Advertisement

Author Topic: What Car Do You Own? (Make Into Sticky?)  (Read 87747 times)

michaelvang85

Re: What Car Do You Own? (Make Into Sticky?)
« Reply #195 on: July 13, 2012, 06:27:58 PM »
I've only had it a week, and only has 200 miles on it so far (I only live 5 miles from work). So I can't really have a good deduction on how it really is.  It isn't fully broken in yet, so I've yet to push the car hard at all, but at the lower end of the spectrum it's pretty firm and responsive. A little bit of roll but still feels confident diving in and out of turns.

I'd say it's a more practical s2000 without vtec. It's not the 2nd coming of jesus or anything, but I think it'd be a great and affordable platform for the poor enthusiast. I've never been much of a racer or extremist, but my buddy who does auto-x thinks it's pretty solid for a stock car. Pretty close to where his track corolla is currently at in terms of cornering.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

E92M3

« Reply #196 on: July 13, 2012, 09:23:05 PM »

Got a pretty solid deal. 2013 Scion FR-S.

That looks real sharp.  From what I hear and read, it's not a bad performer and tracks pretty well

CheechnChong

« Reply #197 on: July 14, 2012, 10:37:07 AM »
Congrats Michaelvang85, I've been a huge fan of the AE86 and especially the Toyota & Subaru partnership. This car is a out of the box FUN car at so many levels and forms. I can't wait to get my hands on one just to experience it for myself. How did you decide between the FRS vs BRZ? Great choice pal!

michaelvang85

« Reply #198 on: July 15, 2012, 07:04:12 PM »
I went with the FRS over the BRZ simply due to price. I'm coming from a hand me down 4runner, so anything at least modern is a big improvement in terms of the interior. I can live without the goodies that the brz has over the FRS (HID, Navi, etc). I also think the Toyota/Scion bumper flows better with the body lines.
Plus, I got the $1000 college graduate rebate from Toyota Financial Services plus I didn't have to haggle down a severely marked up BRZ. Believe it or not, the local Subbie dealership here sold a Premium BRZ for 34k. (MSRP is around 28k). So, I figured I'd save myself some major cash and go with the FRS instead.

CheechnChong

« Reply #199 on: July 15, 2012, 07:25:09 PM »
Awesome, I didn't know about the price difference between the two manu. So far the only thing I've found that were mechanically different performance wise were the springs. I'm sure there's others but that's what I've heard so far. Keep me posted I'd be interested in hearing more about your car as time goes. Thanks!

sha-kie

« Reply #200 on: December 06, 2012, 02:10:29 PM »
me and my car having a little fun...

funnieguy

« Reply #201 on: March 30, 2013, 10:28:02 PM »
I guess I should post in this thread... I thought I was here but apparently not lol.

'03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8
     -3" exhaust
     -HKS 264/264 cams
     -05 turbo w/10.5 hot side.... blew old 9.8 @ 100k miles
     -Injen intercooler piping/intake
     -Some 3" front mount intercooler I bought from a DSM guy... don't know brand
     -Manual Boost Controller
     -I'm sure there's some other things too but I forget...

'07 Lexus IS250 AWD
     -stock  - Wife's daily driver so no playing around with it... maybe a set of rims in the future?

'98 Honda Accord EX - 4 cyl
     -stock  - I used to daily drive this but step-son needed a car for work and he too lazy to buy a car... :(

'91 Nissan 300ZX - N/A
     -not sure what's on there but stepson-in-law gave it to me now 'cause he's too lazy to come back and fix it

'92 Acura NSX
     -stock with some minor appearance upgrades
     -It's in need of some TLC. I picked it up cheap cause of the mileage. Little things to fix on it though like some...
        weatherstrippi ng needs replacing, gas struts for trunk too weak to hold it up, SSR Proffesor rims have a little
        curb rash on them, paint definitely needs a respray, clear coat fading on trim pieces, carpeting has really bad
        stains on it... will probably replace it, leather seats worn... gonna have to re-upholster it, little bit of water in the
        tail lights after wash... will have to fix that, what else is there lol.... it's an old car. BUT... a little bit of work and
        this car can be a SWEET LOOKING car to cruise around in on the weekends.

