Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590523 times)

Havocrazy

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #645 on: May 03, 2009, 05:09:27 PM »
this place is going to lala land

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

cyber_loner

« Reply #646 on: May 04, 2009, 05:31:31 AM »
Some scary stories from me...

Every year my mum and some hmong ladies would organise to go pick bamboo shoots in thick bamboo shrubs to eat and etc.  This one time when they went, they experienced something really weird and scary.  My mum recalls being with this other hmong lady, at first they were just doing their own thing, breaking and packing the shoots as they made their way through the thick shrubs...she didn't think too much of anything, while she was doing her thing...she heard footsteps ahead of her, walking through the shrubs and breaking bamboos as it went.  She stop doing what she was doing, looked at the other lady, she was just breaking and packing the bamboos behind her...didn't think much of it...she continued to pack the bamboos as she broke them...she continued to hear these footsteps ahead of her...than...s he sorta got scared by now...she looked back to the other lady...the lady was still doing the same thing...just about when she was gonna go back and pick up the bamboo shoots...there was this really really strong decaying breeze, like something had just died right in front of her.  She knew something was not right e.g. there was something in front of her that she did not see...she turned back and said to the other lady...."lets stop for now, lets go back"...She said the other lady sorta of knew what she meant when she said that coz the whole time she felt something walking in front of them too and she smell the decaying smell.  They did not say anything untill they got back and out of the shrubs.  My mum reckons it was a dead hmong lady who just recently passed away who might have been infront of them, coz when she was still alive she went to those areas quite often to pick bamboo shoots to eat.

Another story...

The other day my dad went to do jingle bells at this hmong people place.  The old man my dad was doing the jingle bells for told him that just a few days before he saw something really strange in his home...everyon e reckons he saw a poj ntxoog in his home.  Apparently he was busting to go toilet...now the toilet and bathroom shared the entrance door and divided into seperate rooms when you walk in.  As he entered the entrance door...he saw this lady with her back back to him with her waist bent over, half her body was inside the toilet room and the bottom half was poking out from the toilet room.  From the back, the thing looked like his daughter in law...at first he thought to himself why is his daugther in law doing that in front of him...but than he couldnt see its face....he was gonna tell it to move out of the way so he could get into the bathroom...he decided not to say anything and walk back to the living area....when he got back to the living area...his daughter in law was in there feeding her baby and was not at the bathroom...he thought to himself...that s weird...didn't I just see her???  thats when he run back to the toilets and realise nothing was no longer there blocking his way.

...speaking of supernatural stuff...
At my parents home, there is this little tree in their back yard.  My mum and dad reckons a supernatural thing lives under the tree...I asked them why they believed that, they said "Don't you notice how the surrounding of the tree is always swept so tidy and clean?" like there is no dead leaves, twigs or rocks surrounding it....and the funny thing is that...this tidy sweeping only goes out about 4 1/2 inche around the small tree.  Every other tree around that area is messy with dead leaves and twigs around it....but this one is so nice and tidy...weird.. .My dad said that if you are lucky or if its meant to be and you see this thing that lives under the tree....appare ntly it can bring you fortune and luck...so far...we have never seen the actual thing..except its tidy work around the tree...guess we are not its destine owner...LOL

Recently my brother passed away....all sort of weird things happen...reall y sad too...just before my parents were going to move out of the town that my brother died in,  they drove to the place he died and cried and called his name and told him that they were going to move away and live him behind and etc.  That night the whole night, a cricket cried all night outside their window....usua lly they hear crickets chirping at night but this one was extraordinaril y loud and had really powerful vocals.  It did this for a very long time, than my dad went outside and said to it..." My son, please do not cry...you did not listen to me that is why now you are dead...you did not listen to me, so now I am going to leave you behind...pleas e do not be sad anymore"....it continued to cry all night untill the break of dawn and just when the sun was gonna come up, they heard the cry lower and lower and it eventually died.  When they finanlly left the town...while they were driving out of the town..my little brother was sorta of sleepy but not totally there....for a second he heard my oldest brother calling his name from a distance....he heard his name a few times and snap out of his drowsiness...a nd than realise that it was the voice of my oldest brother.  The scary thing is that my brother died in the forest, story has it that this forest that he died in was really haunted too.  like it had pog ntxoog who lived there....How these elders hmong know beats me...e.g. leaves are broken and place criss cross on top of each other on certain areas and the place gives off a chilly eerie feeling.

Another one about my brother....aft er my parents moved away from the town and moved into their new home in the new town...one early morning my mother woke up to prepare breakfast and lunch for my dad to take to work...she heard someone softly whistling outside the house....when my brother use to be alive, he loved singing and music...she sorta got scared coz usually the time she gets up its still really really early in the morning.  She went into the bedroom and woke my dad up...my dad said to her..dont be scared...its just our son....go open the door and call him to come inside....they both than went outside, open the front door and said...."me tub koj los txog kov los, los tsev os"...

