Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590091 times)

1txojsia

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #150 on: November 27, 2008, 11:54:29 PM »
my husband told me lots of ghost stories he experience. It was really scary. I should have recorded his stories and post it but i forgot to. He said the P NYU Y was still happening in his younger days. He told stories of scary nights when he went to court girls across town.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

JACK_25

« Reply #151 on: November 30, 2008, 02:29:54 PM »
I'm not superstitious, I've cursed God and the Devil. I've dug out graves for loot.

I'm still a rich man.

=P

It's not about superstitious. ..it's about respect.

JACK_25

« Reply #152 on: November 30, 2008, 02:43:24 PM »
hahaha.. for a second there, it reminded me of me.. one night i had my bed remote next to me... i turn and accidentially hit the button and it started to vibrate (it has a massager/vibrate to it).. anyways.. i tried pressing the buttons but it was dark, i don't know what i hit and my bed goes up and down and different mode of vibrates.. LOL.. finally I turned on the light and turn if off... LOL ;D

I knew a guy who was visited by something at night and it scared the hell out of him. He was sleeping on his bed and he felt a tremendous pressure on his chest. All the air where going out of his lungs but he couldn't breath in. He finally was able to open his eyes to see this huge creature sitting on him. He said it was so huge that it's head disappeared above the ceiling! It's hands grabbed his neck and started to choke him while the claws in its toes were digging into his chest. There were so much pain but he couldn't scream. His bed rocked back -n- forth for a long time and then he passed out. He woke up in the morning and there were scratches and claw marks all over his chest and neck. We nicknamed this demon/ghost "The Gorilla."

Havocrazy

« Reply #153 on: November 30, 2008, 08:11:41 PM »
Have you guys heard of the one when the mom died, and came back as an tiger into her family's house?. The kid saw her first and they've all got scared and started screaming, than when the dad came to see what was going on, the tiger shrink into a little white cat. They called a shaman over to observe it and the dude tell the white cat to go and don't come back because it's not the same anymore, that her kids won't recognize her and that they're afraid and for her to go find and start a new family of her own. He let the cat run outside, and they watch it ran twenty feet away into the nearby wood, it turn around and look at them as if saying good bye than transform back into a tiger and walk away into the darkness and disappear.

JACK_25

« Reply #154 on: December 01, 2008, 03:45:39 AM »
my husband told me lots of ghost stories he experience. It was really scary. I should have recorded his stories and post it but i forgot to. He said the P NYU Y was still happening in his younger days. He told stories of scary nights when he went to court girls across town.

It's interesting how your husband tells you stories of his "courting days" and then added a few ghost stories to make them sound spooky.  ;)
A lot of my uncles who were courting girls in Laos tell us stories of the #1 Rule about meeting girls at night. The general rule is that if the girl is really pretty, out and about by herself, kinda strange, or smell kinda rotten....run away from her! Most likely she's a ghost. I think here in the US, most guys have a general rule about dating girls too. If she's more drawn to your bank account than you, ask you for your credit cards, always want to eat out, doesn't take you clubbing w/ her, and never introduce you to her friends....run away from her!   ;D

Anyways....the re's something alluring about a mysterious beautiful lady out there in the darkness

JACK_25

« Reply #155 on: December 01, 2008, 02:28:14 PM »
I had a dream last night that I caught a large black fish with shining stripes. It looked like a beta but was 28inches long and there was something mysterious and dark about it. I'm not a big believer in dreams but from a traditional Hmong stand point, does anyone in here have anything to add?
Thanks

babieboitj

« Reply #156 on: December 02, 2008, 01:43:49 PM »
I had a dream last night that I caught a large black fish with shining stripes. It looked like a beta but was 28inches long and there was something mysterious and dark about it. I'm not a big believer in dreams but from a traditional Hmong stand point, does anyone in here have anything to add?
Thanks

don't worry it is nothing to fear it is called " eating too much and dreaming too much" it is an old saying and it has a meaning but if you don't know this meaning i will tell you.  It means let the dream be, don't disturbed it.

Your dream has nothing to be afriad of, but if you dream about the same dream every time and it seems like you are living that dream then there is something unfinished that you have to take care of.

If you sleep in the forest and it is a very beautiful or bad day and all in a sudden when you sleep you dream that something is watching or something scary then be aware of the surroundings.  It might be your ancestor telling you to becareful or stay away from that place. Or simply the spirits living in that place doesn't welcome you there.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 01:45:26 PM by babieboitj »

JACK_25

« Reply #157 on: December 02, 2008, 07:50:46 PM »
don't worry it is nothing to fear it is called " eating too much and dreaming too much" it is an old saying and it has a meaning but if you don't know this meaning i will tell you.  It means let the dream be, don't disturbed it.

Your dream has nothing to be afriad of, but if you dream about the same dream every time and it seems like you are living that dream then there is something unfinished that you have to take care of.

