Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590485 times)

Gawmp

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #2085 on: October 26, 2010, 12:09:14 PM »
Ghost childs are the scariest ones to encounter.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: October 26, 2010, 12:46:27 PM »
Ghost childs are the scariest ones to encounter.

Scarier than a tall white hairy figure on the road near early morning hours?

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Gawmp

« Reply #2087 on: October 26, 2010, 12:58:03 PM »
Scarier than a tall white hairy figure on the road near early morning hours?

oh much worst than that...the cry of a ghost child (infant) sends chills deeper than the spine....

Back when we were still in refugee camp Nam Yao in Thailand, a lady who lives close to the main asphalt road had a stillborn. They didn't bury the baby up atop the mountains like the rest of the people. They chose to bury the baby close to one of the water wells that we usually pass if we're going to the Nam Yao River. During the evenings people, would gather at the water well and wash themselves, but usually everyone would be finished by sunset. After sunset and if you dare to wander around that water well, you can hear a baby crying from the area where they've buried the stillborn. that route is heavily used during the day, but at night, it's pretty quiet and the locals don;t dare use that route after dark.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 01:06:19 PM by Gawmp »

precious_nkaujhli_chi

Re: Lost lake(Fresno) ghost story
« Reply #2088 on: October 26, 2010, 02:33:31 PM »
Did you know lots of Hmong OG's hung themselves at Lost Lake? The tree island in the middle where the swimming spot is, yea my lil bro is sensitive to spirits and he saw the old hmong lady on the tree.

and other stories of seeing people in Hmong clothes over there, even hmong people floating on water

OMG....I'll share those creepy sitings with my husband...He'll go fishing at Lost Lake when he doesn't have the time to go to other places.  Lake Hensley is haunted, too.

I will never go anywhere between 12AM-6AM, unless accompanied.  Thank goodness i don't have 6 sense.

chingy-vang

Re: Lost lake(Fresno) ghost story
« Reply #2089 on: October 26, 2010, 02:50:17 PM »
OMG....I'll share those creepy sitings with my husband...He'll go fishing at Lost Lake when he doesn't have the time to go to other places.  Lake Hensley is haunted, too.

I will never go anywhere between 12AM-6AM, unless accompanied.  Thank goodness i don't have 6 sense.

Tell him to watch out for.....

-Tree at entrance (Hmong guy hung himself. He used to just live one block from me)

-Tree in the little island where everyone swims (Old lady hung herself)

-The trail to the far west (reports of floating Hmong apparitions on water and people in Hmong clothes)

-Bathroom (foot steps when nobody else is present)

-Water (splashing asian kids at night, walking creature that comes out in the evening)

morninglory

« Reply #2090 on: October 26, 2010, 03:00:30 PM »
When my grandma was still alive, my uncle locked her in a room because she will open the door and wander off. She's not all there anymore. We would go into her room and feed and change her. One time, I was sitting on her bed feeding her and she say "Feed your grandpa too. He's sitting next to you." My grandpa died before my family came to the US so I never got to see my grandpa alive at all. Another time, I was changing her and the door slammed shut. I was so scare! She'll say things like "if you don't stay with me, i'm going to pack my stuff and go with your grandpa." My grandma died peacefully in her sleep. 

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: October 26, 2010, 11:08:47 PM »
Scary. I bet there we stories about those babies noj mis...

oh much worst than that...the cry of a ghost child (infant) sends chills deeper than the spine....