I have more...but lazy to type now so....will type more later...LOL

sassychick

« Reply #647 on: May 04, 2009, 10:17:25 AM »
this incident happened a year or two ago. this hmong man had a big piece of land, beyond his yard was mostly forest. he liked to go deer hunting when hunting season came around...well one day he was getting ready to climb up to his tree stand when he noticed three fox trotting towards him, he got scared and shot and killed the middle fox. the other two glared at him for a moment and then ran off. he walked towards the dead fox but stopped when he saw a deer come out of the brushes and start to eat the fox. he got scared bcuz deers don't eat meat and he hurriedly packed his stuff and went home...that afternoon he went to see an elder and told him what he saw, the elder told him that he better hurry up and have a shaman ceremony that day or else he will not live through the night.

1txojsia

« Reply #648 on: May 04, 2009, 07:05:28 PM »
this incident happened a year or two ago. this hmong man had a big piece of land, beyond his yard was mostly forest. he liked to go deer hunting when hunting season came around...well one day he was getting ready to climb up to his tree stand when he noticed three fox trotting towards him, he got scared and shot and killed the middle fox. the other two glared at him for a moment and then ran off. he walked towards the dead fox but stopped when he saw a deer come out of the brushes and start to eat the fox. he got scared bcuz deers don't eat meat and he hurriedly packed his stuff and went home...that afternoon he went to see an elder and told him what he saw, the elder told him that he better hurry up and have a shaman ceremony that day or else he will not live through the night.

why??

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 04, 2009, 07:07:22 PM »
hahha you took the words right out of my mouth.  muaahahha  BS FLAG!
& its not chue its Chao Xiong that does all the articles.  hahahaha

genuinely- that story sounds like that one thai movie "the shutter"...

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

Havocrazy

« Reply #650 on: May 04, 2009, 10:02:31 PM »
salty fish . . . mmmhhh

Havocrazy

« Reply #651 on: May 04, 2009, 11:38:58 PM »
Have you guys ever heard of a story about the salty fish bag?. NO!, okay I'll tell the it like it is.

One morning LONG! LONG! LONG! ages ago back in the land, a Hmong mother is preparing foods for a big family feast. She told her two oldest daughters to go invite their grandma. Problem is because everybody lived so far away in different villages back than, the girls had never been to their grandma's house before. The mom gave them the direction and pack them some meal, "When you girls reach a split path, take the right one, that one lead to your grandmother's house. The left one lead to a old witch's house, and I don't want you girls to be there". The girls repeated the direction back to their mom to make sure they got it right and than off to see grandma they went.
   And finally in the afternoon the girls reach the split path, the older one said "I remember mom said it's the left one, and don't take the right because it lead to an old witch's house". The younger sister disagree and said "I remember mom told us not to go left because that's the way to the old witch's house, mom said for us to go right". The sisters ague for awhile and like always, the older young win. So left they went.
   The girls kept walking along the path and finally it to an old small house in the middle of nowhere. The younger sister said "See, I told you so. This doesn't look like grandma's house". The older sister ague back "We've never been to grandma's house before, how do you know". The younger sister answer "I think grandma will be living in a village similar to our, instead of way out her by herself". The older sister suggested that they go knock on the door and ask if that's their grandmother's house so they did.
   An old lady with long dirty white hair all the way to her feet open the door and said "I knew you guys were coming to visit me today, welcome". The older sister went right in and make herself comfortable, the younger sister thought to herself how weird that the old lady said she knew they were going to visit her. The older sister call the old lady grandma and told her all about the big feast. The younger sister stay really quite while to two talks for awhile.
   Than the old lady ask them for a favor, she told them that it's been a long while since she fix her daughter's hair and since they are her nieces she wanted to fix their hair before heading out. The older sister agree and to make her younger sister feel more comfortable with their grandma, she told the younger sister to go first. As the older sister watch her grandma fixing her younger sister's hair she notice, each time the old lady find a lice she pick it up and eat it (back than everybody has a lot of lice).
   When ever the old lady eat a lice, her finger nails seem to grow a little longer. The older sister started thinking about the advice her mom gave them and really started to worry. She quickly think of an idea and said "Oh, grandma, it's late so you go ahead and finish up with my younger sister's hair and I'm going back home first to help mother prepare for the feast". The younger sister noticing something SALTY FISHY is going on so speak out "Oh, older sister, you can't leave me and grandma behind. I don't remember the way back home and grandma had never been to our house". The old lady interrupted and handed the older sister a bag of rice and said "Here, you go on first, throw these rice behind you as you walk back home so we can find the way to your village". And off went the older sister being selfish, leaving her little sister behind to rescue herself.
   The younger sister is very scare by now and tried to think of an idea to rescue herself too. As the old lady still fixing her hair she can tell when ever the old lady stop to eat a lice, the old lady whisper to herself "Yum!, your lice tasted so good. Maybe you'll taste even better". This make the girl even more scare in the situation but she quickly came up with a plan. "Grandma?", she asked the old lady "it is kind of late like my older sister said and we should hurry up". The old lady didn't seen to care for a minute but the younger sister kept talking "You can finish fixing my hair when take a break half way home and than I can fix up your hair too before we reach to my house". The old thought for a minute and agree so off after the older sister they went.
   The older sister reaches home first and it's already beginning to get dark, she told her mother about the wrong path and the rice she'd pour on the road. All the people there got really mad at her for dissing her little sister and is scare because she had left rice trail for the witches to know where they are. Meanwhile, the younger sister and the old lady reaches the split path and stop to rest. "Okay", said the old lady "Let me finish up your hair and you can finish up my hair". As the old lady started to fix her hair again she kept asking question to bother the old lady and than finally it's her turn to fix the old lady's hair.
   The younger sister looked around her and said to the old lady "Grandma, why don't you come sit down over here in this log so you'll be comfortable". She got the old lady to sit on a log close to a bunch of small trees with bunch of branches, and as she is supposely fixing the old lady's hair she tied one end of the old lady's long white hair to a single branch and the other end to another branch. When she got all the old lady's hair tied to all those branches she took off running home. The old lady than realize that the little girl know she's not the real grandma and tried to go after her but can't because her hair is tied to the those tiny trees. The little girl can hear the witch scream and roar in anger as she ran as fast as she can home. The witch pull and pull and she pulled her scalp off with blood dripping all over her head and ran after the little girl.
   Finally the younger sister reaches home and everyone was happy to see her still alive. After the reunion she told everyone what she did and that the old lady is coming to the village to look for her so they hide her and her older sister in a big bag hanging at a corner of their house. The old lady reaches the village but had transform herself into a much younger lady and ask everyone what's going on. Of course everyone already know she's a demon because the girls told them and back than a lady just won't go to someone else village and ask what's going on. She sniff here and go there, sniff there and go there. The villagers asked her what is she doing and she said that they've cooked so many good food that she's just sniffing the foods (but for real, she's sniffing for the girls).
   She sniff, sniff, sniff and made it to the girls' house. Everybody was scare to stop her because they knew she's a demon so she invited herself in. She sniff, sniff, sniff to the big bag hanging at the corner and asked the family what's in it. They've told her that it's just some SALTY FISH they've kept for later. The old lady look closer at the bag and there was some liquid dripping from the bottom, she touch it with her index finger and lick it "SALTY FISH" she said and left and never seen again. The SALTY FISH liquid was from the girls being scare and crying in the bag, it's their tears. Don't get the wrong idea.

