Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590288 times)

babiie_gurlo

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #1380 on: January 27, 2010, 02:12:52 PM »
I've always heard that bird pooping on you is a bad sign. 
me too that's what i heard

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

alwayssmile

« Reply #1381 on: January 27, 2010, 04:38:34 PM »
talking about ghost stories, i love it.. but when i'm alone and it's dark at night, i am the most how is the scariest of everyone... i remember when i was still a kid...  there was so much going on.. my younger sister seeing ghost, a ghost was following my brother at night after he went and visit his girlfriend, my brother and my sister, a ghost was on top of them, someone keeps on calling my mom, and me, i saw it twice but wasn't scared.. you can say i was too young to be scared... there is one i would never forget.. the house i used to live in marysville, ca... it's been 13, 14 years now and i'm still dreaming about that house... in my dream, it's a haunted house.. it's scary

sahara

« Reply #1382 on: January 28, 2010, 08:51:44 AM »
talking about ghost stories, i love it.. but when i'm alone and it's dark at night, i am the most how is the scariest of everyone... i remember when i was still a kid...  there was so much going on.. my younger sister seeing ghost, a ghost was following my brother at night after he went and visit his girlfriend, my brother and my sister, a ghost was on top of them, someone keeps on calling my mom, and me, i saw it twice but wasn't scared.. you can say i was too young to be scared... there is one i would never forget.. the house i used to live in marysville, ca... it's been 13, 14 years now and i'm still dreaming about that house... in my dream, it's a haunted house.. it's scary

Please share more of your stories.  We would love to hear it.

bossymum

true scary stories
« Reply #1383 on: January 28, 2010, 11:38:38 AM »
i know this thread has been made before in the past..but there's always new members and new stories..and i lovveee ghost stories..so share some of your experiences or stories you've all heard..

here's one that happened to my cousins..

my uncle's real dad was a xiong but he grew up as a Thao because i think his mom got remarried when he was super young..so he just stuck with the thao clan until he grew old with kids and such..one day he decided to change the family's last name back to Xiong..the thao clan said he can do as he wish but he will always belong witht he thao clan because he grew up as one of them..anywho he made his son's change their last names and the oldest refused to because he was dating a xiong chick and he told my uncle he grew up as a thao not a xiong..anyways ..the oldest son had a wife(she was mien) and a newborn but yet he was cheating on her with this xiong chick(that will later become his second wife)..well his wife cried and cried and tries to stop him whenever he would go out with the xiong gf..and so one day his cell went missing and everyone was searching for it..they search all over the house..the car..etc..well he was mad because he was a manager and he needed his cell for work reasons i guess..a week or so later his phone turned up..it was sitting on the kitchen counter..the family thought it was really weird because one day it just appear on the kitchen counter..no one claim to have found it and put it there..it just showed up.when they opened up the fone to check if there was any messages, text, or missed calls..they saw that he had a missed call..so they view the message and it was from their deceased grandpa..he say that he was mad because firs of all they change their last name and that shouldnt be done because they belong to the the thao clan..and sencon of all hte was mad that the oldest son treated his wife badly and that he cheated..he wanted them to change because he wasnt happy..so yup..its not so scary but it is creepy

« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 11:40:36 AM by bossymum »

2Wicked

Re: true scary stories
« Reply #1384 on: January 28, 2010, 11:44:44 AM »

so what was the missed call's number?

this could be like an adult blocked his number and left him a message.   ::)

Gatorade_Guy

« Reply #1385 on: January 28, 2010, 11:45:51 AM »
LOL. someone reprogrammed his phone.

Rendered-Useless

« Reply #1386 on: January 28, 2010, 11:46:07 AM »
interesting how the deceased grandma was up to par with technology and text messenging...  you would think cell phones were after her time...

IH8MyEx

« Reply #1387 on: January 28, 2010, 11:46:47 AM »
So after the call/text did the oldest Son stop cheating or is he still cheating to this day?

bossymum

« Reply #1388 on: January 28, 2010, 11:49:02 AM »
interesting how the deceased grandma was up to par with technology and text messenging...  you would think cell phones were after her time...
no it was a voice mail message

So after the call/text did the oldest Son stop cheating or is he still cheating to this day?
nope..after the call the oldest son divorce the wife and married the gf..he didnt care.but his luck died down because he lost his job, car, house and everything after that and had to go back to his parents

Rendered-Useless

« Reply #1389 on: January 28, 2010, 11:51:57 AM »
i have a story too...this happened to a friend of friend...who's friends with my cousin's cousin's cousin...  some weird stuff too.

