Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590388 times)

babieboitj

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #165 on: December 07, 2008, 01:22:00 PM »
There are many good rituals but there is also one good ritual that is bad for others and good for the people doing the ritual.
In hmong i forgot what we called it, but in english we call it "retracing soul calling"

When my grandma was 9 months prenagnt and was about to have her kid, she felt something was wrong.  Everyone was out of the house and my grandma was the only one so she gave birth to her son.  What she saw would change her life.  When her son came out it was dead and his face was white and skin was puff and it was like he got a hot water burn.  My grandma immediately knew that someone somewhere did the ritual "Trace and bring back the soul" and took her son's soul back to the sick living person.  My grandma was very upset. So she learned the ritual herself and used it through out her life.  This Ritual is forbbiden by the heavens.  My grandma told me this ritual is rather defined as calling your soul back to you and will eventually kill the other person with your soul living in it.
She said who ever does this, only Yawg Sau will judge them when they get to heaven.
let me explain how this works.

You are sick and not feeling well and your face is pale like you have no soul.  Just like Bart simpson when he had no soul, but usually that person is sick and has yellow ear.  So someone calls an elder who knows hmong rituals or shaman to perform a small ritual to see what really happen.  If the shaman tells you that your soul has move on and recarnated to another baby or an already born person then they will perform this ritual. This ritual goes like this.
If your  soul have recarnated into an unborn baby boy that is still in the mom's pouch then the baby will be born dead because the soul is being call to go back into the originator's body, the living sick person.  The baby will have no soul and die when comes out but face and body will look like a boil burn.  This will cure the sick person because his wandered soul came back to him.

If the sick person's soul have been reborn then it is too late, the sick person will have no soul and will eventually die.  My grandma told me that sometimes,
people get sick because their soul is hurt or had a broken heart and wandered off to start a new life.  She said sometimes people's soul will leave at an early age and start a new life and the person would not know it until 5-20 yrs later.  By then his soul had already grown up and had kids, so the ritual won't work anymore.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 09:44:10 AM by babieboitj »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

shesaid

« Reply #166 on: December 07, 2008, 05:14:24 PM »

I know alot about hmong culture and rituals so i will tell you guys some just case you guys don't know.
The worst place to rest is at a crossed road of crossed path because it is said that that is where the dead and the living travel and meet.  Also nomatter where you go, especially back in the day.  You cannot hand the baby on someone's back and give it to another's back directly because a poj ntooj can intercept it.  You are supposed to put the kid on the ground first and rest for like 5 min. before putting it on someone's back.
Also your mother or father will yield at you if you do this in america.
You cannot hand your kid to someone if you are standing on the inside of your door and handing it to someone on the outside door.  If there is a poj ntoox then they will intercept it through the door portal, so what you should do is take the kid out side and hand it to them or have they come inside and do it.  This is the reason OGs say even though your in a hurry to get the baby, come inside first and relax"  They don't want you to hand the baby through the door and give it to the spirits.
Ghosts are lonely so when they have the chance they will try to steal babies and other things.

there's also the one about saying that a child is beautiful/handsome/cute. if poj ntxoog or zaj hnov, they will come take your child away. that's why a lot of times you will hear OGs say to babies "cas yuav mus phem quav ua luaj li os"

shesaid

« Reply #167 on: December 07, 2008, 10:31:36 PM »
this might be way off topic, but I wonder if that's another reason for still born babies

Edutilos

« Reply #168 on: December 07, 2008, 11:49:34 PM »
There are many good rituals but there is also one good ritual that is bad for others and good for the people doing the ritual.
In hmong i forgot what we called it, but in english we call it "retracing soul calling"

When my grandma was 9 months prenagnt and was about to have her kid, she felt something was wrong.  Everyone was out of the house and my grandma was the only one so she gave birth to her son.  What she saw would change her life.  When her son came out it was dead and his face was white and skin was puff and it was like he got a hot water burn.  My grandma immediately knew that someone somewhere did the ritual "Trace and bring back the soul" and took her son's soul back to the sick living person.  My grandma was very upset. So she learned the ritual herself and used it through out her life.  This Ritual is forbbiden by the heavens.  My grandma told me this ritual is rather defined as calling your soul back to you and will eventually kill the other person with your soul living in it.
She said who ever does this, only Yawg Sau will judge them when they get to heaven.

