Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590096 times)

sassychick

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #360 on: February 10, 2009, 07:18:36 AM »
A couple of Hmong kids were playing in their grandfather's room, just messing around and doing typical little kid stuff.  One of the girl happen to glance at the open closet (the sliding doors kind) and saw an old lady sitting on the ground, grinning at her.  She thought to herself, "Why would grandpa's lady friend be hiding in his closet and not out with the other grown-ups?" but didn't really think about it.  After a while, they all left the room.  She asked her older sister if she had seen their grandpa's friend in the closet and the sister just looked at her like she was crazy.  She told her younger sister that there weren't anything grown-us in the room.  They later found out that the grandpa had set an alter in his closet.   :o

One story that I read that scared the crap out of me was about this girl who shared a bunk bed w/her sister.  She slept on the top while her sister slept on the bottom.  One night, she woke up and saw a young lady in white floating at the corner of their room.  She got scared and pulled the covers over her head.  A few weeks later, her sister was out of the house and one of her cousin was sleeping over.  The girl slept on the bottom bunk while the cousin slept on the top.  In the middle of the night, the cousin screamed out and woke everyone up.  She said that she was sleeping and woke up and saw a face staring at her.  She didn't really think anything of it because she was still half asleep but then she suddenly realized that she was sleeping on the top bunk and that it wasn't possible for someone to be standing and be eye level with her. 

When you say alter do you mean like he had a shrine of a woman in his closet. oooo  :o :o :o

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Aberration

« Reply #361 on: February 10, 2009, 08:58:18 AM »
I'm not sure but I'm assuming it's the kind that traditional Hmong families have.

mlor

« Reply #362 on: February 10, 2009, 10:32:43 AM »
Some families have two altars in the home, the big one is like the doctor, and the little one is like the nurse.
In my family, we only have one altar.

The family altar is where many strange things happen...

eyefish

« Reply #363 on: February 10, 2009, 01:22:52 PM »
Okay!, adding on to my story. Yeah, he started telling them about how he die and how he reincarnate and everything. He said that he stay with his body for a whole week to make sure that no animals well come and eat it before he wonder off. Seven days and his body is really decaying so he no animal will want to touch it now and started walking off looking for anybody to help him find his way home but the people that he met in the area was also lost. He kept walking and finally he starting to hear a lot of hmong people talking, he rush to where the chit chatting was coming from and right there was two big plane and a whole village of hmong people getting in. The ran there and asked everyone to help him find his kid and wife but everybody was just crying and getting on the plane so he got on the plane too. Next thing he know, he was three years old and living in Minnesota, USA. At that age he already started talking about finding his kids and wife but his new parents just thought that maybe he got the line from watching to much television. And that's how his rumor got out to reach them because through out his whole new childhood life, he has always been talking about finding his family.

He is already married before he reach is old wife, and already had one kid. After everything was understood, his old wife apologize and introduce her kids to their suppose father (way younger than they are). He told his two sons and daughter that he's sorry he wasn't there to see them grow up but a least he get to come back and see them all already grown up and healthy and living happy. But yeah, he went back to Minnesota and left his old wife and old kids alone after everything was said and done. He is still living.

I have an aunt that remembers her past life too. She's known since she was a kid from what I heard. She use to always cry for her husband and her children. She'd always try to get her older brother to "take her home" to see her family. For a long time, her new family thought something is wrong with her. Finally, they relent and took her and of course her husband and children are way older than her. In 1996, when she first went back to Laos, she went to visit her children whom are now like in their 70s or 80s. She remembers everything. They call her mom and all that. I know, kinda strange.......

