome. Yep, that's the universe redirecting you.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2024, 11:15:43 PM »
Ever had that Little Mermaid moment?

You were taking steps to make huge sacrifices only to have that other person go with another option. That's exactly what Prince Eric did to Ariel and he stopped remembering her. He didn't know that she gave up her voice and her happy life to take a chance with him. In the Hans Christian version, she traded her life and died in the end because he didn't choose her.

I don't like to let others know about the sacrifices that I'm making. If you really love them then you don't bring it up, otherwise now it's just manipulation to guilt-trip them. I don't want them to feel pressure or that they owe me, and then feel resentful because they'll say that they never asked me. You make the sacrifice because you want to for that other person. You have to feel that they're worth it. If it doesn't work out then only you know what you gave up. Ariel never told the prince about her sacrifice and the deal she made with the sea witch.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 10:47:53 AM by Believe_N_Me »

Online JonniJacko

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2024, 08:26:58 AM »
What I'm trying to say is that some people are in no position to even be in a relationship. That means they shouldn't even be trying to meet or talk to people. They'll only create more emotional conflict within themselves and for the other person.

But for those who are in a position, meaning state of mind (because that's the most important), there will never be a perfect time. How your interactions are carried out will depend on the logistics of things. For example, if you're long distance, you won't be in the same physical space a lot but you could compensate by talking more on the phone.

However, if you're blessed to meet someone who loves you and will make the effort, why give that up? If you truly believe that you can't accept then you probably shouldn't have been open to meeting people to begin with. Trust me, this will be that one person who got away.

But I'm also someone who believes that God has something to do with who you get with. Sometimes the person whom you're only remotely interested in is very available to you. But the person who you really want to be with and loves you back, there seems to be all sorts of obstacles that you can't seem to overcome. Yep, that's the universe redirecting you.

Help me understand, your most basic writing is even too advance for my brain to process. lol

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2024, 10:54:31 AM »
I'm saying that real love involves making a sacrifice. However, if you keep telling that person about the sacrifice(s) you made for them then it's not real love. You are just manipulating them to feel guilty so that they'll stay with you. Even if they stay, they don't love you back and you'll feel their resentment.

Ariel gave up her voice and her happy life for Prince Eric without telling him. He didn't choose her so she died. He gonna find out soon that he got the sea witch instead!

Online JonniJacko

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2024, 08:05:33 PM »
I'm saying that real love involves making a sacrifice. However, if you keep telling that person about the sacrifice(s) you made for them then it's not real love. You are just manipulating them to feel guilty so that they'll stay with you. Even if they stay, they don't love you back and you'll feel their resentment.

Ariel gave up her voice and her happy life for Prince Eric without telling him. He didn't choose her so she died. He gonna find out soon that he got the sea witch instead!

I see. Which mermaid movie is this. The last one I remember watching i thought they ended up soaring the sky on a magic carpet.  Okay, j.k. I will need to watch it again. I just remember Ariel using a fork as a comb. That was only bc the 3rd grade teacher made us watch it and had a kick when the boys get teary eyed. I didn't fall for her trap though. Often got sent to detention on movie days. Lol

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2024, 11:07:22 AM »
In the Disney version they get each other but in the real little mermaid story by Hans Christian Anderson, she dies at the end.

The prince had a clear shot and didn't take it.

Online JonniJacko

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2024, 01:25:46 PM »
In the Disney version they get each other but in the real little mermaid story by Hans Christian Anderson, she dies at the end.

The prince had a clear shot and didn't take it.

I see, I see it so clearly now

Advertisements