Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590062 times)

weeweechu

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #240 on: January 27, 2009, 07:22:59 AM »
I remember that day very well. Me and my little brother was walking home from a long morning of squirrel hunting from our once large land of forest. We came upon an old dead tree, there's no leaves on that tree and the branch is almost wasn't any. My little brother point at the tree and said "you see that?". I looked and all I saw was just an old dead tree, "the tree?" I ask. He stared at it while having the conversation with me "no, that glowing white rope". I look again but didn't see anything so I joke with him saying "lets go home, you're so hungry that you're hallucinating". I also remember very well that look he gave me at that very moment, it was like a "are you blind?, am I the only one seeing this thing?, I am scare and confuse" kind of looked. Well, he got very sick couple days later and acted very weird. My parents invited a shaman over to see if she could solve the problem. After just a short jumping and jingling she stop and said that there's an old tree in the wood near our house that the whites use it to hang black slaves back than and that when me and bro' was walking pass it, some of the black people that die there were boring so they took my little bro' to stay and entertain them. She also added that for us kids not to go hunting alone anymore and that if somehow whenever a kid acted weird at any time and at any places, before leaving or coming home you have to call there name three time and tell them not to stay there and to go home with you. So in the case, the spirits couldn't keep them with the spirits. I still hunt by myself sometimes after that, but I leave my little bro' at home. Come to think about it now, it's scary hunting all by myself but I don't think much about it than. I see that old tree every now and than and wonder sometimes.

:o man that's creepy. Well when my sister had her baby, my mom would always tell them that if you visit me or anybody and it's late at night befor you go home call the baby home too and when you get home call the baby home too so that his spirit will follow you and not stay behind. I never knew the reason why, I just thought it was weird.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Havocrazy

« Reply #241 on: January 27, 2009, 11:38:26 AM »
I hear story about a Hmong lady that was leaving her grandma's funeral home on the second night because she was too tired staying up the first night. Her story was this, she pulled out from the funeral home's parking lot and heading straight to a red light. She stop there and waited for the green light, than one of her cousin pulled up beside her beeping her horn. They told her that she left about an hour ago and why is she still there at the light. Now, she didn't remember falling asleep or drowsing, all she know was that she just pulled out from the parking lot and stop at the light but somehow an hour has passed. Afterward, they did the shaman on her and found out that her grandma didn't want her to leave. So when she was at the stop light, her grandma made it so that she don't see the green light come on so she won't go. And also to make her feel an hour passed like a couple of minutes only.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 27, 2009, 11:44:02 AM »
Oh, this is the best thread in PH...keep coming for more :D :D :D

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

weeweechu

« Reply #243 on: January 27, 2009, 03:44:33 PM »
Yeah, this is the best thread in PH. I read through all stories and comments.  I don't have any to share, but based on my observation, it seems like all the folks with these stories are all shamanism, not Christian or other religion.  Most stories in here mentioned about ua neeg/do jingle bell.  I am curious to know.  Why is that?  Is it because it just happen to be that all that came across this thread are all shamanism or is it because only shamanism experience paranormal/spirits/ghosts? 

Also, as someone mentioned, you always put a knife under your pillow or around your bed so that "thing" doesn't come sit on you and it seemed like that "thing" only comes when you sleep on your back.  I always try not to sleep on my back, but on my side.   My husband always put a knife next to our bed and nothing unusual has happened **knock on woods** though at times he does yell, cry or laugh in his sleep.  My father-in-law experienced shadowy figure at times and he always put a knife under his pillow.  I don't know if that helps because I never dare to ask since I'm too scared of what they will tell me. 

I'm a church goer and I experience a lot of paranormal stuff...but what does religion have to do with paranormal activity?? I think it's just that there is such thing as a spirit world and we live amongst each other...lol but what do I know. I heard that the shadows rape you when you sleep on your tummy too...they must like d style too.   :3some:

Havocrazy

« Reply #244 on: January 27, 2009, 06:51:29 PM »
Back in Sacramento, there's a lot of Hmong gang related murders. I remember back than in the late '80s, one of my uncle's friend was killed in a drive-by shooting. Couple days later I was hanging out with my uncle and his buddies and over heard a conversation. They were talking about an incident that happened two nights after his friend's passing, it wasn't a retaliation plan or anything though. This is what happened, my uncle and his buddies was sitting outside one of his other friend's front porch just talking about the good time and the bad. Everyone was drinking a lot that night and kept on pouring some for his dead friend. Than one of 'em was smoking a joint and kept on saying how much he misses his friend already, that's when all of a sudden the little small bush in front of the house started shaking by itself. Everybody heard it, saw it, and stood up staring at it. Than that one friend holding the joint, put it down on the porch and said "hey friend, if it's you come over here and have a puff with me". The bush stop shaking than to all's amazement, the joint laying down on the porch started burning up like someone is puffing on it. They watch it doing that for awhile than went in to house except for that one dude that lay down the joint. He said that after everyone left, the joint stop burning and the bush started shaking again. I think that, that's his friend way of saying I'm right here and hey I'm leaving now. At first I was like what?, you guys are just high and drunk but than again on second thoughts, they've all saw it.

