Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590402 times)

shesaid

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2008, 02:45:12 PM »
That's a pretty good idea, I'll buy some and do that at a funeral some time.

sure thing, just make sure the jokes not on you  ;D

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Edutilos

« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2008, 06:25:15 PM »
sure thing, just make sure the jokes not on you  ;D
I'm not superstitious, I've cursed God and the Devil. I've dug out graves for loot.

I'm still a rich man.

=P

LadyThao

« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2008, 04:24:49 PM »
you guys know those khau noog Hmong people give to the deceased to wear? My cousin's wife was telling us that during one of the Michigan funerals, a lady went to use the bathroom. She was in there by herself and just so happened to look under the stall next to her, that "person" was wearing one of those shoes. eeeeeeeeeekkkk!

my mom bought a pair of these shoes for my grandma way before she passed. she stuck them in a bag and every time i came across the shoes, i'd get creeped out and get scared.

No regret

« Reply #138 on: November 22, 2008, 10:49:16 AM »
you guys know those khau noog Hmong people give to the deceased to wear? My cousin's wife was telling us that during one of the Michigan funerals, a lady went to use the bathroom. She was in there by herself and just so happened to look under the stall next to her, that "person" was wearing one of those shoes. eeeeeeeeeekkkk!

Those shoes are creepy and scary looking as hell....but if think about the magical powers it can offer to the dead it's actually a beautiful thing.  It's has magical powers that allowed the dead to fly and guide them to places, that's how I  understand it.

I wonder what one would dream of if he put on one of those pair shoe and go to sleep with it?

shesaid

« Reply #139 on: November 22, 2008, 05:12:30 PM »
my mom bought a pair of these shoes for my grandma way before she passed. she stuck them in a bag and every time i came across the shoes, i'd get creeped out and get scared.

funny you mention that.  a long time ago, we were playing hide-n-seek. I happen to hide in my grandma's closet and saw those shoes hanging in there. I knew they were to be worn by the deceased so it freaked me out.  That night, I dreamt that someone was knocking on my bedroom door. I went to open it and saw no one, I looked down and those shoes were at the door.

shesaid

« Reply #140 on: November 22, 2008, 05:14:39 PM »

Those shoes are creepy and scary looking as hell....but if think about the magical powers it can offer to the dead it's actually a beautiful thing.  It's has magical powers that allowed the dead to fly and guide them to places, that's how I  understand it.

I wonder what one would dream of if he put on one of those pair shoe and go to sleep with it?

They'd probably have lots of "regrets"  ;D   From my understanding, the shoes are also suppose to help them cross any rivers/creeks they may come across.  My cousin swore she won't be wearing one of those shoes when she dies. We told her we'd make sure we put some Crocs on her so she wouldn't get her feet wet when she crosses a river or creek haha.

fish

« Reply #141 on: November 22, 2008, 05:33:19 PM »

imagine the same scenario except the feet were suspended a few inches off the floor. 

Havocrazy

« Reply #142 on: November 22, 2008, 11:16:32 PM »
Hmong women always put themselves in a bad position, I mean us guys, we go to the toilet together at a funeral home. Because we know what is waiting over there for that one moment up ahead. My grandpa told us kids that when he went to Fresno, three to five men goes in the restroom at once and still see weird things happening. There's no escape so if ever you get stuck in that situation, always ask somebody (someone you know) to stand right next on the other side of the thin wall while you unleash your incredible power.

fish

« Reply #143 on: November 23, 2008, 06:58:51 PM »
Hmong women always put themselves in a bad position, I mean us guys, we go to the toilet together at a funeral home. Because we know what is waiting over there for that one moment up ahead. My grandpa told us kids that when he went to Fresno, three to five men goes in the restroom at once and still see weird things happening. There's no escape so if ever you get stuck in that situation, always ask somebody (someone you know) to stand right next on the other side of the thin wall while you unleash your incredible power.

man, you men are more tais caus than women are when you have to go into the restroom in drove. 

Havocrazy

« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2008, 11:35:28 PM »
You guys heard about Hmong people being banned from funeral homes because of the strong paranormal happening in them. Janitor be seeing Hmong people blowing flute and crying after everyone left the building.

