Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590269 times)

LADY-K-TUSHLUB

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #1170 on: December 28, 2009, 05:55:06 PM »
Dude, Lady k you're always moving! or ppl u know r always in new complexes. AND it seems as though you're always seeing ghosts. wow.
Hehehe ....  Well, keep in mind that this was over a period of a long time, like almost 20 years.  But yeah ... do I freak you out by the number of things I've experienced?

One of the most common times to see ghosts is when first moving into a new place, especially if you don't do or forgot to do a spiritual sweeping before moving in.  Back then, I didn't know about the sweeping.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 08:09:03 PM by LADY-K-TUSHLUB »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LADY-K-TUSHLUB

« Reply #1171 on: December 28, 2009, 06:24:29 PM »
A few years back when I used to fish a lot, we used to drive all over the place fishing.  One night, we decided to go fishing at a place where they (my gf and her siblings) used to go.  The last time they had been there was more than 5 years ago.

This place was nicknamed, "The Island".  It wasn't really an island, but more like small land peninsulas that stuck out into the river.  Just behind the peninsulas, there were thick brush and trees (away from the river).  My brother, my gf's brother, my gf, and I went.  By the time we arrived, it was about 9PM.  It was during the summer, so the sun had just gone down.  We were going to fish for catfish, that's why we were there that late and planned to stay the whole night.

After stringing up and casting the first cast, my brother and I decided to go looking for firewood.  We went together at first, but split up about 20 feet apart to find wood.  We went into the trees nearby to find wood.  We each came back with some wood and started a fire.

By this time, it was dark already, so we fired up the lantern.  Luckily, we had a propane lantern and not a kerosene lantern.  Those who camp and hunt know what I'm talking about.  And since it was dark, I pulled out my 9mm handgun and holstered it.

I don't like talking loud at night because I like to keep my ears open and listen for strange noises.  My gf, on the other hand, likes to yap away.  Hehe.  Well, a couple hours had gone by.  We started to hear wolves howl in the far far distant.  The wind started to kick up.  Now that I think about it, it was strange that the wind did pick up.

I decided to rebait my hook, so I reeled mine in.  I was standing up facing the fire with my back towards the river.  My gf was sitting down facing me with her back to the fire.  She was talking as usual.  My brother and my gf's brother were both on the other side of the fire away from the river watching their poles. 

As I started to put bait onto my hook, I could see both my brother and my gf's brother turn their heads toward the trees behind them and shine their flashlights at the trees.  I instantly dropped my bait and hook and unholstered my 9mm and pointed it to the trees.  My gun is always loaded and on safe when I'm fishing.  California Penal Code allows for a loaded weapon during the act of fishing.  My girlfriend was still yapping.  I told her "shhhh!"

We were listening and looking for movement.  The trees were moving from the wind though.  After a couple minutes of looking, my brother started reeling his pole in
while we kept an eye out.  The my gf and her brother reeled theirs in.  Mine was already out.  We just packed up and started moving out.  The worst part though was, the trail to get back to the car went right and through the trees. 

My gf's brother had the lantern and was in the front.  My brother and gf were in front of me.  Since I was the one with the gun, I took the rear.  Boy!  I'll tell you what though, my rear end was real light that night.  I kept looking back too, and with pole in one hand and gun in the other, the only light I had was from my headlight lamp, which wasn't all that bright.  I knew I should have changed the batteries!

We made it to the car uneventful though.

LADY-K-TUSHLUB

« Reply #1172 on: December 28, 2009, 06:37:01 PM »
This one is from one of my gf's brother's friends, so I'll tell it from his point of view.

It was shad season and the river was low.  It was about 3PM in the afternoon by the time I got to the river.  There was an American guy in waders about 100 feet to my right and about 30 feet the river.  He was in waist deep, which shows how low the river was.

The guy turned around and waved to me.  I waved back.  I was going to cast my line, but decided to walk out maybe 10 feet into the river before doing so.  As I stepped into the water, out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone come up behind me.  I thought it was another fisherman, so I turned around to say hi.  But it wasn't another person that I saw.  What I saw was a short, white person with a dirty body; it looked as if someone had smeared chocolate all over his body.

I freaked out and nearly shat in my pants.  It didn't see me though (for some reason), and just kept walking along the shore.  I threw my gear down in the water and started running towards the direction of the American guy (you know, to get away from the white person).  When the American guy heard me splashing water, he turned around and nearly shat his pants too.  He started panicking towards shore.  All that happened in a matter of seconds, but seemed like an eternity.

I ran all the way to my car and drove home.  When I got home though, I thought about my gear.  Crap!  My pole is a $300 pole and the reel was a $200 reel.  I called up my cousin to see if he wanted to go back with me to go and retrieve my gear.  But the chicken didn't wanna go.

