Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590283 times)

Offline lifemystery

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #1875 on: June 21, 2010, 02:46:40 AM »
Never has this happened to me before but last night I heard several creepy howls for a while and a cat screaming outside near the front porch :o. That night a lady I know took her dog with her to visit a friend. In the Hmong culture cats are also known to represent people that passed away to come back for a visit. I hope that's not them in front of the porch telling me to open the door for them. I don't live in or near the boonies either.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 03:16:52 AM by lifemystery »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Images

« Reply #1876 on: June 22, 2010, 05:08:23 PM »
Dam, the photo of the ghost in page 131 was not funny!  My heart almost stopped.

Tell me about it!

highfever

« Reply #1877 on: June 23, 2010, 08:43:39 PM »
well...this happen 2 years ago. i start playing the qeeb (however u spell it)
and well a friend of mine (whose name i shall not say so lets call her Lady)
Lady was a great friend of mine n would loved to hear her father play the qeeb so when she started to know me,she asked if i can play 4 her too. i laughed it off and told her as a joke that maybe when its time but at the moment lets just imagine it. But of course soon friendship turned into love so, we kinda start off but of course family and parents wont allow it. so, soon the situation gotten so bad she decieded tat without love she wont live and she committed suicide but over dosing. But the night before she OD herself i got a phone call from her saying that she will miss me and will always love me. i didnt think anything will happen so i went with it.

the next morning her sister called and told me that Lady was gone. i should come back pay my respect to her.
so i did. when i got to the funeral home, i saw her sleeping in the coffin i try to hold back tears and said my farewells.
but as i saw the Og playing the Qeeb i deciede tat i want to play for it. I asked the Og if i can take a shot at it
the og reply
"son arent you too young to be playing for the dead"
but..he never stop me so, i took the shot and play it all 3 days for the funeral.
as i play i saw her woke up from the coffin and smile and asked
"HEY YOU, UR PLAYING ME A SONG FROM THE QEEB, AWW IM HAPPY" but it was in hmong
all i did was froze and smile and cry,
after 3 days was over i never play the qeeb ever again!,

but with the beers n other things in my stomache, it was kinda hard to say wat i saw though  :P :P :P

No regret

« Reply #1878 on: June 25, 2010, 11:31:32 PM »
well...this happen 2 years ago. i start playing the qeeb (however u spell it)
and well a friend of mine (whose name i shall not say so lets call her Lady)
Lady was a great friend of mine n would loved to hear her father play the qeeb so when she started to know me,she asked if i can play 4 her too. i laughed it off and told her as a joke that maybe when its time but at the moment lets just imagine it. But of course soon friendship turned into love so, we kinda start off but of course family and parents wont allow it. so, soon the situation gotten so bad she decieded tat without love she wont live and she committed suicide but over dosing. But the night before she OD herself i got a phone call from her saying that she will miss me and will always love me. i didnt think anything will happen so i went with it.

the next morning her sister called and told me that Lady was gone. i should come back pay my respect to her.
so i did. when i got to the funeral home, i saw her sleeping in the coffin i try to hold back tears and said my farewells.
but as i saw the Og playing the Qeeb i deciede tat i want to play for it. I asked the Og if i can take a shot at it
the og reply
"son arent you too young to be playing for the dead"
but..he never stop me so, i took the shot and play it all 3 days for the funeral.
as i play i saw her woke up from the coffin and smile and asked
"HEY YOU, UR PLAYING ME A SONG FROM THE QEEB, AWW IM HAPPY" but it was in hmong
all i did was froze and smile and cry,
after 3 days was over i never play the qeeb ever again!,

but with the beers n other things in my stomache, it was kinda hard to say wat i saw though  :P :P :P

funniest story ever...get real!!! ;D

highfever

« Reply #1879 on: June 28, 2010, 04:51:51 PM »
im from Mn, so you know ppl always said tat theres a lake in the eastside called pahlen lake and its suppose to be haunted
well 3 years ago, i took my baby brother to the lake for a stroll, so as i stroll around my baby brother kept on crying
i was wondering why, but you know, not knowing anything so i though he was jux cranky
but weird thigns started to happen that night.

