Advertisement

Author Topic: What Car Do You Own? (Make Into Sticky?)  (Read 87818 times)

_jerkLo_

Re: What Car Do You Own? (Make Into Sticky?)
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2009, 09:39:17 PM »

Dang, you got the blox 2 cams?  How do they sound?  I like to keep the stock sounding cams.  I might just get the skunk2 stage 1 street becuase, I dont want my car to be sounding like open headers, I dont really like that sound.  I like it smooth like stock.  Plus! No valvetrain upgrade!  But dang do they all cost the same.  I guess it all boils down to if you like hearing alot of loud noises or not.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

_jerkLo_

« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2009, 09:40:47 PM »
2001 S2K
daily driven, mods include- alpine in-dash dvd player, custom mugen hardtop, vortech supercharger, 18" volk 3pc wheels, seibon carbon fiber hood, seibon carbon front bumper, veilside sideskirt and rear bumper, comptech full cat exhaust, dc sport heder, new comp stage 2 clutch, fidanza alumn flywheel, pia hulbs, sparco racing seats
delphi boost controller gauge.

Nice setup but I dont think your body is making your car look nice.  I think cars look best when they are low and kissing the ground.  Maybe no body kit with just lip spoilers.

_jerkLo_

« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2009, 09:44:24 PM »
these are what i have in it now, and that's untuned also. should be mroe powerful with a good tune.

Motor
•   B18C1
•   ITR Valve Cover
•   AEM Intake
•   Samco Hoses
•   Koyo Radiator
•   DC Headers
•   Blox Stage 2 Cams
•   Blox Dual Valve Springs
•   Blox Titanium Retainers
•   Blox Intake Manifold
•   Ported Match Throttle Body
•   ITR Strut Bar
•   JG Cam Gears
•   Toda Timing Belt
•   MSD Plug Wires
•   Spoon VTEC Controller
•   Greddy 2.5” Exhaust
•   Mugen Chipped P28
•   Odyssey Battery
•   Skunk2 Battery Tie Down

Transmission
•   GSR Transmission
•   ACT Street/Strip Clutch
•   ACT Flywheel

aw man just 173 whp?  I'm surprised, with all those mods you should be like at 190, I seen less with more hp.  Oh wells, I guess every engine's different.  I was thinking more in the 190+ whp but oh wells!

KwmLeej

« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2009, 03:57:39 PM »

aw man just 173 whp?  I'm surprised, with all those mods you should be like at 190, I seen less with more hp.  Oh wells, I guess every engine's different.  I was thinking more in the 190+ whp but oh wells!

It should be up there after a tune. car was originally from Cali so iono who built it.

_jerkLo_

« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2009, 04:29:44 PM »
Don't tell me you bought it like that?

Buying a built car is ok I guess but I personally wouldn't do it.  Never know what it's been through and why they're selling it.  I dont know what stock gsr baseline dyno at but aren't blox suppose to give you about 14 with the cams and the IM?  That's at the wheels I believe.  But like I said, every car's different.  But at least 7  with just cams alone. If they dyno at but

read on!

http://www.importtuner.com/powerpages/0407it_1998_acura_integra_gs_r/index.html

Their base is 159whp,(every car is different but pretty much gives you a good idea of what baseline is) and with just basic bold on they get up to 167 at the wheels.  Thats only like 6 hp less than yours with no tune.  So there's something wrong with your engine I'm thinking.  

You got cam gears?  Have you adjusted them or messed with them yet?  Try +2   and -3.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 04:31:33 PM by _jerkLo_ »

KwmLeej

« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2009, 07:15:07 PM »
yup, bought it like that.

it's running fine. i know it needs a tune cuz the graph shows a lag near vtec and i can feel it driving too. but after hondata or chrome, it should fix the lag and help the power band.

_jerkLo_

« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2009, 07:58:01 PM »
If you do tune it, I recommend taking out the vtec controller and let it go back to stock vtec point, whats it set at anyways?  Where it's at is probably why there's a lag.  There's lag becuase you threw away all your torque and it feels like lag.    You know if you set your vtec low what'll happen?  Especially with an IM and cams?  YOu kill all your low and midrange torque and that's probably why you feel a "lag".  Yeah you hit vtec early but it doesnt make alot of power untill way high up in small displacement cars anyways,  so you get that lag you get when you hit vtec is becuase vtec is set low and it's hitting vtec early, in that early stage it's really doing nothing except eating alot more air and sounding really loud untill it gets to the higher rpm's where it makes it's power.  You basically threw away your low end and midrange torque.  Stock gsr tranny and engine will keep it in vtec I believe(it does in my car anyways).  I recommend taking it out and going back to stock, but that's just my opinion.

Or if you don't!  At least make sure that intake is CAI, it'll get you back some low and midrange!  but if it's SRI, oh wells!  You'll have lag all day and all night!

Go +2intake and -3exhuast!  Try it and tell me how it runs!  I can't experiment on my car yet becuase I probably aint gonna get cams and camshaft.  If nothing good comes out of it just set it back to what you did. 

