Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590071 times)

Gatorade_Guy

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #555 on: March 19, 2009, 11:04:28 AM »
I had this real scary but really kool illusion experience one night.

This is very true.

I was sleeping and woke up at around 2 am in the morning.  As I opened my eyes and looked around, I saw this figure image standing by my door.  It startled me so I tried focusing my eyes to get a better look at it, then it turned out to be "The Virgin Mary."  She was standing by my bedroom door, bowing her head down, with her hands up to her chin in a praying position .  She was greyish white just like a statue and glowing in the moonlight coming thru the window.  What's even wierder was I thought I'm just seeing things because of my blurry vision, but the more I robbed my eyes and focus, the image only becomes more sharper and real.  I got all freaked out, but as I kept staring at it in horror and amazement.  Her form slowly change and change and all was left of her image was just my towel hanging on my door knob.

Even if it was just an illusion, it's still an amazing experience.  I'm planning on making a beautiful painting of her image from that experience.

It was so real but scary at the same time...I wish everyone of you could experience it too. 

My other question is of all the things the world, why was it her that I saw?

I should tell this story to all people who goes to church.

it's a sign for u to convert.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

sassychick

« Reply #556 on: March 19, 2009, 11:46:02 AM »
my bf's grandma has been very sick lately and she's been having back and shoulder pains for the last couple of months. They took her to the doctor and all but there seems to be nothing wrong so they gave her some pain medcine, well, they decided to ncuas qeb (the egg thingy) saib and said that she been carrying grandpa (deceased) and grandpa been sitting on her shoulders. so they r now doing the jingle bells on her. bf says that he saw her crying and calling out to her husband everytime she saw her husbands pix.  :o :o :o

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 19, 2009, 12:04:03 PM »
6 yrs ago before my uncle was killed by his wife; my cousins and i had a great time out at dejavu in mpls. we got home a little after 1 in the morning. we all went to bed right away. i had a real bad upset stomach. i woke up around 5ish or 6 in the the early morning before anyone did to use the bathroom.

i was sitting on the toilet lettin' it out, suddenly, i heard a knock on the door. i didnt say anything. i could care less. i was concentrating on lettin' it out. it was just one simple knock! dam, i thought to myself, just one knock, if someone was to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, he or she wouldve knocked several times or called out who was using the bathroom. i didnt think of anything more. i finished and walked out of the bathroom and went straight to bed.

when morning finally came, my uncle and aunt were up, and there were a crowd of people. they had a "ua neeg" scheduled for that day. we didnt know who the ceremony was for, or why they were doing. we had spring break that week and my cousin planned to spend the week with his family. we left before the ceremony ended.

two nights later, my dad got a call from an uncle from that my uncle was stabbed, and stabbed by his wife. he died early the following morning.

my mommy's the only person ive shared my bathroom incident with until now..

Story made no sense... & the rope one too.. or is it robe?

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

LadyThao

« Reply #558 on: March 19, 2009, 02:47:43 PM »
this happened to my mom a couple of years ago.

It was the beginning of 2007. One morning, i woke my mom to get her ready for dialysis. I tapped her on the shoulder and she turned around. As she was turning around, she asked me, "Is sunshine and bee here?" (Sunshine and Bee are my little nieces. at the time, sunshine was 7 and bee was 5.) I answered saying no. She replied in hmong, "i thought i saw sunshine tapping my shoulder. I turned around and there she was. Are you sure she's not here?" i said, "yes". We thought nothing of it. We just went our day like nothing happened.  From that day on, my mom's been seeing bugs crawling on her, around her and even in her food. 

Come spring, we were celebrating some birthdays. One of my nephew's gf's mom came to the celebration. She later told my nephew's gf that when she came to the party, she saw my mom. Around my mom was this little girl. She kept hanging around my mom just picking at her. She knew we were christians so she didn't say anything. She knew we wouldn't believe her. It wasn't until summer that my nephew told us.

Come july, my mom went into a cardiac arrest. That day, one of my brother told us that the night before, he had a dream of this little girl hanging around my mom. He said that the girl was the older version of his daughter, Sunshine, and that her name was Mee. My oldest brother confirmed that at the time of my sister's Mee death, she looked a lot like Sunshine. My cousins were there and even they confirmed it.

