Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590425 times)

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #495 on: March 05, 2009, 04:44:21 PM »
One day I saw a ghost & it was asking me for candy!  Out of all things, CANDY?  But then I realized, SH|T its Halloween.  Ever since then I've been scarred fo life niggie, fo life!

Like this post: 0
GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Adverstisement

Cheetos

« Reply #496 on: March 05, 2009, 06:45:37 PM »
genuinely - isn't that Hansel and Gretel....

1txojsia

« Reply #497 on: March 05, 2009, 09:12:44 PM »
why did daddy leave them in the jungle? Did he not like them and wanted them gone?

here's a ghost story,

a long time in laos, there were these two siblings, a brother and sister. the brother's name was tou. and the sister's name was mai. they were from a poor and big family. their parents couldn't afford to buy enough food for the entire family, so one day their father asked tou and mai to go cut firewood with him. they went deep into the jungle where the big trees were. there dad told them to stay there while he went to cut wood. he gave them each a hmong bun. so they waited. minutes turned to hours. hours soon became night. seemed their father wasn't coming to get them anymore. so they decided to go wander to find their way home. but they couldn't. instead they came across this house made of candy, dried pork skin, sticky rice, etc. they went and started eating the house. an old lady riding on a tiger heard them and came out to see. she found them...and was delighted for she loved to eat children. she invited them in and offered them more food. after the children ate, they decided to nap. while they were napping, the old ugly jungle lady sharpened her hmong knife preparing to kill them. the boy got a bad a dream and woke up just as the old lady was approaching him and his sister's bed with the knife. he threw a big rice bun at her face, which happened to have a bone in it, blinding the old lady in one eye. he grabbed his sister and they ran out the house. fortunately, the brother was leaving a trail of rice bun cake crumbs when they were looking for their way out the forest incase they had to return back to the same spot. so they followed their way back to where their father left them. an eagle soaring in the sky, sent by a magical shaman that also lived in the forest came and picked them up and flew them back home. when they got home their parents were shocked they were alive and were glad but then worried again. they told their parents of the old lady. so their dad went to the forest with them and killed the old lady and robbed her home. then the family lived happily ever after.

TRUE STORY.

Gatorade_Guy

« Reply #498 on: March 06, 2009, 08:10:54 AM »
genuinely - isn't that Hansel and Gretel....

true story from ban vinai, an old frog told it to me.

Gatorade_Guy

« Reply #499 on: March 06, 2009, 08:11:38 AM »
why did daddy leave them in the jungle? Did he not like them and wanted them gone?

he left them in the jungle cuz he couldn't afford to feed all his kids. and since they were the older ones, he and the wife figured they could fend for themselves.

Gatorade_Guy

« Reply #500 on: March 06, 2009, 08:31:14 AM »
a long time ago in luang pra bang, back in the time of queens and king. there were three lao brothers, mor lam, lavong, and luktung. mor lam was the oldest of the three brother and also the laziest. he was kind of sloppy and did just enough work and chores to afford food and get by. lavong was the middle brother, he was smarter than mor lam and so he was efficient. everything he did was just ok though. everything he did wasn't crap quality nor was it excellent quality. i guess you'd call him an average guy. the third and youngest brother luktung was the brightest of the three, a true genius. everything he did, he did his best. now i forgot these three brothers lived with their parents but were getting too old and so their parents decided to kick them out of the house. at first these brothers tried living together but their personalities were so different that they they decided it was best that they lived separately.

mor lam found a spot and built his house of grass. it was easy to use grass. grass was plentiful and all he really needed was some sort of a shelter. lavong built his house of sticks, which he thought was  sturdy enough to withstand the wind and provide enough security. easy to haul, after all the jungle was just next door. now the third brother, luktung. he built his house out of rocks. he thought grass couldn't withstand the wind and sticks would burn too easily. rocks were hard to find but it would make his house last longer.

one night, a mos hlub or big foot came around cuz he smelled human flesh and was hungry. he went to mor lam's grass house and sneezed because the pollen from the grass made his nose itch and the house fell apart. he find the fat mor lam in there with only underpants on and gobbled him up. now big foot was a big creature, like 10 feet tall, and had the stomach of 5 elephants. so one person wasn't gonna fill him up. he looked around and saw a dim light, lighting another lonely house in the distance. it was the house of lavong. he decided to go there. when he got there mor lam's flesh had given him gas, so he let out a big fart and somehow the gas mixed with the lantern that lavong had on and it burned down his house. big foot grabbed lavong and roasted him in the flames and then gobbled him up too. by now big foot was full but was still not happy cuz he needed desert. so he looked around and saw third brother luktung's house. heard a tv blaring, so he decided to go see if there was good dessert.

when he got to luktung's house. he noticed that luktung had planted some pretty flowers, but they were the kind he was allergic to. so he sneezed twice. but the house didn't fall. with the two brothers in the belly, he farted three times, but nothing happened to the house. he decided to just knock on the door and when luktung came out, he'd just grab him. so he knocked on the rock door, luktung peered out and saw big foot, so he climbed to the roof of his house and dropped a huge rock on big foot's head, squishing it's head and killing it instantly.

the next day luktung found out that his brothers had been killed by big foot. so sad by this news, he decided  to move to america and start his own band playing lavong, mor lam, and luktung songs in honor of his brothers. this was how loso was formed.

the end.

true story!

« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 01:55:51 PM by genuinely »

starbucks

« Reply #501 on: March 07, 2009, 10:36:39 AM »
When my cousin married his wife (a widow), he would experience paranormal sightings all the time. Every morning when she left for work, immediately after she left the house and my cousin heard the front door close a foul odor would swoop into the house. Then he would see a dark solid figure crawl into the bedroom, shivering, and groaning. It always came to tsuam nws. Since they were living in the house that she had bought with her late husband, it was said that the apparition was her deceased husband.

I remember how scared my cousin was that a grown man such as he was in tears as he confided in my father. Obviously, something very real and terrifying was torturing him because I had never seen my cousin this way. He's an orphan and has always lived by himself in peace.

The church came to pray - because his wife was also a Christian - but the thing still kept on torturing him. My father suggested our sister-in-law, his wife, explain nicely to her deceased husband that she had a new life and he needs to go away in peace.

I don't know exactly whatever happened after that because we didn't hear them talk about it anymore.

starbucks

« Reply #502 on: March 07, 2009, 10:51:33 AM »
For some people it's really difficult to believe that these things can happen. Most of the time they think the experience must be similar to that of watching a scary movie. But it's definitely NOT. Like someone already pointed out, it will make even the bravest, bad-ass grown man cry. Plus, these experiences happen so unexpectedly - the really scary ones, that is. It's not like the person was already having creepy thoughts in which it could be the mind playing tricks.

Thankfully I've never actually visually seen anything but I know people who have. I don't even want to imagine what it was like. These people become so distraught that they're not even the same person anymore because they are consumed with fear. It shows in their face and wears down their health.

Recently, we have a close family friend who is experiencing ghostly hauntings in his home. Now this man holds a professional career and has a reputable name. He's not the type who would make up this kind of stuff for attention. It turns out the house he bought is haunted and the very reason why the previous owners were looking to get rid of it. I just felt the house was out of place the first time we visited. Didn't get good vibes at all. But of course, we didn't know it was haunted at that time. Then one morning he calls us up and says for us to go join his Shamanistic gathering. I assumed it was because he was sick or something. Later that day after we were on our way home, my hubby asked me if I knew why they were doing "neeb". I told him "isn't it because [insert] hasn't been feeling well?"

My hubby said, no, it was because their house is deeply haunted. This had been going on since they moved in not too long ago and they've already had two Shamanistic ceremonies to rid of the spirits. But apparently, some are still lingering around.

sassychick

« Reply #503 on: March 09, 2009, 08:32:47 AM »
This happened to my sister. We did a tso plig for my step father a couple months after he passed away, when all of the guest left, my sisters and I cleaned up. We were both downstairs cleaning, I left her by herself to go grab the dishes from upstairs. While down there alone she heard someone call her name once, she looked around and there wasn't anyone. She went back to cleaning and then she heard her name again, she turned around to look but saw an empty room, she thought maybe she's just thinking too much, she crouched down and started to pack my mothers dishes away and heard her name one last time, as soon as she heard it she stormed up the stairs and told my mom what happened. my mom told her not to answer if it ever happens again, don't know the reason why you shouldn't answer though.  :o :o :o

Havocrazy

« Reply #504 on: March 09, 2009, 05:31:10 PM »
Yeah!, the old Gs always advice not to answer anyone while you're in the woods. I heard that once a upon a time back in our home land, there where this one young man traveling to find him a wife from village to village. One day while making his way through a quiet and dark forest, from a distance he could hear a voice of a young Hmong girl singing. He got curious and follow it, as he get closer to it he could hear the words clearly. And it said that she's lonely and sad and want a boyfriend to talk to. He got excited and when she pause, he sing answering her melody. He sing asking her what's her name, where she's from, why she's in the wood, and all that MTT macking stuff. She sing back to him and ask him to come meet her. As he got closer, he started hearing a click sound like she's hitting a stick on the tree. He told her to keep singing and he'll follow it to her location, she did and when he got to the area the clicking became louder. He didn't said anything than, he didn't want the girl to see him first so he try to sneak peak before answering her again. He was looking around to see where she's at while she keep asking him is he there yet. Every time she speak, the clicking sound will go along with it. Than from a short distance he saw what look like a woodpecker pecking on a tree. Than he realize that when the girl speak, the thing moved and it'll make the clicking sound. Than he looked again and it started to look like a jaw bone of a person on a tree, and that's where the voice was coming from. Just than it spotted him and ask him to get closer but he got scare and took off running. The whole way while he was running, the voice right behind asking him why is he running. Until he ran into a village.

