Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590495 times)

koDak_moments

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #855 on: September 18, 2009, 09:46:39 AM »
Wow!!!  I've read through all these stories and they're great!  I will add my own.  Not my experience, but this happened to someone I know.

Well I have a distant uncle who I remembered as a child vaguely.  After we moved away from California, I asked my father about him and he told me that he passed away.  And this is how he died:

A friend of his came to his house and knocked on the door.  The friend wanted my uncle's unused tired and asked if he can have it.  Being teh nice person he is, he went out to his garage where the tire is stored on top of the roof.  I'm guessing he used some kid of ladder and went up on the roof.  While going up, he sliped and fell from the garage roof, head first.  He didn't die instantly, but was severly injured.  They took him to the hospital where he later died. 

From what I hear, there were several signs leading to his unusual death that day.  Like a week prior to his death, he, his wife, and his mother went to STP, MN.  And after a weekend of shopping and visiting relatives, they drove home on sunday evening trying to make it back to madison, wi.  And on the way back, it was about 11-12 midnight, he saw an unusual lady on the side of the highway, dressed in a black robe, with long hair, and waving at him, and smiling.  He freaked out and screamed, which woke up his mother and his wife.  He didn't want to startle them so he didn't mention anything when they woke up.

After ariving home, he told his mother but they thought it was nothing so they didnt do a jingle bell on him.  thats why later that week, he died in the accident.

After teh funeral, the family did a jingle bell for the family to get rid of bad karma.  And teh shaman guy told the family that after that incident on the highway, his "plig" (spirit) has already been take by the poj ntxoog.  They guy who came back with them in the car was just is souless body.

RIP distant uncle...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

sweet_luvin

« Reply #856 on: September 18, 2009, 10:34:59 AM »
I remember when I had my first daughter and for three months she does not cry at night. Not once... Well one night around 11pm me, the hub and baby was sleeping. all off a sudden my baby girl cried so hard I thought something bit her.. I picked up her and check to see if something bit her but nodda... She still kept crying like something bit or pinched her so hard. I couldn't calm her down. I can only think of a ghost trying to mess with her.. So I started yelling out " My daughter stinks. She stinks like pee and shyt. Go ahead.. You don't want someone that stinks... Go away.. She stinks like pee and shyt. " after a few min my daughter stop crying.... I decided to put her next to me instead of her crib... We feel asleep for about 30 mins when my MIL came inside and started tossing seeds in my room and chanting..... I was soo tired I feel asleep after she did her chanting... Morning came... Hubby was talking to his dad...

So here's why my daughter cried so hard..

Before my dauther cried, my FIL said he heard someone calling for my husband. The ghost called out " C, where are you? " My FIL thought it was me and he ignored it. The ghost said again" C where are you?" My FIL thought it was strange that I would be in his room calling for my husband. (BY THE WAY, he can’t see good during that time. He is not blind yet but cannot see good) Somehow the ghost sat on my FIL’s bed and said “ C, where are you?” My FIL is piss now and said “ I’m not C. He is in his room.”  He kept thinking why would I sit on his bed because Hmoob vaaj nyab cannot sit on FIL/MIL’s bed. So by this time he knew it wasn’t me but a ghost looking for my husband.
Withing 10 mins after the ghost got up and gone for his bed he heard my daughter cried. He did not get up to tell us because he didn’t want us to be scared. Whoever the ghost was, it was looking for my husband. hahahah

« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 10:37:19 AM by sweet_luvin »

wowsers

« Reply #857 on: September 18, 2009, 01:14:05 PM »
Sweet_Luvin... that's scary, now that kinda makes me think twice when my son cries... he's a light sleeper but he doesn't cry very much.. only cries alittle if wants bottle... there have been two times where he's sleeping and would just cry so loud like someone's pinching him... we don't know what's wrong.... but i think there might be a connection and i don't want to believe this but i did my own analysis.

When i was pregnant with him, a couple of weeks before he was born, every night i had a dream of poj ntxooj chasing me. And every time they would be chasing me through gardens, houses, highways. I would see the poj ntxooj's hand slowly reaching towards my legs about to get me but i wake up. These poj ntxoojs are usually all dress in white with white hair. anyway, i didn't think of anything because i have my own little phases of dreams. Example, I would always dream that my husband was cheating on me infront of me with people i know, when i was pregnant with my two girls.

Well, about a week after i gave birth, I had a dream that a black spirit came to me and told me that i had to change his hmong name. If  not, some spirits were going to come for my son. It told me that i had until the 27th to change his name.. He was born on the 17th. I woke up so scared because I've never had these dreams before. I've never remembered anything (messages) so clearly in dreams before... I told my MIL and husband and we changed his name...

