Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590330 times)

Offline lost_forever

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #510 on: March 10, 2009, 12:24:53 PM »
I had a nightmare couple years ago.  Still remember it clearly.  I was sleeping in my uncle's daughter bedroom.  I was dreaming but not fully sleeping.  My eyes could still see in the dark.  You know, when its dark your eyes can see dark objects.  Well, my eyes were closed , but I felt a big dark hand with long fingernails at edge of my bed.  It felt like someone was pulling my blanket from under.  Suddenly, I felt it on my foot, then I saw it moving closer and closer.  The dark hand kept crawling on my leg and up to my arm.  I thought I was going to die......lol.. ...I screamed so loud but nothing came out.   It got a hold of my shoulder and all I saw was a dark hand.  I twist and turn, trying to get away.  Finally, after couple seconds, it was gone.  I woke up with a scary whisper right next to my left ear.......

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

starbucks

« Reply #511 on: March 11, 2009, 12:27:46 AM »
lol. i liked the part about he's a professional with a reputable name. so that makes him credible. LOL!  ;D

Well wouldn't you like to think that your stories are credible?  ::) ::) ::)

Between you and him, I'd believe him first. In fact, the majority of people would believe him over you.

Don't hate now just because the Devil (like God) also choose to ignore you, too.  ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 12:29:28 AM by starbucks »

Gatorade_Guy

« Reply #512 on: March 11, 2009, 07:48:25 AM »
I had a nightmare couple years ago.  Still remember it clearly.  I was sleeping in my uncle's daughter bedroom.  I was dreaming but not fully sleeping.  My eyes could still see in the dark.  You know, when its dark your eyes can see dark objects.  Well, my eyes were closed , but I felt a big dark hand with long fingernails at edge of my bed.  It felt like someone was pulling my blanket from under.  Suddenly, I felt it on my foot, then I saw it moving closer and closer.  The dark hand kept crawling on my leg and up to my arm.  I thought I was going to die......lol.. ...I screamed so loud but nothing came out.   It got a hold of my shoulder and all I saw was a dark hand.  I twist and turn, trying to get away.  Finally, after couple seconds, it was gone.  I woke up with a scary whisper right next to my left ear.......

are u a girl? u sound like one. just curious.

Gatorade_Guy

« Reply #513 on: March 11, 2009, 07:53:39 AM »
Well wouldn't you like to think that your stories are credible?  ::) ::) ::)

Between you and him, I'd believe him first. In fact, the majority of people would believe him over you.

Don't hate now just because the Devil (like God) also choose to ignore you, too.  ;D ;D ;D

i saw that you edited yourself a few times. so u've finally decided on a comment for me.  :)

my stories are true. after all i am a professional charlatan and indeed, no name in PH is more reputable then someone who is named GENUINE.

have you tried praying?

i have no idea what your devil and GOD comment ignoring is about. too deep for me. LOL! much like your other arguments in debate forum.

starbucks

« Reply #514 on: March 11, 2009, 09:08:32 AM »
i saw that you edited yourself a few times. so u've finally decided on a comment for me.  :)

my stories are true. after all i am a professional charlatan and indeed, no name in PH is more reputable then someone who is named GENUINE.

have you tried praying?

i have no idea what your devil and GOD comment ignoring is about. too deep for me. LOL! much like your other arguments in debate forum.

Edited a couple of times? I added the second line because there was no sense to post the reminder as a second response. But I will agree on one thing, you are "genuinely" ignorant.

Gatorade_Guy

« Reply #515 on: March 11, 2009, 09:13:41 AM »
Edited a couple of times? I added the second line because there was no sense to post the reminder as a second response. But I will agree on one thing, you are "genuinely" ignorant.

you mean you agree with yourself?

can't you realize when you're dealing with someone far superior to you?

it's like the difference between cheap coffee and gourmet coffee. lol.

No regret

« Reply #516 on: March 11, 2009, 09:53:19 AM »
here's a clip to add along to your stories.  watch when  ur alone in the middle of night.

Offline T_Zing

• PH Regular
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 11, 2009, 10:49:28 AM »
If you answer a ghosts call, it will follow you.

No regret

« Reply #518 on: March 12, 2009, 12:51:25 AM »
I'm more of a scienctific person then a superstitious one...I don't really like to believe in ghost and spirits at all but when ever i think back to the time when both my cousin and I saw this ghost together at night when we're little.  I'll always be a believer.

Here's a true story:

My family lived in a house that was build over this unholy ground back in Laos.  The evil spirits there took one of my brother's life, before my dad was finally convinced by the incident and the Shaman person that we were living among demonic and evil spirits in that house. 

We were lured into that house by one my dad's friend.  We were new to the village, so he offered my dad and us to stayed with him and his family until we got a place of our own.  Then eventually he offered the house for free to my dad and said he's relocation and moving somewhere else.  Of course, my dad was overwhelm with delight and though how good of friend he was.  Until shitt started happening to my older brothers who were still very little at the time.  They'd have nightmares, see creepy things and creepy people around the house, both at night and during the day time.

