Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590112 times)

Havocrazy

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #2415 on: April 25, 2011, 09:49:37 PM »
My mom is a shaman, and she says that if you move from place to place and where ever you go, you always experience hauntings its NOT the HOUSE, or LOCATION, YOU as the person is haunted. It's not a haunted house you're living in, you are being followed no matter what.

hm . . . I wonder!? . . . kind of make sense . . . maybe to some but not other . . . every house me and my family moved to is haunted but our recent home is cool . . . so far . . . but yeah, I wonder!? . . .

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Roc

« Reply #2416 on: April 26, 2011, 02:10:25 AM »
A couple years ago, when we drove my mom's friend to Fresno with us, she told us that a hmong family had caught a poj ntxoog. She said that the family had a teenage daughter who recently started staying in her room a lot. At night they could hear her talking to a man in her room. One night the dad decided he would catch the boy who was sleeping with his daughter so he took the key to her room and when he heard them talking he and the mom burst in. At that moment a cat lept up from the girls bed and jumped out the open window.

The girl was yelled at, and for awhile it seemed like things were okay, but the parents started hearing it again. When she was asked to explain it, she said her boyfriend came in every night to keep her company. So again, the dad waited up late until he heard them talking. Then he burst in again, and the cat ran for the window, but this time he had a net and with the help of the mom caught the cat. That night they called all the family to come see it. It was a lot bigger than a normal cat and had eyes slanted the wrong way. At the time when she told us, my mom's friend said that they had chopped it up and was selling it for medicine.

Pure-Noob

« Reply #2417 on: April 26, 2011, 03:06:21 AM »
I'm not sure if this is a true story......... ....

There is this one place that hmong people always go to kill cow and also do the soul release ritual, its in Lathrop which is located south of Stockton. This place is well known to alot of Hmong around the area. There are two building, one is for killing cow and the other is where the chicken are kept and slaughter. Well, I heard from a friend that the people that work there caught a lilo girl with slanted eyes and its arm are on the bottom where as the leg is suppose to be and the leg are where as the arm are suppose to be. The worker came in early one morning and notice that there was a lilo girl playing with the chicken's egg. They slowly approach her in the dark and use one of them fish net thingy to catch her. When they did that she froze and cant run anywhere. After the light was turned on they realized she was not a normal person. The owner there called someone of the authority figure to come pick and take the girl away.

When my mom and I went there for the chicken a couple of week later, I asked the hmong guy that was working there if this was true. He told me that it was only rumor. I ask my mom to ask him the question..... cus usually an og ask another og, they tend to tell the truth. He told my mom that, yeah its true they did caught a poj ntxoom there.

I'm not sure if anyone of you heard of this, but if you do, correct me if I'm wrong.

yea I've heard that story back then, but now doubt it's true cause there isn't any follow up as to where they took her? if she just disappeared like all ghosts do, then we would've heard that part. no police reports, nothing

sahara

« Reply #2418 on: April 26, 2011, 03:48:36 PM »
Great Stories!

My niece told me this story.  Her husband's uncle have this daughter that's married.  This couple seems to always argue and fight a lot so one night when they were arguing.  The girl went outside and started sobbing and nyiav.  Then suddenly she felt a breeze of wind pass by her and the hair on the back of her neck started to stand up.  She got scare and went back inside. 

A couple of days pass by and she kept having this scare feelings that someone's watching her and she could not stay in the house by herself.  They came to one of our friend that is a shaman to look into it and he ask her if she did anything when she and her husband argue that night.

She finally fess up and told the truth and that's when our friend told her that when she went outside that night and nyiav; a ghost was nearby and got attracted to her.  He said that the ghost even had all of its relative to prepare for a wedding as it wanted to married her. 