You are sick and not feeling well and your face is pale like you have no soul.  Just like Bart simpson when he has no soul, but usually that person is sick and has yellow ear.  So someone calls an elder who knows hmong rituals or shaman to perform a small ritual to see what really happen.  If the shaman tells you that your soul has move on and recarnated to another baby or already born person then they will perform this ritual. This ritual goes like this.
If your  soul have recarnated into an unborn baby boy that is still in the mom's pouch then the baby will be born dead because the soul is being call to go back into the originator's body, the living sick person.  The baby will have no soul and die when comes out but face and body will look like a boil burn.  This will cure the sick person because his wandered soul called back to him.

If the sick person's soul have been reborn then it is too late, the sick person will have no soul and will eventually die.  My grandma told me that sometimes,
people get sick because their soul is hurt or had a broken heart and wandered off to start a new life.  She said sometimes people's soul will leave at an early age and start a new life and the person would not know it until 5-20 yrs later.  By then his soul had already grown up and had kids, so the ritual won't work anymore.

This is pretty interesting.

PS - They spell it Yawm Saub

babieboitj

« Reply #169 on: December 08, 2008, 09:45:40 AM »
This is pretty interesting.

PS - They spell it Yawm Saub

thanks man..

babieboitj

« Reply #170 on: December 08, 2008, 09:53:10 AM »
In Hmong, we just call it hu plig.

I didn't know that it works that way. But thanks. That makes so much sense.

Yes my friend, this is smiliar to Hu Plig, but also very different.  Hu plig is only used for people who have been scared and the ritual i'm talking about it a different ball game.  If i remembered it well, it is call "Hu plig Qu txia" instead of lossed soul, this actually go way deeper then that.  There are two divisions to this ritual. the second or last stag is when you open up the boil egg and if the egg has tissues looking like veins then the person has already started a new life, but if not then it will return.  This is the reason why sometimes you will see or hear your cousins in thailand say that they have lossed unborn childs.
Reporter you are still very correct, thanks.

1txojsia

« Reply #171 on: December 08, 2008, 11:11:30 PM »
babieboitj... nice information yet scary too.

1txojsia

« Reply #172 on: December 08, 2008, 11:12:17 PM »
this might be way off topic, but I wonder if that's another reason for still born babies

but meeka people don't know how to do the ritual... so if a meeka/kaydoo/mexico/etc have a stillborn, what does it mean then?

nina_vaj

« Reply #173 on: December 09, 2008, 09:55:04 AM »
No but I do have a friend of mines who she pom dab all the times. The college that I am attending right now have a office called High School Upward Bound which they tore the buiding down because the owner died there. So they tore it down and rebuilt it into a funeral home, then after several years they changed it into an office to be connected with the school. SO one time my friend and 2 of our other friends went upstair to wait for an instructor and she happen to see the old white dude walking around the office with his feet not touching the grounds at all.. They got scared and ran away but as they ran away the dude was waiting for them at the stairway already.. :o

babieboitj

« Reply #174 on: December 09, 2008, 11:13:41 AM »
No but I do have a friend of mines who she pom dab all the times. The college that I am attending right now have a office called High School Upward Bound which they tore the buiding down because the owner died there. So they tore it down and rebuilt it into a funeral home, then after several years they changed it into an office to be connected with the school. SO one time my friend and 2 of our other friends went upstair to wait for an instructor and she happen to see the old white dude walking around the office with his feet not touching the grounds at all.. They got scared and ran away but as they ran away the dude was waiting for them at the stairway already.. :o

go on and what happen next?

