Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590101 times)

NtxheeYeesVaj

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #1935 on: August 18, 2010, 12:48:33 AM »
When it comes to a person that you've known all your life or a loved one you wouldn't be scare of their body cause all you feel is sadness that they are no longer with you in this world. The sadness will over come all your fears.

i agree. although i've always been afraid of a dead corpse, it's always different when it comes down to your loved one(s). watching my brother's casket getting  lowered down into the ground and shoveling dirt over it...i can't even begin to explain the pain and sadness.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bossymum

« Reply #1936 on: August 18, 2010, 12:44:49 PM »
Been awhile since i was in here, here's one but it aint all that

like a couple of nights ago, me, my sis, and my aunt were up around midnight. Here i am myspacing away and my sis phone banging and my aunty text bangin. They both got real quiet and said, "you hear that?" and i was like , "what?" they both claimed that they hear soft crying and humming coming from the wall, as if it was trying to hum a song all the while crying. I thought it was just our fridge, but nope! i was the only one who didnt hear it but they both did, lol, so we just ignored it.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: August 20, 2010, 04:22:05 PM »
Once upon a time in a southeast Asian country far, far away, there were two male cousins (let's name them Cousin A and Cousin B for identification s and also for confidentialit y purpose).  Cousin A was older than Cousin B by a few years but they were first cousins and so very close, also neighbors in the same village where a gorgeous chick was a resident of. Let's name her Girl.

The two cousins actually dated Girl simultaneously but secretly. (Of course, Girl knew that. But this is not a blaming post, so we aren't going to make cheating or playing an issue here.)

One day, Cousin A married Girl. She agreed to marry him. Upon learning of it, Cousin B was so hurt, like a knife piercing through his heart. Only she could mend his feelings. Every moment without hear made his entire sky dark as night. He had no motivation to do anything else in life, except to think of her and his  burning pain.

About 3 months later, Cousin B went to a hill deep in the woods where elders had been known to hunt. He carried some big rocks--head-sized--up the higher grounds and put them in a net that he tied onto some trees to hold in place.  

Cousin B came back home and invited Cousin A to go hunting with him.  So, they went towards that area. "Let's go hunt on different mountains," said Cousin B. "Whoever gets here early should cook for the night."

Cousin A agreed.

Cousin B actually went to a mountain nearby, although Cousin A actually went farther away.

When night came, Cousin A returned to the shelter area, he saw that Cousin A had already returned and started cooking.

The cooking and shelter were just right under the netted rocks.

So, Cousin B sneaked behind the hill and cut the net loose.

Cousin A's body was later found but no one knew who was the killer. So they just took that to be an accident. His funeral was handled properly according to traditions.

Unfortunately, Cousin A didn't have any younger brother. So his family had no son to transfer Girl to for a marriage within the family.

Cousin B said to the elders he would be willing to bow down and take the responsibility of marrying Girl.

The proper ceremonies were done. The two got married.

A few months later, Cousin B went hunting with some elders at a nearby area. And since it was far from home, they also stayed overnight.

At night, everyone was already sleeping under some fern tents. An old guy was still smoking his giant watered bamboo pipe and so he did not sleep at the same time as they rest.  While he was puffing, the old man saw a reddish cave rat sniffing around the fireplace and crawling towards Cousin B.  The rat had a glowing leaf in its mouth. The old man watched it as it climbed up Cousin B's body. The rat dropped the leaf onto Cousin B's chest. The rat then scurried away.

The old man said to himself, "Bah, why does that cave rat put this thing on the boy's chest? Let me throw it away."

The old man reached for the leaf and moved it onto a burning log on the other side of the bonfire.

A few minutes later, a huge tiger pounced right onto the log, bit it, and shook it around--creating sparks all over the place.

Everyone got up as the tiger ran off into the dark!

« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 04:27:55 PM by Reporter »

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

NtxheeYeesVaj

« Reply #1938 on: August 20, 2010, 10:56:21 PM »
Once upon a time in a southeast Asian country far, far away, there were two male cousins (let's name them Cousin A and Cousin B for identification s and also for confidentialit y purpose).  Cousin A was older than Cousin B by a few years but they were first cousins and so very close, also neighbors in the same village where a gorgeous chick was a resident of. Let's name her Girl.

The two cousins actually dated Girl simultaneously but secretly. (Of course, Girl knew that. But this is not a blaming post, so we aren't going to make cheating or playing an issue here.)

One day, Cousin A married Girl. She agreed to marry him. Upon learning of it, Cousin B was so hurt, like a knife piercing through his heart. Only she could mend his feelings. Every moment without hear made his entire sky dark as night. He had no motivation to do anything else in life, except to think of her and his  burning pain.

About 3 months later, Cousin B went to a hill deep in the woods where elders had been known to hunt. He carried some big rocks--head-sized--up the higher grounds and put them in a net that he tied onto some trees to hold in place.  

Cousin B came back home and invited Cousin A to go hunting with him.  So, they went towards that area. "Let's go hunt on different mountains," said Cousin B. "Whoever gets here early should cook for the night."