My analysis: I've come to a conclusion that we i was pregnant, if the the ghost had gotten me, either I've would've been dead with the baby or the baby would not survive. So since it did not get me, i think it wanted to come after my son so i guess i had something watching over me to warn me ahead of time... so when he cries very loud like someone's pinching him, i always think back to those dreams...

Sorry, it's nothing scary but it was just a thought

sweet_luvin

« Reply #858 on: September 18, 2009, 01:33:55 PM »
wowser, when ur son cries and you feel something is strange about it, just yell at the ghost... I know it sound weird and stupid and could be nothing but hey, if it help ur kids from crying for a long time, do it. ;D

SO did you give your baby a name before giving birth?

wowsers

« Reply #859 on: September 18, 2009, 03:37:27 PM »
wowser, when ur son cries and you feel something is strange about it, just yell at the ghost... I know it sound weird and stupid and could be nothing but hey, if it help ur kids from crying for a long time, do it. ;D

SO did you give your baby a name before giving birth?

Yeah, I probably should do that. Usually I just pray for God to watch over us and protect us from whatever's there.

As for the name, yes, We've decided on the name during my first pregancy... My first and seconds were girl so I saved the name for the boy.... what does that have to do with it?

sweet_luvin

« Reply #860 on: September 18, 2009, 03:49:00 PM »
Yeah, I probably should do that. Usually I just pray for God to watch over us and protect us from whatever's there.

As for the name, yes, We've decided on the name during my first pregancy... My first and seconds were girl so I saved the name for the boy.... what does that have to do with it?

I don't know if it's true but someone told me once that it's not good to name your baby before giving birth... Not sure what will happen but i never gave them a name..  Like u can choose one but don't be naming them already..  OH well probably means nothing..

wowsers

« Reply #861 on: September 18, 2009, 03:58:55 PM »
I don't know if it's true but someone told me once that it's not good to name your baby before giving birth... Not sure what will happen but i never gave them a name..  Like u can choose one but don't be naming them already..  OH well probably means nothing..

i've actually heard the opposite of this from my SIL's experience. Heard that they would get sick if you don't name them the one that you choose.. you know how some people always joke saying that if they have a boy they would name them so and so..?

dreamland

« Reply #862 on: September 18, 2009, 05:02:59 PM »
ok this story is about my uncle and his wife it happen like 9 years ago (I was like 11 or 12), well anyways his wife was cheating on him with this white dude or something and he talk to her about it and I guess nothing was solve so he pull out his gun and kill both of them that night. mimi was their 2nd daughter she had snuck out of her window and sneak back in and saw the scene. tell later.....

ok to finish my story...
when she sneak back in it was really quiet, I think she felt her stomach aching like crazy like never before that she has to go get medicine from her parents room. well to her supprise she scream at the scene that woke up her siblings. (note they lived in wis ) anyways, they call the paramedics and the kids stayed at my uncle's house while they have the parents sent to stp to do the funeral because all our ralatives lives in stp. well when my aunt's mom came to dress her up she was saying this "why do you keep a fake **** hidden away!!! what was your intentions!!!" she litterally yell at her daughter(in hmong). (at least that's what I heard) on the funeral day my family was there her mom came down the hall and someone ask about the fake **** and she wasn't happy about it so she yelled out "she kept it to f uck herself don't pin it on me!!!!" (in hmong though) well that was really loud I think all the crowed heard it and my mom was saying... "gosh... don't she feel any shame?? it's her daughter's funeral" I was young I didn't know any better I went up to my uncle's coffin and stare at all the old people mourn over them. I notice that my aunt's right hand was a very dark brown color like it's rotting faster then the rest of her body. well I ask my mom why but she just told me to be quiet and go away cause up front is only for the people that mourn for the dead you can not joke around. so I went to sit with the crowed. after the funeral was done. 3 days later my dad sister told us that she might have seen our dead aunt coming to her for help, it was around 2-3 am in the mourning my aunt said she felt really thristy and woke rite up and went to the kitchen to get some water but when she got there the room was really cold and the lights seem very dim and she see this figure that comes closer she became frozen but at the same time she was curious what it is. so she walked towards it, now she can see it clearly it was my dead aunt, my dead aunt told my aunt not to be scare, she didn't mean to scare her and that she needed help. she needed someone to wrap her right arm because it really hurt. and that if my aunt would just wrap her arm she would be on her way, some how my aunt was alittle scare she went to find a piece of white clothe and wrap her arm. then after she finish, my deceased aunt disappeared.  my aunt said that she can't remember if it was a dream or not.  then when my uncle heard my aunt's story he said that he was also visited by her at the same time too but he was too chicken to go towards her so that's when she disappear. and that's probably why she went to my aunt.

before we got the call that they past away. my mom had a dream. in my mom's dream, she said that someone had beat up all her kids to bruises and she didn't know who would do such a thing to her kids. she was very worried, and touch one of her kids and said sweetie does it hurt? and the kid would just stare at her. then she woke up and the phone ringed and then the news came. the next day my mom call my dad's older bro's wife and they talked she said she have the same dream then she also recieved the news.