anyways the story goes...there was this hmong chick in laos who was probably no more then 14 yrs at the time the incident occurred.  anyways she most her life surfing the internet only.  didn't know how to cook or clean or do any chores... one day a "white" american male stumbled across her in some random chat room/forum and from there stalked her.  he flew all the way from america to laos and met her. he kidnapped her and murdered her.  

anyways, her supposed spirit still haunts there family to this day...  how scary is that?

bossymum

« Reply #1390 on: January 28, 2010, 11:54:30 AM »
okay so here's another one..my sil's hmong teacher told it..

well wen the hmong teacher was kid back in thailand he had this buddy..and at nite he would wake up to go pee outside and his buddy always woke up at the same time..so they were potty partners LOL..and they both do thisfunny thing whereas when they are peeing they would wave both their arms in the air..(i know..its weird and funny)anyways..one day his buddy got real sick and died..so one nite after the burial he woke up to go pee..wen he was finishing up he turned to return to his house when he saw his buddy peeking out from the corner side of his house..so he just stood there and looked at his dead buddy..and suddenly his buddy did the "potty wave" at him and he did the "potty wave" back to his buddy (smiling)and his buddy ducked and vanished..he said that it was his buddy saying goodbye for the last time so he wasnt scare and he just went back inside..

« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 11:58:09 AM by bossymum »

bossymum

« Reply #1391 on: January 28, 2010, 11:56:18 AM »
i have a story too...this happened to a friend of friend...who's friends with my cousin's cousin's cousin...  some weird stuff too.

anyways the story goes...there was this hmong chick in laos who was probably no more then 14 yrs at the time the incident occurred.  anyways she most her life surfing the internet only.  didn't know how to cook or clean or do any chores... one day a "white" american male stumbled across her in some random chat room/forum and from there stalked her.  he flew all the way from america to laos and met her. he kidnapped her and murdered her.  

anyways, her supposed spirit still haunts there family to this day...  how scary is that?
so what does her spirt do to her fam?

koDak_moments

« Reply #1392 on: January 28, 2010, 12:07:41 PM »
You should have just continued on the Hmong Scary stories thread, its is not at 102 pages and counting!!!   ;D ;D

LADY-K-TUSHLUB

« Reply #1393 on: January 28, 2010, 12:09:37 PM »
i know this thread has been made before in the past..but there's always new members and new stories..and i lovveee ghost stories..so share some of your experiences or stories you've all heard..

one day he decided to change the family's last name back to Xiong..the thao clan said he can do as he wish but he will always belong witht he thao clan because he grew up as one of them [excerpts]
It all depends on what happened when the mom remarried.

If, when the mother remarried, the new father hu plig and laig dab for the kids along with the mother, then technically, no, he cannot change back to a Xiong.  Well, officially, he can name his last name whatever, but when it comes to the religion, he cannot.  What usually happens, then is, the ancestors will looj koov the family, but I haven't heard about cell phone incidents.  Maybe it's just coincidence, and unrelated.

But, if the new father didn't do those things mentioned above, then the kids should have never been real Thao's in the first place, so nothing should have happened.

In the Hmong tradition and culture, usually the new father will only laig dab for the kids into the new family if a) the biological father is deceased, or b) if the biological father gave up all rights and responsibility for the kids.  Otherwise, the biological father is still the person responsible.  As far as the hu plig part, since it's more for a healthy life than it is for ancestral worship, its importance isn't as high as a priority.

bossymum

« Reply #1394 on: January 28, 2010, 12:10:44 PM »
here's another one that happened during one of my granny's funeral last year.

wel my granny lived to a very old age..she eventually became blind then died..well when she was still alive she was saving alot of money so that when she die her sons will have that money to do a funeral for her because she felt that her sons couldnt afford to rent a funeral home and do all the preparations.. anyways she saved alot alot of money..so wen she died her sons,daughters,sil,dil were all arguing about who gets to keep the money that was not being put into the funeral..we had this whole big family dispute during her whole funeral..all the siblings were quarreling and angry with eachother that they were soo focused on being angry they kind of shrug those anger to all the rest of the relatives..eve ryone thought they should just let the oldest hold it and whenever someone need $ they can always go to the bro and get some..but nope..they didnt agree..so you know who the women would prepare the food at the house then send it to the funeral home?well my aunts were making ka poon(however u spell it) there were two big pot of boiling ka poon liquid.my granny daughter was biatching at one of my other aunt sayin that she stole some of the grocery $(which she didnt)and order for the return of the $..while all this yelling was goin on one of the big pots suddendly tips over and all the liquid spelled.(it was mid summer,hot,humid,no wind)so how did it tip over when no one was near it?one of the elders say it was cause my granny was mad that all her children were fighting over $ wen they were suppose to honor her death instead they were greedy and only wanter her $.so tipping the pot over was to shw her children that she was really pissed off.

Advertisements