Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590065 times)

Peaches

Re: Share ghost stories
« Reply #1710 on: April 13, 2010, 11:54:48 PM »
it was a couple of years ago when my mom worked at a wholesale florist place on the boarder of mpls. and st. paul.
it wasn't until 1AM that she got off. while driving home, she saw someone or something in a white night gown crossing the street just as she was crossing the intersection. once my mom passed, she looked in a rear view mirror and saw nothing. she then remembered that she was driving next to a cemetery, she stepped on the gas and she called my dad to be outside waiting for her when she got home  ;D

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

shesaid

« Reply #1711 on: April 14, 2010, 12:00:46 AM »
went out to dinner this past weekend w/ some of the girls. one of my niece got a phone call from her husband that her 5 yr old son saw a black "thing" w/ red eyes outside in the front yard and it didn't have any arms or legs.  she called back to check up on him and no one was able to find him. finally they found him...he had locked himself up in the bathroom, poor thing!  the house her little boy was at is somewhat haunted b/c the Hmong people who use to live there are shamans. I've heard of weird things happening there too  :o

Like this post: 0

sylliye

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #1712 on: April 14, 2010, 07:56:49 AM »
This is a story that happened to my husband’s younger brother (Thomas) years ago. As you all know Hmong ppl have a gazillion ppl living under one roof. lol. At that time Thomas and another BIL and an uncle slept in the living room. Thomas slept on the sofas (he combined/closed in the love seat with the long one). Where he slept makes the kitchen area visible to him and the door to the garage faces directly at him. FYI- the light switch for the kitchen is next to the garage door.

One night when everyone was asleep, Thomas was awaken by a startling creaking noise, as if it was coming from the garage door. Scared as *uck, his heart beat started racing and he just listened quietly to see if something else was going to happen. Sure enough, the garage door started to open slowly and his body started to become numb.

A very dark distorted shadow/figure twirled and drifted towards him. The closer it came the bigger the shadow became. He did not know what to do since this was the first time he experienced anything like this so he stayed quiet and just kept looking @ the shadow. Then it happened. The dark figure started jumping on the sofa near my BIL’s feet.  Trembling with fear, my BIL’s whole body became paralyzed. He couldn’t breathe or move. After a few seconds of struggling the shadow/figure vanished and my BIL relieved, just shut his eyes and fell back to sleep.

The next morning when everyone was awake, he told us about it. He was scared as h3ll and he never imagined that something like that would happen to him. He have only heard about these tsog stories, but never experienced it.

Then my husband came out laughing and said, “I was the shadow you saw last night. I came to get a bottle for my son and you’re a$$ was snoring so freaken loud, after I turned off the light switch, I climbed onto the sofa and pinched your nose for a few seconds so that you’d stop snoring.”

LOL, it was hilarious, but I’m sure Thomas was horrified. So this whole time Thomas was just imagining it? Hmmm idk… What I believe is that he was in the state of sleep paralysis…and so he felt numb and didn’t have control over his body. But what doesn’t make sense is, why is if this is the real explanation, then how come sleep paralysis always make our minds have illusions of scary stuff? Maybe the tsog or that shadow/figure and my husband were both fooling with him at the same time….

QaumNtujTubTxib

« Reply #1713 on: April 14, 2010, 09:23:12 AM »
went out to dinner this past weekend w/ some of the girls. one of my niece got a phone call from her husband that her 5 yr old son saw a black "thing" w/ red eyes outside in the front yard and it didn't have any arms or legs.  she called back to check up on him and no one was able to find him. finally they found him...he had locked himself up in the bathroom, poor thing!  the house her little boy was at is somewhat haunted b/c the Hmong people who use to live there are shamans. I've heard of weird things happening there too  :o

so just because people who practice shamanism used to live there that made the house haunted?

