Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590506 times)

Offline nruabsiab

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +30
    • View Profile
Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #1095 on: November 24, 2009, 03:02:12 PM »
I heard of a guy who went camping not long after one of his little nephew passed away. This was one of his favorite nephew and he really missed him. He was thinking of his nephew before he fell asleep in his tent. In the middle of the night, he heard some noises outside of his tent. He got a flash light and went out for a peak. He saw a little boy sitting with his back toward him, eating the scraps of meat and food that was in the campfire pit. He thought it was someone else's kid so told the kid not to pick at the food and he'll get the kid some food from the storage bin. The boy turned his head around and said, "But Uncle, I'm so hungry and no one has fed me in days!" He woke up, it was a dream but scared the shitt out of him. He went out and put a bowl of rice and meat off to the side for his passed away nephew.
usually when dreamed of the dead, the dead never talk.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline nruabsiab

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: November 24, 2009, 03:18:39 PM »
There are many good rituals but there is also one good ritual that is bad for others and good for the people doing the ritual.
In hmong i forgot what we called it, but in english we call it "retracing soul calling"

When my grandma was 9 months prenagnt and was about to have her kid, she felt something was wrong.  Everyone was out of the house and my grandma was the only one so she gave birth to her son.  What she saw would change her life.  When her son came out it was dead and his face was white and skin was puff and it was like he got a hot water burn.  My grandma immediately knew that someone somewhere did the ritual "Trace and bring back the soul" and took her son's soul back to the sick living person.  My grandma was very upset. So she learned the ritual herself and used it through out her life.  This Ritual is forbbiden by the heavens.  My grandma told me this ritual is rather defined as calling your soul back to you and will eventually kill the other person with your soul living in it.
She said who ever does this, only Yawg Sau will judge them when they get to heaven.
let me explain how this works.

You are sick and not feeling well and your face is pale like you have no soul.  Just like Bart simpson when he had no soul, but usually that person is sick and has yellow ear.  So someone calls an elder who knows hmong rituals or shaman to perform a small ritual to see what really happen.  If the shaman tells you that your soul has move on and recarnated to another baby or an already born person then they will perform this ritual. This ritual goes like this.
If your  soul have recarnated into an unborn baby boy that is still in the mom's pouch then the baby will be born dead because the soul is being call to go back into the originator's body, the living sick person.  The baby will have no soul and die when comes out but face and body will look like a boil burn.  This will cure the sick person because his wandered soul came back to him.

If the sick person's soul have been reborn then it is too late, the sick person will have no soul and will eventually die.  My grandma told me that sometimes,
people get sick because their soul is hurt or had a broken heart and wandered off to start a new life.  She said sometimes people's soul will leave at an early age and start a new life and the person would not know it until 5-20 yrs later.  By then his soul had already grown up and had kids, so the ritual won't work anymore.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

i think this is what happened to my aunt... or thats what my parents think.... my aunt was very sick, and her step daughter in law was giving birth.... i think she die almost the same time as the baby was born... my dad said, maybe her soul went to the baby.  :'( :'(

Offline nruabsiab

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: November 24, 2009, 03:20:27 PM »
there's also the one about saying that a child is beautiful/handsome/cute. if poj ntxoog or zaj hnov, they will come take your child away. that's why a lot of times you will hear OGs say to babies "cas yuav mus phem quav ua luaj li os"
i think this mostly happened back in the old days in laos and thailand... not so much in america... cus we have shining lights... and we can say, the baby is soooo cute.. maybe cute is not the same as pretty and handsome ???

sweet_luvin

« Reply #1098 on: November 24, 2009, 04:05:51 PM »
gone...

« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 04:00:45 PM by sweet_luvin »

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #1099 on: November 25, 2009, 10:35:09 AM »
When the spirit recarnated into a baby, that person will get sick and die in the future.  Before the baby is born you can call the spirit back, but someone's unborn baby might die unless other spirits becomes that unborn child. Very sad ritual.

No regret

« Reply #1100 on: November 26, 2009, 03:12:15 AM »
scary stuff!  check this out if you havn't seen it.  It's real not fake or just a joke.

They caught Micheal Jackson's ghost while video taping his home after his death.   pretty freaky!

SilentJealousy

« Reply #1101 on: November 28, 2009, 11:21:20 AM »
I've been lurking on this forum reading all the ghost stories that people has shared and thought I'd add a few to the thread. There's a lot of great and spooky stories on here and I cant get enough, hopefully theres more to come...

This happened to me way back in the day when I was only a child (3-5yrsold). Its been so long that my memories has forgotten bits and pieces...anyho w

Back in the 80's our family had moved into this townhouse located downtown in the city we live in. I dont know how old these townhouses are but to my understanding they've been around probably way back since the 1930's or so. My aunt/uncle also lived beside us during this time. This story happened to my older brothers and it goes like...

It was a raining/gloomy day our family had gone over to our aunt/uncle place next door to eat dinner and hang out. During this time, my older brothers and cousin decided they wanted to play ghostbusters so they decided to go to our place to bust some ghosts. They had gone to my sister room and started to clean it. My older brother decided to line up the shoes on the other side of the room opposite of the door. After they were done, they decided to head downstairs when all of a sudden thunder struck so loud they got scared and panicked, then shrugged it off knowing it was only thunder. Right at the moment they heard heavy footsteps upstairs above them (which is my sister room). Knowing they were alone in the house they decided to go upstairs only to find a pair of flipflops rigth at the entrance of my sisters door. They were so freaked the ran outside an into my aunts place.

Same place...

