Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590419 times)

mlor

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #375 on: February 13, 2009, 10:45:22 PM »
Eeek! That picture reminds me of the stories where Hmong guys shot at tigers/cats and then they got sick and died -_-;

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

FORCE_MULTIPLIER

« Reply #376 on: February 13, 2009, 11:08:26 PM »
you cursed me. 

« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 11:10:10 PM by FORCE_MULTIPLIER »

mlor

« Reply #377 on: February 13, 2009, 11:17:06 PM »
Well, since you're alive, it probably won't happen to you. But better ask the ancestors to bless you before you shoot, the males in my family do that and they always bring home huge kill.

hmongrl123

« Reply #378 on: February 14, 2009, 08:10:56 PM »
If you're telling your parents' stories, I have so many to tell I don't even know where to start. :D

hmongrl123

« Reply #379 on: February 14, 2009, 08:13:27 PM »
That's some stories!. I also heard from the old people once that back in Laos they use to put an alter in the chicken coop too so the hairy creature won't go bother it.

Here's a story I heard while attending a funeral home awhile back. A young Hmong man who loved chicken fighting. He liked it so much that sometime even when it's completely dark outside, he'll go to the coop and check up on his roosters with just a flashlight. His wife hated the chickens so much so he'd gotten her a border collie to quite her down because she like dogs. As time went by, all of a sudden something kept plucking his chicken naked or bruise the chicken to where it can't walk. So one night while his wife was away, he put the little dog out there and suddenly that little dog kept running around the chicken coop barking, running and barking. At first he only see the dog running around the coop, he could hear the dog's bark going away around from one corner to the other than back toward him and than around again. He didn't know what was going on but it looked like the dog is chasing something. So he got an idea, he thought "if I stand right here where the dog is going to be running to when he comes back from around the corner, see if he is chasing something or if he just running around". And than finally the dog's bark came closer and closer, he held the flashlight right in front of him while he wait. Than from the corner came running toward him was a two foot tall white hairy human looking with a bright red monkey face, the creature stop right about five feet from him, looked at him than when the dog turn the corner the creature turn and ran into the woods and dog went after it but came back shortly after. After that night, when ever he goes to the coop, he'll take the dog with him and ever since than his chicken's been doing good.

As the Mexican says it... "chupacabra" hahaha...

TheFemaleOutlaw

« Reply #380 on: February 14, 2009, 08:25:03 PM »
This Hmong family had just moved into a new house and they were trying to potty-train their 3 year old but the little boy would cry everytime he was near the toilet and/or whenever his parents put him on it.  They were confused as to why he never wanted to sit on the toilet because he was doing fine at their old house.  One day, the mom had had enough so she sat the boy down on the toilet for a few minutes even though he was crying his head off.  When she took him off, he pointed to his butt and said that it hurted.  She checked out his butt and found that there were bite marks all over his butt.  They didn't know what happened so they ua neeg and found out that the previous owner had killed his wife and threw her head into the toilet!  They quickly moved out of the house when they found out what had happened.

Scary, but devastating. Awkward how everytime a Shaman sets off to work and ua neeb, they end up seeing things of all sorts.

FORCE_MULTIPLIER

« Reply #381 on: February 14, 2009, 09:55:00 PM »
As the Mexican says it... "chupacabra" hahaha...

Chupacabra is just a hairless blood sucking dog.

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 15, 2009, 09:23:32 AM »
Gila monster.  :D

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

mlor

« Reply #383 on: February 15, 2009, 01:11:55 PM »
This one is from my childhood.

When I was a kid, a cousin went to Laos and brought us back a video. I used to watch tons of movies with my mom so when she and the cousin were watching it, my mom was like, "Wah! You taped the funeral?!" My cousin was like, "Yeah, I've never seen one like this."

What she meant was that she had never seen a funeral conducted inside a house before. Then my mom went on to say that before we came to America, my father's clan used to do that: hold the funeral in the house and then bury the dead body in the house too. My mom also said we stopped doing it in the house because sometimes when the person died, they would come back alive at night to eat . . . And then be dead again at night. My mom said sometimes you'd hear moaning and crying come from the bodies and see tears as well :X

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 15, 2009, 03:31:56 PM »
^ thats sum scurry sheit!

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

TheFemaleOutlaw

« Reply #385 on: February 15, 2009, 03:40:54 PM »
Brings back an old story I was told a while ago, happened years ago back overseas. A young lady died and they conducted her funeral inside of her home. When they tried to take her body outside so they can have a burial for her, her hands were sticking out and they couldn't take her outside of the doors because the family's threshold was too narrow. It didn't matter how they positioned her body, they couldn't move it outside.

It was awkward to them because they couldn't understand how they were able to get her body inside and not outside. They had their Shaman look into it and they found out she didn't want to leave her home even if she was dead. They burned incense sticks and gave her more offerings for a safe trip that she must take in the afterlife. When the Shaman finished, they were able to move her body easily through the doors so they can bury her. Everyone was so baffled and frightened.

Some of the strangest things happen.

Havocrazy

« Reply #386 on: February 15, 2009, 09:01:10 PM »
you guys ever heard about the black cat that sit on chickens, yeah!, a guy show one sitting on his chicken one morning so he went over to it with a stick and hit it and nothing happened except that the cat grow a little bigger, he hit it again and again a little bigger, he kept hitting it until it was the size of a panther than he took off running inside his house, couple months later he went out the garage and there were big tiger foot prints all over his car

babieboitj

« Reply #387 on: February 18, 2009, 03:09:53 PM »
my friends,
don't think it is easy to kill a ghoul and get away easily. an eye for an eye. if you killed a cat and that cat is a spirit then it's family will do harm to you. so good luck. that is the reason why when shamans do neeg they do know kill the spirit. they neogiate with them using money and other ways. that is why shamanism is so effective.

there was a case in the oregon because the city had built a train station under indian burial ground and people started dying from freaked accidents. so they called all the spirit healers and no one did the trick because noone really talked to them. so they called the shaman guy and he talked to the spirits and after a couple of hours they finally wanted to neogiate. he gave them money and chickens as offerings and they accept.
the hmong translator for the shaman said that "from this day on, there shall be no more blood shed".

mlor

« Reply #388 on: February 18, 2009, 05:21:23 PM »
^ So true! Happened to my uncle and his family. He killed a tiger and then his son died and the shaman said it was because he shot the tiger and the tiger was not supposed to be killed. They kept it all hush hush 'til a few years ago :X

I have this friend and both of her parents are shamans. Everytime I visit, I get freaked out 'cus their family altar is HUGE, covers like half the wall of the living room, and is overwhelmed in white paper money and red string cloth. Gives me the shivers everytime I see it 'cus I can feel the power emanating from that altar :X

Havocrazy

« Reply #389 on: February 18, 2009, 07:52:20 PM »
Listen to me, I've got a ghost story so scary to tell it'll make you pee, it make you believed that there's more out there than just you and me. Uh, here I go, this one family just moved into the neighborhood of north side sac town and on that very same day one of there relative went out hunting and shot a buck down. The family were invited to go eat the meat and after they've arrived back home it looked like someone had knock off there house phone and the doors are locked but they didn't think much 'cause they didn't really believed in such. For the rest of the week the wife keep having weird dreams of her fighting with someone looking like herself, she explained it to her husband but he just didn't really seem to care so she kind of lost hope for help. Until one day it looked like as if someone or something had eating some part of her kid's teddy bear so she got really scare and called up a shaman dude who claim to had no fear of the paranormal to come see if he can figure out what's up with all the hassle and her crazy nightmares. FINISH LATER . . .

Advertisements