Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590240 times)

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #2340 on: April 09, 2011, 12:20:17 AM »
Nice... got some new ppl to jump start this site.. I'm glad to see other ppl writing in here, other than me. LOL

Speaking about those little white thingy,
I heard this from my close friend......

This took place back some where between 1996-1998, me and my friend worked in the same company. He worked 3rd and I work 2nd shift.
My friend told me this, one day this hmong dude that works with him told him that, he saw them white figure in his bed.

It went like this, one day he sent his wife to her mom's house, after he dropped her off. He came back home to sleep, and when he opened the bedroom door, he saw his wife sleeping in the bed. (WTF) so he thought to himself, "wait did I just drop my wife at her mom's place or who did I drop off". So he walk away and called him MIL and ask her if his wife was over there and he wanted to speak with his wife. His MIL said "yes" my daughter is here. So he talked to his wife and to make sure that she is over there,after that he went back to the bedroom and his wife was still in bed.

You know how them OG's always telling that if you're not sure if that's a person or a ghost to look under the arm pit.
So when he got to the door he looked under his arm pit and sure enough, what was sleeping in his bed was those white ppl thingy. So he back away and closed the bedroom door and walked out of the house. Not long after that he placed his house for sale. I don't know what happened after that.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 12:56:16 AM by saki saki »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: April 09, 2011, 12:52:03 AM »
Man, writing all these ghost stories, feels like I'm reliving those old days.

I told you guys that I had a few pigeon stories.

Now back in the days when I was still catching them pigeons, there was this cave in downtown st. Paul. I forgot where this place is located, it's been so long. So there was this one black (guy/friend) that used to hang with us once in a while. So he wanted to go catch them pigeons with us, and this cave is pitch black. I mean super pitch black. In those days none of us ever thought about a flash light. So you had to feel your ways with you hands, but if you go there so often that you sorta now that area, and not to venture too far. I mean this cave goes way way back. I don't know how far it goes cause none of us wants to go that far. besides it's kinda hard to breathe. The further you go, the harder to breathe. It's dark in there so the pigeon don't get spook, all you had to do was feel them bird and catch them.

So this black dude went with us, he's been there a couple of times so he kinda know this cave. Now this black guy's been around us hnomg and knows how to catch them birds. So while we were all in the cave doing your things. All of a sudden the black dude started freaking out and started to yell like he was crazy. He screamed, that he thought a pigeon was by him and when he reached out he touched a hairy arm/hand. Like a gorilla type fur. So all of us started to freak out and felt your ways out of the cave. When we got out of the cave we all ran like shyt. Since then none of us went to that cave again. But soon there was a story about some bum  dude that died in that cave and the city closed up the cave. But I was wonder if, what ever was in there that days, when the black dude claims that he felt a hairy arm has anything to do with that bum dude and his passing.

Many years have pass and there was this story on the news about some kids that went into some cave in down town St. Paul and die and that the fire dept couldn't reach them cause of low oxygen.
That day when I saw the news. It got me thinking about that day when we ran into something in that cave. LOL

Havocrazy

« Reply #2342 on: April 09, 2011, 10:58:35 AM »
Yessiree, funny how your mom just left your sister alone after a incident like that. That's freaking freaky what your mom saw. One room apartment with two queens?, man that's ghetto. Welcome to the foam.

Havocrazy

« Reply #2343 on: April 09, 2011, 11:04:32 AM »
Saki, got me thinking with your story about the white thing. No matter what, always gotta' make sure before proceeding.

Roc

« Reply #2344 on: April 09, 2011, 12:49:18 PM »
Hmm, where are our OG's? I'm waiting to hear more stories from Thailand/Laos.

I remember one my grandpa told to the family at one of our rare family gatherings. He said it happened at the time when my dad (who is the oldest son) was just barely able to walk, probably around 1965 in Long Cheng, Laos. They had just had my aunt who was the infant, and there was one more daughter in between my aunt and my dad.

They had a babysitter who was a cousin to my dad staying with them at the time. That night was really windy, but the cousin kept saying she was hearing voices outside the house (remember these are the straw houses). She kept waking my grandpa up all night and the middle daughter kept crying, until finally there was a big crash outside. My grandpa ran outside with his gun to see what it was. The wind was really loud and blew inside the house. When he got back inside and they turned on the light, the cousin was already dead (it looked like she was strangled) and the middle daughter was turning blue. She would die later in the early morning. He said that whatever spirit or demon it was that was wanting the baby daughter and the cousin was waiting for its chance when he opened to door to let it in.