I don't want to get too detail about it, but when one my older brother was going to die from all of these, he spoke to my mom while terribly sick in his bed with he's eyes closed.  He said something like he doesn't want to go with them.  And then a little while afterward, he died.  Probably just a coincident but after he'd already died, his body wouldn't grow cold at all, until my mom had to tell him to let go and get reincardinated into a new life.

Some people didn't believe what happened to us, they came and built their new house partially on that piece of ground.  They ended up losing about two or three of their family members.  All died from the same cause of sudden illness attack, horrible stomach upset and passed away within two days.

My mom eventually ran into my dad's friend some years later and confronted him.  He denied of ever intentionally luring us into his house.  And he even said, if he did may karma bestowed up him for doing so.  One of his wife died very shortly afterward...sh e committed suicide.  Or it could have been both of his wives, not sure.

« Reply #519 on: March 12, 2009, 07:23:52 AM »
WOW

Gatorade_Guy

« Reply #520 on: March 12, 2009, 08:13:32 AM »
I'm more of a scienctific person then a superstitious one...I don't really like to believe in ghost and spirits at all but when ever i think back to the time when both my cousin and I saw this ghost together at night when we're little.  I'll always be a believer.

Here's a true story:

My family lived in a house that was build over this unholy ground back in Laos.  The evil spirits there took one of my brother's life, before my dad was finally convinced by the incident and the Shaman person that we were living among demonic and evil spirits in that house. 

We were lured into that house by one my dad's friend.  We were new to the village, so he offered my dad and us to stayed with him and his family until we got a place of our own.  Then eventually he offered the house for free to my dad and said he's relocation and moving somewhere else.  Of course, my dad was overwhelm with delight and though how good of friend he was.  Until shitt started happening to my older brothers who were still very little at the time.  They'd have nightmares, see creepy things and creepy people around the house, both at night and during the day time.

I don't want to get too detail about it, but when one my older brother was going to die from all of these, he spoke to my mom while terribly sick in his bed with he's eyes closed.  He said something like he doesn't want to go with them.  And then a little while afterward, he died.  Probably just a coincident but after he'd already died, his body wouldn't grow cold at all, until my mom had to tell him to let go and get reincardinated into a new life.

Some people didn't believe what happened to us, they came and built their new house partially on that piece of ground.  They ended up losing about two or three of their family members.  All died from the same cause of sudden illness attack, horrible stomach upset and passed away within two days.

My mom eventually ran into my dad's friend some years later and confronted him.  He denied of ever intentionally luring us into his house.  And he even said, if he did may karma bestowed up him for doing so.  One of his wife died very shortly afterward...sh e committed suicide.  Or it could have been both of his wives, not sure.

question. why would your dad's supposed friend want to "lure" you guys to live in that house, especially for free? there were no gains for your dad's friends. i don't get it. it would make more sense to accuse the friend of some devious actions if he did somehow gain. in court cases, we usually call this motivation.

peas_n_queues

« Reply #521 on: March 12, 2009, 11:32:24 AM »
question. why would your dad's supposed friend want to "lure" you guys to live in that house, especially for free? there were no gains for your dad's friends. i don't get it. it would make more sense to accuse the friend of some devious actions if he did somehow gain. in court cases, we usually call this motivation.

some people are mean-mean.  Even if there is no "gain" per se, they gain when you lose... and for older generations losing a son is a big deal.

Gatorade_Guy

« Reply #522 on: March 12, 2009, 01:34:44 PM »
some people are mean-mean.  Even if there is no "gain" per se, they gain when you lose... and for older generations losing a son is a big deal.

yea but they were friends. her dad wouldn't call the guy a friend for no reason. or would he?

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 12, 2009, 03:47:49 PM »
Lure like how?  Lure is intended for trapping,.

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

No regret

« Reply #524 on: March 12, 2009, 04:19:46 PM »

Because those evil spirits are really possessive, you can't just walk out on them and leave, they'll follow you.  You either have to lure somebody else to replace you, or you either have to find somebody who really knows how to perform rituals to free you from them.  I guess my dad's friend chose the first option instead, because maybe that was the only way he  knew how at the time.  They have a Hmong name for these possessive spirits, but I can't write in hmong so I can tell you.  Go and ask the elders, they will tell you about it.

Before my older brother's death, my mom already had suspicion about my dad's friend offering that house to us for free;  she just thought it was too good to be true because it was a newly built house.  Plus the fact that my brothers were starting to experienced horrible night mares, she even went and got her dad to come and performed a shamanistic ritual to find out what's going on.  He he even told her and my dad that there's spirits living among us in that house and for us to get out.  But because these spirits didn't showed themselves to my dad or my mom and only to the kids my dad didn't believe it and thought the kids were just seeing things.  Plus he had a job away from home and was gone most of the time.

We were able to free ourselves from these spirits after my brother's death, because by then rumors had spread around the village and some people there have knowlegde about these spirits and what to do.  They helped us get away from these spirits by having us leaved the house pretending like we were just going somewhere and were coming back.  We also had to leaved all of our possessions behind in that house.  I can't quite remembered, but I think the house was eventually torned or burnt down sometime after we left.  I have to asked my mom about that part again.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 04:21:26 PM by No regret »

Advertisements