Back when we were still in refugee camp Nam Yao in Thailand, a lady who lives close to the main asphalt road had a stillborn. They didn't bury the baby up atop the mountains like the rest of the people. They chose to bury the baby close to one of the water wells that we usually pass if we're going to the Nam Yao River. During the evenings people, would gather at the water well and wash themselves, but usually everyone would be finished by sunset. After sunset and if you dare to wander around that water well, you can hear a baby crying from the area where they've buried the stillborn. that route is heavily used during the day, but at night, it's pretty quiet and the locals don;t dare use that route after dark.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

skribblez

« Reply #2092 on: October 27, 2010, 04:13:49 AM »
chingy-vang, take a video cam corder to lost lake cause i'd like proof of what you just mention..
post on youtube.com and profit....and i'll give u props for having balls of superman steel for doing it..

morninglory

« Reply #2093 on: October 27, 2010, 11:42:17 AM »
Doesn't it give you chills? Yom? Sometimes I wonder if its just old age that makes us hallucinate or if there really is something there.

Yep...my heart race each time she said something like that. When the door slammed shut, I froze and couldn't move for a few minutes. Not sure if it's hallucination or not but she only mention my grandpa which is weird too. He could have really been there too for her to remember him when she don't really remember any of us anymore. *shivers*

chingy-vang

« Reply #2094 on: October 27, 2010, 04:32:37 PM »
chingy-vang, take a video cam corder to lost lake cause i'd like proof of what you just mention..
post on youtube.com and profit....and i'll give u props for having balls of superman steel for doing it..

ok so everyone on here better also capture your ghost stories on film or Skribblez wont believe ya

yuknowthat

« Reply #2095 on: October 27, 2010, 11:31:14 PM »
When my grandma was still alive, my uncle locked her in a room because she will open the door and wander off. She's not all there anymore. We would go into her room and feed and change her. One time, I was sitting on her bed feeding her and she say "Feed your grandpa too. He's sitting next to you." My grandpa died before my family came to the US so I never got to see my grandpa alive at all. Another time, I was changing her and the door slammed shut. I was so scare! She'll say things like "if you don't stay with me, i'm going to pack my stuff and go with your grandpa." My grandma died peacefully in her sleep. 
og says this "ib hnub laus zuj zus, ib hnub lawm zuj zus, ib hnub ze lawm dab teb zuj zus"...turning about into a baby..

763boxer

« Reply #2096 on: October 31, 2010, 10:31:13 AM »
Hi, I've been reading these stories for a while now and I'd like to share some of mine.

#1- I heard this one from a friend of mine and it takes place in South Minneapolis. This involved his two cousins and I'll refer to them as cousin A/B both are brothers, A is the older one.

Well one night B happened to be alone that night as his family had all stepped out to their relatives. He did his own little thing for awhile and soon started to feel tired so he went to his room and decided to sleep, as soon as he was about to knock out he heard footsteps outside his door and figured it wasn't anything so off to sleep. A little bit later he wakes up to loud noises inside his house figuring his family must have came home, well he decided to go and check it out as he was making his up the stairs  from the basement he could tell that the noise was coming from the living room he decides to go check it out and he sees a lady standing there just looking around and messing with stuff, the lady turns around and stares right at him. B was paralyzed just standing there with the lady just looking at him as she started making her way towards him he kept on thinking wth? why can't he move just as the lady approached him he heard the door knob to the back door open which broke the trance the lady had over him. Cousin B broken from the trance turned and ran heading towards the backdoor/kitchen door which was being opened by Cousin A who happened to be coming home, well as A came inside B passed right by him running as fast as he could outside A asked him what was wrong but by then it was too late as cousin B was out the door and A turned towards the living room to see wth was happening as to why his lil bro was scared and running out of the house. Cousin A turned to see the lady in front of him which by that time was too late she grabbed him in a bearhug style grab and kissed him. Cousin A was taken by surprise by the poj ntxoog and somehow he broke free of the shock and slammed the ghost down to the floor and bolted out the door after his lil bro both were able to get to their uncles house which was about half a block down the street. Cousin A later told my friend that when he was kissed by the poj ntxoog he could feel her long tongue in his mouth just moving all over the place and that she had long fingers and long hair. <-----------This was what my friend told me at work one night for w/e reason/how we even got to the subject of ghost stories.

