Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590233 times)

honey916

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #1995 on: September 17, 2010, 11:36:00 AM »
I feel like I'm coming down with the flu reading this, body is cold and tingling all over and I'm feeling tired...maybe not such a good Idea reading all these stories, bad karma. Was on page 60 and been reading since this monday every 8 hours at work.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

DRTYLUVN

« Reply #1996 on: September 17, 2010, 11:37:59 AM »
I feel like I'm coming down with the flu reading this, body is cold and tingling all over and I'm feeling tired...maybe not such a good Idea reading all these stories, bad karma. Was on page 60 and been reading since this monday every 8 hours at work.
reading at work, thats the way to do it O0
thats how i read all these stories

honey916

« Reply #1997 on: September 17, 2010, 11:53:55 AM »
Anyway, I got a story to tell. It was a year ago. I dreamed I was in the wilderness (picture hmong village in Thailand) I dont know where I was standing exactly but I saw these two Hmong men in slacks, white collar shirt, and hmong sandals walking down a dirt path, behind them was the jungle foliage and there was a brown picket fence and walking towards me. They were holding a piece of paper rolled up and I was not scared of them. Beside me I saw a Hmong man playing with a little kid, chickens around...then suddenlly I was in a straw hut. They came up to me and the one holding the paper said to me, "We've come to get you, you have to come with us." I asked why? He said, "You have to come, but don't be scared, you are not the only one we are taking with us." For some reason I was not scared but I cried, I said, "But who will take care of my dog?" (my pomeranian). He said, "Your mom will, she will love her eyes and will think of you when she sees your dog. You have nothing to worry about." Then I thought of my mom, and said, "But I wont get to say goodbye! I cried some more and yelled at them and told them I wouldnt go because they will not know I'm gone til it's too late and they will not be happy if I leave. The man with the paper said, "we have papers for you that says it's time to go so it doesn't matter if you don't want to go." I asked, "then give me a paper and pencil so I can write my family a letter to tell them I'm leaving." The other man gave me a piece of paper and pencil. I tried to write "dear mom and dad" but all i got was dear and then the pencil would not write anymore. I was angry, mad, fraustrated and cried and let out a very loud cry (almost as if I felt very sad and the cry was coming from my stomach. I threw the paper and pencil down and stomped my feet and said "I'm not going! I can't even write the on the stupid paper! Give me a working pen." The man with holding the paper said, "we dont have another one, alright, Tell your family you are leaving, we will come back in 2 days for you." Then they showed me their next stops and what girls they were picking up next. Each place and girl's faced flashed  right before my eyes as they showed me who they were and where. I woke up thinking, what a weird dream. I went to work and came back home then I finally felt a little scared and told my sisinlaw my dream. She told me i should tell my mom cause she's been acting weird lately. I went to the living room and told her my dream. She asked, "so did you write the letter?" I told her no, I was willing to go but I couldn't write the letter so I refused and they told me they would get me in 2 days." She asked if I knew those people, I said no. My mom said good thing you couldn't write anything, I did something a few days ago to have our ancestors help us because I knew something bad was going to happen. She tied a red and white string on my right wrist and my dad tied one on my left and said a few words. The next day she called everyone in our family over and had us drink something. She told me to never take the strings off, and I never had. But I didn't dream for a good 3-4 months. She said that then this means it worked.

shesaid

« Reply #1998 on: September 17, 2010, 03:48:34 PM »
reading at work, thats the way to do it O0
thats how i read all these stories

me too! I have to read these in broad day light. I tried to read it in my room in our apt once, got creeped out b/c I felt like someone's watching  me read haha.  Even when I share my stories, I have to do it in broad day light or wait until there's people with me in the same room.