We never did any sort of shaman jingle bell on my mom but then my nephew's gf, who's now his wife, her mom told her that before my mom married my dad, she was supposed be a shaman. But because she married my dad and my dad converted to christianity, the spirits stopped bugging her. It wasn't until my dad died that the spirits came back. They want her to be one even at her advance age. My nephew's wife said that her mom is willing to help us get rid of it. However, when the time comes and my mom is to pass on, we have to do it the shaman way. My mom, all her life, she's known God. So i told her that it's okay. We'll just keep praying.

in a way, it kind of makes sense. all my mom's life, she's been a sick child. she even told us that at one point in her childhood, her grandma wanted her to go with her to the after world but my grandma wouldn't have it. They even changed her name so that the grandma wouldn't come anymore. Even til this day, my mom is still sick. She's so sick but yet she keeps holding on.

Just a couple of months ago, my mom and I were talking in the living room. All of a sudden, my mom starts reaching outward in front of her. I asked her what she was doing. She replied in hmong, "who's kid is this?" i looked and said, "what kid, mom" she replies, "he's right here. Don't you see him?" i said, "mom, there's no kid here." I saw her face and it looked like she knew she was going crazy. she stopped what she was doing and just went back to talking.

these days, when it gets really quiet, she'll scream out my name. if i don't answer her on the first call, she yells and yells for my name until either i answer or someone else does. she doesn't like to be alone and always wants someone in the same room with her.

my mom told me one time that when she misses my dad, she'll see his face appear kind of like a cloud floating near her. When she's had enough of it, it would disappear. Sometimes, she would even feel him sleep right next to her. She would feel the bed sink and she'll turn and see him next to her.

a few members of my family have experienced a lot of paranormal activities around them. i'll try to tell them later when i have the courage to do it. hahahahaha

No regret

« Reply #559 on: March 19, 2009, 03:35:28 PM »
it's a sign for u to convert.

Seriously, I maybe you are right.  My life has been filled with uncertainties and confusions only, maybe that's something I need to do, change my beliefs and views on life.  But even though my life has been filled with more agonies than joys, I somehow like it and don't want to change. :-\

ImTHATgrL

« Reply #560 on: March 19, 2009, 06:46:32 PM »
my bf's grandma has been very sick lately and she's been having back and shoulder pains for the last couple of months. They took her to the doctor and all but there seems to be nothing wrong so they gave her some pain medcine, well, they decided to ncuas qeb (the egg thingy) saib and said that she been carrying grandpa (deceased) and grandpa been sitting on her shoulders. so they r now doing the jingle bells on her. bf says that he saw her crying and calling out to her husband everytime she saw her husbands pix.  :o :o :o

This reminds me of Shutter.... :-\  scary!

iSpink

« Reply #561 on: March 20, 2009, 11:49:19 AM »
this is what i heard from my pop.  We have this one uncle who back in the days went somewhere and he saw two girls playing around. Well he thought to himself why would these two little girls be playing in the middle of nowhere. so he went to asked if they were scared to play in the middle of nowhere/ well as it turns out he was walking towards the girls and when he got close. He asked little girl aren't you scared, why are you?????and while he was saying he put his right hand on top of the little girls' head and the little girl got spook because they didn't know my uncle what behind them.  The little girl turn around and frozed there like a dumb person.  My uncle also frozed in motion because this was no girl. this was a little poj nxtooj girl with long hair and her face was pale and rotten. He had came close to the poj ntxooj and was scared. so he ran back home. 

ewwwww :o

neWbie_mEe

« Reply #562 on: March 20, 2009, 03:04:23 PM »
so here's some of my stories.

first one is not really scary but freaky and this personally happened to me

I used to have a crush back in high school and before I move away, he got shot and died.  The weird thing was I knew that he would go one week before it happen, because I kept having headache and this voice in the back of my head telling me that I might not see him again.  Okay, first off I thought I was crazy and I even felt bad for thinking this...because as you know in Hmong it is taboo to think these stuff for a person who is still living.  Anyways it got so bad to the point that for a joke/ or just to shut out the feelings, I decided to myspace him a message and asked him if he liked me, because the voice said if I wanted to ask him something then I should because it was going to be my last chance and I thought well that's what I wanted to know.  The next day I went to play with his sister and at one point we thought we heard him called our names.  It turn out that he got shot that day and died but his sister told me that he did get the message before he left to go fishing which was were he got shot...weird and creepy.