#2 Same friend except he's older and married with a kid- takes place in Booklyn Park, MN

My friend sleeps down in the basement and as people in Brooklyn Park know the basements have another living room area and bathrooms/bedrooms well his room didn't have a door at the time and only a curtain as his door. Well one night as he was sleeping he turned to where the door was and from under the curtain he could see something crawling on the ground at this point my friend was already paralyzed and all he could do was watch the thing as it crawled on its hands dragging its body (kinda like the movie the grudge how the lady would do, hence why we refer to this ghost as the grudge) well anyways the thing crawled and crept up and pulled itself onto his bed and that's when it sat on him. This happened for quite a few times and everytime it was the same, it would crawl under the curtain and pull itself up to the bed and "sit" on my friend. Well he decided to actually go and get himself a door which were the sliding ones kinda like a closet looked like this (---- closed/^^ open) that night he had a feeling it would return so he tied the knobs with a string and went to sleep. He awoke to a noise at his door and he swear he could see the thing reach up and try to open the door it kept at it for awhile and then just stopped (I'm guessing at this point the ghost couldnt open it since it was tied and "it" was used to crawling under the sheets) He told me ever since he put that door in it doesnt bother him anymore.<------------Bunch of friends and I all agree the since before he didnt have a door and only a curtain it basically let itself in and was like a open invitation. We refer to this thing as the grudge whenever we mention this ghost story. I'm not sure if he told his parents since I never really cared to ask.

#3<------------Happened to my sister and I when we were little kids and my family had just settled in the U.S. for a few years. I'm around 4-5 my sis around 2-3 yrs old. This takes place in Eau Claire, Wi

Well my grandma used to babysit us until my uncle moved to MN and had kids so she went up there to go babysit his kids. One day my 2 older brothers and my older sis went to school so we decided to go up to their beds and jump on them, well in their room they have this closet that doesnt have a door like just like a walk-in closet. So my sis and I are jumping on the beds opposite side from the closet when we see this granny with long black hair and long fingernails emerge from the closet, we both got scared and wondered why grandma was in the closet but then we remembered grandma left us to babysit uncles kids. Well being scared I told me sis to hide under the blankets while I go grab my dad, I ran out the door and slid down the steps and told me dad. We both were going back and as soon as we hit the bottom steps my lil sis is already coming down the stairs, my dad told us to wait while my dad goes and check it out, he does and returns and doesnt say anything to us. At this point I forget what happened as this was long ago but my sis and I have never forgotten that experience. I sometimes ask my sis what happened after I left the room and my sis said she peeked from under the blankets and the lady was standing on the bed just moving back and forth looking around and when it started heading towards my sis thats when she got up and ran. I think about this sometimes and wonder if she ever came out while my 2 bro and sis was sleeping in that room,  but I just figured oh well.

Sorry for being so long and not having the best description of the ghost but hey I'll let you people's imagination to the work ^^. I've got one involving my dad but will post if anyone wants to hear. Peace out.

poppyseed

« Reply #2097 on: October 31, 2010, 11:44:28 PM »
ducking a! damn. did your parents ua neeb?

scared now.

yuknowthat

« Reply #2098 on: November 01, 2010, 02:16:42 AM »
nothing beats a Sharp Hmong KNIFE AND A Peach wooden stick in these story
Hi, I've been reading these stories for a while now and I'd like to share some of mine.

#1- I heard this one from a friend of mine and it takes place in South Minneapolis. This involved his two cousins and I'll refer to them as cousin A/B both are brothers, A is the older one.