One night we were all ready to head to bed when all of a sudden the phone ranged downstairs. My younger sister decided to go get the phone and went downstairs. When she picked up the phone to answer, no one answered on the other line so she hung up. As she was starting to walk back upstairs the phone ranged again, so she went back and picked it up answering with no one answering in return. She paused and thought who would be calling and not answering. Then as she looked down on the ground she saw my brother dinky car started moving going round and round in a circle. She freaked out dropped the phone and ran upstairs and told my parents about what had just happened. Knowing parents they just said it was nothing and to go to sleep.

same place...

This encounter happened to me and my oldest sister. Our laundry room was downstairs in the basement. Our basement had two rooms, one being like a living room and the other was the cold room (storage room). The storage room was always dark and i never went in there only with my parents. Me being only a baby at the time my sister took me downstairs to go check on the laundry. As we had our back against the cold room entrance we felt a cool breeze hit us from behind. I was only a baby so I didnt know any better but my sister had chills down her spine then all of a sudden a voice said from behind us..."Come here...come here..." my sister freaked out and ran upstairs so fast she left me downstairs by myself. All I remember was cryin my eyes off cause I heard that voice as well and my sister had left me by myself. She came back down and got me and went back upstairs. I still somewhat remember that voice til this day.

same place...

I was downstairs in the basement living room playing Atari one day. I was by myself when I heard something move in the cold room. I got scared and ran upstairs and shut the door behind forgetting to turn off the tv and atari system. So i decided to open the door and peak my head downstairs to see if the game was still on but it wasnt. The tv had been turned off and what I remember seeing was a blurry area in front of the tv for a sec then it gone. Eversince that I never gone down there by myself.

chingy-vang

« Reply #1102 on: November 28, 2009, 10:57:10 PM »
then all of a sudden a voice said from behind us..."Come here...come here..." my sister freaked out and ran upstairs so fast she left me downstairs by myself. All I remember was cryin my eyes off cause I heard that voice as well and my sister had left me by myself. She came back down and got me and went back upstairs. I still somewhat remember that voice til this day.

English voice or Hmong voice? which is considered scarier?

SilentJealousy

« Reply #1103 on: November 30, 2009, 07:21:08 AM »

English voice or Hmong voice? which is considered scarier?

English voice. If it was hmong I think I would've shitted my pants just knowing that no hmong family has ever lived there.

ncokoj

« Reply #1104 on: December 01, 2009, 01:00:14 AM »
I heard this story from my aunt.  She told me that there was a funeral home up in St. Paul or around that area.  Someone passed away, so this one lady went to the funeral home by herself in the evening.  The funeral home closes at 10 pm, when they were going to close, the broadcasted on the microphone that they were closing in x minutes.  The lady decided to go use the restroom by herself before heading home.  Well, she went into the bathroom by herself, there was nobody else in there.  As she was doing her business, she heard the bathroom door bolt and lock.  She went out of the bathroom stall and tried opening the door and realized that it was locked (i'm not sure if the bolt was from the inside or outside).  She said she could hear people still talking outside and a voice broadcasting again that they were closing at 10.  She tried banging on the door and calling for help, but nobody heard her even though she heard them plain as day.  After a while, everybody left and the funeral home was quiet.  She was crying and really scared.  After what seemed like a long time, she remembered to pray, so she prayed for whatever it was to let her go.  Suddenly, she heard the bathroom door bolt open, she ran out and saw a figure moving from the door, shading its face so she couldn't see it.  She ran out into the hallway where she said she saw a two figures, a mom and a child spirit sitting on a ledge/chair? and swinging their feet.  After she got home, they had to do a jingle to call her spirit back.

Thats why women go to the bathroom in pairs....

Gatorade_Guy

« Reply #1105 on: December 01, 2009, 08:56:38 AM »
funerals are sooo busy. you don't need to go pee by yourself.

FlowerShiny

« Reply #1106 on: December 01, 2009, 09:10:40 AM »
I heard this story from my aunt.  She told me that there was a funeral home up in St. Paul or around that area.  Someone passed away, so this one lady went to the funeral home by herself in the evening.  The funeral home closes at 10 pm, when they were going to close, the broadcasted on the microphone that they were closing in x minutes.  The lady decided to go use the restroom by herself before heading home.  Well, she went into the bathroom by herself, there was nobody else in there.  As she was doing her business, she heard the bathroom door bolt and lock.  She went out of the bathroom stall and tried opening the door and realized that it was locked (i'm not sure if the bolt was from the inside or outside).  She said she could hear people still talking outside and a voice broadcasting again that they were closing at 10.  She tried banging on the door and calling for help, but nobody heard her even though she heard them plain as day.  After a while, everybody left and the funeral home was quiet.  She was crying and really scared.  After what seemed like a long time, she remembered to pray, so she prayed for whatever it was to let her go.  Suddenly, she heard the bathroom door bolt open, she ran out and saw a figure moving from the door, shading its face so she couldn't see it.  She ran out into the hallway where she said she saw a two figures, a mom and a child spirit sitting on a ledge/chair? and swinging their feet.  After she got home, they had to do a jingle to call her spirit back.

someone turned the light off on me.

sweet_luvin

« Reply #1107 on: December 01, 2009, 09:14:43 AM »
ncokoj, that's freaking scary. I never use it and if I did, I do make sure someone goes with me.

WeirdUnda

« Reply #1108 on: December 05, 2009, 10:49:29 AM »
i saw a ghost and it said " BOO"

Hurt Mushrooms

« Reply #1109 on: December 13, 2009, 04:50:28 PM »

I don't get it, no one ever looked for her?? And normally woman don't go to funerals alone. Weird story.

Advertisements