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 09, 2008, 11:21:14 AM »

You are sick and not feeling well and your face is pale like you have no soul.  Just like Bart simpson when he had no soul, but usually that person is sick and has yellow ear.  So someone calls an elder who knows hmong rituals or shaman to perform a small ritual to see what really happen.  If the shaman tells you that your soul has move on and recarnated to another baby or an already born person then they will perform this ritual. This ritual goes like this.
If your  soul have recarnated into an unborn baby boy that is still in the mom's pouch then the baby will be born dead because the soul is being call to go back into the originator's body, the living sick person.  The baby will have no soul and die when comes out but face and body will look like a boil burn.  This will cure the sick person because his wandered soul came back to him.

OK, so this also supports the theory of reincarnation.  Hmmm, i don't know if such exist.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

babieboitj

« Reply #176 on: December 09, 2008, 11:26:09 AM »
OK, so this also supports the theory of reincarnation.  Hmmm, i don't know if such exist.

My friend,
People go through what we call the internal stages of formility. Meaning the last stage where you will decide what you wil want to become when you recarnate.  Only the good ones will be recarnted and the bad ones will have to spend years in jail in heaven.

i will breief on this later...i have some info in hmong history and life so i will let you gu know.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 09, 2008, 11:28:47 AM »
Hmm, I'm still a skeptic about that theory.  However, I will say this:  Sometimes in dreams, I dreamt of places, people that I know very well but than when I wake up, I have no clue who those people are, never seen them in real life. 

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

babieboitj

« Reply #178 on: December 09, 2008, 02:50:30 PM »

When i was young my mind used to drift off somewhere into the spririt world.  I can't really tell you guys but i will explained the process where we go after we died or what happens to us we don't get a proper funeral.

We are as the great confusician say living in the Yang part of earth, while the spirits live in the Yin.  I can say that hmong people have been around since the beginning of time because there are so much stories and evidence to be digg up. And also China's government conspiracy locked up infor about our past and hidden them somewhere.  They have also destroyed their culuture during the communist era and therefore destoryed our past as well, but i will recited four syllables.  In china they Say " The Yin And the Yang"  IN hmong we Say " Yin Cheej and Yang Cheej" samething as the chinese. This means good vs. evil, heaven and hell, or in our culture, human and spirite world.

Let's begin with the process i exp.

In the Hmong culture we are as realted to the spirits as we are to the chinese, japanese and others.  Why do i say this? It is because we all are linked by spirits in the ways of rituals and spirit calling.  In japanese culture they believed that demons will leaked out into our world and their job is to protect and scarrife beings to seal the gates of hell every 75 years.  The chinese also have their own way and also us hmongs. 

During the hmong funeral, the dead person will have to travel back to his homeland or hmong kingdom and it is located in china.  Even the elders who guides his soul will say back to china and the dead person will be equipped with horse, bow and money, but the sadest thing is that we have to tear up the dead person's clothes so that the chinese won't try to steal it on his way to his homeland.  This process is also part of hmong history but noone knows the true meaning.  I believed i may have crack many mysteries behing hmong's stories but it will take a long time to find out the true meaning.  Well as the dead person travels back to china, chinese merchants or bandits will try to steal his silky clothes and other goods but if we didn't tear up his clothes then the chinese will try to steal it.

This ritual or the passage to china was never created in the begining, but was only created not too long ago, probbaly when we had to flee china and migrate to indochina.  That was when we started the ritual to sent the dead back to hmong kingdom.  Chinese people are not bury with goods so when they died they will try to steal hmongpeople's silky clothes.

The journey for the dead will end when he reaches his homeland and meet up with his ancestors.

It is believed that hmong people have more than one spirits.  We have one main spirits but when we died we multiply so that one can have two or three to guard our grave.  Sometimes when it is time for the spirit to be reborn they will leave and go the first gate of the spirit world.  I will brief on that later.
Sometimes your spirits may have one guarding the grave and the other will recarnate until he is reborn then will leave or disappear. 