1txojsia

« Reply #505 on: March 09, 2009, 06:46:45 PM »
they say if you answer them, you agree for them to take you with them.

This happened to my sister. We did a tso plig for my step father a couple months after he passed away, when all of the guest left, my sisters and I cleaned up. We were both downstairs cleaning, I left her by herself to go grab the dishes from upstairs. While down there alone she heard someone call her name once, she looked around and there wasn't anyone. She went back to cleaning and then she heard her name again, she turned around to look but saw an empty room, she thought maybe she's just thinking too much, she crouched down and started to pack my mothers dishes away and heard her name one last time, as soon as she heard it she stormed up the stairs and told my mom what happened. my mom told her not to answer if it ever happens again, don't know the reason why you shouldn't answer though.  :o :o :o

1txojsia

« Reply #506 on: March 09, 2009, 06:53:44 PM »
when i was about 11-12 years old, my mom and I would farm on meeka's farm for cash (ua zog). One sunny day we were picking something, i forgot what it was but we were on our knees picking them. It was about noon. My mom and I were next to each other. Suddenly I heard someone called my name once. I looked around and there was no one else but my mom. We were face to face and I knew it wasn't my mom calling me. I went back to picking again. Then it called me again. I guess after the third call, I asked my mom if she hear anyone calling my name cause i keep hearing someone calling my name. She said no. Then she asked if I could hear an airplane flying (an airplane happened to be flying over us). I said "yes mom. I can hear the plane." She said "it's probably nothing''. So we went back to picking and i didn't hear it anymore

Years later, I overheard my mom while she was chatting with her g/f. She told them about that particular day I kept hearing someone calling my name. She said I scared her but she tried to stay calm.

Gatorade_Guy

« Reply #507 on: March 10, 2009, 09:13:23 AM »
For some people it's really difficult to believe that these things can happen. Most of the time they think the experience must be similar to that of watching a scary movie. But it's definitely NOT. Like someone already pointed out, it will make even the bravest, bad-ass grown man cry. Plus, these experiences happen so unexpectedly - the really scary ones, that is. It's not like the person was already having creepy thoughts in which it could be the mind playing tricks.

Thankfully I've never actually visually seen anything but I know people who have. I don't even want to imagine what it was like. These people become so distraught that they're not even the same person anymore because they are consumed with fear. It shows in their face and wears down their health.

Recently, we have a close family friend who is experiencing ghostly hauntings in his home. Now this man holds a professional career and has a reputable name. He's not the type who would make up this kind of stuff for attention. It turns out the house he bought is haunted and the very reason why the previous owners were looking to get rid of it. I just felt the house was out of place the first time we visited. Didn't get good vibes at all. But of course, we didn't know it was haunted at that time. Then one morning he calls us up and says for us to go join his Shamanistic gathering. I assumed it was because he was sick or something. Later that day after we were on our way home, my hubby asked me if I knew why they were doing "neeb". I told him "isn't it because [insert] hasn't been feeling well?"

My hubby said, no, it was because their house is deeply haunted. This had been going on since they moved in not too long ago and they've already had two Shamanistic ceremonies to rid of the spirits. But apparently, some are still lingering around.

lol. i liked the part about he's a professional with a reputable name. so that makes him credible. LOL!  ;D

(gigolow)

« Reply #508 on: March 10, 2009, 09:32:17 AM »
yog neb hais lus hmoob. ntsej neb cov "DAB NEEG" haij yuas txhaus ntsais!!!  :o

Offline lost_forever

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 10, 2009, 12:12:54 PM »
I was about 15 to 16 years old.  My brothers wanted to go fishing at this park that had a river and two big ponds.  So, it was a sunny friday, I drove my two brothers, and two cousins to the fishing park.  We were fishing and having fun throwing rocks in the water.  My youngest brother and I were together near the pond, while  my other brother and cousins were at the river.  We can't see each other because of the tall grass , and trees.  They were about 150  feet away. 

It was getting late so I told my younger brother to get the others.  He didn't go because it was too far.  So, I called out their names "  A, B, and C ..lets go home, its getting late"  I said that two times but they did not hear me.  We stayed for another two minutes and waited.  Since we did not hear them or see them coming, my brother and I decide to go to the car first.  Just when we walked passed the little bush on the right side.......... ...........we both heard two little boys say " I'm here...I'm here." ( heard them in hmong language ) The bush was small and could see through, so I looked from 10 ft away and there was noone there.  My brother and I ran as fast as we could to the car and wait for the others..

Advertisements