DRTYLUVN

« Reply #1999 on: September 17, 2010, 05:42:44 PM »
Anyway, I got a story to tell. It was a year ago. I dreamed I was in the wilderness (picture hmong village in Thailand) I dont know where I was standing exactly but I saw these two Hmong men in slacks, white collar shirt, and hmong sandals walking down a dirt path, behind them was the jungle foliage and there was a brown picket fence and walking towards me. They were holding a piece of paper rolled up and I was not scared of them. Beside me I saw a Hmong man playing with a little kid, chickens around...then suddenlly I was in a straw hut. They came up to me and the one holding the paper said to me, "We've come to get you, you have to come with us." I asked why? He said, "You have to come, but don't be scared, you are not the only one we are taking with us." For some reason I was not scared but I cried, I said, "But who will take care of my dog?" (my pomeranian). He said, "Your mom will, she will love her eyes and will think of you when she sees your dog. You have nothing to worry about." Then I thought of my mom, and said, "But I wont get to say goodbye! I cried some more and yelled at them and told them I wouldnt go because they will not know I'm gone til it's too late and they will not be happy if I leave. The man with the paper said, "we have papers for you that says it's time to go so it doesn't matter if you don't want to go." I asked, "then give me a paper and pencil so I can write my family a letter to tell them I'm leaving." The other man gave me a piece of paper and pencil. I tried to write "dear mom and dad" but all i got was dear and then the pencil would not write anymore. I was angry, mad, fraustrated and cried and let out a very loud cry (almost as if I felt very sad and the cry was coming from my stomach. I threw the paper and pencil down and stomped my feet and said "I'm not going! I can't even write the on the stupid paper! Give me a working pen." The man with holding the paper said, "we dont have another one, alright, Tell your family you are leaving, we will come back in 2 days for you." Then they showed me their next stops and what girls they were picking up next. Each place and girl's faced flashed  right before my eyes as they showed me who they were and where. I woke up thinking, what a weird dream. I went to work and came back home then I finally felt a little scared and told my sisinlaw my dream. She told me i should tell my mom cause she's been acting weird lately. I went to the living room and told her my dream. She asked, "so did you write the letter?" I told her no, I was willing to go but I couldn't write the letter so I refused and they told me they would get me in 2 days." She asked if I knew those people, I said no. My mom said good thing you couldn't write anything, I did something a few days ago to have our ancestors help us because I knew something bad was going to happen. She tied a red and white string on my right wrist and my dad tied one on my left and said a few words. The next day she called everyone in our family over and had us drink something. She told me to never take the strings off, and I never had. But I didn't dream for a good 3-4 months. She said that then this means it worked.
dam, thats scary!
hope everything is well now

JaS

« Reply #2000 on: September 17, 2010, 06:20:36 PM »
I had a few dream where I supposed to go somewhere but somehow I could never find both of my shoes  :idiot2: :dontknow:

One time I dream I was at a funeral home passing out drinks and sitting there was the only person I recognized was my grandma :idiot2: FYI_grandma dead already!

Many dream where my car got stolen and I couldn't find it! :idiot2:

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 01:59:35 PM by JaS »

LadyKia

« Reply #2001 on: September 17, 2010, 06:47:56 PM »
I had a few dream where I supposed to go somewhere but somehow I could never find both of my shoes  :idiot2: :dontknow:

One time I dream I was at a funeral home passing out drinks and sitting there was the only person I recognized was my grandma :idiot2:

???

sahara

« Reply #2002 on: September 21, 2010, 04:05:06 PM »
My niece's husband have a cousin that moved out of town to so call find a job.  He doesn't listen to his parents and always partying.

One early morning this cousin woke up to find two old lady dressed in hmong clothes standing at the foot of his bed.  They asked him if he's afraid of them.  He didn't respond but put the blanket over his head.  A few seconds past and the two ghost was gone.  He then went and grabbed one of his buddy that knows shaman to figure out why these two ghost came to visit him.

The shaman buddy was able to go into his trance and follow their track.  He went all the way to Lao/Thailand and found the two ghost.  He asked them why did they visit the cousin and they responded that b/c he didn't listen to his parents; his father burned some papers and essence for them to come and scare his son so he'll listen to them. 

This sure scare the heck out of him but now a days he still party around and we'll see if he'll get a visit again.