then afew years later my aunt and uncle who past away came into my dad's dream onenight and said that he and his wife is hungry and that they can not reach out to the other ralatives except for my dad. well that's proprobly because all my dad's brothers are christian and my dad's the only one who's a shamen.(note when he was still a live he was also a chritian too) well my dad did what he had to do and ever since then he haven't heard anything....

chingy-vang

« Reply #863 on: September 18, 2009, 05:43:37 PM »

ok to finish my story...
when she sneak back in it was really quiet, I think she felt her stomach aching like crazy like never before that she has to go get medicine from her parents room. well to her supprise she scream at the scene that woke up her siblings. (note they lived in wis ) anyways, they call the paramedics and the kids stayed at my uncle's house while they have the parents sent to stp to do the funeral because all our ralatives lives in stp. well when my aunt's mom came to dress her up she was saying this "why do you keep a fake **** hidden away!!! what was your intentions!!!" she litterally yell at her daughter(in hmong). (at least that's what I heard) on the funeral day my family was there her mom came down the hall and someone ask about the fake **** and she wasn't happy about it so she yelled out "she kept it to f uck herself don't pin it on me!!!!" (in hmong though) well that was really loud I think all the crowed heard it and my mom was saying... "gosh... don't she feel any shame?? it's her daughter's funeral" I was young I didn't know any better I went up to my uncle's coffin and stare at all the old people mourn over them. I notice that my aunt's right hand was a very dark brown color like it's rotting faster then the rest of her body. well I ask my mom why but she just told me to be quiet and go away cause up front is only for the people that mourn for the dead you can not joke around. so I went to sit with the crowed. after the funeral was done. 3 days later my dad sister told us that she might have seen our dead aunt coming to her for help, it was around 2-3 am in the mourning my aunt said she felt really thristy and woke rite up and went to the kitchen to get some water but when she got there the room was really cold and the lights seem very dim and she see this figure that comes closer she became frozen but at the same time she was curious what it is. so she walked towards it, now she can see it clearly it was my dead aunt, my dead aunt told my aunt not to be scare, she didn't mean to scare her and that she needed help. she needed someone to wrap her right arm because it really hurt. and that if my aunt would just wrap her arm she would be on her way, some how my aunt was alittle scare she went to find a piece of white clothe and wrap her arm. then after she finish, my deceased aunt disappeared.  my aunt said that she can't remember if it was a dream or not.  then when my uncle heard my aunt's story he said that he was also visited by her at the same time too but he was too chicken to go towards her so that's when she disappear. and that's probably why she went to my aunt.

Women, that is fawking freaky ...........  keep them great stories coming

dreamland

« Reply #864 on: September 18, 2009, 06:02:06 PM »

Women, that is fawking freaky ...........  keep them great stories coming

you know what makes it even scarier was she came in her hmong clothe that they buried her in...

dreamland

« Reply #865 on: September 18, 2009, 06:51:47 PM »
ok here's a story...

this one's about my grandpa (note he past away before I was born which is probably in the 84 85 not sure, my aunt knows it all cause she's the very first and oldest child of my dad's family also my grandpa has many wives, my grandma is like the 7th wife or something like that. and all his siblings have different moms but the rest of the moms past away only my grandma is still with us, o and i forgot to mention my dad also had 2 siblings that share the same mom, so I guess my grandma is one of the lucky ones that survive. well my aunt which is the very first child she said she was very close with my grandpa. so here goes the story) back in the early days when his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th wife was still living with him. right after he married his 4th wife his 2nd wife became very very ill so she past away. then a few years later he married the 5th and the 6th and some how they either past away or are divorced. and then the 4th wife got really really sick and ask for her husband's attention. at this point he already have like alot of kids with his wives. and anyways the other wives are like dead or divorced already right and so on her death bed she ask for a favor pulling her husband close to her for her last breath she said "nstev kuv mob mob li es kuv yuav tsis zoo, yog tias kuv nyob tsis dlau hmo no, no ce nej coj kuv mus fowl tom ncau ke es yuav lawm ram teb nawb.(sorry my moob spelling isn't good but here's the translation: I am very ill and am afraid I may not make it til tomorrow, if i do not then you shall bury me by the side of our garden road.) with her last breath she fell back and never woke up. well that night was just a horrible night while outside thundering and flashing lighting and there were cats meowing from all direction and waiting outside as if they came to take her away. ok Im not done yet.... to be continue finish later....

chingy-vang

« Reply #866 on: September 18, 2009, 10:54:15 PM »

you know what makes it even scarier was she came in her hmong clothe that they buried her in...