Well one night B happened to be alone that night as his family had all stepped out to their relatives. He did his own little thing for awhile and soon started to feel tired so he went to his room and decided to sleep, as soon as he was about to knock out he heard footsteps outside his door and figured it wasn't anything so off to sleep. A little bit later he wakes up to loud noises inside his house figuring his family must have came home, well he decided to go and check it out as he was making his up the stairs  from the basement he could tell that the noise was coming from the living room he decides to go check it out and he sees a lady standing there just looking around and messing with stuff, the lady turns around and stares right at him. B was paralyzed just standing there with the lady just looking at him as she started making her way towards him he kept on thinking wth? why can't he move just as the lady approached him he heard the door knob to the back door open which broke the trance the lady had over him. Cousin B broken from the trance turned and ran heading towards the backdoor/kitchen door which was being opened by Cousin A who happened to be coming home, well as A came inside B passed right by him running as fast as he could outside A asked him what was wrong but by then it was too late as cousin B was out the door and A turned towards the living room to see wth was happening as to why his lil bro was scared and running out of the house. Cousin A turned to see the lady in front of him which by that time was too late she grabbed him in a bearhug style grab and kissed him. Cousin A was taken by surprise by the poj ntxoog and somehow he broke free of the shock and slammed the ghost down to the floor and bolted out the door after his lil bro both were able to get to their uncles house which was about half a block down the street. Cousin A later told my friend that when he was kissed by the poj ntxoog he could feel her long tongue in his mouth just moving all over the place and that she had long fingers and long hair. <-----------This was what my friend told me at work one night for w/e reason/how we even got to the subject of ghost stories.

#2 Same friend except he's older and married with a kid- takes place in Booklyn Park, MN

My friend sleeps down in the basement and as people in Brooklyn Park know the basements have another living room area and bathrooms/bedrooms well his room didn't have a door at the time and only a curtain as his door. Well one night as he was sleeping he turned to where the door was and from under the curtain he could see something crawling on the ground at this point my friend was already paralyzed and all he could do was watch the thing as it crawled on its hands dragging its body (kinda like the movie the grudge how the lady would do, hence why we refer to this ghost as the grudge) well anyways the thing crawled and crept up and pulled itself onto his bed and that's when it sat on him. This happened for quite a few times and everytime it was the same, it would crawl under the curtain and pull itself up to the bed and "sit" on my friend. Well he decided to actually go and get himself a door which were the sliding ones kinda like a closet looked like this (---- closed/^^ open) that night he had a feeling it would return so he tied the knobs with a string and went to sleep. He awoke to a noise at his door and he swear he could see the thing reach up and try to open the door it kept at it for awhile and then just stopped (I'm guessing at this point the ghost couldnt open it since it was tied and "it" was used to crawling under the sheets) He told me ever since he put that door in it doesnt bother him anymore.<------------Bunch of friends and I all agree the since before he didnt have a door and only a curtain it basically let itself in and was like a open invitation. We refer to this thing as the grudge whenever we mention this ghost story. I'm not sure if he told his parents since I never really cared to ask.

#3<------------Happened to my sister and I when we were little kids and my family had just settled in the U.S. for a few years. I'm around 4-5 my sis around 2-3 yrs old. This takes place in Eau Claire, Wi

Well my grandma used to babysit us until my uncle moved to MN and had kids so she went up there to go babysit his kids. One day my 2 older brothers and my older sis went to school so we decided to go up to their beds and jump on them, well in their room they have this closet that doesnt have a door like just like a walk-in closet. So my sis and I are jumping on the beds opposite side from the closet when we see this granny with long black hair and long fingernails emerge from the closet, we both got scared and wondered why grandma was in the closet but then we remembered grandma left us to babysit uncles kids. Well being scared I told me sis to hide under the blankets while I go grab my dad, I ran out the door and slid down the steps and told me dad. We both were going back and as soon as we hit the bottom steps my lil sis is already coming down the stairs, my dad told us to wait while my dad goes and check it out, he does and returns and doesnt say anything to us. At this point I forget what happened as this was long ago but my sis and I have never forgotten that experience. I sometimes ask my sis what happened after I left the room and my sis said she peeked from under the blankets and the lady was standing on the bed just moving back and forth looking around and when it started heading towards my sis thats when she got up and ran. I think about this sometimes and wonder if she ever came out while my 2 bro and sis was sleeping in that room,  but I just figured oh well.