Since this was an experience of a friend of a friend, I never did know if the guy was able to retrieve his $500 piece of equipment.

babiie_gurlo

« Reply #1173 on: December 28, 2009, 07:03:22 PM »
wow.. lady-k... u got some real good stories!

LADY-K-TUSHLUB

« Reply #1174 on: December 28, 2009, 08:07:00 PM »
wow.. lady-k... u got some real good stories!
Thanks!  Glad you enjoyed them.  More to come.

LoneStar

« Reply #1175 on: December 28, 2009, 08:32:47 PM »

Yikers!!

I will not be reading anymore of these stories.  I'm such a chicken poop that I've had to sleep with the lights on for the past 3 nights!!   :D

THE DIVINE CONDOR

« Reply #1176 on: December 28, 2009, 09:03:21 PM »
It was a late afternoon, when he struck the rhythm of the funeral drum song at a drum-making ceremony out in the woods of a small little farm town in Michigan.  He had heard the rhythm calling out to him... he was curious... but in doing so, it would be a decision he would regret for the next eight years of his life.

After he was scolded by an uncle, he was frightened and kept saying to himself, "Oh sh!t, I think I just offended some spirits."  A few evenings later, he couldn't sleep.  He kept periodically waking up in the middle of the night.  Then, on the third night, he heard footsteps creeping up the hall.  The stairs consisted of two flights.  He could hear each footstep climb each stair one by one.  It was loud enough, at least he thought it was loud enough, that he could tell that someone was making their way up the stairs.  As each step became louder, he could hear the footsteps stop at the top of the staircase.  For a silent moment, he held his breath... his heart began to race to the point where he could feel it wanting to jump out of his chest.  Frightened, he turned from his backside and laid on his stomach all the while pulling the comforter over his head.

Meanwhile, the footsteps came closer and closer.  "Who or what could it be?" he thought.  Just then, he heard the footsteps creaking outside his door; he closed his eyes and clenched his fists.  At this point, he was very frightened and didn`t know what to do but lay there.  He began to hear a fain ringing noise similar to a fusion of a bell and tuning fork approaching him.  Suddenly, he felt the noise buzzing through his ear and he felt something heavy jump onto his back.  He could not move.  He could not speak.  He could not shout.  It felt as if he were in that position for an indefinite period of time.  To make things worse, it felt as if something big had smothered him.  Soon, he took a breath and could breath again... the paralysis lifted and for a moment, he had two feelings running through him... one of relief and the other of fright.  He dared not lift the cover off his head as he convulsed in panicked state of mode.  He reached out to his alarm clock and pulled it underneath the blanket; the clock read 2:39 A.M.

That was only the beginning...

« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 09:06:51 PM by A|X »

passingby#2

« Reply #1177 on: December 28, 2009, 10:32:06 PM »
My father told us about a spooky incident that happened to hi when he served in the military back in Laos. They were being mortared by the NVAs (North Vietnamese Army) and so they ran back to a better defensible area. It was already dark when they are started to dig their foxholes and took turn guarding in case the NVAs followed them. After his guard hours were up, we immediately went to sleep. During his sleep, he kept having this reoccurring nightmare. In the nightmare, he was stuck in between two houses, there was an old man in the left house and an old lady in the right house. They kept yelling and cursing for him to leave because they didn't want any visitors. They didn't physically harmed him but they looked threatening. When he woke up in the early morning and there was enough sunlight to see all around....to his horror, he found out that he actually dug his foxhole right in between two graves! (In Laos & Thailand, Hmong tend to cover the dead with a mounds of dirt covered by stones or logs. After a while, vegetations grow on it and in the dark it's hard to see if it's man made or not).

Hey I heard this one before too!!!  Told to us by a relative of ours!

passingby#2

« Reply #1178 on: December 28, 2009, 10:32:40 PM »
I love these keep them coming!

THE DIVINE CONDOR

« Reply #1179 on: December 29, 2009, 12:49:59 AM »
When he heard the foot steps, why didn't he get up and turn on the light or wake someone up? 

That person was too frightened, too shocked, and he was thinking, "WTF just happened?  Am I dreaming?  Is this for real?"

Like I stated earlier, it was only the beginning and he didn't know it was going to get even worse... I'll write more later.   

LADY-K-TUSHLUB

« Reply #1180 on: December 29, 2009, 05:24:27 PM »
More fishing stories ...

The first one is from my brother.

One late evening, my brother and our nephew went fishing.  It was already about 9 or 10PM by the time they arrived.  The shore was very rocky, with large granite-type rocks, about the size of a person's head.  They had a lantern with them and had it burning.  There was a light wind, but nothing enough to blow out a lantern.