Our Shaman friend told them that in order to fix this they will have to ua neeb and sacrifice an animal.  They did that and I guess she is ok now. 

molayang

« Reply #2419 on: April 26, 2011, 06:48:27 PM »
wow. scary ass stories. but i love it so much. =]

Gawmp

« Reply #2420 on: April 27, 2011, 08:31:09 AM »
Regarding the story which happened at the slaughter house in Lathrop, I don't believe it's true. OG's have always said that if a poj ntxoog is caught especially by hands, one must hold on to it without replacing hands. Once you replaced hands, that's when the poj ntxoog is likely to escape and put something in its place. Also, if it was real and higher authorities were called, I'm sure it would've been on the news in a way of the sort.

I remember back in refugee camp Nam Yao in thailand, my dad and his cousins were trying to catch a poj ntxoog that had been possessing one of my uncle's wife. It would make her act crazy and start yelling at nothing. Whenever this happens and it usually happens during the night around the wee early mornings...the time when the OG's call it...Ntuj Sib Faib Sia. It's when night fading away and dawn is approaching.

This happens pretty much almost every night, and they did everything they could to hopefully help with her. Nothing seems to work, until one of the uncles realized that whenever this happens, there was always a cat inside the house. When they would do shaman and run around my aunt, the cat would leave the house through a hole in the wall and not longer afterwards, she would return to normal. So after realizing this, they came up with a plan to chase the cat out and capture it with nets. The houses then were built with a moat around the side of the house where rainwater would be drained away. They knew where the hole in teh wall was and they've created a path using nets to guide the cat to a location where they can capture it. My dad was one of the ones at the end location where the cat was suppose to be net and caught.

When the time approached for my aunt to be possessed again, the cat would all of the sudden just appeared in the house. They did their stuff and the cat ran out the hole in the wall. They started yelling that IT was coming and my dad and a couple of other cousin of his were ready to pound this cat with big ol branch-like bats. My dad tells us that while they were waiting at the end location, they would hear this loud noice rushing their way. It seemed like a huge animal (beast) of the sort was running at them hard. They got ready and as the cat came around the corner, all they saw was a cat, but the eyes were slanted upright and they knew it was the one. It ran straight into the net they've set up, but one side of the net came loose as the cat was struggling in there. They beat on the cat but it managed to get out throught the loose side. It headed straight torwards the bamboo forest and down to the woods. They said it sounded like an elephant running in the woods.

I am not sure what happened after that, since not long after, we've moved to the US. My aunt is still living and she and my uncle are in MN....

modoupodou

« Reply #2421 on: April 27, 2011, 12:45:07 PM »
OKIES So there was these two guys who went out night fishing at a lake. They parked their car in a way so that the trunk was facing the lake and the front faced the road. After a while, one of those guys started to act cocky and thinking that he was tough. The other guy soon joined him. they both started telling each other how that the lake wasn't scary and they were not scared of ANY ghost, and if there was any ghost in the area that wanted to join them.
Nothing happened after a while, but as they packed their things in the car and slowly drove away, they notice in the rear view mirror the back of a female's head sticking out of the water. It slowly came out of the water on  to land. It was walking backwards towards their car (if you know what i mean) with is face towards the water.  At this point they stepped on the gas, but as they drove faster, the backwards figure ran after their car  Backwards as well; it still had it's face looking towards the water. Finally the two guys stopped the car and got out and begged the backwards figure to stop scaring them and that they were sorry for saying all those rude things. The figure must have heard it because then it stopped and slowly walked forward into the lake....

DRTYLUVN

« Reply #2422 on: April 27, 2011, 01:54:13 PM »
modoupodou, Thats  a classic case of ask and you shall recieve

sahara

« Reply #2423 on: April 27, 2011, 02:05:39 PM »
A month ago we found out something scary about my MIL.

Well she has been afraid staying home alone in the house whenever no one is home.  She says that she always have this feeling that someone is watching her.  Whenever no one is home she would turn the tv up really loud so that she's distracted.

She wanted our Shaman friend to look into it and he said he saw her in a field where she used to farm and told her exactly what side her crops was at.  Then that's when my MIL told him that yes there was a night when she was alone at the farm and was getting ready to go home.  She packed up everything in her truck and she also have those weight thing for the big boxes (for those that farm, you guys know what I'm talking about) anyways those thing are pretty heavy.