Jena

« Reply #364 on: February 10, 2009, 05:44:53 PM »
My second oldest brother had a friend when they were in college.  I believe they were living in the same dorm during their stay in college.  Anyhow, the friend has a girlfriend.  The friend wanted to go visit his girl, so he asked my brother to go with him, but my brother had too much studies to do, so he asked another friend of his to tag along.  So both my brother's friend went on their trip to see the girlfriend.  When they got to her house, it was already kind of late during the evening.  So they stayed there for about an hour and a half.  They were going to come back home, but his girlfriend's mother asked them to sleep over, since it was already so late.  So his girlfriend and mother prepared a bed in the finished basement for them.  Later that night when they were sleeping, and whispering about the visit to his girl's house, the friend who tagged along asked the other friend where was his girlfriend's father.  The friend knew that his girlfriend's father has passed away, but he didn't want to mention about it, so he lied to his friend that her father went hunting.  Apparently, the other friend said to him..." so who's that over there looking at us?" which freaked out the friend...they both got up and went home.  When they got back to the dorm, he told my brother what happened...abo ut two weeks later, he broke up with his girlfriend.

SHIET!  FREAKY!

sassychick

« Reply #365 on: February 11, 2009, 12:28:46 PM »
This happened to me when I was about 6 or 7. I would never forget such a day; it haunts me till this day. We lived in Utah at the time, I’m not sure exactly where but I do remember that it was an old house. My mother worked 2nd and I stayed home with my grandmother, there was only the three of us. I had no one to play with and so I liked to explore the house and play niam thiab txiv by myself, well one night after my mom had left to work I went into our bedroom to play and as I walked in I saw that someone was still under the blanket. I peeked out our bedroom door and saw grandmother sitting in the living room; of course at six years old I was utterly confused. I just saw my mom leave for work and my grandmother in the living room. As a kid my curiosity and imagination gets easily intrigued and without thinking I crept over and squeezed its foot. It was cold as ice and what ever it was it didn’t move. Stupid me I wanted to lift up the blanket and see who it was but grandmother was calling me. I stood there for a bit, wanting to lift up the blanket. I grabbed the edge of it and said “mommy, koj tus mus nes?” no answer and still no movement. I was getting ready to lift the blanket up when I heard footsteps from behind me, I turned around and my grandmother was standing by the doorway telling me to go stay with her, when I turned back around there was nothing left.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 12:30:17 PM by sassychick »

N`Chync

« Reply #366 on: February 11, 2009, 12:39:27 PM »
This happened to me when I was about 6 or 7. I would never forget such a day; it haunts me till this day. We lived in Utah at the time, I’m not sure exactly where but I do remember that it was an old house. My mother worked 2nd and I stayed home with my grandmother, there was only the three of us. I had no one to play with and so I liked to explore the house and play niam thiab txiv by myself, well one night after my mom had left to work I went into our bedroom to play and as I walked in I saw that someone was still under the blanket. I peeked out our bedroom door and saw grandmother sitting in the living room; of course at six years old I was utterly confused. I just saw my mom leave for work and my grandmother in the living room. As a kid my curiosity and imagination gets easily intrigued and without thinking I crept over and squeezed its foot. It was cold as ice and what ever it was it didn’t move. Stupid me I wanted to lift up the blanket and see who it was but grandmother was calling me. I stood there for a bit, wanting to lift up the blanket. I grabbed the edge of it and said “mommy, koj tus mus nes?” no answer and still no movement. I was getting ready to lift the blanket up when I heard footsteps from behind me, I turned around and my grandmother was standing by the doorway telling me to go stay with her, when I turned back around there was nothing left.

whoa spooky!!!

tooney

« Reply #367 on: February 11, 2009, 04:24:06 PM »
this happen to me like about 3 month ago, i was alseep and i woke up in the middle of the night wanting to go piss but i was too lazy so i hold in and sleep again..:D....and then i had a dream that i was somewhere strange and i need to piss but no matter how much i piss its not enough and then i woke but like have way asleep and then it happen...i felt something a present of something behind me because i was sleeping with my  face to the wall and away from the door..i try to get up and bam it was nothing..heheh j.ks....but anyways i try to get up and it push me back down and i was sat for hell of a long time dude and at the sametime i feel like i still need to piss so try an try and try then i was free like 10 min later shit man...so i ran to  the bath room and piss for another hell of long time and itwas 3 something i remeber cuz i had a text..idk why..and thing it hit and i realize i just got sat on..so all i gos bumps in my body stand out like it the temperture was below 0..my hair was like all up and feelin funny..so i got hell of scared and made a run to my bed but then i was thrusting of water so i rub it off and went down stair for water...and then i had a chill and i was like wat ever...i got a glass of water geting to water and the i feel a cold wind blow all my gosbunps in my body went up anf out again...i look back BAM ii saw a mistly figure and i froze and drop my glass and it slowly disappear like the was a wind current in the house blowing it away..O yeah i forgot to metion my mom is a shamanist so i think and i grab a sword and ran to sleep because i didnt want to wake anyone up..i was hell of scared yo...then the next day i told my mom and .............. tell u later