I have other to add on with this story but I will tell it later.

second story happened to my grandma when she was younger.

So the story goes like this...back when my grandma was still a little girl, there was a really pretty girl in her village.  She said that all the guys would come to the village just to talk to her but she was a really good girl and everyone always praises her for being both beautiful and good.  My grandma said that may have been a reason why one day she got really sick and died, because something took her.  My grandma said that it was a little after her her funeral, that this happened to her.

She was alone working in the farm *the girl's family farm is next to theirs" and she said she felt scared like something else was there with her that morning.  But being who she is, she tried to rub it off.  Well she told me that it got so bad to the point where she said can feel her body starting to shake and shiver for no reason at all.  Then suddenly she saw a huge rock come flying pass her, almost hitting her in the head.  Well this got her mad and she sort of forgot about being afraid and so she turn around and she saw her.  My grandma said she was in her burial Hmong clothing with a red string attach her her waist like pulling her towards the forest, and my grandma said she was moving but her feet was not, like she was just floating toward her destination.  Well this got my grandma scared, so she just took off running all the way back to her village.  Later she told me that maybe the girl just wanted to tell her goodbye and tell my grandma that she was leaving because they knew each other.

ee...I'm getting scared telling this story.

neWbie_mEe

« Reply #563 on: March 20, 2009, 03:16:50 PM »
oh almost forgot one more, this happened to my brother-in-law.

If anyone of you is from Fresno, you'll know that lost lake is haunted and it usually has a lot of sacredly stories surrounding it.  Well this happen to him when he was younger.  My bro-in-law said that when he was younger he used to go fishing with his dad and uncle since he is the oldest boy and he did not have many cousin at that time.  So he said that they are walking on the trail being the curious kid he is he climbs on top of the rock next to the water to look if he would see any fishes swimming, while everyone else is moving along the trail.  He said that he was probably looking for 30sec when he felt something weird.  So turn to look up and saw a Hmong guy wearing Hmong cloths at the other side of river looking at him.  He said he felt scared so he got off the rock and starting chasing after his dad them.  Well my brother-in-law first thought that maybe the guy was there with his family to shoot some family photo, but he realize later that there was no one there that morning except for them and I scary part was he remember the guy was floating on the water...damn I'm getting scared talking about this one too *alone at the moment*.

Offline lost_forever

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 20, 2009, 03:32:53 PM »
those are too scary !!...Your grandma is so brave.... :-\

Roc

« Reply #565 on: March 24, 2009, 02:38:14 AM »
While we were at the last Hlub, a buncha weird stuff happened. Just to give you guys an idea, it was held at a University in Missouri during summertime. The girls' dorms were close the the convention center basically the place where everyone meets and stuff, and the guys' dorms were above the cafeteria where everyone ate. Now between the two places was a loooooong walk, i'd say about 3/4 of a mile but remember its Missouri in the summer, HOT and HUMID. sooo humid u can watch the sweat bead from your arm.

So the first couple of days it was fine. When they started the sports events, ppl were passing out in the heat... a buncha ppl started saying dumb stuff like it was demons or something, I didn't really care but it was a good laugh. We kidded around and said they named it "Hlub Extreme" and now this is what they got lol.

About the third day, we heard weird stories from the girls... the thing is, the night before all the girls from our group slept in one room (it was as wide as a normal room but pretty long). Why? Another girl who was in one of a the hallways had been pulled against a wall and choked there, whatever it was choking her didn't leave until one of the heads of that group had come.

That was when strange things started happening to the guys.

It was the fourth night, lots of thunder and lightning, like I've never seen here on the coast. You mid-westerners have some beautiful but terrifying storms. I was going up to my room after hanging out with my cousins from MN, and accidentally went up a floor too high (no elevators just stair corridors). I went to what I thought was my room but the key didn't work. I heard voices from the lounge room so I went to check. On a high-back chair was one of the older men with his hands over a young boy's head mumbling something, not wanting to disturb them I left promptly.

Later a pizza boy came to our floor, he asked us how to get to get the the 5th floor (we were one 3rd). We were like, "duh, go through 4th floor dumass." He said it was blocked... they were doing exorcisms up there.