Cousin A agreed.

Cousin B actually went to a mountain nearby, although Cousin A actually went farther away.

When night came, Cousin A returned to the shelter area, he saw that Cousin A had already returned and started cooking.

The cooking and shelter were just right under the netted rocks.

So, Cousin B sneaked behind the hill and cut the net loose.

Cousin A's body was later found but no one knew who was the killer. So they just took that to be an accident. His funeral was handled properly according to traditions.

Unfortunately, Cousin A didn't have any younger brother. So his family had no son to transfer Girl to for a marriage within the family.

Cousin B said to the elders he would be willing to bow down and take the responsibility of marrying Girl.

The proper ceremonies were done. The two got married.

A few months later, Cousin B went hunting with some elders at a nearby area. And since it was far from home, they also stayed overnight.

At night, everyone was already sleeping under some fern tents. An old guy was still smoking his giant watered bamboo pipe and so he did not sleep at the same time as they rest.  While he was puffing, the old man saw a reddish cave rat sniffing around the fireplace and crawling towards Cousin B.  The rat had a glowing leaf in its mouth. The old man watched it as it climbed up Cousin B's body. The rat dropped the leaf onto Cousin B's chest. The rat then scurried away.

The old man said to himself, "Bah, why does that cave rat put this thing on the boy's chest? Let me throw it away."

The old man reached for the leaf and moved it onto a burning log on the other side of the bonfire.

A few minutes later, a huge tiger pounced right onto the log, bit it, and shook it around--creating sparks all over the place.

Everyone got up as the tiger ran off into the dark!

he was very lucky!

1txojsia

« Reply #1939 on: August 20, 2010, 11:25:26 PM »
Reporter's not done yet. I've heard the story. Let me guess, you got that story from XOBLAIM dabneeg conference call

Missterious

« Reply #1940 on: August 20, 2010, 11:35:19 PM »
Recently I lost my niece to cancer in june this year. The night before I got the call from my sister I dreamed of my neice. We were having a fun time just talking laughing joking chasing each other and playing house and store. Then she told me she had to leave cause her mommy was calling her to come home. We said our good byes and I told her I love her very much and I'll come visit her very soon. I felt this overwelming sadness when she left. I started to cry  then I heard my phone ring and woke me up. I answered my phone and it was my sister. She told me that her daughter is in the hospital because every 30 minutes my sister had to change her daughter's diaper cause she wouldn't stop pooping. It was a sign that her body was starting to shutting down slowly. My neice wanted to talk to me so my sister handed her the phone. My neice said to me aunty you told me you were going to come visit me before I went home how come you lied to me. You lier! That's when I broke down in tears knowing that she came to vsit me in my dream. She was mad at me and didn't want to talk to me so she handed her mom the phone. My sister said that the doctor told her my neice probably have a few more hours left with us and so my sister said to me that all of our siblings were there and I was the only that wasn't there yet. She knew my neice was waiting for me to come see her.

My husband and I flew out that afternoon. We didn't arrive there until 12am. When we got there I just cried my eyes out. She didn't look normal. I've never seen any person the way how she looked. My husband's mother passed away with cancer and she didn't look like my neice. My neice was already purple like she's been dead for a day or two. She wasn't talking anymore like she did early that morning when I talked to her on the phone....anywa y....

After about an hour of balling my eyes out I got really thirsty....I went to get a glass of water in the kitchen. I heard a little voice close to my ear saying aunty come back I miss you don't leave yet. I dropped my glass of water turned around and saw no one. I thought it was her little sister cause they were still running around but they were no where close to the kitchen. I power walked real fast to her bedroom cause in a way I was kinda freaked out and yet at the same time scared that I might not see her leave.

After a long flight my husband was exhasted and decided to sleep in the guest room. As he was laying there someone or something kept tickling his feet wouldn't let him sleep....so he got up and hung out with us in my neice's room. He didn't tell me this until the next day. He didn't want to creep me out. Anyway at about late 2am I said to my little neice....I see that you are suffering. I don't want to see you hurting anymore. I know that I told you I was coming to visit you when we were playing last night. I'm here now. You don't have to wait anymore. Don't be afraid to leave. Don't be afraid that we are going to be mad at you if you leave. We love you very much we won't get mad at you if you leave. As much as we want you to stay you can't cause God wants you back. He will love you more than us. And don't be afraid that you are going to be lonely cause your grandpa is there waiting for you. He knew before already before we did that you were going to be with him soon. So he's been waiting for you for awhile now. After when I said that to her, her breathing changed to short little breaths. She took her last 3 deep breaths and she was gone.

My sister and brother in law called all the uncles to come right after her passing. They were discussing over the plan of when they should hold her funeral while her body was still in the room. The whole time she had this very angry face. Her face was all twisted up cause they wanted to wait until one of the grandpas came back from a wedding in the mid of july to do her funeral. My husband and I weren't able to stay after the 12th of july. They were talking about me and my ubr others that came from out of state. As soon as they mentioned my name her face relaxed and it almost seemed like she was smiling. So I guess she had spoken to them even after her death. So when they looked at her face and knew what she wanted they did her funeral the week before we all had to leave.  I don't feel her around me I guess we had said what we wanted to say to each other. But my sisters and mom still feel her around them sometimes.