Roc

« Reply #2345 on: April 09, 2011, 12:54:30 PM »
My grandma also told us about strange animals that were sort of like mythical creatures/monsters. She said there was this bird that looked like a vulture but had the head of a cat. It had a very peculiar noise that it makes that no other animal makes. She said that these things were always bad omens, if you see one, somebody in the village was going to get sick or get lost or something. She said that when they were little, they were at the house at the rice fields when they would hear it crying from the rooftop. Her dad got his crossbow and shot through the banana leaf roof and hit the bird thing. They burned it in the fire after that.

Are there any other weird animals that you older generation remember?

Roc

« Reply #2346 on: April 09, 2011, 01:01:19 PM »
One from the US. This was told to me by a neighbor who used to babysit us when we were in elementary school. If I remember right, he was a hmong Herr.

So his parents sent him to live with his relatives in North Carolina when he was a teenager because they didn't approve of his girlfriend at the time. One afternoon, he was in the car with his uncle who was the same age as him. The uncle told him that North Carolina was very haunted and you often see ghosts or witches in the trees or on the street lights (they live in the countryside). So my neighbor started saying he wished he could see a ghost because he's never seen one before. They come to a stop light in the middle of nowhere, when his uncle says "look there's something in the trees." My neighbor looks and doesn't see anything so he asks, "where's the witch?" Then they hear a voice from the back of the car, "I'm right hear."

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: April 09, 2011, 03:45:17 PM »
One from the US. This was told to me by a neighbor who used to babysit us when we were in elementary school. If I remember right, he was a hmong Herr.

So his parents sent him to live with his relatives in North Carolina when he was a teenager because they didn't approve of his girlfriend at the time. One afternoon, he was in the car with his uncle who was the same age as him. The uncle told him that North Carolina was very haunted and you often see ghosts or witches in the trees or on the street lights (they live in the countryside). So my neighbor started saying he wished he could see a ghost because he's never seen one before. They come to a stop light in the middle of nowhere, when his uncle says "look there's something in the trees." My neighbor looks and doesn't see anything so he asks, "where's the witch?" Then they hear a voice from the back of the car, "I'm right hear."
:2funny: :2funny:

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Havocrazy

« Reply #2348 on: April 10, 2011, 11:38:07 AM »
My grandma also told us about strange animals that were sort of like mythical creatures/monsters. She said there was this bird that looked like a vulture but had the head of a cat. It had a very peculiar noise that it makes that no other animal makes. She said that these things were always bad omens, if you see one, somebody in the village was going to get sick or get lost or something. She said that when they were little, they were at the house at the rice fields when they would hear it crying from the rooftop. Her dad got his crossbow and shot through the banana leaf roof and hit the bird thing. They burned it in the fire after that.

Are there any other weird animals that you older generation remember?

From what I was told from the old Gs is that those bird are giant owls, and only appear and cried when somebody in that particular village is going to pass. The strange thing is it could be anybody, no sickness or any sort of that nature, just pass in their sleep. So everyone was frighten when ever it show up and calls. A vulture with a cat face?, that's pretty freaky just picturing it, a giant bird flying around "meow, meow, meow"  ;) j/k.

Yessiree

« Reply #2349 on: April 10, 2011, 06:38:16 PM »
Havocrazy : Haha. I know right ? && Thanks for the welcome. LOL

I have another story about one of my dad's friend. This took place back in Laos a way way back when my dad's friend was like 20 or something? Now he's like in his mid 40. Well, anyways, here goes!

Back in Laos, my dad's friend, Lets call him Pao. LOL. Pao got really sick due to the back condition that they lived in. So Pao was sent to a hospital like place where they kept this tent for the sick and stuff. Well, it was like midnight and Pao couldnt sleep cause he keeps hearing people talking in stuff. In the tent, there was an electric light that sways back in forth in the middle of the tent. Well, the light was swaying back in forth and he keeps hearing footsteps and giggles. So he decided to have a look. ( I would totally freak out and not look! LOL) What he saw was about 3 or 4 Poj Ntxoogs running back in forth picking up the moths that dropped from the light. They pick it up and giggles then eat it. Pao freaked out and laid down, pretending to go to sleep. He said this went on for a while and after a while, he eventually fell asleep.