How you guys like my story!, I didn't made it up. Ask around, maybe some OG's might have a better side of it than mine. PEACE!.

sassychick

« Reply #652 on: May 05, 2009, 07:42:37 AM »
why??

i'm not sure, i heard that the fox he shot was not actually a fox but like a spirit or dab in disguise and when he shot and killed it, the spirits were not happy.

1txojsia

« Reply #653 on: May 05, 2009, 09:21:37 AM »
i'm not sure, i heard that the fox he shot was not actually a fox but like a spirit or dab in disguise and when he shot and killed it, the spirits were not happy.

but why is the deer eating the fox if deer are not meat eater?

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 05, 2009, 09:22:47 AM »
Love fishlegs.. ummmm  sassy

damm! 46 pages of this? the last page gave me chills already.  forget the rest!

GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid

sassychick

« Reply #655 on: May 05, 2009, 10:57:40 AM »
but why is the deer eating the fox if deer are not meat eater?

exactly!  :o :o it was not something ordinary. dears are plant eaters, but this deer went straight for the dead fox feasted upon its flesh...it was an omen.

my uncle told my mom that the day before my aunt passed away, she and her husband were on their way to the store, they drove across the bridge, my aunt noticed there was a deer drinking from the river below, she asked her husband to look but he didn't see anything, she said the deer was there and it wasn't standing in the river, it was atop of the river, drinking from the river...the next day she passed away.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 11:06:10 AM by sassychick »

Havocrazy

« Reply #656 on: May 05, 2009, 03:23:38 PM »
Some people just don't get it!, get it?.

1txojsia

« Reply #657 on: May 05, 2009, 09:19:37 PM »
my uncle told my mom that the day before my aunt passed away, she and her husband were on their way to the store, they drove across the bridge, my aunt noticed there was a deer drinking from the river below, she asked her husband to look but he didn't see anything, she said the deer was there and it wasn't standing in the river, it was atop of the river, drinking from the river...the next day she passed away.

:o :o :o

mlor

« Reply #658 on: May 06, 2009, 02:51:00 AM »
This is a friend's experience:

He was dating this white girl and her family had a history of paranormal experiences 'cus back in the days, they were slave owners and had strong ties to voodoo. Anyway, they were on the road back to her house one night and they were almost there when this figure appeared out on the side of the road. It was standing on the side of the road in the middle of the night, dressed in a white suit, top hat, and carried a cane. The closer they got to it, the more and more scared my friend got with goosebumps on his skin and the hairs on his neck starting to tingle. As they passed the figure, he decided to sneak a quick look at the ghost and saw the face of a really dark black man smiling at him. He could feel the evil surrounding him and freaked out even more. As he looked back in the rearview mirror, he saw it wave the cane at them. Needless to say, he broke up with her soon after that incident :X

Havocrazy

« Reply #659 on: May 06, 2009, 02:16:05 PM »
He saw a lost pimp. Probably was her pimp looking for her letting him know "you better have my money".

Advertisements