Sorry for being so long and not having the best description of the ghost but hey I'll let you people's imagination to the work ^^. I've got one involving my dad but will post if anyone wants to hear. Peace out.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 02:19:57 AM by yuknowthat »

poppyseed

« Reply #2099 on: November 01, 2010, 10:27:15 AM »
This was told to me by my sister from her friend.

Her guy cousin was in his room doing homework. He had his door closed and his younger brother kept coming back in and out. His younger brother finally stopped and left his door open. From the corner of his eye, he saw a shadow, and he turned around and it was a girl. He got scared and went downstairs, told his mom, and his mom said "oh its nothing. don't worry about it." So he just let it go. He still kept seeing her, and he got used to her presence.

He got so used to of her that one day when his family was having dinner he asked his mom: mom why didn't you put out a plate for my girlfriend? you know she is here and she is hungry."

his mom asks: your girlfriend? where is she?

"she is here mom. she is hungry too. bring a plate out for her."

She still didnt think much of it, and took a plate for him.

His family noticed that he started getting skinnier, and more crazier. His mom noticed that he would talk to himself, and she got scared and worried for him.

And so.....they put him in a mental institute. *weird huh? what kind of family does that without ua neeb???*

His mom would call him weekly, and whenever she is talking to him, it seems like he isn't talking to her. He would say: You know i miss you. why don't you come and visit me. oh i see you right outside my door. you are already here?

his mom asks him: who are you talking to?

he says: my girlfriend.

This would happen every time she would call. But one day, he calls them while they're having dinner and he asked: why didn't you guys set out a place for my girlfriend? you know she likes you guys. and she is very hungry. bring out a plate for her. she is in my room. tell her to come and join you guys. or you can have my little 2 sisters bring food for her. she really likes you two.

his 2 sisters were like 7 and 8 at that time, and they were bawling and scared. and their mom made them both bring a plate of food to his room.

he was still on the phone with them, and they were up the stairs, frightened and crying, they stopped.

he asked them why did they stop? and why are they so scared. he told them that she really likes them and that right now she is patting their heads to console them.

they both got really scared, dropped the food, and ran back downstairs. and on the phone, their brother asked: why did you guys drop the food? she is still hungry.

his family finally ua neeb, and found out that in his past life, him and his girlfriend promised be together forever. he reincarnated and she didn't. she finally found him and is going to stay with him.

these group of guys decided to rent out a cabin and they all had to share a bed. the one guy sleeping at the edge of the bed couldn't sleep because it was so cold. after everyone else fell asleep, he felt something touching the bed like adding more weight, and then he felt something rubbing his thigh. he turned his head and saw an old lady and she asks: nov puas yog nqaij os? (is this meat?)

he got scared, woke everyone up, and said that he wanted to go. he was like man lets go. i dont like staying here, lets go.

his buddies were like nah, man. we rented this place. if you dont want to sleep on the edge, i'll switch with you.

so his buddy switched place with him. same thing happens to him. he couldn't sleep because it was so cold. and then he felt something on the bed. then something rubbing his thigh. he turned his head, and saw the same old lady, and she asks him: noy puas yog nqaij os?

he woke everyone up, said the same thing. they all packed and left.

there is this certain yang clan that whenever someone passes away they have to put food and water in the deceased's coffin or else the coffin will shake. not sure why, but one time they didn't and the deceased's spirit possessed someone and shouted at them that he is hungry and very thirsty. after they put food and water in the coffin, it stopped shaking.

this aunt passed away for some unknown reason. when they were doing her funeral, they heard a loud high pitch scream, and the lights were flicker off and on. it stopped. and then it happened again. loud high pitch scream. lights flicker on and off. they didn't know where it was coming from. they looked and looked. they finally looked in the coffin, and the dead aunt had her mouth open. they had to manually hold her mouth together throughout the funeral. *eeekkk scary!*

Advertisements