Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590166 times)

bumzc

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2008, 02:12:57 PM »
Yes its pretty freaky but mines is worst....not telling cause i get chills just thinking about it.

yours are you just scaring yourself LMAO

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

mud

« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2008, 09:26:00 AM »
My brother had a new born girl.  After three days "lawv huplig".  I walked into the kitchen.  The women were working.  I turned to my my brother's bedroom door.  I saw a young lady; tall and beautiful. She looked similar to my sister in-law but younger.  I was so sure I have seen all her sisters but then again I probably had not.  I wondered why she just stood there and not helping with the ladies.  Anyways, not my concerns.

Six months later, my sister in-law came visit; also she invited her older sister.  The moment I saw her older sister, the memory of seeing a young lady at the "huplig" came to mine.  They looked almost the same; only the young lady I saw earlier was a bit younger.  I knew then I have seen something I should not have.  Quietly I kept it to myself.

A week later, I was bbq with my brother.  I must had one to many drinks.  I asked him how many sisters his wife has.  He said one.  I said, "I do not know your wife's family but I bet you anything that she has two sisters.  And one passed away."  He disagreed.  We went inside and asked my sister in-law.  She said her younger sister passed away.

Strange huh!

« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 09:56:06 AM by mud »

mud

« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2008, 10:44:00 AM »
I was single and bought my first house.  It was an older 3 bedroom house with an unfinished basement. At the time I used to write ghost/love stories as a hobby.  Living in the house, I could feel a single spirit; especially when I'm in the basement.  I could feel the hair on the back of my neck telling me suff.  Since I was so into ghost stories, and mostly being me, that kind of stuff didn't bother me much.

One night, I started writing late and only finished a few pages.  It was 11 PM; late on Tuesday night.  I had to get up early tomorrow morning for work. I turned off the lights and went to bed.  Few hours later I woke up.  I felt like someone was watching me.  It didn't feel right.  I opened my eyes and looked around.  It was a dark, quiet and cold october night.  Only enough light from the streets lights to touch the room.   As I rolled my eyes toward the end of the bed, I saw a man in a marine uniform standing in the shadow.  He was staring at me as I was looking at him.  No conversations exchanged.  Didn't know why he let me see him; didn't care.  I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

Many mornings later, I figured the house was initially his; and it was/is.  He probably came up to say hi to me in person.  It's sad to be an undying ghost within your own home.

I had one too many unwanted encounters with spirits.  Since I usually stay alone, my mom encourages me to stop writing.  It's nothing to be weird about but when I am so deep into my writings.  If I close my eyes, I can feel them; losing myself among the characters. 

I continue to feel a spiritual presence around me when I am alone.  I hope it's not my sole-mate; yeah that would be sad.

Since then, I moved out of that house.  Bought a new one, stopped writing and got myself a few dogs for companions.  Other than my bad hang-overs, now I am able to sleep through the nights.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 10:51:54 AM by mud »

Swordplay

« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2008, 06:09:15 PM »
I was single and bought my first house.  It was an older 3 bedroom house with an unfinished basement. At the time I used to write ghost/love stories as a hobby.  Living in the house, I could feel a single spirit; especially when I'm in the basement.  I could feel the hair on the back of my neck telling me suff.  Since I was so into ghost stories, and mostly being me, that kind of stuff didn't bother me much.

One night, I started writing late and only finished a few pages.  It was 11 PM; late on Tuesday night.  I had to get up early tomorrow morning for work. I turned off the lights and went to bed.  Few hours later I woke up.  I felt like someone was watching me.  It didn't feel right.  I opened my eyes and looked around.  It was a dark, quiet and cold october night.  Only enough light from the streets lights to touch the room.   As I rolled my eyes toward the end of the bed, I saw a man in a marine uniform standing in the shadow.  He was staring at me as I was looking at him.  No conversations exchanged.  Didn't know why he let me see him; didn't care.  I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

Many mornings later, I figured the house was initially his; and it was/is.  He probably came up to say hi to me in person.  It's sad to be an undying ghost within your own home.

I had one too many unwanted encounters with spirits.  Since I usually stay alone, my mom encourages me to stop writing.  It's nothing to be weird about but when I am so deep into my writings.  If I close my eyes, I can feel them; losing myself among the characters. 