The area had an old campfire close to the spot.  Nobody had been there previously, so it was out and cold.  They set their stuff down and started to fish.

Not long into their outing though, their lantern started to flicker and dim.  Within a couple minutes, their lantern died.  They didn't think anything of it but they did remember that the propane bottle was a new one.  They just thought maybe it was just a defective bottle, so they continued to watch their poles in the dark.

A few minutes past and they started to smell cigarette smoke.  My brother smokes, but he wasn't smoking at the time.  They looked around and didn't see the red glow from a cigarette.  My brother started to feel around on the ground for a smaller rock.  He wanted to throw it in the direction of the wind to see if he hit anything.  Instead of finding a rock, he felt some fresh sardines (the usual bait) in a spot where he knew didn't have any sardines earlier. 

They started getting chills.  They started whispering to each other.  Then the cigarette smoke got stronger.

My brother said loudly, "Hey, gimme that gun!" to the nephew, hoping that whatever or whomever it was that was with them would hear them.  The cigarette smell got even stronger.

They just packed up and left.  While they were packing up though, they noticed the campfire, which was cold earlier, had a nice warmth to it.

LADY-K-TUSHLUB

« Reply #1181 on: December 29, 2009, 05:40:36 PM »
Another fishing story ...

This one happened to my gf's brothers and friends.

Quite a few years ago, there were 7 guys who went fishing.  Four were older, and the other three were younger, but they were all in their teens.  The two youngest just went for the enjoyment and didn't fish.

They all went to a creek where it was secluded.  They set their stuff down and started fishing.  It was early in the afternoon, so the sun was till pretty high up.  The younger three started to walk around.  There were some large metal corrugated pipes that went from the farm behind them, through the level, then out the side of the river, and down into the water.  The three started to throw rocks at the pipe, making all sorts of loud bangs.

The older four guys started to yell at the three to stop messing around.  The oldest of the three came back and started to fish.  The younger two stopped also, but every once in a while would throw a rock at the pipe again.

Finally, one of the older guys got so annoyed that he told them to cut it out.  Just come to the rest of the guys and sit.  They did.  But ... as we know with most kids their age, they started to wander off again.  They didn't go very far, but went closer to shore.  They started to skip rocks across the creek.

One of the older guys said, "You guys can't sit down, can you?  Stop that!  You guys are making it so the fish are scared and won't bite our bait."

The guys stopped ... for a couple of minutes, and then started skipping rocks again.  A few minutes went by, and then it happened.  There was a big splash on the other side of the creek (no more than 30 feet away), as if someone dropped a 50-ton boulder from the sky.

The older guys said, "See?  We told you to stop (m)ucking around," and started to reel in his line.  The guys packed up and got the hell outta dodge.

----------------------------------------

That is why when you go out into the wild, you should never mess around like that.  Never make too much noise and never throw rocks into the river.  You'll never know what you annoy.  In this case, they were probably annoying a "zaj", but because they didn't do anything wrong and it didn't have any bad intentions, all it did was just scare them enough to cut their $hit out.

LADY-K-TUSHLUB

« Reply #1182 on: December 29, 2009, 05:53:00 PM »
This one happened to my nephew's brothers-in-law.

About a year ago, three brothers went fishing at a reservoir.  From the parking lot, the hike down to the river is a good quarter-mile or so, going down a steep hill.  Because the reservoir is in the mountains, the water is never calm.  There are always waves and for some reason, for as big as a reservoir as it was, there never seemed to be any boats out on the water.

Anyway, after a long day of fishing, the brothers started to head back to the parking lot.  The oldest brother was hiking up the hill, with the second brother following, and the youngest brother following closely behind.  The sun was about 30 minutes from setting, so it was still light, but starting to get dark. 

It is rumored that from the trail going back up to the parking lot, if you look towards the right side, you can make out a cave on the hills across the water.  The cave is maybe about 300 feet away.  Well, as the three brothers were about halfway up the hill, the younger brother and middle brother were conversating while the eldest was still about 5 feet ahead of them.  The youngest and middle brothers were walking almost side-by-side by this point, with the youngest walking to the left of the middle brother.

The youngest brother kept looking at the middle brother (to the youngest brother's right).  Well, it just so happens that towards the right (or in the direction of the youngest brother's sight) was the cave.  As they were talking, the younger brother's eyes fixated on the cave.  The middle brother must have seen the younger brother's eyes and turned to look towards the cave too.

What they saw scared them and caused them to run up to the eldest brother.  The eldest brother didn't see anything though.  He was too busy making pace in front.  The youngest brother said he saw a hand waving to him, motioning to go to it, as if waving "come here."  He didn't make out a body or face at all -- he said the cave looked dark inside.  All he saw was just a white hand waving.  The middle brother saw the same thing too.