the following night my baby brother was breathing...sl owly with ease and sleeping. i was resting waiting for my dad to returned home, so i knocked out,
that night i dream that a lady in hmong clothes came to me and told me to get up and wake up my baby brother, or else he wont be getting back up
I broke up from the dream with sweats and though it was all a dream but i kinda notice that it was rainning very hard, and cats are MEOWING away, so i rush to
my baby brother's crib. and he was crying very loud, so i grab him and ran like hell to my uncle's house from there, i explain everything to my uncle
and this is when everything explain who the lady was.........
ill finish it when im not lazy  :P

aWorkinProgress

« Reply #1880 on: June 30, 2010, 09:58:08 PM »
damn finally finished reading this whole thread.
well this is just a story i herd but i think its kind of creepy

There was this one hmong girl that live somewhere in cali, not sure where. Well, one night i think she was talking on the phone late and went to sleep around 2-3am, suddenly she just about to close her eyes about for 5 min and wasnt asleep yet but in the process to. Suddenly the closet door started to open, and she was sleeping facing it too. She pretended to sleep and open her eyes a little bit to she what the hell it was, suddenly and man in hmong clothes popped out and started to walk towards her, then he extend his arm to her and tell her to come with her. I think he knows that she is awake even though she pretended. As he just finished saying that a woman in hmong clothes popped out and held the man in the arm and said that its not time yet and to go back. the guy said that if he dont take her now he wont have another chance. after awhile she finally convince the guy and they both went back inside the closet. she didnt sleep at all through out the whole night. finally around 8am she finally have the courage to run out the door because the closet is right next to the door. she went and told her mom. they did this shaman thing and she never saw that thing again after that

Ladie_rain

« Reply #1881 on: July 05, 2010, 08:18:38 AM »
My aunt and uncle attended a funeral for one of my uncle's family members. It was at the legacy funeral home in Maplewood in Mn..They were in line to eat when they notice 2 guys wearing hmong clothes in line with them but no one thought anything of it cause it was a traditional funeral. My aunt also didn't think anything of it either until she dropped a piece of meat under the table and went to pick it up, when she did there was another guy just like the 2 dressed in hmong clothes under the table licking the piece of dropped meat. She was so scared her face turned pale, that's when my uncle ask her is she is ok she said no so they left. As soon as they got to the stop light she told my uncle what she saw and he had to do a hu plig thing for her once they got back home..

We were driving from MI to MN for a wedding we decided to go at night that way we'd avoid the whole Chicago traffic. While we were driving through Wisconsin my 16 yr old niece was sitting next to me and I was driving everyone else was asleep. We got to this certain part of Wis and she asked me if I could see the the white people dressed like KKK clan members over there which was still a distance away.I told her no cause I didn'thave my glasses on cause I only needed them for night driving but never bothered to wear them. When we got to the certain area she said she saw the KKK clan peeps it was nothing but a cemetery..I was scared as hell but she was just in shock and swore she saw people walking around.

Ladie_rain

« Reply #1882 on: July 05, 2010, 08:41:39 AM »
There's this campground here in MI up by Port Huron right on the canadian border.. A couple of years some hmong teenagers went camping there. There was this hmong Hang guy he's around 16 at the time he was single and lonely, while he was sleeping he felt someone come and woke him up when he looked up he saw this beautiful white girl she told him she was lonely so he got up and talked to her. She told him she was hungry so he fed her and they developed a friendship. When the teenagers left after that weekend he told everyone that he has a girlfriend now but no one believed him. The ghost girl followed him home. A couple of weeks after the camping trip his parents notice a change in him.They notice he was losing weight although he claims to be hungry all the time and he'd sleep all day and stay up all night at night his parents would hear him talking to someone but when they went into his room there's no one there but him. For weeks this kind of behavior went on until the boy was losing so much weight and had became pale when his dad decided to ask him who he was talking to. He then replied by saying that it was his girlfriend he was talking to, his dad asked him where she was and he said she was sitting next to him but his dad did not see her or anything there. The dad then got scared and went to the grandparents for help the boy's grandma who is a shaman herself went to see the boy and asked the boy how he met this gf and told his grandma that the girl had came to him hungry when they were at camp. So the grandma conducted this ceremony to send the girl back it was during this cememony that the grandma found out that the gf and her bf got into a car accident around that area where the boys were camping and she died there and has been there since until he came along. They had manage to send her away but I guess a condition to this kind of ceremony is that u he can't call her name or look for her or she'll come back weeks went by and the boy boy to really depress cause he really missed the girl and then one day while he was sitting on the front porch of his house he called her name and once again she appreared and to this day is she is with him.