I continue to feel a spiritual presence around me when I am alone.  I hope it's not my sole-mate; yeah that would be sad.

Since then, I moved out of that house.  Bought a new one, stopped writing and got myself a few dogs for companions.  Other than my bad hang-overs, now I am able to sleep through the nights.
Are you sure this isn't one of your stories you wrote? =P

Not bad.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2008, 01:42:26 PM »
I don't know how I would react, probably not as brave as some of you, and so i'm glad to be reading and not experiencing them.

I don't have any personal encounters and I hope to keep it this way :) :)

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

mlor

« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2008, 04:30:54 PM »
:X

« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 11:27:30 AM by mlor »

FORCE_MULTIPLIER

« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2008, 03:03:42 PM »
K, I guess I'll share a short story on this boring Saturday. 

TRUE STORY
A friend of mines shared the weird events that happened around the time of the death of his mother.  He worked second shift and he didn't get home until midnight.  During the weeks that his mother have been hospitalized up until her death and burial, everynight when he came home, he saw a big tiger sitting in front of his front door wagging its tail.  He was about to p.iss in his pants.  He didn't know what it'd to do him.  After a few encounters he wasn't scared anymore.  He just walked around it.  He thought it was his mom.  He saw that tiger everynight until after his mother's funeral.  After her burial, he never saw it anymore.

I know it sounds so unbelievable, but why would he say such a thing about his mother? :o

ANOTHER TRUE STORY - same lady
So after my friend's mother's death.  Just about a month later, his father wanted and started looking for a new companion. ::)  He met a new lady friend and received her picture.  He framed it right next to his deceased wife's picture.  In the middle of the night in the weee hours of the early morning, he woke up to use the restroom and he felt a push which knocked him down and he knocked out.  A couple hours later he finally gained conscious and made\ it to his bedroom.  By now, it was early morning and there was light through the window into the room.  He noticed right away that the picture of his new lady friend has been knocked down.  And he swore there was no way it could have been knocked down unless someone came in a did it and he swore it was still sitting there before he went to sleep because he was staring at the pictures before he went to bed.  So he really think it was his wife who knocked him and the picture of his girl friend down! :D 

Damn, his ex is such a hater.  If I died, I'd be happy if my SO moved on. 

No regret

« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2008, 06:32:51 AM »
Speaking of hunted house story, one of my friend told me that when he was a small kid, they visited his uncle (mom's brother). His uncle was a Shaman and has an alter down in his basement.  Well the reason they visited his uncle was because his uncle has been sick for a while. One night, my friend couldn't fall asleep so he went to grab some water in the kitchen but heard cryings and yelling coming from the basement. He thought it was one of his cousins just staying up late to play down there. He decided to investigate and see what it was down there. When he went down the stairs, he saw an old shriveled woman and two small boys next to the alter. They look like they were scratching and eating some of the food set on it. He had never seen them before so he thought they were other relatives that were here to visit his sick uncle. He asked if they need anything but they kept ignoring him so he decided to go upstairs and went to bed.  He didn't think much of this until the next day when his mother told them that she had a dream about her dead mother and younger brothers who were crying for food.  He told the story to his mother about what he saw down in the basement and she was very scared. They went down to check the food on the alter and there were little scratches and bite marks all over them (all the children in the house knew never to touch the alter food).  Even thought his uncle was sick, his mom went and let his uncle know about her dream and what my friend saw. His uncle became really sad and said that due to his sickness, he wasn't able to performed his duties as a Shaman and the spirits were unpleased with it.   

Okay this one gives me the fukkin creeps!!! Yikes!!! 

There are times when the dead or spirits isn't concealing themselves and we can see them.

It reminds me of that one movie called
"the eye", where the girl can see the dead and evil spirits.

No regret

« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2008, 07:41:12 AM »
I have one, this happened many years back though, you jugde if it's the supernatural or just some sort of freak coincident.

This is about my mom's experience though...one night at around 2 am, she had a dream about an old lady relative of ours who's been dead for a while already.   In the dream, the old lady stopped by to visit my mom at the current apartment we were staying at.  It was a brief visit, the old lady just stopped by to tell my mom that she'd been really hungry for a while cause she didn't have anything to eat, while she was making her way to somewhere.   