So she put that on her truck and I guess she turn her back to grab something and suddenly that heavy weight thing just fell off her truck.  Now, she got kinda spook b/c no one was around and of course there's no wind that can blow that thing off her truck.  She quickly packed up and drove as fast as she could.  But, while she was trying to get out of the farm, she heard this big boom that she thought something hit the back of her truck.  She still drove out of the farm and came upon a four way stop; she got out just to see if her truck was damage but there was nothing wrong with her truck at all. 

Well that's when our friend told my MIL that b/c of that incident a mexican spirit followed her home and now is lingering around the outside of her house.  Boy! when he told us that, we got all freaked out.  Our friend says that the ghost cannot come inside as we have our house guardian spirit guarding the house.  The ghost sometime will come to my MIL’s window and that’s when she have that freighting feeling that someone’s watching her.  Ahhhh! Creepy b/c we will sleep over there whenever we’re in town…

m1zz_$h0rtY

« Reply #2424 on: April 27, 2011, 02:56:10 PM »
Regarding the story which happened at the slaughter house in Lathrop, I don't believe it's true. OG's have always said that if a poj ntxoog is caught especially by hands, one must hold on to it without replacing hands. Once you replaced hands, that's when the poj ntxoog is likely to escape and put something in its place. Also, if it was real and higher authorities were called, I'm sure it would've been on the news in a way of the sort.

I'm not there to say if its true or not, but I'm pretty sure the old man who work there would not lie to my mom.

m1zz_$h0rtY

« Reply #2425 on: April 27, 2011, 03:13:42 PM »
My neighbor that live next door told me this story......

The neighbor been living in their home for about 10 years and suddenly everything in the house seems to change, including their family members. They first notice it when one day the daughter came home late and the father yelled at her. She turned around with a face not fimilar to the family. She jumped ontop of the father and start punching him in the face. A couple of weeks later, there was a drive by the house. The room that was shot thru was the grandma's room. There were bullet holes all over the wall but not a single bullet hit or scratched the grandma. They did this jingle bell to call her soul and after the ceremony the shaman told everyone what he seen and what is going on. Well he say that there was a spirit in the house. The spirit want them out because they been living there long enough. The time that the daughter got in a fight with the fater was because the spirit got into her body. During the drive by the spirit was blocking the grandma so that the grandma wont get injured. The spirit says it dont want to share the place with anyone just incase so it have to protect them from getting kill. Soon they moved out of the house and the family went back to normal. Then along came this mexican family. When they first move in, everything was fine. A couple month went by and their two lilo boy ran outside screaming. We were chiling outside when this all happen. The mother told the two lilo boy that there was nothing, its just an illusion. After that incident, we have not heard anything else so i guess the spirit doesnt bother them anymore.

passingby#2

« Reply #2426 on: April 27, 2011, 11:04:52 PM »
 :o

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: April 28, 2011, 02:47:34 AM »
Okay, I've been busy playing around with this PH site...

Me and my wife sorta went through one of our darkest phase in a marriage....
this is sorta scary and sad at the same time...

So me and my wife has been on this subject about. Your know family thingy problems. So last Monday night, I came home, I had this weird feeling about the back door to the garage. My house's one of those attached garage.. This feeling was telling me to go check and see if it was lock or something. I though to myself and said" Na.. no one had  bizz opening that door". So Tuesdays morning I got the kids ready for school, as I opened the door from inside I saw that the back door was open.. I was like WTF. And I went to check and I locked the door... Anyways I thought that it was weird. So I didn't think much of it...

When my wife came home I asked her if her mom came over and did something in the garage... She said " her mom was over". But she doesn't know if she did something in there.. I told her that, when she went to work was the door open already? She said " no".

Anyways me and my wife had this huge argument. I went over to my parent,  then when I got home from my parent's house that night and we was like you know...Kiss and make up.. I forgot how much I loved my wife... We both cried for like I don't how long it was... All I know was that it was like 2-3am. When we both went to sleep.LOL

So the next morning I had a dream.. In my dream it was strange, cuz I was at my old project home.. And in my dream I dreamed that the back door was like unlocking itself all the time even if I went and lock it myself.... (That reminds me.. Let me go double check) (scaring myself, be back).. Okay I'm back.. "shaking".. And there was this figure looking at me from outside.. I didn't really see the whole figure but there was something or someone there...

