Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590295 times)

LADY-K-TUSHLUB

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #1305 on: January 11, 2010, 10:50:58 AM »
Hmong people said that use Hmong can't pretend to be dead or to be one of the dead walking because of our traditional background is very strong and it well upset those that we are mocking of and things won't be pretty
Almost correct ... but like they say, "Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades."

Hmong people cannot be portrayed as dead and use his or her own name.  As they say, "Dab ruam, neej ntse."  The spirits only know what you tell them.  If you say "such and such person is dead," the spirits will come and get them.  But if you assume a character's name (which is different from your given name), then you can act dead.

Another "no-no" is to climb into a coffin and play dead.  I don't know what happens to the people who have done that for movies, so I can't comment on the outcomes.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Havocrazy

« Reply #1306 on: January 11, 2010, 12:04:10 PM »
Lady-k, you seem to know a whole lot about all these supernatural paranormal myths. You show little respect at first but I guess you're learning. They said never judge a book by it's cover but in here we all don't have a book cover so most likely we judge the book by it's story and the way it tells the story. The point is we shouldn't be judging at all to begin with, just read and enjoy the ideas and knowledge of other who's welling to share any.

Havocrazy

« Reply #1307 on: January 11, 2010, 12:04:51 PM »
juxwendy, you make that pug look so good

Havocrazy

« Reply #1308 on: January 11, 2010, 12:05:04 PM »
and I am not talking food wise either

LADY-K-TUSHLUB

« Reply #1309 on: January 11, 2010, 01:54:18 PM »
Lady-k, you seem to know a whole lot about all these supernatural paranormal myths. You show little respect at first but I guess you're learning. They said never judge a book by it's cover but in here we all don't have a book cover so most likely we judge the book by it's story and the way it tells the story. The point is we shouldn't be judging at all to begin with, just read and enjoy the ideas and knowledge of other who's welling to share any.
LOL ... I do know a lot ... that's cause I hang with the elders.  But to comment on the judging the book by its cover ... I believe it was you who judged me, not I you.  I merely stated that tellers of these stories on this post, should take the care to, at least, write so that the rest can understand the story without having to sift through grammatical and spelling errors.

Whiteboy

« Reply #1310 on: January 11, 2010, 10:26:11 PM »
whew. ok, i've finally caught up.

here is my extensive review of these new authors...

lady k, he's an interesting fellow. some of his stories are up to par with the goosebumb series by R. L. Stein. the rest are just like midocre fright stories that you can find on the internet meant to be told at camp. a part of me feels that his stories are just a way for him to reminesce about the ex wife cuz dang he mentiones her a lot. lol. perhaps it's theraputic for him to tell stories and include her in there. altho not all his stories mention her, but it seems his "best" ones include her. i give him props for his diagrams, shows effort and adds an aspect of "realism."

havorcrazy, a long time author, but his stories are always too far fetched and unbelieveable. i found it funny that when he felt offended by lady k, his stories actually made more sense cuz he actually spent the time to re-read and edit his stories for grammar and spelling errors. he doesn't really tell scary stories, at most i'd say they are "scary" jokes.

whiteboy, he seems to be a new character. his stories seems to involve the outdoors a lot. to me, it seems that his friends lied to him and tricked him. i mean fishing and catching a body? yet, no cops have been called and yet his friends belieiving him? soundslike a weak mind to me. but oh well.

as for the hmong ladies who read these forums. LMAO! you entertain me the most with your chickeness. you get scared going to the bathroom. lol. sounds like y'all get scared at the most little thing, even with ur hubby at your side.

some stories about haunted rest areas and what not, that's explained by hallucinations . stories about catching furry animals and stuff and killing cats and what not. sounds to me like cases of animal cruelty. catching poj nxtoog and tieing them up and urinating on them and marrying them...sounds like some sick kinky fantasy. i wouldn't be surprised if these ol G's who tell u these stories meant little girl when they said poj ntxoog, what sickos.

I guess... But you know how story is told. It's just like that game, by the time it gets to the last person, it seems to be different and change. It's hard to tell other people experience because it just seems to be a story. My story is not story, it's about me and what experience (if you had read some of my experience). Like I said in my post, that it started with a simple fever. To open my mind to see what I see. I still see it nowadays. But hey! They don't bother me. What scares me the most is the dark shadowy one. How bout you? Tell us some of your experience what you've seen. Seems to me you just telling other people o story

Gatorade_Guy

« Reply #1311 on: January 12, 2010, 10:54:11 AM »
People just scare themselves. Unfortunately, I have no experiences to share.

JaS

« Reply #1312 on: January 12, 2010, 06:28:36 PM »
can someone translate the story above in english  :-[

JaS

« Reply #1313 on: January 12, 2010, 06:48:04 PM »
But I don't know how to read in hmong  :'(

babiie_gurlo

« Reply #1314 on: January 12, 2010, 07:28:25 PM »
im having a hard time reading in hmoob.. sucks.. im not gettin it!

babiie_gurlo

« Reply #1315 on: January 12, 2010, 07:28:40 PM »
hunnaydew- i would be freak out!

babiie_gurlo

« Reply #1316 on: January 12, 2010, 09:07:43 PM »
Kuv tsis kam txhais lus rau neb nawb.
why??

JaS

« Reply #1317 on: January 12, 2010, 10:18:47 PM »
But you understand Hmong, right?

I can speak and understand hmong, jux can't read it.

babiie_gurlo

« Reply #1318 on: January 12, 2010, 10:48:38 PM »
Mob mob taub hau li os.
its ok los mas.. sounds kinda scary so i guess i wont need to finsih the rest.

babiie_gurlo

« Reply #1319 on: January 12, 2010, 10:58:20 PM »
The end is like one of those Korean stories--not so happy but memorable.

What you have so far is just part 1.
so then ur saying ur gonna write up part 2?

Advertisements