I remembered when my mom woke up from the dream, she even mentioned a little to me about it, cause I was still up and watching T.V in the living room.  She felt really sad and bad for our old lady relative, so she thought she put some food in a little bow and do a little spirit calling for her to come to take the food.  She then opened our apartment door around 2 am with everyone living there sounding asleep already and placed the bowl of food just right outside of our door step onto the apartment hallway.  As she quitely called out to the old lady to come take the food,  the stairway entry door which was right next to our door opened immediately, as if someone was there and about to come in... but nobody enter then the door just let go and closed again.  My mom got really curious at the moment and thought it had to be just somebody or a person, so she quickly went after it to see who it was but there was nobody there nor was there any noise of footsteps going down the stairs either.  I remembered that's when my mom got spooked out, rushed back into our apartment and shut the door real quick saying, "oh my god I"m scared, something was just there!...it was her.

I think it's because my mom is a really generous and caring person towards others, that's why she's often visited by the dead.  That wasn't the only time she was visited by the dead.  She told me one time back in Laos, she had a dream in the middle of the night about a deceased male relative who came back to asked for a something.  She said when she woke up from the dream, there was a really strong foul smell just like dacaying human flesh that she was so scared and had to wake my dad up also...my dad also wittness the foul smell too.  But then the smell gradually went away after a little while. 

Get it?  Hmong people dying in Loas usually end up decaying and all smelly before the funeral is over and they are buried. :o

Damn, I have quite a few stories to tell...shall be back.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 07:51:31 AM by No regret »

JACK_25

« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2008, 03:14:49 PM »
I think if you're a caring person then passed away relatives or loved ones will try to reach out to you.
I had a distant uncle who moved away and we only kept in touch via phone. Three years went by and then one night my father had a dream about this uncle. In the dream, the uncle came and said good bye to my father and told him to watch over his family. When my father woke up, he thought it was strange to have a curious like that out of nowhere. In the morning, we got a phone call that my uncle drowned in a boating accident.

No regret

« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2008, 08:37:56 PM »
Ok another story. ;D

We have a cousin who died few years ago.  My mom went to visit him at the hospital the last evening of his death.  She cried to him and told him to not let go while he was in a state of coma.  Later that night, at around 1 or 2 am in the morning she was awaken by something brushing and flapping against her face.  At first she thought it was probably just our niece doing that to her who slept in the same room.  But then it happened again and this time she was sure it wasn't our niece.  She woked up turned on the light and also woke up my sister inlaw to see what was doing that to her.  They looked around and finally saw it cligging onto the closet door.  It was this really cute looking tiny black little bat.  He was't afraid of them and didn't try to fly away either, so they took him and put him inside of a plastic bag.  Then just a little while after, they received a phone called from the hospital that he had just finally passed away.  They kept the bat, my mom called me in the morning to go see the bat cause she believed it was our cousin coming to say goodbye to her/us for the last time.  My first question to her was, are you serious???  She replied very serious, we still have him, the Bat here, hurry come and see it before we let him go.  I drove and RUSHED over there and saw the little fur ball bat, it didn't even look real cause it was so tiny, not bigger than an inche long.  It look like a fake fur ball toy bat with two tiny little wings but it was very real.  It still wasn't trying to fly off,  it just lay still and kept breathing like a little baby sleeping.  Then we decided to set it outside by the door step to see if it will finally fly off.  I put it outside, and as I remembered I also told him that i'm setting him down there so he can be on his way.  I went back inside the house for like a minute and hurry back out to check on it cause I was sure it wouild still be there, but it was gone.

Through out the entire years ( around 15 years) of living in that house, there has never been any encounters with any single form or type of Bat what so ever, and never again after that one incident.

While in the process of getting ready for his funeral, My mom also had a dream about some scary looking strangers coming to visit her and telling her that she must get the message out to everyone to be sure that he received a proper and well care for funeral ceremony.