If you sleep in the forest and it is a very beautiful or bad day and all in a sudden when you sleep you dream that something is watching or something scary then be aware of the surroundings.  It might be your ancestor telling you to becareful or stay away from that place. Or simply the spirits living in that place doesn't welcome you there.

Yeah, I'll be sure to let you know if it keeps reoccuring...l ol

« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 01:13:55 AM by JACK_25 »

fruity

« Reply #158 on: December 04, 2008, 06:13:32 PM »
(screams)

Havocrazy

« Reply #159 on: December 04, 2008, 10:24:02 PM »
There's a story about a young man who went on a camping trip with his friends for the first time. Later in the night he has to go pee so he got up while everyone was sleeping. When he unzip the tint door, he saw his dad standing right there in front of him looking down at him (his father pass away many years before). He quickly zip it back up and went to bed holding it in and not waking up anybody. He told his mom about the incident and she took him to see a shaman. The ghost doctor told them that the father was just looking out for him that night, and that the father doesn't want him sleeping outside like back in Laos and Thailand, that he should just stay in a comfort home.

JACK_25

« Reply #160 on: December 05, 2008, 03:09:21 AM »
I heard of a guy who went camping not long after one of his little nephew passed away. This was one of his favorite nephew and he really missed him. He was thinking of his nephew before he fell asleep in his tent. In the middle of the night, he heard some noises outside of his tent. He got a flash light and went out for a peak. He saw a little boy sitting with his back toward him, eating the scraps of meat and food that was in the campfire pit. He thought it was someone else's kid so told the kid not to pick at the food and he'll get the kid some food from the storage bin. The boy turned his head around and said, "But Uncle, I'm so hungry and no one has fed me in days!" He woke up, it was a dream but scared the shitt out of him. He went out and put a bowl of rice and meat off to the side for his passed away nephew.

babieboitj

« Reply #161 on: December 05, 2008, 04:07:03 PM »
There are many stories that i know but i will tell one that my Grandma told me of how she lost her last son.
This was in thailand back in 1987, when i wasn't born yet. 
One day, my Grandma and his family were coming back from the farm and they decided to stop at the crossroad so they can put her baby boy on her oldest son.  My grandma she took her boy off of her back and gave it to her son's back without first putting the boy on the ground and while that was happening my granpa was walking first and he noticed baby footsteps like a just born baby with a bigger foot like a Poj Ntxooj walking and leaving footsteps on the ground heading in the crossroad direction.  My grandpa didn't think much, but what he was going to fnd out was terrifying.
When they got home my grandma's baby boy was crying for two days and his face was turning blue.  My uncle did NEEG and found out that a Poj Ntxoj has taken my little uncle and there is not way to get him back because his spirit was already gone.  So my grandma remebered that she forgot to put the baby on the ground before giving it to my uncle to carry and she had made a mistake because when you do that a poj ntxojj can intercept your kid and give you a dummy to replace his soul\.
My grandpa then remembered that he had saw little baby foot steps heading in the crossroad direction and it must have been his son.  They were so sad and mad at the same time.  Since then my grandma lossed her youngest son and his family in the dec. 24 of 2004 house fire in milwaukee, wi. Very sad for this great loving family.

I know alot about hmong culture and rituals so i will tell you guys some just case you guys don't know.
The worst place to rest is at a crossed road of crossed path because it is said that that is where the dead and the living travel and meet.  Also nomatter where you go, especially back in the day.  You cannot hand the baby on someone's back and give it to another's back directly because a poj ntooj can intercept it.  You are supposed to put the kid on the ground first and rest for like 5 min. before putting it on someone's back.
Also your mother or father will yield at you if you do this in america.
You cannot hand your kid to someone if you are standing on the inside of your door and handing it to someone on the outside door.  If there is a poj ntoox then they will intercept it through the door portal, so what you should do is take the kid out side and hand it to them or have they come inside and do it.  This is the reason OGs say even though your in a hurry to get the baby, come inside first and relax"  They don't want you to hand the baby through the door and give it to the spirits.
Ghosts are lonely so when they have the chance they will try to steal babies and other things.

wowsers

« Reply #162 on: December 05, 2008, 04:59:01 PM »

I know alot about hmong culture and rituals so i will tell you guys some just case you guys don't know.
The worst place to rest is at a crossed road of crossed path because it is said that that is where the dead and the living travel and meet.  Also nomatter where you go, especially back in the day.  You cannot hand the baby on someone's back and give it to another's back directly because a poj ntooj can intercept it.  You are supposed to put the kid on the ground first and rest for like 5 min. before putting it on someone's back.
Also your mother or father will yield at you if you do this in america.
You cannot hand your kid to someone if you are standing on the inside of your door and handing it to someone on the outside door.  If there is a poj ntoox then they will intercept it through the door portal, so what you should do is take the kid out side and hand it to them or have they come inside and do it.  This is the reason OGs say even though your in a hurry to get the baby, come inside first and relax"  They don't want you to hand the baby through the door and give it to the spirits.
Ghosts are lonely so when they have the chance they will try to steal babies and other things.