FORCE_MULTIPLIER

« Reply #368 on: February 12, 2009, 03:02:55 AM »
this happen to me like about 3 month ago, i was alseep and i woke up in the middle of the night wanting to go piss but i was too lazy so i hold in and sleep again..:D....and then i had a dream that i was somewhere strange and i need to piss but no matter how much i piss its not enough and then i woke but like have way asleep and then it happen...i felt something a present of something behind me because i was sleeping with my  face to the wall and away from the door..i try to get up and bam it was nothing..heheh j.ks....but anyways i try to get up and it push me back down and i was sat for hell of a long time dude and at the sametime i feel like i still need to piss so try an try and try then i was free like 10 min later shit man...so i ran to  the bath room and piss for another hell of long time and itwas 3 something i remeber cuz i had a text..idk why..and thing it hit and i realize i just got sat on..so all i gos bumps in my body stand out like it the temperture was below 0..my hair was like all up and feelin funny..so i got hell of scared and made a run to my bed but then i was thrusting of water so i rub it off and went down stair for water...and then i had a chill and i was like wat ever...i got a glass of water geting to water and the i feel a cold wind blow all my gosbunps in my body went up anf out again...i look back BAM ii saw a mistly figure and i froze and drop my glass and it slowly disappear like the was a wind current in the house blowing it away..O yeah i forgot to metion my mom is a shamanist so i think and i grab a sword and ran to sleep because i didnt want to wake anyone up..i was hell of scared yo...then the next day i told my mom and .............. tell u later

LOL

babieboitj

« Reply #369 on: February 12, 2009, 03:32:26 PM »
Hmong culture is based on shamanism and that ideal leads to many of the unknow mysteries of the world. including many of the unexplained phenomonon. well one of the ways hmong counter the unknown wandering spirit is to set up a altar in which it is the main station. For example the altar is like a CPU of a computer or a police station watching over the city for bad people like the bad spirits.  Well the altar is mainly made from paper money with stick figures drawn on it to resemble humans. the altar can be consist of one of two hanging on the wall or if you are a shaman with high prestige you may have a standing altar which will hold your spirits.  Most altars will face east and it is to clean up the bad spirits. Hmong famillies usually have an altar to proctect their house from evil spirits lurking from the dark shadow of the outside world. All doors are guarded by two security guards and they are believed to been sent directly from heaven and if they are attacked from evil doers then they can take them to court in heaven or perish them. but if a bad spirit is led in by a person in the house, inwhich it hides in the form of human, then the guards have not power to stop it.
lets move on to the door now.
familys who encountered ghosts may have wooded knifes hanging from their door to representing a spell. some may have red corns or tiger teeth because when a poj ntxooj sees tiger teeth they know not to mess with their grandpa.

All of these are the works of spirit guards but like in the real world we still have to pay our workers. so what we do it during the new year we pay tributes to them by renewing our vows and giveing them money and food. good luck you guys. hope everyone have one especially those who still carry on the old ways.