When ever I remembered about this incident that happened to us,  I usually will also think how unreal it is but it actually had happened.  And the question still lingers on even today, "did it really happened, and is it really what we thought of it to be or was it just a freak coincident?" :o

« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 07:02:37 AM by No regret »

SmileBaby

« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2008, 09:02:13 PM »
 :o

« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 01:52:57 AM by SmileBaby »

JACK_25

« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2008, 10:42:02 AM »
OK, I heard this story from a college buddy and it still gives me the shivers. One night, my buddy was at his uncle's house playing card when this happened to one of the three uncles there. Him and two of his uncles were playing cards in the living room while the other uncle decided to call it early and went to bed. The bedroom was connected to the living room and the uncle who went to sleep didn't close the door because he still wanted to talk with the rest of them. After a while, the uncle that went to bed felt something crawling onto bed. He felt the pressure of someone slowly moving from his feet up to his chest. He knew there were no kids in the house and all the others were still playing cards from the sound of their conversation. He pretended he was still asleep but when the pressure of whatever it is on his bed reached his chest, he suddenly leaped up and threw his blanket over it. My buddy heard his uncle yelling, "Hurry up! I caught something on my bed! Help! Help! Help Me!"  They all dropped their cards and ran in for a look. His two other uncles went in and started pulling on the other corners of the blanket.  My buddy, being younger and less experience than his uncles, couldn't move from the doorway because he was so scared.  This is what he saw that scared him so much. The blanket was covering something, and it was moving underneath it, trying to escape. Whatever it was, it was desperate. My buddy said he heard the "thing" under the blanket screaming and yelling. It sounded like  a girl and the voice was a high pitched haunting voice. My buddy couldn't move an inch even though his uncles were telling him to grab one corner of the blanket...he froze in time and all he could focus on was the shape moving inside the blanket. After a while, his uncles couldn't hold on to the blanket any longer and my buddy saw something dashed out from under the blanket and it went right under the bed. He said that it looked like a human but was discolored.... it was greenish and blue. His uncles lifted the bed and couldn't find anything. After a while when things calmed down, uncle who was sleeping finally told them what he think it was. He said that back in Laos he had a girlfriend who he loved very much. They promised to always be together and it seems she's keeping her end of the bargain. It turned out that my buddy was the only one who didn't know about this but the other two uncles experienced things like this before.  What a way to ruined a card night huh?

bumzc

« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2008, 10:52:39 AM »
OK, I heard this story from a college buddy and it still gives me the shivers. One night, my buddy was at his uncle's house playing card when this happened to one of the three uncles there. Him and two of his uncles were playing cards in the living room while the other uncle decided to call it early and went to bed. The bedroom was connected to the living room and the uncle who went to sleep didn't close the door because he still wanted to talk with the rest of them. After a while, the uncle that went to bed felt something crawling onto bed. He felt the pressure of someone slowly moving from his feet up to his chest. He knew there were no kids in the house and all the others were still playing cards from the sound of their conversation. He pretended he was still asleep but when the pressure of whatever it is on his bed reached his chest, he suddenly leaped up and threw his blanket over it. My buddy heard his uncle yelling, "Hurry up! I caught something on my bed! Help! Help! Help Me!"  They all dropped their cards and ran in for a look. His two other uncles went in and started pulling on the other corners of the blanket.  My buddy, being younger and less experience than his uncles, couldn't move from the doorway because he was so scared.  This is what he saw that scared him so much. The blanket was covering something, and it was moving underneath it, trying to escape. Whatever it was, it was desperate. My buddy said he heard the "thing" under the blanket screaming and yelling. It sounded like  a girl and the voice was a high pitched haunting voice. My buddy couldn't move an inch even though his uncles were telling him to grab one corner of the blanket...he froze in time and all he could focus on was the shape moving inside the blanket. After a while, his uncles couldn't hold on to the blanket any longer and my buddy saw something dashed out from under the blanket and it went right under the bed. He said that it looked like a human but was discolored.... it was greenish and blue. His uncles lifted the bed and couldn't find anything. After a while when things calmed down, uncle who was sleeping finally told them what he think it was. He said that back in Laos he had a girlfriend who he loved very much. They promised to always be together and it seems she's keeping her end of the bargain. It turned out that my buddy was the only one who didn't know about this but the other two uncles experienced things like this before.  What a way to ruined a card night huh?

yep that totally ruined the poker game...LMAO

DirtyhmonguyFTW

« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2008, 12:46:30 PM »
DAMN! THESE STORIES GIVES ME THE CHILLS EVEN WHEN PEOPLE IS AROUND ME OUUUU WEEEEE!!

Advertisements