koDak_moments

« Reply #1883 on: July 06, 2010, 08:37:16 AM »
I've heard many stories about that campground close to port huron.  Its like a fishing place also.  Everyone from MI knows about that place.  A lot of things has happened.  Once you get there, the place actually has a white cross with flowers and everything on it, saying "In loving memory of *****"

One of my in-laws actually experienced something there.  It was just this past April/may 2010.  It was Sucker season and the suckers were biting.  So he usually goes alone around 3-4am in the morning.  Once early morning around 3 in the morning he arrived and started walking towards the fishing spot.  The trail there passed right by the memorial cross.  As he walked he had his lights off, but half way, the trees and bushes were made the night a lot darker which made him bend down to get his light.  This light was the ones on that straps around your forehead.  As soon as he bent back up from fix the light battery with teh light on his forehead, he saw this person figure with a red bloody face crossing his path.  Surprised, he blinked and rubbed his eyes to be sure he was not just seeing something.  The figure dissapeared.

Thinking it was just him imagining things, he continued to the fishing spot.  As he was fishing, he heard the whistle of wind and something threw a pack of worms/night crawlers into the river, righ next to him.  Ignoring the incident, something threw again burnt firewood into the river.  He  then freaked out and left quickly and came home.

Gatorade_Guy

« Reply #1884 on: July 06, 2010, 11:38:44 AM »
There's this campground here in MI up by Port Huron right on the canadian border.. A couple of years some hmong teenagers went camping there. There was this hmong Hang guy he's around 16 at the time he was single and lonely, while he was sleeping he felt someone come and woke him up when he looked up he saw this beautiful white girl she told him she was lonely so he got up and talked to her. She told him she was hungry so he fed her and they developed a friendship. When the teenagers left after that weekend he told everyone that he has a girlfriend now but no one believed him. The ghost girl followed him home. A couple of weeks after the camping trip his parents notice a change in him.They notice he was losing weight although he claims to be hungry all the time and he'd sleep all day and stay up all night at night his parents would hear him talking to someone but when they went into his room there's no one there but him. For weeks this kind of behavior went on until the boy was losing so much weight and had became pale when his dad decided to ask him who he was talking to. He then replied by saying that it was his girlfriend he was talking to, his dad asked him where she was and he said she was sitting next to him but his dad did not see her or anything there. The dad then got scared and went to the grandparents for help the boy's grandma who is a shaman herself went to see the boy and asked the boy how he met this gf and told his grandma that the girl had came to him hungry when they were at camp. So the grandma conducted this ceremony to send the girl back it was during this cememony that the grandma found out that the gf and her bf got into a car accident around that area where the boys were camping and she died there and has been there since until he came along. They had manage to send her away but I guess a condition to this kind of ceremony is that u he can't call her name or look for her or she'll come back weeks went by and the boy boy to really depress cause he really missed the girl and then one day while he was sitting on the front porch of his house he called her name and once again she appreared and to this day is she is with him.

LOL it had to be a white girl. so i assume he's still skinny to this day? it would've made for a better story if he had a gay relationship with the white guy.

tsisxavhlublawm

« Reply #1885 on: July 10, 2010, 03:02:21 AM »
couple years ago my SIL use to go out alot. she's pretty much a good girl in her teenage years so never had the chance to do the things most teenagers gotten to do. as passed the age of 20 she learned how to go with friends clubbing and drinking, just having the time of her life. she works late at night at a store and would had to drive home from the times between 4-6am. one day, she started to smell a weird distinctive odor in her car. we were all curious. as days go pass the odor got stronger and we were getting freaked out. i joked with her saying that maybe she has something dead in her car  :o  :D anyways she sprayed it with freshner but it never went away. she's beginging to feel a bit spooked but it didnt stop her from driving her car. being nosey as i am, i started to look around her car. it was pretty much getting dark outside so i wanted to hurry up. i've checked everywhere and i decided to open the trunk. there it was!!! :o omg i stopped breathing... as i stepped back slowly... trying to start breathing again. it was so horrific  :'( as i went inside i called out "linda! mom!! i found out about the smell." they both looked at me and said "what?".... i reached out a plastic bag and handed to them.  i said, "there it is, that baby quil package you couldnt find last week, it was sitting and rotting in her back trunk!"

