Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590171 times)

FRUMTHASOUF

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #2205 on: January 29, 2011, 09:41:48 PM »
I do wonder sometimes about what people say about kids who haven't lost their baby teeth. My son is almost 7 and he still hasn't lost any of his baby teeth. He's never mentioned to me about seeing anything though.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Havocrazy

« Reply #2206 on: January 30, 2011, 06:25:10 PM »
you guys might be surrounded by spirit guards, shamanism body guards, you know you guys might become one one day

Offline thehotone

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: January 31, 2011, 08:07:39 AM »
The hot one, you should do some research on it.

lol..no thank you! i wouldn't dig too much in or i won't ever be able to sleep.  :2funny:

Offline thehotone

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: February 01, 2011, 01:51:47 PM »
A few years after my parents arrived here in the States, they bought their first house. Within a few days of moving in, things were not up to par in that house.  There’s so much to share as everyone who visited or stay with them witness something in that house and still talk about till this day. The children’s of the original owners sold that house with all the furnishings so my parents and my grandparents were up to the task of cleaning everything out.
My mom said one night while she and my grandma were home alone with me as an infant, they were having dinner, the diaper box started knocking like someone was throwing rocks into it. My grandma quickly got up to flip the empty box to see if there was a mice in there and it was empty. She then put the box on the other side of the room. As soon as she sat down, the box started knocking again. My grandma got up slowly and grasp the box and the knocking stop. She then put it in the corner and stood there to see what was causing the knocking. Within a few seconds, the box started shaking and she jerk back and grab the box and threw it outside! 
One night my mom left a candy bar on the dining room table after grocery shopping. The next morning when we got up, the candy was gone! My dad hadn’t seen it and she knows she didn’t move it and as confuse as she was about it, she wasn’t scare until the next day when she went to throw away some stuff and the half eaten candy was in the garbage can! 
My aunts use to stay with my mom and us while my dad was working and one night while watching TV, the house started shaking! It sounded like someone was also knocking on all the windows around the house. Another aunt had also came over one other night and as she was sleeping, she felt someone pull her blanket down. She pulled it up and rose up from bed when she SAW the blanket go down again! She quickly left the room and went straight to my parents room, she didn’t stop to look and see what it was.
One night while my dad was out, my mom had us in the bedroom and she said that I was laughing and playing with my younger sibling and when I turned around towards the corner, I started crying..pointi ng to the corner..yellin g *meow-meow nas*! She said I cover my face and refused to look up and no matter how she tried to calm me down I would not budge or stop crying. She then start spitting and yelling at it about scaring me but she said at that same time she was TERRIFIED to the bones too. LOL
An uncle who was visiting woke up early to make coffee and as he was sipping coffee he saw a half human/half horse/sheep/dog like run straight to the garage. He froze and walk to the back of the kitchen and look again and the garage door was shut but no signs of this creature. When my parents got up, he told them what he saw and seemed real concern about it. My parents were then advised to pour some white stuff around the exterior of the house and if there was something there…they will know. They did exactly as told and the next morning when they went out check, there was a track all around the house with footprints not like a dog or a cat but a goat/sheep circling the house a few times as the tracks were overlapping each other.
They eventually sold the house and we didn’t encounter another ghostly house until some 15yrs later...

Aside from the story, my aunt who is a shaman said that one night a relative of her husband had called to inquire about his house. Not ever meeting him or seeing his house, her khuab neeb was able to describe exactly everything that they were experiencing in their house. According to her khaub neeb, his house is built on top of another house (grave). YIKES!!  :o

Offline thehotone

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: February 01, 2011, 01:56:26 PM »
you guys might be surrounded by spirit guards, shamanism body guards, you know you guys might become one one day

true.. i see red energy when someone from mom's family passes.

LadyThao

« Reply #2210 on: February 02, 2011, 01:30:31 PM »

so about a couple of years ago, one of my distant uncle got really sick. at the time, he was a big believer in the old traditional ways. well, after many attempts to see what was wrong with him, he decided to convert to christianity.  he told my cousins that one day if he dies, he wants his funeral to be the christian way. well, a couple of weeks ago, he died. the elders and cousins got together to discuss what to do. my distant uncle only has three sons. two of them are married and one is single. well, the first born son was recently out of jail so they turned everything to the second son. since those cousins don't really go to church so they turned to their uncle and asked what should they do. that uncle said to just do it the old way. since he believed in the old way, they should do it that way.

well, the second son lives in a house where there's this light upstairs that doesn't turn off at all. right after they agreed to do it the old way, that light suddenly turned off and every light upstairs. ever since that night, the distant uncle would visit him every night in his dream. i'm not sure how he appears but i was told that the second son would not go upstairs at all. he told his uncle to put something around his neck to protect him.