1txojsia

« Reply #245 on: January 27, 2009, 06:54:38 PM »
I heard that the shadows rape you when you sleep on your tummy too...

u can say that again.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 28, 2009, 10:34:45 AM »
Last night I didn't get any ZZZZZZZZZZ because of the ghost stories in here.  In the dark, my eyes kept looking for shawdows and lord knows what....and yes, finally crept under the blanket and surrender to exhaustion. 

Today, i'm a little restless, cranky...thank goodness for coffee.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

babieboitj

« Reply #247 on: January 28, 2009, 11:54:47 AM »
actually religion has nothing to do with paranomial...i will tell you guys two different story based on shamanism and christianity..

first there was a lady in california and she converted into a chirstian so she can be like others. and so one day her kid was sick and her kid died so he pray for god and nothing happen.  Her second kid die and so she pray and pray and her kid died. so she asked why god had taken her kids when all she has ever done was to serve him. god did nothing for her and so she converted back to shamanism and everything was fine.

the second case..
a hmong family in thailand lived on a hill and on the other side was a graveyeard and so the hmong family had a daughter that would always go to school and seens like she would always be talking to someone early in the mornning. well the students at school becamse supicious because every morning and even when she would come and go, she would be talking to someone as soon as she leave the premise. one day she was coming to school and a friend of mine/students saw her talking to someone and she was holding the unbrella for him but in her words she said her HE friend was holding it for her and that he was her lover but noone could see the mystery guy.
and so even at home the family grew supicous of the activites going on around her because she would talk and there would be nobody. and so her family did neeg and found out that the land behind their house was a grave yard and that one of the ghost had fell in love with her so he decided to visit her and be her lover.

the family got scared and after jingle bells it didn't working and so they decided to convert to christianity and it did the trick. the ghost couldn't find her anymore and she was safe. FYI they said she was hott...haha

« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 11:56:47 AM by babieboitj »

babieboitj

« Reply #248 on: January 28, 2009, 12:03:02 PM »
Even in the human world, ghosts can travel to different places using cars, planes and others as a source of tansportation. There have been many cases of ghosts hopping on people's car.  Like the once mysterious case of the famous Voltage singer, it was told that in the late 90, voltage was travling in california when he was stopped by a highway trooper and pulled over a gas station. the police asked him why his kid was flicking him off and voltage said he has no kid in the back of the seat. the police said he saw his kid flicking him off, but then the police looked back and there was no kid so the police let voltage go. voltage go scared and called his brother to pick him up..

don't know if this story is true, but it is surely one of the most talked rumors backed in the days.

will brief about the special moments when someone dies. i have experiment it first hand so i will let evryone know. later

Gatorade_Guy

« Reply #249 on: January 28, 2009, 01:24:40 PM »
I'm a church goer and I experience a lot of paranormal stuff...but what does religion have to do with paranormal activity?? I think it's just that there is such thing as a spirit world and we live amongst each other...lol but what do I know. I heard that the shadows rape you when you sleep on your tummy too...they must like d style too.   :3some:

there are such things as half-ass christians.

it's true that these threads are mostly written by shamanist ppl.

christian in hmong means banishment of spirits.

Gatorade_Guy

« Reply #250 on: January 28, 2009, 01:28:17 PM »
actually religion has nothing to do with paranomial...i will tell you guys two different story based on shamanism and christianity..

first there was a lady in california and she converted into a chirstian so she can be like others. and so one day her kid was sick and her kid died so he pray for god and nothing happen.  Her second kid die and so she pray and pray and her kid died. so she asked why god had taken her kids when all she has ever done was to serve him. god did nothing for her and so she converted back to shamanism and everything was fine.

the second case..
a hmong family in thailand lived on a hill and on the other side was a graveyeard and so the hmong family had a daughter that would always go to school and seens like she would always be talking to someone early in the mornning. well the students at school becamse supicious because every morning and even when she would come and go, she would be talking to someone as soon as she leave the premise. one day she was coming to school and a friend of mine/students saw her talking to someone and she was holding the unbrella for him but in her words she said her HE friend was holding it for her and that he was her lover but noone could see the mystery guy.
and so even at home the family grew supicous of the activites going on around her because she would talk and there would be nobody. and so her family did neeg and found out that the land behind their house was a grave yard and that one of the ghost had fell in love with her so he decided to visit her and be her lover.

the family got scared and after jingle bells it didn't working and so they decided to convert to christianity and it did the trick. the ghost couldn't find her anymore and she was safe. FYI they said she was hott...haha

lol. ur christian story sounds fake. that's like what a typical shaman would say. and obviously she was not a devout christian because she converted and was probably only a christian to begin with cuz like u said she wanted to be like others.