;D :D :2funny:

tsisxavhlublawm

« Reply #1886 on: July 10, 2010, 03:44:41 AM »
The baby probably fed on the mother's breast for a while which helped him to stay alive long enough until they discovered the car.

ok that was weird. i saw an unsolved mystery too with the same story. the boy was about 5 or 6 yrs old  :dontknow: they just said he was cold and hungry still cuddled up against his mom for warmth.

Missterious

« Reply #1887 on: July 11, 2010, 02:06:11 AM »
I guess I will finally share one after all 100 pages read, not even done yet.

Well, my BIL knew of a friend who lost his 1 year old due to Luekimia. The mom went into a trance for a long time and didn't want to bury the child. She would hold all his toys and carry it around for the longest time. Well, when they finally did his funeral, the morning my BIL and the dad along with some friends went early to set up, and there was rice all over the funeral home. They went to look into the bucket of rice and there was only about 1/4 of the way of rice left, so the guys decided to dump the rice out of the bin, since there was not much left, but 3 of the guys could not lift it, once they got it lifted and poured the rice out, it kept pouring like the bin was still full.

Once the funeral was over, they did a shaman jingle bell and the baby told the mom that he was very happy that his mom had loved him so much. He said he wanted his little orange toy that his mom keeps carrying around because she missed him. He loves her very much but would like that toy, so they had to burn it for him. He also said the reason he had to leave was because he was never meant to be her son. He came in the form of a baby spirit and waiting to be born in their family, but his real parents were his Dad's older brother and wife. But when he came to be born, his supposed to be parents had just gotten separated and divorced before he was born, so he didn't know where to go, so he went into his mom instead. So after he was born, little angels came back to take him to be reborn to his new proper parents, of which has no relations to their family. He also said, he was mad that they withheld his funeral too long, because he needed to be reborn to his new parents. But they wouldn't do his funeral and tso plis. (Pardon my hmong spelling). So he finally said good by and never came back.

So now I'm thinking just....hmmm.. ..is that why some babies are late and don't come at the time of their due dates? Because they haven't tso plis yet? lol I dunno

aww sad  :( :'(

FlowerShiny

« Reply #1888 on: July 12, 2010, 09:34:15 AM »
I guess I'll share one, too!  ;) ... to lighten things up...

I used to live with a whole bunch of Hmong people in this apartment complex. One early morning, my parents heard what sounded like a gun shot, but didn't really think anything of it. When everyone woke up, there were cop cars, a fire truck, and an amubulance parked several apartments down. Come to find out, one of the neighbors shot himself in the face right outside his apartment.

The family of that guy had a teen girl cousin living next to them who loves staying out at night talking on the phone. She was sitting in front of her house and all of a sudden, she saw this guy walking up the cement road leading towards the apartment. The only light on was the porch light. And to see a figure emerge out of the darkness after a man had shot himself a couple of months before would've been scary. She was scared, but took a closer look and the guy looked exactly like the neighbor who had shot himself. She got up to get inside her apartment, but for some reason, it was locked and everyone was asleep. She banged and banged on the door to no avail. She turned around and the figure was only a couple of feet away. All of a sudden, it asked her, "What's wrong?" She turned around to look again and it was her cousin.  :2funny:

You see, the guy who shot himself had a teenage son who walked and looked like him... same posture and size. Turns out, he was dropped off at the end of the road. And these were the mid-90s so me nyuam laibs were still getting dropped off by older me nyuam laib buddies down the road so the parents won't see who they hang with... at least where I lived. O0

Well, that's all. Don't get pissed if this wasn't a scary story. As aforementioned, this was to lighten the mood before shrouding you in the malevolence to come... muahahahaaaaa. ..

i've heard the same story some where, where are you from sugarlady?

FlowerShiny

« Reply #1889 on: July 12, 2010, 10:17:44 AM »
hey hunny! i'm from where you're from. LOL. you wanna go out? muahahaha... you sound like a cute ass guy! ;)

i like stalkers btw.
do you see ghosts, too?

Advertisements