Tracker

« Reply #2003 on: September 22, 2010, 07:01:03 AM »
I had a few dream where I supposed to go somewhere but somehow I could never find both of my shoes  :idiot2: :dontknow:

One time I dream I was at a funeral home passing out drinks and sitting there was the only person I recognized was my grandma :idiot2: FYI_grandma dead already!

Dude?!?!  Where's your car?  Did that movie scare you straight?   :2funny: :idiot2: :2funny:

FRUMTHASOUF

« Reply #2004 on: September 22, 2010, 03:14:08 PM »
Wow...I actually read through the whole thread. LOL!!! There's a lot of interesting stories in here. No offense to anyone but unfortunately some stories I didn't understand because of the grammar. I haven't had many scary things happen to me but I'll share one story. (It's not that scary...just weird because it was unexplainable.)

Years ago when I was in my teens...I'd say around 16...I went and slept over at my buddy's house. His family lived in a double wide trailer in an area with several Hmong families surrounding the area. It's kind of like a trailer park but out in the boonies too. Several of the houses there owned by Hmong people are also haunted.  The area they lived in is weird because no matter which way you take to get there you have to pass by cemeteries. Two of which are haunted. Anyways...thei r house was at the front towards the road. One side of the house had neighbors but the other side had nothing. Just a huge open field. So basically there were no neighbors to one side. Towards the side that had no neighbors was also a cemetery about a quarter mile away. The Hmong people there have heard weird and unexplainable things going on at the cemetery late at night. It was me, my buddy, his little brother, and their brother in law. We stayed up late and were just chillin and telling ghost stories. His bedroom had one window and the window is facing the direction of the open field and cemetery. We'd go out the window to smoke and stuff. After we came back in the room a few minutes later we heard a loud growl right out the window. It was a growl no animals in the area make. Hell...it didn't even sound like it came from an animal...more like a large beast of some kind. And no...there's no bears or anything there. No large animals. The biggest animal in that area are deer. And deers don't growl. Anyways...it scared us shitless and we just went to bed. The growl though...I can't ever get that out of my head. It was loud...you can feel the vibration of it in the room. Almost as if you can feel the breath of it when it growled. Freaky!!!

« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 03:16:20 PM by FRUMTHASOUF »

FRUMTHASOUF

« Reply #2005 on: September 22, 2010, 03:29:19 PM »
Another experience that happened to my older brother. At the time we lived in a house completely secluded. Our neighbors were hundreds of yards away and separated by woods...just so ya'll know it was out in the boonies. So I guess they don't really count as neighbors. LOL!!! My older brother was home alone one night and heard what sounded like babies crying outside. He got so scared and turned on all the lights in the house and went and got a .22 rifle. At the time it was our only gun. He sat and listened to it for a few minutes then it finally hit him in the head that it was cats fighting. He went outside and saw our cat (which is a big, strong, healthy cat) fighting another cat. The other cat was all black and was two or three times the size of ours. He shot and killed the black one. When we got home he explained to us what had happened. He said it was a panther and we didn't believe him. We went to see it too...it was dead and near the edge of the woods. I'm not sure what it was but what I saw was a big black cat two or three times the size of a regular one.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: September 25, 2010, 04:26:15 PM »
There is a story about some dead person reaching for a chicken over his head. This happened back in Laos. I am not sure when or exactly where. But the elders have passed the story on and on and so I heard it back in the camps when I was a little boy.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

LadyKia

« Reply #2007 on: September 25, 2010, 04:32:18 PM »
There is a story about some dead person reaching for a chicken over his head. This happened back in Laos. I am not sure when or exactly where. But the elders have passed the story on and on and so I heard it back in the camps when I was a little boy.

Ooh that is scary! I heard something like that long time ago too.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: September 25, 2010, 05:26:19 PM »
Ooh that is scary! I heard something like that long time ago too.

It is scary. How do you think it was possible?

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

LadyKia

« Reply #2009 on: September 25, 2010, 05:42:07 PM »
It is scary. How do you think it was possible?
I don't even know. How can a dead person do that?

Advertisements