(If you guys been reading my stories.. about being sat on.. I have a bunch of them Samurai Swords in my house and bedroom... So I thought that I was gonna get sat on, and in my dream I went and grabbed my sword and was knocking on the floor with the sword partly unsheathed and was telling it to leave or come on in..  But it never came in... I could tell that it was only looking in... So after a while it went away)..

Then in my dream it's was weird like I heard my FIL, ( you see he passed on already like 2-3-4 years now)..  And he told me that he was just coming to visit us, cause me and my wife was going through one of our darkest hour  after 9+ years of marriage... And about the door to the garage... It was him who opened that night... Holy crap I got even more freak out. So I went to the door ( in my dream thou, I went to the door at my old project home and said the some words). And told him not to come and scare me like that ever again, If he comes than come on a good term, and not scare me like that.. And for him to go home. cause this is not the place for him.. And that he should go back to his house that we gave him... Meaning ( you know what I'm trying to said here ) Sorry if some of you guys/gals don't understand.. I'm not gonna spell it cuz I'm kinda freak out already and wish not to say it.. Then I was like in my own house in the garage saying the same stuff I saying when I was like in my old project. You see.. Even thou after our love one or family passes on.. doesn't mean that they are really gone.... Mayn I don't know if  some of you guys has had any exp. like this.. So after that dream I got up... Made my eye all watery thinking about my FIL visiting me.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 03:07:02 AM by saki saki »

molayang

« Reply #2428 on: April 28, 2011, 10:26:35 AM »
yesterday my siblings, cousins, and I was telling scary stories and im about to tell you guys some.  :)

Story 1::::
This happened to my cousin... So she was babysitting our nephew and niece, she was tired and decided to sleep in her sister and BIL's room. When she was like half a sleep she see's an old man crawling out of the wall coming for her. She got so scared got up and ran to the living room.  :o

Story2::::
Ok so while we were talking about scary stories some stuff that popped in my mind was the stuff that happens to me and i told everyone about the stuff that happens to me, (im the only one that get sit on the most and see stuff the most out of my family) my cousin said that, thats probably because i go out to much and come late at night so like i bring some ghost in the house with me because her sister is like that too. So scary. now i dont want to go out so late anymore.

Story 3::::
Ok this one happened to my other cousin. when she was still living with her parents and siblings something happened to her. So how she explained it, it was scary as heck. Well one morning she was in her room because she said she was lazy and and all that stuff. lol well anyways she has three other sister and they were in the kitchen cooking while she was in the room laying on her tummy putting her feet up. if you understand. well one of her sister walked in and smacked her foot saying "dude get up and go help us why you so lazy". but she ignored her sister and then she went back out and she was just back laying the same way, all of a sudden at the corner of her eye she see's a girl with long black her smacked her foot and start laughing running out the room. So this time she got kinda freaked out but she was thinking like that might just be her younger sister playing around, then she asked all of them and they all said no to her. this time she got so freaked out that she will not want to stay by herself.  :-X

I'll tell you guys some later. im too scared. lol

Offline thehotone

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: April 28, 2011, 11:43:20 AM »
A family I know was getting haunted constantly no matter where they moved. They had the pastors come and pray and bless the house but that didn't work. One night, one of the cousin had stayed over and in the middle of night, he had to go use the bathroom. He walked towards the bathroom with just the lights on in the bedroom and when he open the bathroom door, he saw a little girl with upside down eyes. He freaked out and started screaming and ran to bang on his uncle's bedroom door. He was terrified. They called the pastor and one of the members that came with him while praying saw the thing run up the stairs. He got distracted and the prayer were call off.

The boy's maternal grandfather is still traditional so his grandfather tied a red string around his wrist just in case.....

Advertisements