The oldest brother just stated that they should get going.

juxwendy

« Reply #1183 on: December 29, 2009, 06:23:23 PM »
Okay... so this is freaking scary and it still freaks me out sometimes...

When I was in my high school years, I had this friend, who was a lesbian and at that time it wasn't really widely as accepted as it is today.  Anyhow... she was in love with her girlfriend and they wanted to get married, but of course both families refused. So they decided to tie eachother up and jump into the dam, I believe it's called "Shaver Lake"or something. The night that they killed themselves, I felt a cold chill down my back and the hair on my hair and arms were standing up. I felt weird that night, but I couldn’t understand why. I asked my family and everyone was like, “No, we’re okay it’s not cold in here”. So I brushed it off and made nothing more of it, but the next morning while I was getting ready for school, I saw that on the news they’ve found 2 bodies at the dam and it was 2 Asian girls and they gave a slight description of them. When I heard it on the new, it caught my attention when they mentioned her belt and I knew that it was them. I had this cold feeling that it was them. After it was confirmed that it was them everything started…

The First Incident…
My mom was asking me about it and I told her that I knew the girl I mentioned her name and we had a little discussion about it. Well, where my room is, there’s this really big pine tree and we’ve lived in our house for 4 years and nothing has ever happened, but that night I heard something on the roof and it freaked me out. I couldn’t sleep so the next morning when I looked outside I saw that a really big branch from the tree broke off. A few nights after that everything went well and nothing weird happened, then I mentioned her name again to my cousin and that very night another branch broke off and hit my roof again.

The Second Incident
After the 4x that it happened, I started to get scared so traded rooms with my sister and in this room had a sliding door to the back yard. Everything was fine at first then like 3 days after I moved into that room, I hear a cat meowing at my window. The next night, I couldn’t stand it anymore, so I went outside and made a lot of commotions like slamming things, pounding on the fence, and throwing soda cans, but the cat kept meowing. The 5th night, I hear a voice calling for my name… so I went out side and nothing thinking... (I thought it was one of my friends) I asked who in the “HELL” is calling for me this late at night. I know, my mom has always told me that you don’t answer to anything unless you see someone where or know who’s calling you. As soon as I answered, everything was silent and the next night nothing happened, but the nightmares started. I kept having repeated dreams of a fish-like scaly person chasing after me and always almost getting me. I began to get really sick and as the Hmong’s call it, yellow ears.

The end
I finally told my parents what has happened and it’s because we promised to always be the best of friends and we’ll stick together to the end, no matter what. Even in life or death. Look I was young, I didn’t believe in what my parents has ever said until this happened to me. My parents instantly got a Shaman to come over and killed a pig for me. While doing what she does as a Shaman I notice that each time she kept screaming louder and louder. It didn’t seem too good and I knew too because it lasted for a very very long time. I didn’t know anything, but after she was done, she told my dad that there was nothing else that she can do because the spirits were too strong and she can’t do anything else for me, unless she changed my named. Since the name change everything has been calm and my dreams and nightmares went away.

LADY-K-TUSHLUB

« Reply #1184 on: December 29, 2009, 06:32:13 PM »
These stories got me thinking about things that could have happened to me, but didn't ... thankfully.

A while back before I married my ex-wife, but after they moved away from the haunted apartments I told about in the earlier stories ...

My cousin and I came to see our girlfriends.  I would drop him off, then drive to see my girlfriend.  When it was late, I would come back to pick him up.  If he wasn't ready, I would wait for him in the car.

Anyway, his girlfriend lived in an apartment complex.  There is a chain-link fence with those privacy inserts in them.  The inserts are those plastic strips that they insert into the fence to semi-block people from looking in.  The chain-link fence separates the complex's parking lot from a field.  The field is an uncared-for field of yellow grass that is as tall as an adult's waist.  In the parking though, is a big dumpster.

Whenever I would come to wait for my cousin, I would back into the parking stall next to the dumpster and sleep.  The dumpster would cast its shadow and provide me a good, dark spot to wait for him.  The only thing is, the field was behind me, behind the fence.  I didn't think too much of it, but all the rear-view mirrors were pointed that way too.

Later, after he and married his girlfriend and I had married mine, the stories of the field then made their way to us.  There have been countless times, in broad daylight, with the kids playing outside in the parking lot, that they would see several all-white figures running around in the field playing too.

Man!  Just thinking about it and how I used to sleep in the car waiting for my cousin just gives me the chills.  There were lots of cats too.  And thinking about how the Hmong people say that poj ntxoog's turn into yellowish (or blonde) cats when they can be seen, it just spooks me more.

Advertisements