When we were about to turn in, one of our group's leaders came by and we asked him what was going on. He told us that the girls' had been doing exorcisms the night before too, whatever it was at their dorms had followed them over to ours when they came to eat.

...haha ok thats it for now, i've got some more but i'll post those later if anyone wants to hear.

SHER

« Reply #566 on: March 27, 2009, 04:07:15 AM »
While we were at the last Hlub, a buncha weird stuff happened. Just to give you guys an idea, it was held at a University in Missouri during summertime. The girls' dorms were close the the convention center basically the place where everyone meets and stuff, and the guys' dorms were above the cafeteria where everyone ate. Now between the two places was a loooooong walk, i'd say about 3/4 of a mile but remember its Missouri in the summer, HOT and HUMID. sooo humid u can watch the sweat bead from your arm.

So the first couple of days it was fine. When they started the sports events, ppl were passing out in the heat... a buncha ppl started saying dumb stuff like it was demons or something, I didn't really care but it was a good laugh. We kidded around and said they named it "Hlub Extreme" and now this is what they got lol.

About the third day, we heard weird stories from the girls... the thing is, the night before all the girls from our group slept in one room (it was as wide as a normal room but pretty long). Why? Another girl who was in one of a the hallways had been pulled against a wall and choked there, whatever it was choking her didn't leave until one of the heads of that group had come.

That was when strange things started happening to the guys.

It was the fourth night, lots of thunder and lightning, like I've never seen here on the coast. You mid-westerners have some beautiful but terrifying storms. I was going up to my room after hanging out with my cousins from MN, and accidentally went up a floor too high (no elevators just stair corridors). I went to what I thought was my room but the key didn't work. I heard voices from the lounge room so I went to check. On a high-back chair was one of the older men with his hands over a young boy's head mumbling something, not wanting to disturb them I left promptly.

Later a pizza boy came to our floor, he asked us how to get to get the the 5th floor (we were one 3rd). We were like, "duh, go through 4th floor dumass." He said it was blocked... they were doing exorcisms up there.

When we were about to turn in, one of our group's leaders came by and we asked him what was going on. He told us that the girls' had been doing exorcisms the night before too, whatever it was at their dorms had followed them over to ours when they came to eat.

...haha ok thats it for now, i've got some more but i'll post those later if anyone wants to hear.

Just wondering, but why would they be doing exorcisms at Hlub??  Wouldn't they just come and pray?  Never heard them do exorcism at Hlub....unless it might of been necessary.  I'll have to ask my brother inlaw and sister about stuff like that.  They usually have stories and stuff from Hlub and going to funerals etc...

Roc

« Reply #567 on: March 29, 2009, 04:59:38 PM »
apparently the concentration of church-goer's energy attracts bad spirits or something. kids were supposedly getting possessed, guys and girls. the other thing was i've heard that the other site where they used to do hlub, a camp in Nebraska by a lake, was a really really creepy and haunted place. No lights on at night, people would here babies in the woods, see things following them, etc etc.

SHER

« Reply #568 on: March 30, 2009, 04:01:07 AM »
apparently the concentration of church-goer's energy attracts bad spirits or something. kids were supposedly getting possessed, guys and girls. the other thing was i've heard that the other site where they used to do hlub, a camp in Nebraska by a lake, was a really really creepy and haunted place. No lights on at night, people would here babies in the woods, see things following them, etc etc.

I've been to Camp Maranatha in Nebraska once.  That place is freaking scary at night!!  I believe the cabins that were at the end were haunted....wel l the whole camp was, but they made the guys sleep in those cabins.  I believe, not sure though, but they said the camp was built on a top of a burial ground. 

sassychick

« Reply #569 on: March 30, 2009, 07:16:20 AM »
I was in the ER once and I don't know how hospitals are laid out but this was at the Hennepin County Hospital w/e they call it in Twin Cities, MN. And I heard babies crying out loud nearby. It was night time never thought anything of it but your post reminded me of the event. Because later I would hear voices instead, and the funny thing was it was Hmong voices. I bet that's how the hospital claims people insane, by playing soundtracks and hoping the patient reports it out of disturbance. The only thing that would make me think it wasn't a soundtrack is because the Hmong voices seemed like they were talking about me and always seemed to go quiet the moment they knew I was tuning in.

I hate hospitals, being alone in the elevators in hospital or in one of the rooms, it's so creepy  :o :o

Advertisements