Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590497 times)

iSpink

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #435 on: February 24, 2009, 01:42:34 PM »
someone please try this and get back to us... if you ever make it! eeks

I nominate you. ;)

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

fruity

« Reply #436 on: February 24, 2009, 02:57:11 PM »
I nominate you. ;)

nah, i'm too chicken.

Jena

« Reply #437 on: February 24, 2009, 06:47:59 PM »
Gosh such spooky stories, but I keep coming back for more!  :D :D :D

« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 09:46:05 AM by Jena »

hmongrl123

« Reply #438 on: February 24, 2009, 07:20:29 PM »
my friends,
don't think it is easy to kill a ghoul and get away easily. an eye for an eye. if you killed a cat and that cat is a spirit then it's family will do harm to you. so good luck. that is the reason why when shamans do neeg they do know kill the spirit. they neogiate with them using money and other ways. that is why shamanism is so effective.

there was a case in the oregon because the city had built a train station under indian burial ground and people started dying from freaked accidents. so they called all the spirit healers and no one did the trick because noone really talked to them. so they called the shaman guy and he talked to the spirits and after a couple of hours they finally wanted to neogiate. he gave them money and chickens as offerings and they accept.
the hmong translator for the shaman said that "from this day on, there shall be no more blood shed".

Hahaha... Yeah, that shaman guy is my sister's father-in-law. Hahaha... Ridiculously funny.

iSpink

« Reply #439 on: February 24, 2009, 07:43:50 PM »
nah, i'm too chicken.

awwws... how about me and you do it then? lol

Havocrazy

« Reply #440 on: February 24, 2009, 10:18:57 PM »
The rice thing?, I'm not really sure on it either. But here's a story I heard awhile back when me and my family first arrive into NC. We came to stay with some cousins for awhile and than my parents were looking for a place to rent for us. I remember some Hmong people at a Hmong store telling my parents to be careful and not to go rent those houses near that one McDonald (not telling exactly where). They said that some Hmong people who first moved to NC went to look at those houses (not even renting it yet, just checking it out). The white dude, who is the manager stayed outside and wait while the Hmong people went inside to take a peek at the place. The Hmong walked in and immediately they heard little kids talking and laughing from room to room, than instead of being quite one of them said "this place must be have ghost". All of a sudden rocks and sticks started flying out of nowhere and hitting them, they ran out all scare and didn't even said bye to the white dude. I drive pass those houses every now and than and people still lived there, I wonder if anything happened to them.

Havocrazy

« Reply #441 on: February 24, 2009, 10:37:27 PM »
I heard a lot of young Hmong teenagers talked about a haunted bridge here in NC. They said that when you are the only car driving pass that bridge late a night, than you'll be more than likely to encounter something you don't want to witness.

Some Hmong boys was talking about the location one day and one of them decided he was tough and was going to proof to his friend that ghost don't exist. He took three of his good friend with him one night to the place and parked his car right in the middle of the bridge, opened all his windows, turn off his car, took out his key and throw them on top of the car. "See, there's no ghost guys" he tease his buddies. "Look, I'll even call for it", he put both his hand around his mouth and yelled out the car "Hey ghost!, we're here to see you, show yourself to us if you're real". It didn't take long, he yelled than same sentence three more times and all of a sudden fogs started growing around the bridge and it got so thick they can hardly see more than ten feet. Than right in front the car was two people, a girl and a boy all mud up and bloody everywhere just standing there. The tough guy reach out for his key on top of his car but can't find it, he tried to close the windows but his car was electronic locks. Than one his friend, the one on the passenger side claim up out of the window and grab his key from the top of the car and handed to him in a hurry. He was so scare, his hand was shaking so bad he couldn't put ii the key right. Finally got the car started and the windows close but he couldn't see anything outside except for the ghosts so he didn't know what to do. His friend on the passenger side than roll down his window and started apologizing to the ghost for disturbing them and that they've learned their lesson and will not bother the ghosts again. Than the ghost vanished, and the fog disappear and they made their way home.

After that story, a lot of young Hmong tried the ritual. Some failed but many witness the legend it hold at that area, I was going to try it one time with my friends but than chicken out or should I said smart out.

Havocrazy

« Reply #442 on: February 24, 2009, 11:05:55 PM »
The more prettier a girl is, the most unfaithful she'll be that's what I use to hear people tried telling me. Tell me, it's not true and let me know it's not real that hot babe don't really care about how us lonely boy feel. Why when us young exciting Hmong man see pretty woman walking down the street, even if it's in the middle of the night we'll try to roll by with our cool mood attitude with our window down and our system up. Picking up the hot chick without even thinking twice, only thing on our dirty mind is all kind of dirty tricks on how to get chick to get into our sup-up ride.

Havocrazy

« Reply #443 on: February 24, 2009, 11:06:55 PM »
Sorry guys!, I like rap and just decided to rhyme one out for the brothers right quick.

TigerBite

« Reply #444 on: February 25, 2009, 07:13:59 AM »
i can agree about them thriving on fear.
ive had those happen to me too...where i cant move...i dont understand it and why they do it though...after a while i got used to it and it was just annoying...now im ok.
but yea good luck tho...you should become a ghostbuster  ;)

lmao same here, i thought i was the only one.  i sometimes i just fall back to sleep. HAHA in Yo face ghost.

babieboitj

« Reply #445 on: February 25, 2009, 10:34:05 AM »
For all you homebuyers or rentees who wants to try the rice ritual, well it's not that hard nor simple but it is a process you will have to see to be able to do it. You can't just dig a hole and put rice in it then wait for tommorow. it's not that easy. There are many steps to make it work.
I would suggest you do research on the house before you buy especially if they are older then 50 yrs old.  But if you come a cross one of those houses where it draws you into it then i suggest you get the info because many real estate agencts will not tell you the history.
This is what i mean. ex. if you drive down sunset blvd. and you see a whole bunch of houses for sale and the one that draws you the most is a pink house then that doesn't make it suspicious, but if after you check out all those houses and no house suits your satisfaction.  And you drive off somehwere to  cool down and see a house that seem like it's FOGGing up your vision or memories then that house if trying to call you in.

there are two kinds of house.
The house that is haunted and you accidentally move in without knowing
The second is the house you were always meant to come back to.