Images

« Reply #1714 on: April 14, 2010, 09:33:21 AM »
my daughter had a "friend" that always played with her when me and my ex were still married. she just barely learned how to talk but being her mother I understood her every move and every word that she squeezed out.
one evening after work, I felt this weird sensation up my back as I was laying down. my daugter was sleeping in the other room.. right when I felt that weird tingling feeling go up my back I heard my daughter screaming and crying. I was terrified but I couldn't move.  my ex was sleeping in the living room. 
I was trying to get up. sweating all over and after about a minute of that.. I finally got out of it and ran to my daugter. screaming ad yelling at my ex, I got to the room and there was a cat in the room. I had no clue how it got there but I grabbed my daugter and as I turned around to see where the cat was, it was gone. it just disappeared. I ran to the living with my daughter in my chest. the ex wasn't there, it was like he disappeared too. I called him and he said.." I'm still working. what happened?".. goodness I never stayed alone in that house ever again.

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #1715 on: April 14, 2010, 09:49:22 AM »
my husband got shot by one of the guest that was at his brother's girlfriend birthday party. until this day, i don't understand why it happen? I know that he's in a better place now and he's watching over me so nothing bad can happen.

A sad loss.  But like Tupac said " Life goes on" need someone to talk because of problems then pm me.

Images

« Reply #1716 on: April 14, 2010, 09:53:41 AM »
wow.. no one wants to share..

sahara

« Reply #1717 on: April 14, 2010, 09:56:05 AM »
my daughter had a "friend" that always played with her when me and my ex were still married. she just barely learned how to talk but being her mother I understood her every move and every word that she squeezed out.
one evening after work, I felt this weird sensation up my back as I was laying down. my daugter was sleeping in the other room.. right when I felt that weird tingling feeling go up my back I heard my daughter screaming and crying. I was terrified but I couldn't move.  my ex was sleeping in the living room. 
I was trying to get up. sweating all over and after about a minute of that.. I finally got out of it and ran to my daugter. screaming ad yelling at my ex, I got to the room and there was a cat in the room. I had no clue how it got there but I grabbed my daugter and as I turned around to see where the cat was, it was gone. it just disappeared. I ran to the living with my daughter in my chest. the ex wasn't there, it was like he disappeared too. I called him and he said.." I'm still working. what happened?".. goodness I never stayed alone in that house ever again.

That's scary!

Mr.New

« Reply #1718 on: April 14, 2010, 10:06:46 AM »
A sad loss.  But like Tupac said " Life goes on" need someone to talk because of problems then pm me.

CAN'T SAY NOTHIN MUCH BUTTA DUDE YOU DON'T WANT THAT 40 YEAR OLD LOOKIN LADY TO PM YOU ;D

QaumNtujTubTxib

« Reply #1719 on: April 14, 2010, 10:59:04 AM »
I found this from another site which gave me the chills

Alright true story here and I saw it with my own eyes... hell, I TOUCHED it..

My grandfather's brother passed away about 7 years ago and we've been visiting his grave every year ever since.
In 2004, his wife remarried to another man and there was a HUGE family dispute. Her children wouldn't let her remarry because they didn't want to betray their father, however the other family said that it was her decision and not that of her children. So after a while, the children gave up and the wife remarried. It was also around the time of the anniversary of her husband's death so my dad and I paid a visit to his grave. My dad opened up a can of soda and placed it on the grave and I placed a few oranges down. We then burned some incense and knelt down and bowed and stuff. But then, all of a sudden, we noticed that the can of soda was BOILING!! No it wasn't fizzing, because I FELT IT WITH MY HANDS and it was hot to the touch. The soda was boiling and it spilled over the grave and some got on the oranges.

My dad cried right there and then. He said this and I remembered it to this day "Thov txhob npau taws rau koj cov me nyuam vim tias niam tij mus yuav luag lwm tus lawm. Koj cov me nyuam tseem yog koj roj koj ntshav, es thov koj tseg kiag koj txoj kev npau taws. Peb yeej hlub koj thiab niam tij kawg, tiam sis nws tsuas yog mus yuav lwm haiv hmoob lawm xwb, es peb thiaj li ua tsis tau dab tsi."

Right after that the soda stopped boiling and me and my dad were just standing there looking at the gravestone. After 2 minutes or so, the creepiest thing happened....