Havocrazy

« Reply #145 on: November 23, 2008, 11:53:15 PM »
There's a story of a young Hmong man that use to work as a hearse driver (people who drive vehicle that carry dead body). One day he was driving a old white man's body to the cemetery, just like any other work day before. But that evening was not as usual, and his life has been change completely sent. It was all so quiet when all of a sudden he heard a mature voice from behind said "I told them I don't want to where this outfit, why don't they listen to me", he look up in the mirror and saw the guy sitting right up. The young man kept his eyes locked to the road trying to ignore and calm himself down from it, nothing else happened for the rest of the way. But when they open up the coffin at the grave site for a last farewell, the dude inside was naked and his clothes folded neatly beside him. Needless to said the young Hmong man told his parent, they did a shamen thing on him, and he quite. I heard it's a very good paying job, a lot of cash.

Offline nruabsiab

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +30
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 25, 2008, 05:50:27 PM »
Some months ago, my man told me over the phone that he was sitting or laying on his bed at night, ready to sleep, when the bed starts to shake or vibrate a little and he felt pressure on his bed as if someone were walking or sitting on it. He even saw the bed go down a lil. And he once saw a "shadowy figure", as he put it, in his room (it coulda just been his big head...LOL jk..JK JK).  I was scared for him but he seem to be calm about it and still stayed and slept in there.
hahaha.. for a second there, it reminded me of me.. one night i had my bed remote next to me... i turn and accidentially hit the button and it started to vibrate (it has a massager/vibrate to it).. anyways.. i tried pressing the buttons but it was dark, i don't know what i hit and my bed goes up and down and different mode of vibrates.. LOL.. finally I turned on the light and turn if off... LOL ;D

Offline nruabsiab

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +30
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 25, 2008, 06:59:04 PM »
K, I guess I'll share a short story on this boring Saturday. 

TRUE STORY
A friend of mines shared the weird events that happened around the time of the death of his mother.  He worked second shift and he didn't get home until midnight.  During the weeks that his mother have been hospitalized up until her death and burial, everynight when he came home, he saw a big tiger sitting in front of his front door wagging its tail.  He was about to p.iss in his pants.  He didn't know what it'd to do him.  After a few encounters he wasn't scared anymore.  He just walked around it.  He thought it was his mom.  He saw that tiger everynight until after his mother's funeral.  After her burial, he never saw it anymore.

I know it sounds so unbelievable, but why would he say such a thing about his mother? :o

ANOTHER TRUE STORY - same lady
So after my friend's mother's death.  Just about a month later, his father wanted and started looking for a new companion. ::)  He met a new lady friend and received her picture.  He framed it right next to his deceased wife's picture.  In the middle of the night in the weee hours of the early morning, he woke up to use the restroom and he felt a push which knocked him down and he knocked out.  A couple hours later he finally gained conscious and made\ it to his bedroom.  By now, it was early morning and there was light through the window into the room.  He noticed right away that the picture of his new lady friend has been knocked down.  And he swore there was no way it could have been knocked down unless someone came in a did it and he swore it was still sitting there before he went to sleep because he was staring at the pictures before he went to bed.  So he really think it was his wife who knocked him and the picture of his girl friend down! :D 

some hmong people has this.... tiger thingy in their family trees.... just ask the old folks and they will tell you which clan has what.. hehehe

mlor

« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2008, 04:17:51 PM »
^Hmong Lauj from Sam Neua :X

My father started getting the dab tsog a few months after my family moved into a new place.
He put the Hmong knife under his pillow and everything like that.
Sadly, it went on for a few more months until he finally put up the xwb kab.
Soon as he put it up, it stopped happening.
Everyone I've told this story to had said that he was supposed to have put it up as soon as we moved in.
But of course my father likes to do things his own way -_-

Ironically, nothing happened like that to my mom though.
According to her, its because she sleeps with cross necklaces that the spirits don't bother her :P

SmileBaby

« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2008, 06:54:58 PM »
heres one that happened recently about a dab tsog or something. my mom told me that while she and my dad were sleeping one night she heard my dad making muffling noises as in struggling and she woke him up. He told her that something sat on him and grabbed his balls! geesh! what a horny ghost. anyway then one night my dad wasn't home and my mom slept on my dad's side of the bed and she got sat on too.

Advertisements