NO freakin way........... .....I would have crouched into a ball lol.    I'm entertained, keep it coming

Unknown

« Reply #867 on: September 19, 2009, 06:05:16 PM »
Ahlue, my S/O used to live on kelly Drive around 1999-2001. I dont really remember. I gotta ask the S/O if he ever experienced anything out of the ordinary. My S/O told me that  that street was a very dark place.

Mizsta_EZ

« Reply #868 on: September 19, 2009, 06:35:08 PM »
Kelly Drive?  Not scary!

dreamland

« Reply #869 on: September 21, 2009, 12:41:09 PM »
ok.... to finish the story....
 well that night she died right so one of my gramps's sis said to hide her body for a couple days because of the things that happen that night but my gramps didn't care so he did the funeral anyways. my aunt said that on her funeral day when it was time to eat she saw a poj nxoog come right in and started eating with them then it started to climb the middle pole up into the attic (a small place in every hmong house where you can stand andlook down) and throw rice at everyone. when they look up they didn't see anything but rice keeps on coming. my aunt said she was about 10 or 11 yrs but she can see the poj nxoog throwing the rice and she said all the kids there saw it too and they told the og but some did not believe and some got freaked out really bad. my aunt said that they're were like 2 other poj nxoog that was playing there too. one of them was on top of the deceased wife and the other was under the table. after the funeral was done they took her to bury by the side of the road of they're garden. my aunt said that before they bury her there she had a dream indicating that when she went to garden byherself she saw this shadowy figure in a shape of a women standing next to they're garden and she knew right away it wasn't human so she ran but it follow her till she woke up. she told her father it wasn't a good idea burying her there but he didn't do anything about it so still he bury her there. then my gramps married my grandma and so blah blah blah.

then oneday when my aunt went to garden by herself she said when she started down the road it was sunny and clear up until she almost reach the garden it started to be really windy and thunder started roaring and she can almost see the lighting and all the bamboos waving back and forth strongly. she then saw a black shadowy figure like the one in her dream she got scare so she ran home and that thing follow her. but when she got home it disappear. she told them that it must of been the 4th mom where they bury her there and that she told them it was a bad idea but they still bury her there anyways. she told them that she's not gonna go garden there anymore but my grandpa siad that they have to keep gardening so they went again this time with my grandma and my dad (he's like 3 yrs) and my grandma was carrying my dad's little sis (she like a baby) while they were walking my dad felt someone push him to the ground for like 15 min then release him. when he came back up everyone was like where did you go?? you disappear for like an hour. my dad was small he didn't know anything he just started crying. then when they reach the garden my grandpa was on the cornner sitting down plucking the weed while aunt said that grandma and her were gardening together but they couldn't see grandpa anywhere. they look around the whole garden it's not that big but they still couldn't find him. they shout and shout for the whole intire day and still couldn't find him then by night falls they gave up and said they have to go home before it gets too dark. then out of no where my grampa pops out of the cornner and said how come no one came to find me so we can go home?? my aunt then got scare and said we did we've been looking for you but couldn't find you I went to that corner but didn't see you. you must of fell asleep somewhere else. then he said he did not fall asleep, and that he was plucking weed there the whole intire time but didn't notice how time went so fast. my aunt was suppicious and thought it was the work of my gramps 4th wife.

then a 10 to 12 years later my grampa fell in one of the lake and got really sick he survive but no one did a shamen thing( my dad's already married so is all his other kids) anyways he was told by a shamen to stay home to not go anywhere since he is still recovering, but his carefreeness didn't care so he went hunting near his ex's grave and that night he got really sick and came home later and yeah he didn't make it.
then one year later my gramps came to my aunt in her dream and said to not worry it was just all his ex-wives that wanted him. and he also said when he was still living he didn't get to married his old ex-girlfriend that he really love so he's going to take her with him. then she said you can't take her with you she's already married with kids and lives well already. then he said o I know but I can still take her with me, I know she misses me. I will comeback to be reborn in a few years. then one year later the lady that's my grandpa's old ex-girlfriend she died of a mysterious death.
then a year went by my mom was preg with my older bro. and so is they're neighbor also preg with a boy. before my neighbor gave birth to they're baby my grandpa came to visit her for the last time. this time he said o my daughter I am leaving and maybe you'll never see me again so be a good mom to your kids as I am off now. then she ask her dad where he's going but he didn't answer and just wave his hand at her stepping into a bright light. and that was the last time grandpa ever visited her. when she woke up it was 3 am in the morning and the neighbor had just given birth to they're baby boy. so my aunt knew that it he must be reborn into that family. My aunt told me that if my mom had my bro first then maybe my grandpa would of come to my mom but my mom did not have my bro yet.

so yeah enjoy the long story anyways this story has alot of other stories that connect them together but my aunt did not tell me some of them I believe there's a lot more but she said she didn't want to scare me and that I shouldn't be hearing them. I don't know why.

Advertisements