There was no wind, no breeze, absolutely nothing. The can tipped over by itself and 3 oranges rolled off the gravestone. Now the gravestone was perfectly horizontal and wasn't tilted anywhere, so there was no way the oranges could've rolled off by themselves. The soda can that was tipped over spilled more soda over the gravestone as my dad and I just stood there and watched.

And then, it hit me...... the soda spilled everywhere on the grave, except the picture of my uncle which was embedded into the gravestone. I looked at the picture and I could eerily feel his eyes staring straight at me.

We went home and told his children about it. They cried. Yea, it was pretty damn emotional and everything. Then 3 months later the wife died in her sleep.

At the funeral, my dad asked me if I remembered how many oranges I put on the husband's grave. I said that I put about 5 oranges down on his grave. Then my dad asked me if I remembered how many oranges rolled off his grave. I said three. My dad said that the husband came and got the wife, because THREE months after our little encounter, she died...

We had to do hu plig for me and my dad afterwards... I don't think I'll ever forget that in my whole life.

I have a similar story...

My dad's baby brother died back in 2000. Before he died, he adn his wife talked and his wife (my aunt) promised my uncle that if he happens to die (at the time he was really sick), my aunt will not leave the children and remarried because one of my cousin was still young. If she was to remarry, he would come back for her. Not long after that, my uncle passed away. My uncle had a son who was locked up since he was 13, and when my uncle died, my cousin didn't even get to see him. Also, in 1999 my uncle's oldest son passed away in his sleep. Also, the cousin didn't get to attend his older brother's funeral. When he was release out of prison, my cousin was in his late 20's early 30's.

After my uncle died, my aunt remarried and my cousin was released from prison. My cousin wanted my aunt to take him to go see his dad, ,so they went. While they were at the cemetary and at my uncle's plot, out of no where, a bee came flying and stung my aunt on one of her finger. This happened while they were still cleaning his gravestone.

After they came back home, my aunt's finger never got better. It got worst as each day goes by. The doctors didn;t know why her finger wasn't healing especially from a mere bee sting. Also she wasn't allergic to bee stings either. None of the medications the doctors are prescribing worked.

This went on for almost 1 year...then she finally died. Before she died, she was hospitalized. When she was in the hospital and in ICU, she would constantly call my dead cousin's name.

After she died, she came back to my oldest brother's dream and told him that our uncle came and took her with him because they've promised each other to not remarry after one dies. she remarried, so she broker her promise and thus he came back to get her....

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: April 14, 2010, 11:11:55 AM »
Mutherfucker!

I had a nightmare the other night. I was walking around a funeral home filled with open
caskets and dead Caucasian people. My siblings were with me at the home but not in the same
room. So, I was walking around, looking at the dead, curious as to how they'd died. Then
in a shadowed corner, I saw a very tall person, dressed in Hmong clothes for the dead. The person
just stood there, lifeless and seemed to be staring at me. Though I'd stopped walking, it seems
like I was being pulled closer and closer to that person. I came so close that I started to smell
that awful smell of a dead body, not the rotting smell but that smell of the liquids used to clean
the body, which fills the air surrounding the dead body at a funeral, which is a stench difficult to get
rid of. Anyway, so I just stared at that person as I was being pulled closer and I was scared, so
scared, that I didn't even want to flinch. The smell was getting stronger as I got nearer. Then finally
I woke up and gawd, my room smelt like that stench of the dead at a funeral!

But I didn't think much and tried to go back to sleep. Should I be scared and or curious at all?

« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 01:16:37 PM by yubnag »

Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: April 14, 2010, 11:12:27 AM »
I have a similar story...

My dad's baby brother died back in 2000. Before he died, he adn his wife talked and his wife (my aunt) promised my uncle that if he happens to die (at the time he was really sick), my aunt will not leave the children and remarried because one of my cousin was still young. If she was to remarry, he would come back for her. Not long after that, my uncle passed away. My uncle had a son who was locked up since he was 13, and when my uncle died, my cousin didn't even get to see him. Also, in 1999 my uncle's oldest son passed away in his sleep. Also, the cousin didn't get to attend his older brother's funeral. When he was release out of prison, my cousin was in his late 20's early 30's.