Roc

« Reply #2211 on: February 09, 2011, 09:28:40 PM »
I had a friend in school who lived in a haunted house. She even says her dead grandma still haunts the house. She says she can feel her grandma the most near or in the attic. Her grandma is a good spirit but she isn't the only one there. There were three or four different ones. One night she was going to the bathroom and as soon as she opened the door she heard a loud scream from inside the bathroom. She closed the door but after hearing nothing else she opened it again and found nobody. She also believes the spirit of a tall dark man haunts the place and likes to play tricks like moving car keys and books.

chummy

« Reply #2212 on: February 10, 2011, 12:02:31 PM »
I hear 'they' come out more after 3 am.... ooh scary.
i lived alone with my kids... on the nights they stay at their dad's, i'd go out with friends and come home very very late. such as at or around 3 am. my friend's would say to me that when i open my door, look behind myself to see if anyone is with me.... yikes! if not, i'm good. i can go in. if there is, lock your door and walk out so they don't follow you in.

or if you have ghost friends that follow you around, the best way to rid of them when moving is to crawl thru the window after everything's packed up and gone. If you leave thru the door, they'll follow you.

Dolly

« Reply #2213 on: February 11, 2011, 02:19:18 PM »
 :D

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 06:04:13 PM by Dolly »

morninglory

« Reply #2214 on: February 15, 2011, 05:12:28 PM »
This happens when my ex sister in law was still married to my brother. She is always scare to sleep alone because she said as soon as she close her eyes, she sees her grandma. One night, my brother was away and she couldn't sleep. She says something keeps bothering her. My dad did a ritual for that night. The next morning, we saw a set of small footprints that goes from their bedroom window around the house to the fence and a small hold underneath the fence. It was so creepy. My dad had to do another ritual and fill the hole and block it from coming back.

FNXIAO89

« Reply #2215 on: February 15, 2011, 05:24:07 PM »
wow. Are we Hmong people going crazy with all this superstition talk?? jk

Hey guys! I'm new here and I LOVE to read and hear about scary supernatural encounters... although I do not want it to happen to me personally. After reading a few of these good scary ghost stories, I want to share one with you guys.

My mom and aunties, along with a few other Hmong women, rented some unoccupied land near where we live to do gardening. Well, recently EVERYONE's been growing corn to make money instead of just harvesting veggies for their family; my mom included. Once the corn started growing it could get really creepy, especially at night when you are the last to leave. One night, one of my auntie was late in going home and by the time she started packing her things and getting them in the car it was already dark. As she unloaded the last of her Hmong shovels into her car she hears somebody calling her name in the field of corn. She thought someone else was probably still around so she replied back. Just when the last word left her lips she regretted it because the hairs on her arms and head were on ends. She felt a cold breeze fly by and saw that someone or something was rustling through the corn field in a rush to get to where she was at! She scramble into her car without hesitation and started her car. As she drove away, she noticed that although the rustling stopped in the area where she was just at there was nobody there. She thought that with that much commotion in the field there must have been a body to move the corn like that, but nope....nobody . After that incident, words traveled and nobody stayed late. Everyone left when the sun began to set.

MsX

« Reply #2216 on: February 17, 2011, 12:57:14 PM »

so about a couple of years ago, one of my distant uncle got really sick. at the time, he was a big believer in the old traditional ways. well, after many attempts to see what was wrong with him, he decided to convert to christianity.  he told my cousins that one day if he dies, he wants his funeral to be the christian way. well, a couple of weeks ago, he died. the elders and cousins got together to discuss what to do. my distant uncle only has three sons. two of them are married and one is single. well, the first born son was recently out of jail so they turned everything to the second son. since those cousins don't really go to church so they turned to their uncle and asked what should they do. that uncle said to just do it the old way. since he believed in the old way, they should do it that way.

well, the second son lives in a house where there's this light upstairs that doesn't turn off at all. right after they agreed to do it the old way, that light suddenly turned off and every light upstairs. ever since that night, the distant uncle would visit him every night in his dream. i'm not sure how he appears but i was told that the second son would not go upstairs at all. he told his uncle to put something around his neck to protect him.

So, did they do it the old way or Christian way?

vangkm007

« Reply #2217 on: February 17, 2011, 01:49:52 PM »
Here's my story, read by the host of "Anything Ghost": http://anythingghost.libsyn.com/anything-ghost-show-127-the-fifth-anniversary-show

LadyThao

« Reply #2218 on: February 17, 2011, 02:38:48 PM »
So, did they do it the old way or Christian way?

they ended up doing it the old way.

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: February 17, 2011, 04:39:40 PM »
Dang, these stories should be collected and published.  :D

Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.

Advertisements