This photo was taken 30 minutes after I arrived there. When I arrived she was almost naked. All she had on was her underwear. I told my sister that her daughter shouldn't pass with no clothes cause her spirit will be cold and naked. So I asked my sister to put her daughters favorite outfit on her. It was her princess dress that she loved so much she wore it almost everyday and askes for it everyday  :) and of course her favorite pair of silver shoe to go along with it.

Sorry for your loss

Ladie_rain

« Reply #1941 on: August 21, 2010, 01:07:30 PM »
I got a great one I heard from the flute guy at my great grandma's funeral a couple of weeks ago. This Vang guy his best friend had died and so being that they are best friends the dead friend's family asked the friend to go and play the drums for him since they were best friends and he agreed so during the 2nd night of the funeral it was really late while the guy was drummin away he saw from the corner of his eyes his dead friend getting up from the casket and walk towards him..He got scared and dropped the drum and ran away when he got home he told his wife what he had saw and a couple of days after that he was sick and he died. His wife was very upset and told this story to anyone and everyone who would listen cause she believed that her hubby's dead friend took him that night at the funeral home it just happended in July.

Darkplanetasia

« Reply #1942 on: August 21, 2010, 01:21:51 PM »
there once was a ghost, the end.

OVER!

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: August 21, 2010, 02:58:21 PM »
Reporter's not done yet. I've heard the story. Let me guess, you got that story from XOBLAIM dabneeg conference call

You can tell more of the story. But the end result is the same: the killer isn't killed. Correct? There's no more suspense beyond that, is there?

I didn't get the story from Xoblaim. But I heard it from someone. I believe they may have heard it from Xoblaim or some others. I don't claim ownership of the story. I'm just telling the story. Do you have more details?

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: August 21, 2010, 02:59:09 PM »
there once was a ghost, the end.

OVER!

Was it  friendly one? :D

"...

Offline lifemystery

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: August 21, 2010, 04:32:25 PM »
Was it  friendly one? :D

It was Casper, the friendly ghost.

Darkplanetasia

« Reply #1946 on: August 21, 2010, 04:46:56 PM »
hey stop adding on to my story, it ended with "There once was a ghost"

OVER!

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: August 22, 2010, 10:31:25 PM »
Planetasia, you know you cannot stop this post from having more stories or continuing yours, right?

"...

Roc

« Reply #1948 on: August 22, 2010, 11:01:01 PM »
My cousin who is also my best friend, moved down to socal for college when we graduated. I ended up going to college in town.

He moved in with his older brother and their friends in a small two story apartment complex. It was like a month into it that he told me about the weird things that happened at that place. First, they have a friend who is deathly scared of dolls. Every kind of doll, barbies, bears, and especially the baby ones that suppose to open its eyes when you lift it up. He's scared of dolls because once they had some family visiting them and a little sister came. The sister had a doll she took with her with little red hair. He was sleeping on the couch when everyone had left to get dinner when he hears little feet running across the floor. He's kind of still sleepy so he only opens his eyes a crack and he sees the doll running from one side of the room to the other. When he sits up, the doll drops to the carpet and stops moving right where it was running.

Also, he says that he's been woken up by what he thought was kids jumping on his bed. He could hear them laughing and feel his bed bouncing a lot, when he sat up the bed was still shaking but then they stopped.

The last one is when his uncles came down to party and drink. After some partying some of the people got tired and went to one of the bedrooms to sleep while the others continued drinking. One uncle, our cousin we call Shrimp, and a family friend were sleeping in a room with 2 beds. There was 1 guy in each bed and one guy on the floor. The family friend and Shrimp were still kinda talkin about life with their eyes closed cause they were kinda drunk and tired when the uncle yelled and ran from the room. The drunks also hauled ass after him, you know how that goes, when one person screams everyone gets scared and screams. So they run out and the uncle says that when they were talkin about life, he heard the closet open so he opened his eyes to look, and an old grandfather person got out of the closet and started walking to him. Except the thing wasn't walking, it was floating and came directly above him by the ceiling fan. That's when he screamed and ran.

I've stayed at their place once, but didn't notice anything too strange, except for the Lord of the Rings poster they have to cover up the hole in the wall :)

Roc

« Reply #1949 on: August 22, 2010, 11:29:38 PM »
I have a younger cousin who used to have relatives in Visalia. His grandma on his mom's side died when he was like 4 or 5 years old. After the funeral, everyone was at the deceased grandma's apartment cooking and eating and stuff. He told me he was walking through the hallway to go to the bedroom and play video games when he noticed that the picture of the grandma on the wall was crying. I asked him if it was clear teardrops, but he said no, it was like the ink was melting from where the eyes were, so it looked like black tear drops. He pointed it out to an older cousin, and they call the parents and aunts and uncles over. He says he still remembers how the adults were crying and scared, and how they all of a sudden all the kids were made to go to bed.

Advertisements