I have done this many times not knowing this... and my MIL has told me not to do it... she didn't give me any reasons.... thanks, now i know the meaning behind it..

QaumNtujTubTxib

« Reply #163 on: December 05, 2008, 11:15:26 PM »
Here's one that happened to my dad's baby brother a couple of years before my uncle passed away. This was back sometime in the late 90's as I can recall.

The story of my uncle and the events that happened to his family unfolds as they had moved into their new rental home close to downtown. Not long after they've moved in, strange things started happening and was noticed by my aunt as my uncle was never home. He's always out at his friends place and hardly comes home. My aunt would hear the sounds as if someone was at the kitchen sink washing dishes, pots and pans, etc. in the middle of the night. At first she didn't pay much attention to what was happening until one day, she and my little cousin was in the living room. My aunt was doing her embroidery while my little cousin was playing on the floor next to her.

While she was embroidering and from the corner of her eyes towards the kitchen, she could see that there was something there. There was a silhouette standing there in broad daylight in the kitchen starring at my aunt and my cousin. My aunt lift her head up and looked towards the kitchen where the silhouette was and noticed the similarity between the silhouette and my little cousin. Basically, the "thing" took on the form of my little cousin. My aunt couldn't believe what she was seeing and after looking at the kitchen turned and looked at my little cousin who at the time was still playing next to her. She then looked back at the silhouette, and it smiled back at her. She once again turned to make sure my cousin was still next to her. On the second take, the silhouette was gone. This was the first visual encounter that she had after hearing the dishes int he kitchen.

A couple of days later, she and my cousin were in the living room once again doing the same thing. This time my aunt had the radio on and listening to the local Hmong broadcasting station. She had the volume to where she was able to hear what was being transmitted over the air from the station. She was only a couple of feet away from the radio. While she was listening and doing her embroidery, the volume on the radio would turn up by itself. it would get to the point where it was deafening, and she had to go turn it down. As soon as she went and turned it down and came back to her seat, the volume would start adjusting louder again. This happened a couple of times, so she decided to unplug the radio. Keep in mind that by this time, she knew exactly what is happening and was afraid.

She called my uncle and explained to him what has been happening and for my uncle to come home. He brushed it off and took his time to come home. The clanging of dishes went on for a couple more nights. My aunt was scare out of her wits by this time. My uncle decided to call the shaman to come over and do his thing. Now keep in mind that the outfit of the shaman is traditional Hmong clothing. The "siv" is worn to hold the pant on. On top of the "siv" most men would wear a belt as a secondary mean to hold the pant up. While the shaman was jingling away, and he was on "the horse" his bench jumping up and down, his pant came off. The "siv" and his belt was still on his waist, but his pant just fell off as if though someone pulled it right off. The shaman quickly quit what he was doing and left.

These strange things kept on happening for another month or so and still my uncle wouldn't believe that there was something going on. He'd always brushed off what my aunt was telling him, UNTIL one particular day where he was having a toothache. That night while everyone was in bed and asleep, he heard and saw something that would make him believe everything that my aunt was telling him. That night after everyone was asleep, he heard some turned the water in the bathtub on. the light in the hallway was off, but the light in the bathroom was on, and he can see what little light that made it to their room. This was approximately 2-3 in the morning. He got up and thought it was my other cousin who had come home from going out. My uncle went to my cousin's room to see if it was him and to his surprise, my cousin wasn't even in the bedroom.

Seeing that my cousin wasn't in his room, my uncle was questioning the sound from the bathroom. As he was walking to the bathroom, he could hear as though someone was playing in the tub full of water. When he reached the bathroom, the light was on, the door was open, and the water was still running in the bathtub making it more than half-way full already. He stood at the door motionless and scared. He looked down on the floor and saw a set of human-like wet foot prints as though someone had just gotten out of the shower and stepped on the floor. He reached over and turn off the water and turned off the light and rushed as quickly as he can back to their room.

The next morning, he told my aunt what he encountered the night before. My aunt didn't even have to ask him to look for another place. That same day, he went and started looking for another place.

While they were packing up their stuff and moving, the landlord came by to give them back their deposit. My uncle had my cousin asked the landlord as to who was living their before they moved in. The landlord told them that the house belonged to his mother. His mother died in that house and wasn't found until almost 1 week later. When they found her, she was partially decayed already, and so he fixed up the house a bit and rented to my uncle.

It's kinda long, but this was what happened to my uncle. Now that my uncle, my aunt and my cousin had all passed away. I figured I share their experience with everyone here...NO this event was not the cause of their deaths. Each died of natural causes.

1txojsia

« Reply #164 on: December 05, 2008, 11:28:23 PM »
scary stories you people got.  :o

Advertisements