After my uncle died, my aunt remarried and my cousin was released from prison. My cousin wanted my aunt to take him to go see his dad, ,so they went. While they were at the cemetary and at my uncle's plot, out of no where, a bee came flying and stung my aunt on one of her finger. This happened while they were still cleaning his gravestone.

After they came back home, my aunt's finger never got better. It got worst as each day goes by. The doctors didn;t know why her finger wasn't healing especially from a mere bee sting. Also she wasn't allergic to bee stings either. None of the medications the doctors are prescribing worked.

This went on for almost 1 year...then she finally died. Before she died, she was hospitalized. When she was in the hospital and in ICU, she would constantly call my dead cousin's name.

After she died, she came back to my oldest brother's dream and told him that our uncle came and took her with him because they've promised each other to not remarry after one dies. she remarried, so she broker her promise and thus he came back to get her....

That's awful, I'm sorry to hear.

Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.

TamTSEEB!

« Reply #1722 on: April 14, 2010, 11:16:31 AM »
Mutherfucker!

I had a nightmare the other night. I was walking around a funeral home filled with open
caskets and dead Caucasian people. My siblings were with me at the home with me but not in the same
room. So, I was walking around, looking at the dead, curious as to how they'd died. Then
in a shadowed corner, I saw a very tall person, dressed in Hmong clothes for the dead. The person
just stood there, lifeless and seemed to be staring at me. Though I'd stopped walking, it seems
like I was being pulled closer and closer to that person. I came so close that I started to smell
that awful smell of a dead body, not the rotting smell but that smell of the liquids used to clean
the body, which fills the air surrounding the dead body at a funeral, which is a stench difficult to get
rid of. Anyway, so I just stared at that person as I was being pulled closer and I was scared, so
scared, that I didn't even want to flinch. The smell was getting stronger as I got nearer. Then finally
I woke up and gawd, my room smelt like that stench of the dead at a funeral!

But I didn't think much and tried to go back to sleep. Should I be scared and or curious at all?

Awww, that stinks (no pun intended)!  It's ok though.  Sometimes, annoying people wake up early and cook really smelly food inside my home.  The smell can be so strong that I smell it in my dream too, waking me up!  I'm sure if you wash all the dirty articles of clothing and sheets in your room and shampoo the carpet, the smell will go away. 

sahara

« Reply #1723 on: April 14, 2010, 11:23:57 AM »
Yubnag,

That is one scary dream and yet to be awaken by the smell too...Maybe talk to your parents or grandparents about it and see what they say.

zena

« Reply #1724 on: April 14, 2010, 12:07:37 PM »

I wonder what it means to see cats or kittens.  Another time, my parents and I saw a pure white cat (more like an older kitten) dangling from a small branch of leaves of a huge tree.  Mom pulled him off the tree but I can never understand how he got to where he was because this tree was so big and old and there were tons of little branches full of dangling leaves.   

Here's another incident:  Husband and I went to the mountains (Central City...if you know Colorado) with the camera because once when we drove up there I saw this really old cemetery that I thought would be cool to take pictures of and do some art work with it.  Well, that day we went with the camera the sky was clear and everything looked nice and clear.  We took a bunch of photos of the cemetery and tombstones.  Suddenly this huge fog crept in quickly.  It was so thick I got scared.  We headed downward to an old ghost town and took some more pictures.  The fog seemed to have followed us because suddenly we couldn't see anything anymore.  I was so scared I refused to get out of the car to get any more pictures.  Husband wasn't scared so he took some more but I told him to get in and lets go because I didn't want to be completely stuck up there and have to wait for the fog to lift. 

When we got home, we took the photos to develop and out of 35 photos, only 5 were returned to us (they were photos of my hair that I had taken earlier and then one photo of the ghost town just before the fog but it had a couple of yellow scratches embedded on the film so it was smooth on the surface but it looked like someone had scratched underneath it).  All the rest were blanks or damaged.  Husband was pretty confused because he's never had any problems developing with that camera.  This was the first time the films didn't develop.

Advertisements