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 12, 2009, 05:31:26 PM »
I work at a hospital & late at night where the OR is a lot of the security officers tell me its haunted.  In one instance they came upon this sink running in the OR.   They shut it off & immediately after they turned it off & turned around it turns on(keep in mind they've only turned around & haven't even started to walk yet.).  One encounter, an officer went into the OR with no lights on & only had a flash light.  He could hear through the door into the waiting room a toddler playing with his/her parent/guardian.  The building was closed, no lights & officers usually do rounds @ 2am.  That officer turned around & just left, never finished his round.  Another encounter was with 2 officers.  They had just got off the elevator & one was following the other.  In the reflection of the window in front of them right off the elevator the first officer saw a black figure pass behind them.  He immediately froze & without even turning around asked the other officer which was behind him,"Did you see that? Something just passed behind us."  The officer replied,"No I didn't see it I felt it pass behind me." The officer behind was looking down when it happened so he didn't see the figure but felt it pass behind him.  They both put 2 & 2 together & just left.  8 floor building & the just took off.  hahahaha....  Anyhow I have more from the hospital, but don't wanna bore ya...

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Havocrazy

« Reply #371 on: February 12, 2009, 10:33:01 PM »
That's some stories!. I also heard from the old people once that back in Laos they use to put an alter in the chicken coop too so the hairy creature won't go bother it.

Here's a story I heard while attending a funeral home awhile back. A young Hmong man who loved chicken fighting. He liked it so much that sometime even when it's completely dark outside, he'll go to the coop and check up on his roosters with just a flashlight. His wife hated the chickens so much so he'd gotten her a border collie to quite her down because she like dogs. As time went by, all of a sudden something kept plucking his chicken naked or bruise the chicken to where it can't walk. So one night while his wife was away, he put the little dog out there and suddenly that little dog kept running around the chicken coop barking, running and barking. At first he only see the dog running around the coop, he could hear the dog's bark going away around from one corner to the other than back toward him and than around again. He didn't know what was going on but it looked like the dog is chasing something. So he got an idea, he thought "if I stand right here where the dog is going to be running to when he comes back from around the corner, see if he is chasing something or if he just running around". And than finally the dog's bark came closer and closer, he held the flashlight right in front of him while he wait. Than from the corner came running toward him was a two foot tall white hairy human looking with a bright red monkey face, the creature stop right about five feet from him, looked at him than when the dog turn the corner the creature turn and ran into the woods and dog went after it but came back shortly after. After that night, when ever he goes to the coop, he'll take the dog with him and ever since than his chicken's been doing good.

FORCE_MULTIPLIER

« Reply #372 on: February 13, 2009, 11:29:11 AM »
That's some stories!. I also heard from the old people once that back in Laos they use to put an alter in the chicken coop too so the hairy creature won't go bother it.

Here's a story I heard while attending a funeral home awhile back. A young Hmong man who loved chicken fighting. He liked it so much that sometime even when it's completely dark outside, he'll go to the coop and check up on his roosters with just a flashlight. His wife hated the chickens so much so he'd gotten her a border collie to quite her down because she like dogs. As time went by, all of a sudden something kept plucking his chicken naked or bruise the chicken to where it can't walk. So one night while his wife was away, he put the little dog out there and suddenly that little dog kept running around the chicken coop barking, running and barking. At first he only see the dog running around the coop, he could hear the dog's bark going away around from one corner to the other than back toward him and than around again. He didn't know what was going on but it looked like the dog is chasing something. So he got an idea, he thought "if I stand right here where the dog is going to be running to when he comes back from around the corner, see if he is chasing something or if he just running around". And than finally the dog's bark came closer and closer, he held the flashlight right in front of him while he wait. Than from the corner came running toward him was a two foot tall white hairy human looking with a bright red monkey face, the creature stop right about five feet from him, looked at him than when the dog turn the corner the creature turn and ran into the woods and dog went after it but came back shortly after. After that night, when ever he goes to the coop, he'll take the dog with him and ever since than his chicken's been doing good.

That's it?  I would've shot that thing already.  I've shot wild cats and fox like that.  My Mom's got chicken coops in the countryside.  Everytime hoping it was a creature like yours.   Those things only be around Hmong People. 

« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 11:11:55 PM by FORCE_MULTIPLIER »

Gatorade_Guy

« Reply #373 on: February 13, 2009, 02:37:01 PM »
wow. you shot a fearsome tiger there. congrats.

WeirdUnda

« Reply #374 on: February 13, 2009, 09:51:22 PM »
more stories

Advertisements