Another one :
Back when i was younger, i shared a room with my sisters and my two brothers had their own room. Well, Some nights, i would hear like Thai people talking, and since my mom loves watching Thai Lakorn, i thought that it was the TV. But our room was not near to living room. I would get up and go look at the living room and find that the TV is off and my parents sleeping. I was young and forgot to be scared. LOL. So i just went back to the bedroom and laid down. As soon as i closed my eyes, i hear them again. And there's this big window that our heads face towards when we sleep. So i got up and peek out the window, but i would not see anyone but the talking continues. I thought that it was our neighbor cause our neighbor were Mien and they watch lots of Thai Lakorn too. but who would put the TV that loud? Because i can clearly hear the voices. But i never really thought much about it. And i still wonder what it really was or who was talking. Haha. Freaks me out now when i think about it.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: April 12, 2011, 10:48:34 PM »
Yessiree,
After reading your strange voices encounter, It was like me living what I went though when I was still living in that project house.

After reading all the posting here on PH, there's no denial that such strange stuff is out there. I use to watch them ghost hunter shows and heard a lot of ppl wanting to go and film or catch these white thingy. But you'll never find them cause that's just how it is, and those things hide themselves from view. But every now a then when the living and non-living world meet. That's when you see them and they see you, I think.LOL.

I remember hearing that story about someone (white dude) caught that white thingy on Hwy 52 in Minnesota, and ppl would go and see it. I haven't seen it for my self, but I heard that it was all a lie. That, that never happened, cause I heard so many different stories. I heard that someone hatched that story to keep them OG's from releasing spirits over that area.

If this was a true story, Why was it never posted on the news, for a new species found in Minnesota. I mean almost all the ppl that heard the story never confirmed that it happened.

Not a scary story.

Back to my Mt. Airy home. I use to work 2nd shift. My shift ended on 2:30am. I would be home around 3am and after I shower I would come to my room and I too would heard voices in my room. It sounded like two ppl talking back and forth and it was right in front of my bed, so I would put my ear right in that spot but all I could hear was muffing words. I couldn't make out the words, and it would be like, W T Hell, what am I hearing. This would happen for a couple of days, and it would be in that same area. So I though it would be sorta cool if I record the strange voices, But it was a good thing that I never did. Cause way, way later I would find out from my friend that live in that area before I move in. (Some hmong dude slept in that room, that I'm now sleeping in). He died in that room, (Freaky). Like I said that is one freaky house.

So when I was looking for a house to buy, I tell my Agent that there must be no death in the house. Cause that's how the Hmong culture is, and the owner of that house must tell the truth to the best of their knowledge.

I don't want to think that house that I'm living in now, I don't want to say that my house is hunted or any of those stuff, but sometimes I would hear ppl talking at night, outside my window. And I would think that it was my next door ppl, being outside. But I would look outside my widow and not see any ppl. But having heard those voices, it reminded me of that time when I was still living at the project. Anyways those voices sound like muffing word and it sounded like two little girls or that's what I think. Once in a while I'll heard them but I don't know if my wife hears those voices, cause she sorta don't believe in those stuff. Lucky her. But those muffing word sounded just like that time. I hope that I was just hearing things LOL

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 11:39:01 PM by saki saki »

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: April 12, 2011, 11:58:34 PM »
This just reminded me, when  Mt. Airy homes was being remodel.

We had to be relocated to a new place for a short term while my house was being model. And I was still working 2nd shift. So when I got home I did the same routine, just right when I was about to fall a sleep. I was partly asleep and awake, some how my spirit looked up to the ceiling and  I saw a black figure shadow falling right at me. I remember saying Oh shit, and I opened my eyes and it disappeared just as it was about to fall on top of me, I mean it was about inches away from me. Man my heart was beating fast, cause if you guys remember, when I has a fight with that thing and in my dream, it said to me while I was beating it up " that it'll leave me around 4-5 pm and will not come and bother me no more". I sat up in my bed and said to myself " (F)". What the hell was that, man that thing didn't keep it's word. So I went back to sleep, but my heart was still racing and it took me awhile before I fell asleep. I was more aware of my body that night.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 12:05:24 AM by saki saki »

m1zz_$h0rtY

« Reply #2352 on: April 13, 2011, 02:43:12 PM »
I have a story to share:

Back in the old days, around 1993-1995 or somewhat close to those year. My lilo brother and my parents got in an argument so he kinda lock the whole family out. Everyone was outside hanging out with the neighbor, at that time, our block is full of hmong family. So my dad decided that we should pay a visit to my brothers family since we are being lock out. My brother lived about 15 min drive away. After visiting for a few hours my dad drove us home. Once we turned into the block, I can see from the window stands a tall figure (about 7 ft tall) with long hair. When we finally reach the house it was unlock and we walked in to find my lilo brother sleeping on the couch. I never told anyone about this incident before, but just a couple year ago (2009-2010) my family and I were just hanging out and talking about the good old days when we start talking about our past encounters. I finally told everyone what I saw that night and then my two brother say they saw the same thing. That freaks me out knowing that what I saw that night was not an illusion.

another story about the same house:
Our house has a lilo basement sort of alike, so it sits about 1 ft off the ground and have opening on all four side.  We have a chicken coupe in the back yard, and one night my mom caught a cat that were attacking our chickens. She cover all the outlet from the basement and put the cat inside the base. She told us that, that night she had a dream that these gods of death came to the cat and told the cat that they was gonna leave the cat behind. The cat was sent to take someone away but since it fail to do its job, they can no longer wait for the cat. As morning come, my mom went to go check on the cat and it was gone. We later move to a different place and that is when all the wierd stuff start happening..... will be back to share more.... but one question, What does it mean when you keep on having dreams that leads you back to the same house?

« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 04:58:01 PM by m1zz_$h0rtY »

m1zz_$h0rtY

« Reply #2353 on: April 13, 2011, 03:19:02 PM »
okkkkies, back to my story.
So here we are at the new house. This house is set the same way (sits ontop of bricks that leaves a space about 1 ft off the ground) but has wood floor. Every night I (never bother to ask if anyone else hears it) will hear the wood creeks from foot step and thought that it was just the neighbor because these are duplex house. Some night our neighbor's dog would bark like crazy and run all around the back yard. Then there is this one night when my brother woke up to see a huge dark figure and got in a fight with it. Now a day i will have dreams like I have never left that house before. And sometimes I even have dreams that I move back to the same house and everyone & everything was still the same like when we just first got there.... I mentioned this a couple of time to my mom, but she say that its nothing to be scare of. She dont know I have a lilo ordeal with the house. I remember it was a weekend and my parents are away at cousins house helping with the shaman stuff, and my baby brother came to up to me. He says "my tummy hurts really bad, sis do u have know what kinda of med I should take?" and I told him no, but I will try to find something or do something. So stupid me, I turn to the wall of the house and plead. "Please, if you can, take the pain from my baby brother and give it to me so he wont have to deal with the pain". A few minutes went by and suddenly I felt this twisted pain in my abdominal. I couldnt take it anymore so I plead again. "Please, if you can hear me, take the pain. You are the wall therefore you will not feel anything." And bam, the pain is gone.  Sometimes when I have dreams about the house I think its because of that ordeal I have.

m1zz_$h0rtY

« Reply #2354 on: April 13, 2011, 03:31:49 PM »
I should be working, but I'm going to share this story first before I forget about it.

This was told to me by a friend. She told me that she has this one grandpa who just pass not to long ago due to a promise he made with a past girlfriend. The grandpa is very ill and so the family have someone do jingle bell to look into his soul. The shaman person told the family that the reason why he is ill is because the girl friend is trying to take him away. When they were younger they made a promise to be with each other by drinking each others blood. The girlfriend end up marrying someone else and live her life... same thing goes with my friend grandpa. After a few days, the grandpa start talking nonsense and refuse to sleep. He says he can see ghost and that someone is coming for him. The family decided that they will take turn gaurding the grandpa so that he wont be scared. One night there were about 4-5 of the uncle in the bedroom with the grandpa and all sudden a rock flew from the window and hit the wall. It is impossible for a rock to flew thru the window without breaking it. Then while everyone was looking at the rock that flew next to the bed, there was this bloody arm reached out from under the bed and grab their grandpa's arm. They all yelled "arent you embarrass, there is so many people here and you are doing it infront of everyone". The bloody arm then let go and went back under the bed. When the uncle looked under the bed, there was nothing there. A few weeks later the grandpa died, and it was say that the girlfriend finally took him because he have some thing that belongs to her..... HER BLOOD THAT WAS INSIDE OF HIM, WHEN THEY DRINKED TO A PROMISE.

Advertisements