Tracker

« Reply #251 on: January 28, 2009, 02:34:49 PM »
Even in the human world, ghosts can travel to different places using cars, planes and others as a source of tansportation. There have been many cases of ghosts hopping on people's car.  Like the once mysterious case of the famous Voltage singer, it was told that in the late 90, voltage was travling in california when he was stopped by a highway trooper and pulled over a gas station. the police asked him why his kid was flicking him off and voltage said he has no kid in the back of the seat. the police said he saw his kid flicking him off, but then the police looked back and there was no kid so the police let voltage go. voltage go scared and called his brother to pick him up..

don't know if this story is true, but it is surely one of the most talked rumors backed in the days.

will brief about the special moments when someone dies. i have experiment it first hand so i will let evryone know. later

That's just a rumor.  I know him pretty well and he's never told us a story like that before.  But there are alot of stories that relate to the many "back" country hwys. there are in Cali.  Like Hwy# 41....between the 101 and the 5.  Because when you're in Cali...you do nothing but travel from place to place.   ;) ;) ;)

weeweechu

« Reply #252 on: January 28, 2009, 03:03:49 PM »
oooo talk about HWYs late one night my sis and bro-n-law were driving home from my mom's house, when they merged into their exit they saw this white man sitting in front of the exit sign. All he had on were a t-shirt and boxers and my sis said he looked soo lost. The next day they saw that some people had left white flowers beside that exit because the day before they saw that man, there was a car accident and the man died instantly.  :o :o :o

babieboitj

« Reply #253 on: January 28, 2009, 09:53:15 PM »
there are such things as half-ass christians.
it's true that these threads are mostly written by shamanist ppl.
christian in hmong means banishment of spirits.

ol. ur christian story sounds fake. that's like what a typical shaman would say. and obviously she was not a devout christian because she converted and was probably only a christian to begin with cuz like u said she wanted to be like others.

Gatorade, you sound like a faithfull ass christian, good to know you are really deep in the religion. did you know that people die because of you believers who thinks that god is everything and that is where millions died of trying to convert other people into your religion. all this fighting and killing needs to stop, it needs to end, why are you christians/jesus believers killing other cultures just because they have a different god. all you true believers know what i am talking about...too much faith i religion can kill a person.  Religion is there to serve the human soul and mind, not to convert others and start many holy wars...

when i am telling the story i was not thinking about who i like or which religion i hate. for god's sake, we are telling stories in here, not gibberish about "oh she was not faithfull to the lord, she was half"..

if you are a true believer, i want you to go to church and pray every sec and do chrarity work or become a priest and take care of those poor hmongs in the jungle..now that's a faithful person..you should know that nomatter who writes these stories whether they are hmong/others, shamans, christs, others. the point is it doesn't matter who you are as long as you have a ghost story to tell then it is all good..

i would like to rephrase on whgat you said
"lol. ur christian story sounds fake. that's like what a typical shaman would say. and obviously she was not a devout christian because she converted and was probably only a christian to begin with cuz like u said she wanted to be like others. "
Now i am LOLZ laughing at you because you are describing yourself..  the reason you are defending that story is because that story hurted your feelings huh little gatorade...how do you know it was fake..if you don't like what you are reading then don't read it. go to some other website. this is all about pebhmong. it did not say peb shamans or peb christians..it is us, the color tan, as long as your hmong then it doesn't matter on your faith.
Don't hate on my story even if i don't descirbe every little detail, but if you want to then pm me so i can give you every detail to whatever story you don't under stand.

you sounded like you are too deep in faith. i have faith in everything including spirits, gods and other's religion because i respect everyone's culture unlike you bro. well enough of the chat..on to my next story..
will post soon...

« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 10:18:57 PM by babieboitj »

weeweechu

« Reply #254 on: January 29, 2009, 07:47:22 AM »
why are we talking about religion on a ghost story thread, that's why there's the faith and belief thread. 

Advertisements