I saw a s2000 set at +10 on both intake and exhuast, that's just weird.  I guess he was all about top end and no torque.

IamYeXi

« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2009, 02:12:30 AM »
Nothing special just suspension set up and a nismo 1.5way lsd with nismo 4.3 FD gearing.

one of the slowest 240sx I own but as a back up track car  :police: it gets the job done.

more pictures at :

http://gotbluemilk.com/web090213/51/index.html
http://gotbluemilk.com/web090621/17/index.html

And here's my track car which is out this season due to motor issue.

http://www.youtube.com/v/G8c3lwF1JWs&hl=en&fs=1&

« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 05:05:59 PM by IamYeXi »

panda

« Reply #113 on: June 21, 2009, 10:50:33 AM »
Don't tell me you bought it like that?

Buying a built car is ok I guess but I personally wouldn't do it.  Never know what it's been through and why they're selling it.  I dont know what stock gsr baseline dyno at but aren't blox suppose to give you about 14 with the cams and the IM?  That's at the wheels I believe.  But like I said, every car's different.  But at least 7  with just cams alone. If they dyno at but

read on!

http://www.importtuner.com/powerpages/0407it_1998_acura_integra_gs_r/index.html

Their base is 159whp,(every car is different but pretty much gives you a good idea of what baseline is) and with just basic bold on they get up to 167 at the wheels.  Thats only like 6 hp less than yours with no tune.  So there's something wrong with your engine I'm thinking. 

You got cam gears?  Have you adjusted them or messed with them yet?  Try +2   and -3.
If you do tune it, I recommend taking out the vtec controller and let it go back to stock vtec point, whats it set at anyways?  Where it's at is probably why there's a lag.  There's lag becuase you threw away all your torque and it feels like lag.    You know if you set your vtec low what'll happen?  Especially with an IM and cams?  YOu kill all your low and midrange torque and that's probably why you feel a "lag".  Yeah you hit vtec early but it doesnt make alot of power untill way high up in small displacement cars anyways,  so you get that lag you get when you hit vtec is becuase vtec is set low and it's hitting vtec early, in that early stage it's really doing nothing except eating alot more air and sounding really loud untill it gets to the higher rpm's where it makes it's power.  You basically threw away your low end and midrange torque.  Stock gsr tranny and engine will keep it in vtec I believe(it does in my car anyways).  I recommend taking it out and going back to stock, but that's just my opinion.

Or if you don't!  At least make sure that intake is CAI, it'll get you back some low and midrange!  but if it's SRI, oh wells!  You'll have lag all day and all night!

Go +2intake and -3exhuast!  Try it and tell me how it runs!  I can't experiment on my car yet becuase I probably aint gonna get cams and camshaft.  If nothing good comes out of it just set it back to what you did. 

I saw a s2000 set at +10 on both intake and exhuast, that's just weird.  I guess he was all about top end and no torque.
bwahahahahaha

« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 10:52:23 AM by panda »

KwmLeej

« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2009, 05:14:21 PM »

i'll take the vtec controller out when i tune it. but my vtec is set at 5700 range. i dont know why people set their vtec controller any sooner than 5000rpm. but i'm too lazy rite now to mess with it and gotta get ready for j4 so i'll mess with it after that. but i'll try tweeking the cams and see what happens.

Finest

« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2009, 07:15:55 PM »
bwahahahahaha

Everything he's saying is true.  Master Honda tech right there.   8)

Offline yajster358

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2009, 04:22:54 PM »

Make/Model/Year: 2006 Honda Ridgeline RT

Engine Mods: Stock

Exterior: Stock

Interior: Stock

Suspension: Skyjacker 2" lift kit

Future Plans: 30" A/T tire

wizzards581

« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2009, 01:10:06 AM »
these are what i have in it now, and that's untuned also. should be mroe powerful with a good tune.

Motor
•   B18C1
•   ITR Valve Cover
•   AEM Intake
•   Samco Hoses
•   Koyo Radiator
•   DC Headers
•   Blox Stage 2 Cams
•   Blox Dual Valve Springs
•   Blox Titanium Retainers
•   Blox Intake Manifold
•   Ported Match Throttle Body
•   ITR Strut Bar
•   JG Cam Gears
•   Toda Timing Belt
•   MSD Plug Wires
•   Spoon VTEC Controller
•   Greddy 2.5” Exhaust
•   Mugen Chipped P28
•   Odyssey Battery
•   Skunk2 Battery Tie Down

Transmission
•   GSR Transmission
•   ACT Street/Strip Clutch
•   ACT Flywheel

wow.i use to have a 93 si w/ jdm gsr swap. dynoed.
stock motor, comptech ice box, jdm itr header, greddy sp catback, test pipe. jdm p72, 91 octane. 161whp and 129ftlbs...

f.u.too

« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2009, 06:31:07 PM »
Looks like someone wants to go and jack some car.
lol
maybe you guys need to put address on there as well.
while your at it just leave you door unlock and leave the key inside the ingition.

Finest

« Reply #119 on: August 03, 2009, 10:17:17 PM »
1211 West Ohio Avenue.

Come get it bishes.

Advertisements