Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590155 times)

Gatorade_Guy

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #1290 on: January 07, 2010, 12:16:25 PM »
Have anyone ever heard the story of why Hmong Lee can't wear red clothing?. And why the Yang can't eat hearts?.

no please tell.  :)

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LoneStar

« Reply #1291 on: January 07, 2010, 12:31:04 PM »

The "Yang heart" story was already shared.  Although, I cannot recall is I read it here in this thread or another one...

LADY-K-TUSHLUB

« Reply #1292 on: January 07, 2010, 12:58:11 PM »
Have anyone ever heard the story of why Hmong Lee can't wear red clothing?. And why the Yang can't eat hearts?.
There is already another thread in a different post.  Go there.

juxwendy

« Reply #1293 on: January 07, 2010, 01:02:00 PM »
   Zongta, that will be one freaky halloween custom. I've always imagine someone dresses in Hmong traditional cloths with scary painted face and than someone else dress as a tiger, than the tiger walk in front and the Hmong cloths scary painted face person walk behind the tiger holding it's tail. That will be a very freaky as heck view for the OGs. Heart attack!.

;D ;D ;D that would be EVIL! But definately worth it!

DRTYLUVN

« Reply #1294 on: January 07, 2010, 01:34:24 PM »
Finally caught up.. some stories are lacking but keep them coming so I can kill more time at work

i knew i wasn't the only one doing this, i feel alot better now

sylliye

« Reply #1295 on: January 07, 2010, 05:17:50 PM »
ahhhh I love this thread... Love all the stories... keep em coming =D

sylliye

« Reply #1296 on: January 07, 2010, 05:20:00 PM »
Finally caught up.. some stories are lacking but keep them coming so I can kill more time at work

i knew i wasn't the only one doing this, i feel alot better now

hahah me too... this kills my time @ work. Hopefully they don't find out and block this site. I've enjoyed these great stories. =D

Havocrazy

« Reply #1297 on: January 07, 2010, 11:34:46 PM »
Part II

Sorry ladies and gentlemen, let my finish my unfinish story of two teenage boy who drove from California all the way to Minnesota just to see a girl that one of the boy has been talking with on the phone.

When they were coming back home the second boy was relief but later added to his concerns his friend wasn't acting much like himself. The first half way was fine, than when they stop talking for a moment (a pause) the first boy started talking in a totally different language. Not only did the second boy just not understanding his friend, the second boy's voice has change completely as well.

The second boy pulled the car over to the side off an highway because he was at most shock and confuse. He try to pull some courage together and than finally ask his friend "Dude! what are you saying?", the first boy snap and said "Whay are we pulled over, is there a cop behind us?". The second boy didn't know what or how to respond back but just started driving again. Midway through the trip the first boy fell asleep, the second boy just cruising listening to the radio trying to stay awake than all of a sudden the first boy woke-up and grab the second boy's arm and make the second boy jump and almost lost control of the wheel but manage to stay focuse during the incedent.

The second boy again didn't know what is going on because his friend has never play these kind of pranks on him ever before. Angryly he yell at the first boy "What are you doing man?, trying to get us both killed?". The first boy snap out of it again and asked "What's going on man?". The second boy didn't even want to answer the question, he's thinking that the first boy is playing a prank on him, maybe. Either way the second boy is now mad but most more likely he is scare out of his skin.

It was quite during the rest of the way, the sun is now starting to float up and it's getting bright enough to see inside the car. The second boy remember when his friend grab his arm back than, his friend's hand was as cold as ice. Just as when he was thinking about it he turn to see if his friend was sleeping okay. The first boy's head was hanging down in front of him like he's drunk instead of a more sleeping with the head turn to the side sort of position. The second boy decided to wake his friend up since they're almost home. He tried braking a bit hard fisrt to test if his friend is still really deep dreaming or is he almost at the waking up stage to where he can feel jerk of movement but it didn't work. So he try beeping the horn and didn't work either. He reach over to smack his friend in the forehead and his friend was still sleeping or is he. The second boy notice how stiff and how cold his friend's forehead is than he realize it.

Rushing all the way home crying and trembling and all, he tried his very best to explain it to his old people about what had happened but couldn't make it out untill hours later when he finally kind of calm down. They did a jingle bell and found out that the first boy was already dead when he left the cemetary, and that it was a fake soul that came into the car with the first boy's body. Everybody yelled at the second boy for being so stupid, not dragging his friend home instead of waiting in the car but that's all they can do now is yell at him.

Havocrazy

« Reply #1298 on: January 07, 2010, 11:47:38 PM »
I heard stories that Hmong Lee can't wear red because back when Hmong and Chinese are at war, the Hmong's clothing is black and the chinese's clothing is red. The rest of the Hmong is okay with the color after the war but with grudge the Lee clan banned the color of their enemy to be worn by any of thier own.

I also heard that because of the war, some Lee black magic men did some black magic that consists demons to attack and kill people that they hate and they set the demons to kill anyone and/or anybody who wears the color red. So they banned every Lee clan family members from wearing it so that the demons won't accidently mistake them for the enemy. And that because most of the black magicians die in battles during the war they never did reverse the curse so it still is going on today.

I don't know but the OGs said that if a Lee now a day wears any kind of red clothing than maybe the demon might not be as powerful as to kill him/her (maily the men because the girls change their last name when they get married) but him/her will be very bad luck as to if you are a Lee and you wear red, you'll be more likely to get hurt in activities that won't even seem dangerous. And you'll be poor, loosing what you treasure and gaining what you hate the most. Anybody heard of anything similar?.

Havocrazy

« Reply #1299 on: January 07, 2010, 11:54:01 PM »
juxwendy sound like she's going to try out the custome next year . . . take pictures! . . . nah just kidding, Hmong people said that use Hmong can't pretend to be dead or to be one of the dead walking because of our traditional background is very strong and it well upset those that we are mocking of and things won't be pretty

Havocrazy

« Reply #1300 on: January 07, 2010, 11:54:53 PM »
just like in one of Bee Monkey's movie when he was trying to hang himself and saw what he didn't want to see

Havocrazy

« Reply #1301 on: January 07, 2010, 11:56:26 PM »
This is going to be the all in one thread but still most ghost stories. I am taking over page 95.

Havocrazy

« Reply #1302 on: January 07, 2010, 11:57:10 PM »
genuinely said my story are more like scary jokes . . . ha ha ha

mlor

« Reply #1303 on: January 08, 2010, 12:20:55 AM »
Some Yangs can't wear red either. According to my friend, her mom said the color brings bad luck.

And I'll post the story of Hmoob Yaj caiv plaw in the clan history thread, pretty interesting to listen to.

juxwendy

« Reply #1304 on: January 08, 2010, 04:46:10 PM »
juxwendy sound like she's going to try out the custome next year . . . take pictures! . . . nah just kidding, Hmong people said that use Hmong can't pretend to be dead or to be one of the dead walking because of our traditional background is very strong and it well upset those that we are mocking of and things won't be pretty

If that's true then they need to BAN all hmong MOVIES that are scary.

Advertisements