I need a truck or a van lol...

MilesDaddy

« Reply #202 on: April 04, 2013, 04:11:49 PM »
I guess I should post in this thread... I thought I was here but apparently not lol.

'03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8
     -3" exhaust
     -HKS 264/264 cams
     -05 turbo w/10.5 hot side.... blew old 9.8 @ 100k miles
     -Injen intercooler piping/intake
     -Some 3" front mount intercooler I bought from a DSM guy... don't know brand
     -Manual Boost Controller
     -I'm sure there's some other things too but I forget...

'07 Lexus IS250 AWD
     -stock  - Wife's daily driver so no playing around with it... maybe a set of rims in the future?

'98 Honda Accord EX - 4 cyl
     -stock  - I used to daily drive this but step-son needed a car for work and he too lazy to buy a car... :(

'91 Nissan 300ZX - N/A
     -not sure what's on there but stepson-in-law gave it to me now 'cause he's too lazy to come back and fix it

'92 Acura NSX
     -stock with some minor appearance upgrades
     -It's in need of some TLC. I picked it up cheap cause of the mileage. Little things to fix on it though like some...
        weatherstrippi ng needs replacing, gas struts for trunk too weak to hold it up, SSR Proffesor rims have a little
        curb rash on them, paint definitely needs a respray, clear coat fading on trim pieces, carpeting has really bad
        stains on it... will probably replace it, leather seats worn... gonna have to re-upholster it, little bit of water in the
        tail lights after wash... will have to fix that, what else is there lol.... it's an old car. BUT... a little bit of work and
        this car can be a SWEET LOOKING car to cruise around in on the weekends.

I need a truck or a van lol...
no pic no care......IMO sell your accord and the Z for a truck

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 04, 2013, 04:49:54 PM »
no pic no care......IMO sell your accord and the Z for a truck

I think the Z is dead, but correct me if I'm wrong.  Thought there was a thread a while back about it.  2+2 Z or something.

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

funnieguy

« Reply #204 on: April 09, 2013, 01:25:03 AM »
I think the Z is dead, but correct me if I'm wrong.  Thought there was a thread a while back about it.  2+2 Z or something.

Yeah the Z is dead. I'm hoping to get some time this weekend to drag it out of the garage so I can put my NSX in there instead. I want to take the Z to my step-son's house and just park it in his driveway with a cover over it. The NSX is taking a beating due to the rain right now... :(. I'll wait for a warmer, sunny day before taking some pics of the cars. I think some half-ass cellphone pics of my cars wouldn't be doing them any justice, especially now with countless days of rain.

Hitokiri

« Reply #205 on: April 09, 2013, 09:14:41 PM »
Here's my G20.  Nothing special, other than it gets me from point A to point B.

Well it does have a SR20 under the hood so you do get some props.  O0

funnieguy

« Reply #206 on: September 01, 2013, 12:08:27 AM »
Yeah the Z is dead. I'm hoping to get some time this weekend to drag it out of the garage so I can put my NSX in there instead. I want to take the Z to my step-son's house and just park it in his driveway with a cover over it. The NSX is taking a beating due to the rain right now... :(. I'll wait for a warmer, sunny day before taking some pics of the cars. I think some half-ass cellphone pics of my cars wouldn't be doing them any justice, especially now with countless days of rain.

I did take a few pics but here's the best I guess...

I have been making changes to it while fixing up things. Have to address other things as well.

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
  • Handsome Man's Club Applicant
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 11, 2013, 01:18:28 PM »
Cool!  O0

SE7EN

« Reply #208 on: November 03, 2013, 11:25:11 PM »
Located: cali
Red 1986 Corolla GTS Hatch - Trueno front. Clean Tittle Completely stock with zero rust! been owning it for about six month now. loving it. pay 3k for it. more pictures of it at asianmemo.com (hmongfacebook) you can follow my build there.

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
  • Handsome Man's Club Applicant
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 11, 2013, 12:59:30 PM »
I recently enthusiasted myself to buy an 08 TL-S with 6MT.  Miles were a little high at 89k miles, but I got a good deal on it based on its not perfect condition.  looked high and low for a 6 MT.  Love it so far.  8)   

Advertisements