But back to the rice ritual.
You should always take an elderly to go with you when house shopping because they will point out the bad and the good. remembered they have eat more spoons than you have so they will know more.
My old man said to me that the rice ritual is good because you will call out the spirits or entity that lives in the house or around it to respond to your question.
This is the question or phrases you should recite.
"oh today is good day, tonite is good night, we got eggs, we got chickens to"...haha j/kiddin...
here is what you should say but in hmong

"Today i've come here to seek a new house and a new land for my family to live. i want peace and justice for my family to live. i want my family to live in peace without sick or illiness. Today i want to call forth the spirits or the unknown entity that may rest in this land or house to come fort and tell me whether this is a good place for my family. If you don't think or want me to live here then let me know so i wouldn't live here. Let me know so i would bother you and give me a sign"

the next day or so come back to see the hole and if the rice jumped out or move to another spot then you know the place is not good for your family.

anyone want more info pm me for the whole ritual.

sassychick

« Reply #446 on: February 25, 2009, 12:28:07 PM »
over the weekend my family got together and we, well the women, were going to make keng--i can't spell it in hmong--curry chicken. my sister and i were in the kitchen, i would say we were about a feet apart from each other and we weren't facing one another, she was at the stove stirring the coconut mix and i was at the counter cutting up chicken and veggies. we talked a little and laughed a little and then there was silence. after a couple of moments she called out my name and i answered yea....yea...a b tsis na ha. No answer, so i turned around and she was still there stirring. i tapped her shoulder and asked " you called my name, is something wrong with the mix?" she looked at me all confused and said " ah kuv tsis tau hais koj as, i been stirring this mix." i was like watever don't try to freak me out. you said my name and i answered you like a couple of times. and she said " look i swear on dads grave and anybody we know that i didn't call your name." we both looked at each other and ran outta da kitchen....i almost peed myself...lol :o :o :o

winter93

« Reply #447 on: February 25, 2009, 02:04:49 PM »
For all you homebuyers or rentees who wants to try the rice ritual, well it's not that hard nor simple but it is a process you will have to see to be able to do it. You can't just dig a hole and put rice in it then wait for tommorow. it's not that easy. There are many steps to make it work.
I would suggest you do research on the house before you buy especially if they are older then 50 yrs old.  But if you come a cross one of those houses where it draws you into it then i suggest you get the info because many real estate agencts will not tell you the history.
This is what i mean. ex. if you drive down sunset blvd. and you see a whole bunch of houses for sale and the one that draws you the most is a pink house then that doesn't make it suspicious, but if after you check out all those houses and no house suits your satisfaction.  And you drive off somehwere to  cool down and see a house that seem like it's FOGGing up your vision or memories then that house if trying to call you in.

You should always take an elderly to go with you when house shopping because they will point out the bad and the good. remembered they have eat more spoons than you have so they will know more.
My old man said to me that the rice ritual is good because you will call out the spirits or entity that lives in the house or around it to respond to your question.
"oh today is good day, tonite is good night, we got eggs, we got chickens to"...haha j/kiddin...

"Today i've come here to seek a new house and a new land for my family to live. i want peace and justice for my family to live. i want my family to live in peace without sick or illiness. Today i want to call forth the spirits or the unknown entity that may rest in this land or house to come fort and tell me whether this is a good place for my family. If you don't think or want me to live here then let me know so i wouldn't live here. Let me know so i would bother you and give me a sign"

the next day or so come back to see the hole and if the rice jumped out or move to another spot then you know the place is not good for your family.

Thanks for the info. on the rice thing.  I should of done this when I brought my house.  The house I brought was over 50 years old, I did ask if anyone has pass away in the home, but was told no.  But I swear the house was haunted.  It only happens in my daughter's bedroom.  One night my youngest daughter woke up crying and said that she saw a monster.  After that night she slept with me and wouldn't want to sleep in her bed anymore.  Their TV in the bedroom would turn off and on.  Soon my other daughter refused to sleep in that bedroom.  So they ended up changing rooms with my brother in law.  He was hardly home at night but he said he got sleep on a couple of times.  We were suppose to do neeg for the house last year, but we decide to give up your home... foreclosure... One time my sister in law was using the computer near my daugter's bedroom and she swear she saw a girl going into the bedroom and got up and follow it inside thinking it was my daughter, but no one was inside the bedroom.

fruity

« Reply #448 on: February 25, 2009, 03:14:24 PM »
i got home from work late one day and i was tired so i went straight to bed.. suddenly i felt something on the bed and then like some kid was jumping up and down very rapidly all over me.. i got up and was wide awake after that. that was my second encounter.. i'll tell my first another time.

fruity

« Reply #449 on: February 25, 2009, 03:17:24 PM »

very interesting... has anyone ever tried this and to find out that the rice was moved or poured all over the floor? yikes that'll be freakin scary!! or what if some kid was up to no good and moved it or spilled it? then what?

Advertisements