Hmong/all spirits whether it is black, white, mexicans ect. their spirits will remained whereevr they die unless they released their soul and this process can be seen in many ways.  IN hmong we release the soul and the whites also do this, but i am not sure about blacks and mexicans.  I can say this forsure because there hasn't been many reports of black ghosts compared to whites and asians. I would probbally say that blacks aren't as aggressive as whites, therefor whites have remained on earths whiles more blacks and others disappear after they died.  This is just my thoughts-add commments.

Well in america they have what they called Pyshics and they released the souls by gathering energy to sent them back to where ever.

This is the reason why when someone died and have no whereabout where his body is, we release the soul to go to heaven and if not, then they will remain there forever.  You will probbaly have dreams that they are hungry and are poor in the future dreams.

Well the elders say that there is a road in which we take if we are not dead.  When our spirits wanders into the spirit world, Yawg Sau will call to us and bring us back to our place.  In one dream, my grandpa said that he was sleeping and heard his brother playing the Leave instrument and he looked and it came from the moutains and he wa going to follow it but then suddenly he woked up and looked outside seeing his cousin playing the qeej. He thought what a drift dream he had. 
This is the reason we are forbbiden to play the hmong drums and the Qeejs if it is related to sending the dead because if both are play inside the house, ghosts will be in there or someone sleeping while the music " sending the death" is played, the sleeper will follow the host playing the music into the spirit world and into the first gate of the spirit world.
Second, at the funeral if you fall down or sleep, then elders will yelled at you and wake you up.  If you fell down  on the path where the dead person will be carry at then you will need a hu plig so when they take the dead person to the grave it will not take yours.

Note :
The elders say that when the dead is carry out, the person's spirit is sitting upright and his arm/hand is moving/signaling any spirits that have fallen on his path to go with him in the spirit world and if this happens then that person will get sick and die.  Also when the dead person is put into the ground, noone is suppose to stand in his shadow or coffin shadow because he will drag your shadow with him to live with him.  Very rare but has happen before that is why our ancestors developed a Con for everything.

If you asked your elders they will tell you that if they have drifted into the spirit world they will come across a gate or called " Nyuj Va". this is where the human spirits stops at before going into the spirit world.  If there is noone to stop you and you decided to go then your dream will become a reality.  Dream is the portal to the other world and the linked between us and spirits.  If you enter the gate then you will go with the dream and perished but if you stop then you should be fine.  But before you enter there should be someone guarding the gate> Most of the time Yawg sau will stop you and tell you to go back or follow your someone's footstep.  The CUe for this role is to wake up.  Almost evry dream that end up like this after you are told to go back, you will encounter cliffs, huge lakes or others just so you can fall into it and be awaken.

Noone that i know has ever pass the first gate so i don't know much, but i will tell you that someone has passed it and they did not die.  The person was charge/crime in heaven and they sent two messengers to take him to testify against his second wife.  When he got upthere??? no more time in lap..so let me know if you guys are interest in this story. i will let you guys know what he experienced and other things.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 03:07:20 PM by babieboitj »

babieboitj

« Reply #179 on: December 09, 2008, 03:01:03 PM »
Hmm, I'm still a skeptic about that theory.  However, I will say this:  Sometimes in dreams, I dreamt of places, people that I know very well but than when I wake up, I have no clue who those people are, never seen them in real life. 

You are living the spirit past. Keep on dreaming and ask question.  When my uncle's family died, they came to me in a dream and my aunt told me she still wants to go to college, but my uncle said that they are dead now and will have to live like spirits.  When my aunty was still alive she was a hard worker and was about to graduate and get her BA, but sadly.  i also have many dreams encountering them, but i never had the chance to ask how they were. Someday i will let you guys know, but sometimes in my dream when i see my passed cousins i asked myself they are dead already so how can they be here with me, then i realized they are dead, but i just act like they are not because spirits know they are dead, but they like to live and interacts in scenes. 
the things i say on here are basic stuff, but the more advance stuffs i cannot brief because it is XXXXXXXXX... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 03:08:38 PM by babieboitj »

Advertisements